Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-16-2011, 04:03 PM   #691
mom3sonstt
DIS Veteran

I'm home!!!

Will try to catch up on other threads before I even think about starting anything here. But, Lessa - I found the rain that you didn't get on your trip!!

Organ Donors Save Lives www.lifegoeson.com RIP Bret 10-10-62 to 11-26-08
Thank you to the family who cared enough to share! (Kidney recipient 2/22/11)
Old 08-16-2011, 04:20 PM   #692
KatMark
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom3sonstt View Post
I'm home!!!

Will try to catch up on other threads before I even think about starting anything here. But, Lessa - I found the rain that you didn't get on your trip!!
Welcome back, Tanya. Can't wait to hear all about the trip.

RIP Genie
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-16-2011, 04:23 PM   #693
MAGICFOR2
DIS Veteran

WELCOME HOME!
Looking forward to your TR Tanya! Bathrooms, rain and no rides???
Old 08-16-2011, 05:06 PM   #694
jenbear123
Disney Fanatic

WELCOME HOME!
Old 08-16-2011, 08:57 PM   #697
Captain_Oblivious
DIS Dad #257
Don't underestimate your audience. I'm sure there's a fart joke in here somewhere

Welcome back Tanya! I hope it was a great time.
Old 08-17-2011, 06:18 AM   #698
marvali
DIS Veteran

Welcome Back Tanya! I didn't realize you had gone to Disney. How did I miss it???

AKV - since 2007 DIS Dad's Club Member #174
Me DW DS24 DS21 DS17
Link to 2011 AP Trips: Rides, Slides, Eats & Meets...It's an ANNUAL Pass after all!
Link to Dec 2010 Trip Report: Snow to 80 in 8 days–A spoonful of Holiday Cheer
Link to OKW Trip Report: OKW Trip Report
Old 08-17-2011, 09:16 AM   #699
FauntleroyFAN07
Commander of Donalds Crew Oh Boy, Oh Boy, Oh Boy

Location: Indiana, but still Bears, Cubs, and Bulls Country...Go Bulls

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom3sonstt View Post
I'm home!!!

that seemed fast...well to me anyway, hope the trip went nice and slow and you enjoyed every minute of it.

Brand Spanking NEW Art of Animation TR new 11-7

82-01 12 trips w/ parents FW~'06 Sept CBR 8 Nights(HoneyMoon)~'07 Sept AS Sports 9 Nights 1 Year Anv~~'08 6 night Christmas Trip to CSR~~'10 FW 12 nights~~'12 AoA 12 nights
Blessed by the Best
Old 08-17-2011, 05:44 PM   #700
jenb1023
DIS Veteran

Welcome back! Are you going to keep posting here or are you starting a new TR thread?

Apr 22-28, 2007 - WL, Jan 26-Feb 2, 2008 - AKL, Nov 15-23, 2008 - Pop,

Oct 30-Nov 3, 2009 Pop - me and DD, May 15-17, 21-23, 2010 - Universal/Poly
Jan 22-30, 2011 - POFQ, May 10-13, 2012 DCL on the Dream Sept 7-11, 2012 DD's surprise bday trip - BC
Old 08-18-2011, 05:04 PM   #701
mom3sonstt
DIS Veteran

Thanks everyone!! It was a great, but wet, trip.

Dan, it went by fast to me too!

Marv, I'm not sure how you missed it either....you must have been busy....

Jen, this has kind if become my TR catch-all, so, yeah I will do any reporting here.

Old 08-18-2011, 05:20 PM   #702
janabananas
DIS Veteran

I started reading your thread and subbed while you were gone. I look forward to reading about this trip!!
Old 08-19-2011, 07:31 PM   #703
mom3sonstt
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by janabananas View Post
I started reading your thread and subbed while you were gone. I look forward to reading about this trip!!
Welcome! At the rate I am going getting caught up on the TRs I follow - it will be a little while before I start in.... Plus I need to get hubby to load the pictures on my computer for me - or at least tell me which harddrive he has stored them on so I can upload them to Photobucket. But I am glad to have you here!

Old 08-24-2011, 09:24 PM   #704
mom3sonstt
DIS Veteran

Finally!!! I am current on all the threads I am following - even those people who went and started new threads while I was gone! I think.....I may have to start checking people's signatures to see if I am missing any. But for now I am caught up.

Still waiting for Danny to download all the pictures so I can see what I have to work with. I know there were lots taking on the safari - so be prepared for animal backsides - plus some animal backsides from my couple nights staying at AKL. Other than that I am not too sure what we have. It rained a lot on this trip so Danny didn't take the camera out too much, so it could be pretty skimpy as far as pictures go. I was hit and miss on getting food pictures, too so there won't be a complete "eat along with me" theme.

I haven't compared the answers that I tracked to what was submitted so I don't have a clue how anybody did. I even answered the questions myself ahead of time - and I know I missed quite a few! It will be interesting to see how many people did better than I did myself. The answers to the questions aren't in order of what we did, so I am not sure exactly how I am going to incorporate them in. I have a few more questions that came up during the trip that I will throw in....but probably not too many.

Old 08-24-2011, 09:49 PM   #705
mom3sonstt
DIS Veteran

On non-trip news....as my Facebook friends on here already saw - Monday was my 6 month anniversary for my kidney transplant! I am still so amazed at how much of a difference that one little organ can make.

On Tuesday I had an appointment with my surgeon. I only have to do labs once a month now! When I first came home it was twice a week, after a couple months or so it got lowered to once a week, then to every 2 weeks, now it's monthly.

We also talked about having my "original" kidneys removed. She explained that for some people whose kidneys just don't work she will leave them in. In my case, I have polycystic kidneys and they are many times the size of a normal kidney. Since they are so large they crowd everything else in there. I know when I was doing dialysis and had 2 liters of fluid in my abdomen along with extra big kidneys, I just felt like there was no room for anything else. I ate very little...I just didn't feel like I had room to put anything. If I knew we were going out for supper I wouldn't eat anything all day so I could enjoy the majority of my meal. Now I feel better, and eat more (which probably isn't a really good thing ) She said once she gets them out of there that a lot of her patients talk about how much better their digestion is and sometimes even their breathing - less shortness of breath.

I can't tell you how long my kidneys have been big, but I do know when I was pregnant (and my youngest is 18) that when I would go in for my doctor visits, when Doc was feeling my belly, when he would get over to my left side he would always feel around and asked me if I was...uh...constipated. Well, i wasn't, but evidently he was feeling my kidney somewhere where it shouldn't have been. I wasn't diagnosed until a couple years later.

But anyway, since this is a non-emergency she said we could just schedule it when it was convenient. We have some trips and things coming up, but figured a good time would either be the last week of September/first week of October. Or the week of the 14th of November. The sept/Oct dates would give me about 3-4 weeks before Danny goes out west for a week or so. He gets back Nov 5, and then the following week-end is the local college's play. Danny records them, and this year Mark will be involved in it. He is going to that school with a Talent Grant in theater, so if he isn't in it for some reason, he will be doing lights or sound or something. Once that is over we have nothing for the rest of the year except holidays.

She (my surgeon) is scheduled in the OR on Mondays, so she has me written in for Monday, Nov 14th. That will be 10 days before Thanksgiving. She said I will still be sore than, but that I should be healed enough to enjoy the holiday, but not to prepare the meal. That is totally ok with me because Mom does it all every year anyway....I was only ever offered "Jello" as an item to bring and that was with a "if you think you need to bring something". So I decided that I didn't think I needed to bring anything and just let her do it all. It gives her something to complain about - and that is when she is happiest so it is a win-win.

I am looking forward to getting them out. It should be about a 4 day hospital stay and recovery time should be less than my transplant (only because I had that 2nd surgery the following week). We will get it done in this calendar year when the co-pays and out of pockets have all been met. Then I can start 2012 healed up and with (mostly) working parts!

And just a little bit of trip news......while I was typing this up Danny came in and got my phone to download the pictures off of it - hopefully that means he is getting everything downloaded in one place so I can get to it!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: