Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-24-2011, 11:22 PM   #706
mom3sonstt
DIS Veteran

One more quick request if you please.

I have mentioned my oldest step-son before - they live out in Virginia Beach and he recently retired from the Navy with 20 years service (he is only 6 years younger than me ). He is now trying to find another job and it's not easy. He is back up here now, he got called in to test and interview for a job with the railroad. Galesburg (about 20 miles away) has the 2nd largest hub for BNSF and they are doing some hiring. He was one of about 90 some people up there today. He also has a couple other interviews lined up while he is back. My husband is trying to discourage him from moving back to Illinois. On the news just tonight they said that Illinois "leads" the nation in lost jobs for July. His family is all here, and his wife's family is from the Chicago area, so they both really want to move closer to family. But he needs a job.

Any good thoughts, prayers, pixie dust....anything...you can send their way would be much appreciated!

Organ Donors Save Lives www.lifegoeson.com RIP Bret 10-10-62 to 11-26-08
Thank you to the family who cared enough to share! (Kidney recipient 2/22/11)
Old 08-25-2011, 07:02 AM   #707
marvali
DIS Veteran

Tanya, I know I already commented on FB but I wanted to say great news on the whole kidney situation! I am so happy for you. I didn't mention it on the trip, but I thought it was fantastic when you could park the scooter and walk around with us some!!!

Thoughts and prayers for the whole situation with your step-son! I'm sure he will find the best situation for location and a job he is happy with!

AKV - since 2007 DIS Dad's Club Member #174
Me DW DS24 DS21 DS17
Link to 2011 AP Trips: Rides, Slides, Eats & Meets...It's an ANNUAL Pass after all!
Link to Dec 2010 Trip Report: Snow to 80 in 8 days–A spoonful of Holiday Cheer
Link to OKW Trip Report: OKW Trip Report
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-25-2011, 09:57 AM   #708
jenbear123
Disney Fanatic

Hey Tanya! Wow, that's quite the roller coaster you've been going through. I'm glad to hear things are looking up on your kidney situation. I'm sure you'll feel like a new woman once it's all done
Old 08-25-2011, 12:26 PM   #709
jenb1023
DIS Veteran

Glad to hear that you are getting the old kidneys out and that it could help you feel even better!!!

Sending prayers and good thoughts for your stepson and his family!

Apr 22-28, 2007 - WL, Jan 26-Feb 2, 2008 - AKL, Nov 15-23, 2008 - Pop,

Oct 30-Nov 3, 2009 Pop - me and DD, May 15-17, 21-23, 2010 - Universal/Poly
Jan 22-30, 2011 - POFQ, May 10-13, 2012 DCL on the Dream Sept 7-11, 2012 DD's surprise bday trip - BC Aug 30-Sept 2, 2013 - AOA, May 23-27, 2014 - 24 Hour Event - WL, June 29 - July 2, 2014 - POP, Upcoming - Nov 29 - Dec 6, 2014 - BC/ASSp - 1st Xmas Trip
Old 08-25-2011, 12:42 PM   #710
Captain_Oblivious
DIS Dad #257
Don't underestimate your audience. I'm sure there's a fart joke in here somewhere

I'm really glad to hear that your old kidneys have a limited shelf life! I hope this helps your quality of life even more.

And I'll keep your stepson and family in prayer.
Old 08-25-2011, 02:05 PM   #711
mom3sonstt
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvali View Post
Tanya, I know I already commented on FB but I wanted to say great news on the whole kidney situation! I am so happy for you. I didn't mention it on the trip, but I thought it was fantastic when you could park the scooter and walk around with us some!!!

Thoughts and prayers for the whole situation with your step-son! I'm sure he will find the best situation for location and a job he is happy with!
It was nice to be able to ditch it and wander around with you all. I wish I could have ditched it a little more, but it is so hard to do that at Epcot when you are pretty much moving forward all the time. It's easier at Magic Kingdom to park it in one "Land", cover all those attractions then pick it back up and move on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenbear123 View Post
Hey Tanya! Wow, that's quite the roller coaster you've been going through. I'm glad to hear things are looking up on your kidney situation. I'm sure you'll feel like a new woman once it's all done
This part of the roller coaster I am actually looking forward to! I was nervous about the transplant. I couldn't plan for it, I literally got a phone call and had to leave. Then I worried whether or not it would take. This one is on the calendar, and should go smoothly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenb1023 View Post
Glad to hear that you are getting the old kidneys out and that it could help you feel even better!!!

Sending prayers and good thoughts for your stepson and his family!
Thank you! I had told my husband late last year that if I didn't hurry up and get a new kidney I was going to see if they could take my old ones out anyway - at least my left one. Fortunately we never got to that point.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_Oblivious View Post
I'm really glad to hear that your old kidneys have a limited shelf life! I hope this helps your quality of life even more.

And I'll keep your stepson and family in prayer.
Yes, the old ones are expired, and it is time to get rid of them!

Thank you all for your prayers for Steve and his family. His wife and daughter are still in Virginia Beach getting ready (as so many others are) for Hurricane Irene.

The last hurricane they had they were without power for 5 or 6 days and Steve had to go out with the ship, so Shelly had to deal with scared kids on her own for awhile. Now this time he is up here and she is on her own again.

Old 08-30-2011, 05:21 PM   #712
mom3sonstt
DIS Veteran

Danny did download all the pictures off the various cameras and phones, and I have access to them. I am getting them all loaded on to Photo Bucket. I am up to the 8th and still have through the 15th to go. The pictures are a little slim this year, which means we only have hundreds of pictures instead of thousands. But there are some days that are practically non-existent.

The next two days I need to run to town for oil changes for the vehicles, license plate sticker, real estate taxes, and whatever other errands they come up with for me, so hopefully I will be on enough to stay current with the ones I am reading, and to keep loading pictures. This weekend we hope to spend some time cleaning up and organizing the basement. I spent the beginning of summer dragging Ryne to the laundromat with me going through all the baskets, piles and boxes of clothes that had accumulated. I got rid of a lot But Mark still has an over-abundance of clothes that really need to be sorted through. I also want to drag our deep freeze outside and let it melt. It is so frozen over, and the food that is in there needs to be pitched.

But hopefully, next week I can get a start to this trip. I know somewhere back there many, pages ago I started our June 2010 trip. Made it as far as dropping the older boys off at the airport and then stopped. I would get it started again but I can't find all my paperwork from that trip, and I am not totally sure I have the pictures loaded from that trip. I may have to start over on them. There are so many I am afraid I have duplicated some in my uploading. I may have to delete what I have and start over.

I also want to get down to my moms and find the pictures from our trip when we were kids. I know there aren't very many, but I would like to scan them in and do something with them too.

Basically, I need to get organized!

Old 09-01-2011, 02:18 PM   #713
jenb1023
DIS Veteran

Have nice holiday weekend and taking your time starting your TR - gives me a chance to get caught up on my other ones!

Apr 22-28, 2007 - WL, Jan 26-Feb 2, 2008 - AKL, Nov 15-23, 2008 - Pop,

Oct 30-Nov 3, 2009 Pop - me and DD, May 15-17, 21-23, 2010 - Universal/Poly
Jan 22-30, 2011 - POFQ, May 10-13, 2012 DCL on the Dream Sept 7-11, 2012 DD's surprise bday trip - BC Aug 30-Sept 2, 2013 - AOA, May 23-27, 2014 - 24 Hour Event - WL, June 29 - July 2, 2014 - POP, Upcoming - Nov 29 - Dec 6, 2014 - BC/ASSp - 1st Xmas Trip
Old 09-01-2011, 02:57 PM   #714
All7OfUs
We too are so very NOT into traipsing through the dark when a bucket will do just great
What a fun way to meet new folks and say howdy

Lots going on in your life, Tanya!! Prayers for all those "heavy" situations you have going one, especially the job situation. We've been there, done that one, so know how tough it can be!

Praying your kidney stuff solves LOTS of the stuff you've been having going on for so long! I'll be watching to see how that all goes!

Old 09-01-2011, 09:27 PM   #715
mom3sonstt
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenb1023 View Post
Have nice holiday weekend and taking your time starting your TR - gives me a chance to get caught up on my other ones!
Im having a hard time keeping up too...but they are so much fun to read!

Quote:
Originally Posted by All7OfUs View Post
Lots going on in your life, Tanya!! Prayers for all those "heavy" situations you have going one, especially the job situation. We've been there, done that one, so know how tough it can be!

Praying your kidney stuff solves LOTS of the stuff you've been having going on for so long! I'll be watching to see how that all goes!
Thank you Liesa! Steve headed back home to Virgina today. His kids start school Tuesday. Hopefully something will come through for him soon.

I am really hoping the kidney surgery improves some things too! It will be odd, because they have been enlarged for at least 18 years or more, so I am curious how it will feel once they are out. I had a chiropractor tell me once that I am probably in more pain than I realize, but since it is all I have ever known, I don't know any better. He was referring to my hip.....in addition to bad kidneys I also was born with congenital hip displaysia. I have no hip socket on the left side, well, at least not enough of one to hold the ball in place, so I have always walked with a limp, and have some curving in my spine. Yes, I was put together with leftover parts! Me and Tate would have a lot to talk about!!

Old 09-08-2011, 01:07 AM   #716
MAGICFOR2
DIS Veteran

Hi Tanya! I missed your updates - happy that you are getting your surgery, and hoping it makes things much better for you.

I will be praying for your Stepson - God does meet our needs in the most unexpected ways!
Old 09-08-2011, 06:46 AM   #717
marvali
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom3sonstt View Post
He was referring to my hip.....in addition to bad kidneys I also was born with congenital hip displaysia. I have no hip socket on the left side, well, at least not enough of one to hold the ball in place, so I have always walked with a limp, and have some curving in my spine. Yes, I was put together with leftover parts! Me and Tate would have a lot to talk about!!
Now THAT would be quite the conversation!!!

AKV - since 2007 DIS Dad's Club Member #174
Me DW DS24 DS21 DS17
Link to 2011 AP Trips: Rides, Slides, Eats & Meets...It's an ANNUAL Pass after all!
Link to Dec 2010 Trip Report: Snow to 80 in 8 days–A spoonful of Holiday Cheer
Link to OKW Trip Report: OKW Trip Report
Old 09-09-2011, 09:49 AM   #718
mom3sonstt
DIS Veteran

Guess what i just did!!!

I just booked a trip!!

Oh...it is in 11 days!! :b anana:

I fly down on Tuesday the 20th, staying at Saratoga....3 nights in a studio and 2 nights in a 1BR then fly home on the 25th.

Somewhere in there hopefully I can get to a MNSSHP and also hopefully I will overlap with Kathy's trip and can try to meet up with her and Mark.

No kids...no husband....just me....

Hubby had been telling me he would "let" me go. I thought he was just joking around. But he kept bringing it up, then he went and looked at flights. Well, by the time he did that, I couldn't get rooms....well, I couldnt get a studio. I hemmed and hawed enough that I lost the good prices on the flights. They were as low as 93...at least in one direction. But last night I went to our local telephone Co-op meeting, and won the Grand Prize of $300 and decided that was the clincher. So this morning I got up, checked the flights and called member services.

Old 09-09-2011, 10:21 AM   #719
Captain_Oblivious
DIS Dad #257
Don't underestimate your audience. I'm sure there's a fart joke in here somewhere

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom3sonstt View Post
I just booked a trip!!

Oh...it is in 11 days!! :b anana:

I fly down on Tuesday the 20th, staying at Saratoga....3 nights in a studio and 2 nights in a 1BR then fly home on the 25th.

Somewhere in there hopefully I can get to a MNSSHP and also hopefully I will overlap with Kathy's trip and can try to meet up with her and Mark.

No kids...no husband....just me....

Hubby had been telling me he would "let" me go. I thought he was just joking around. But he kept bringing it up, then he went and looked at flights. Well, by the time he did that, I couldn't get rooms....well, I couldnt get a studio. I hemmed and hawed enough that I lost the good prices on the flights. They were as low as 93...at least in one direction. But last night I went to our local telephone Co-op meeting, and won the Grand Prize of $300 and decided that was the clincher. So this morning I got up, checked the flights and called member services.

Spontaneous Disney Trip! Have a blast!
Old 09-09-2011, 10:46 AM   #720
jenbear123
Disney Fanatic

Wow! You won't need to wait long for this one! Have a fab time

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: