Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-17-2010, 03:08 PM   #136
mom3sonstt
DIS Veteran

cont. (begins on previous page)

Some more feathered friends...

or maybe not so feathered....

Oh look - he's in...

Oh – there were other people there too that day

and I’m embarrassed to say we brought a few more of these home with us again this trip

of the animal Vinylmations - we brought home the gorilla....upper right corner . He is joined by about 40 other Mickey shaped chunks of plastic adorning our "Disney wall" in the living room .

cont.

Organ Donors Save Lives www.lifegoeson.com RIP Bret 10-10-62 to 11-26-08
Thank you to the family who cared enough to share! (Kidney recipient 2/22/11)

Last edited by mom3sonstt; 12-17-2010 at 03:14 PM.
Old 12-17-2010, 03:12 PM   #137
mom3sonstt
DIS Veteran

cont.

and even more feathered friends.....

I skipped the pictures of the fish – they never seem to turn out very well

But here’s some more birds

This guy must have been after something - Danny has a few pics of him splashing around...

Not a bird – but appears to be hanging out with them….

and the final picture of that morning’s adventure….number 853, taken at 1:47 PM, a mere 4 hours and 39 minutes after picture number 1 is

From here he took a bus back to the Boardwalk. Not sure how long that took, probably awhile. I didn’t get back to the room until 3 or so, and I don’t think he had been there too long.

Next up will be our evening plans. How many pictures will we take when we are together????

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-17-2010, 03:15 PM   #138
FauntleroyFAN07
Commander of Donalds Crew Oh Boy, Oh Boy, Oh Boy

Location: Indiana, but still Bears, Cubs, and Bulls Country...Go Bulls

u have 40 of those, holy cow.

that is alot....do you care to take apicture of all of them, that would be pretty neat.

Brand Spanking NEW Art of Animation TR new 11-7

82-01 12 trips w/ parents FW~'06 Sept CBR 8 Nights(HoneyMoon)~'07 Sept AS Sports 9 Nights 1 Year Anv~~'08 6 night Christmas Trip to CSR~~'10 FW 12 nights~~'12 AoA 12 nights
Blessed by the Best
Old 12-17-2010, 03:51 PM   #139
mom3sonstt
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by vamassey1 View Post
Wow Danny got some great pictures. Looks like that new lense was worth it.

I'm sorry you lost your ring. If your luck holds out maybe it will show back up. You may have a history of losing rings but you also have a history of finding them.
He is very happy with his lens. Now he just needs to follow up on the other half of the deal and sell the one he had to begin with....

Quote:
Originally Posted by FauntleroyFAN07 View Post
u have 40 of those, holy cow.

that is alot....do you care to take apicture of all of them, that would be pretty neat.

ask and you shall receive..... the vinylmations are scattered among all the other Disney doodads

This is the back wall of my living room....

(and yes, that is a bust of John Kennedy on my "Disney wall" - we decided since he was in the Hall of Presidents and in the American Adventure, that he wasn't out of place back there....)

It looks like the final count is actually 34....plus 2 more in my sons room - he has the baseball and the golf ones....and if we want to get picky I have a mini one on a keychain on my Disney-purse, and Mark's sports ones came with mini ones too...so that brings the total to 39.

and if you don't look at all the cobwebs up there this is the top of the wall between our living room and kitchen. The ceiling follows the roofline so it is at a slant - this wall I have to climb on the couch to get all of the mugs up there. I think this collection has been completed now that they no longer have this size mugs available anymore.

Last edited by mom3sonstt; 12-17-2010 at 04:02 PM.
Old 12-18-2010, 01:00 AM   #140
Lifelong_Dreamer
DIS Veteran

All caught up! I don't envy the start of your vacation but I am glad that things improved from there!

Those shots from AK were fantastic!

The photo sorting system you guys use sounds much like ours. Erich brings his laptop and we plug in all three cameras every night. Each day gets its own folder with subfolders for each camera and then within those subfolders are more subfolders for videos. I think among the whole family we probably take as many pictures as your DH.
Old 12-18-2010, 02:15 PM   #141
mom3sonstt
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lifelong_Dreamer View Post
All caught up! I don't envy the start of your vacation but I am glad that things improved from there!

Those shots from AK were fantastic!

The photo sorting system you guys use sounds much like ours. Erich brings his laptop and we plug in all three cameras every night. Each day gets its own folder with subfolders for each camera and then within those subfolders are more subfolders for videos. I think among the whole family we probably take as many pictures as your DH.
Thanks! DH was pretty proud of his pics. I had fun looking through them because he took soooo many that if you flipped through them fast enough it was almost like a video. Especially the one with the cheetah - he had one with his tongue out, and another just like it without - I entertained myself by going back and forth making the cheetah lick his lips

If I had taken the time I could have probably found better pics - but I was just looking at the thumbnail size ones on photobucket.

After this first day the quantity of pics drops off

Old 12-18-2010, 05:25 PM   #142
All7OfUs
We too are so very NOT into traipsing through the dark when a bucket will do just great
What a fun way to meet new folks and say howdy

There are very few of whom I'd say take truly stand out, amazing pictures around Disney. You my dear, are one of them. Right up there with Lifelong Dreamer, MEK, and CircusGirl . Kudos to a job well done with the camera!

Old 12-18-2010, 09:06 PM   #143
mom3sonstt
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by All7OfUs View Post
There are very few of whom I'd say take truly stand out, amazing pictures around Disney. You my dear, are one of them. Right up there with Lifelong Dreamer, MEK, and CircusGirl . Kudos to a job well done with the camera!
Thank you....but really...all those AK pics were all Danny. Now if you're talking about the doofus standing in front of me at the Jammin' chefs....well that's all me.

Old 12-18-2010, 09:12 PM   #144
Lifelong_Dreamer
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by All7OfUs View Post
Not my thread, but thanks for the compliment! I'm going to be making my way over to your TR in the next few days, just have one last exam to write on Monday and then I am done for the semester!

Sorry for the hijack!
Old 12-19-2010, 01:26 PM   #145
englishrose47
DIS Veteran

Hi Tanya !!Grest pix of AK !!!! I love your not a TR!!!!
[/B][/URL]
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3051652Where will Rosie Roam in 2013
[
[http://www.disboards.com/showthread....2#post50321302 Rosie Roamings in 2014
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3212398 Belly Dancing and Bus Mojo The Grannie Trip

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3278536 Let's Meet in the Dump Shop
Old 12-19-2010, 02:43 PM   #146
mom3sonstt
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by englishrose47 View Post
Hi Tanya !!Grest pix of AK !!!! I love your not a TR!!!!
Thanks Rosie - and When I get this quickie November trip wrapped up....even though it's barely started.....I will have to get back to our family trip in June. I think those boys have been stuck in the backseat looking for their DVDs long enough.

Old 12-20-2010, 01:28 PM   #147
FauntleroyFAN07

wow what a collection, the mug collection is cool as well, the other thing that stinks now is the mugs are all the same no matter what resort you stay in, makes getting drinks at other resorts easier, but stinks that they are not specific...as we liked our resort specific mugs as well.

your collection of the mickeys is kinda like ours of the pins, we have about 200 different ones we have collected over the last few trips.

82-01 12 trips w/ parents FW~'06 Sept CBR 8 Nights(HoneyMoon)~'07 Sept AS Sports 9 Nights 1 Year Anv~~'08 6 night Christmas Trip to CSR~~'10 FW 12 nights~~'12 AoA 12 nights
Blessed by the Best
Old 12-20-2010, 03:36 PM   #148
mom3sonstt
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by FauntleroyFAN07 View Post
wow what a collection, the mug collection is cool as well, the other thing that stinks now is the mugs are all the same no matter what resort you stay in, makes getting drinks at other resorts easier, but stinks that they are not specific...as we liked our resort specific mugs as well.

your collection of the mickeys is kinda like ours of the pins, we have about 200 different ones we have collected over the last few trips.
yeah - Disney is losing money on our mug purchases now that they have generic mugs. He used to look at all the drink carts to see if they had a different mug. We usually wound up bringing home one from each park, the resort we were at, and maybe a water park. And if we should be there when the seasons were changing (and the mug design) then we wound up with more than one from a single place.

Evidently Danny is more interested in Disney plastic than he is Disney metal - he did mugs, never got interested in the pins, but now he is in to the vinylmations. We do have a few pins - but not what you'd really call a collection. Sean had a lanyard, and a pin from each park, plus a few others. The other boys never wanted, or got any, and Danny has a few - mostly if he bought a new ball cap, he might buy a pin to go on it too.

Old 12-21-2010, 11:54 AM   #149
FauntleroyFAN07

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom3sonstt View Post
yeah - Disney is losing money on our mug purchases now that they have generic mugs. He used to look at all the drink carts to see if they had a different mug. We usually wound up bringing home one from each park, the resort we were at, and maybe a water park. And if we should be there when the seasons were changing (and the mug design) then we wound up with more than one from a single place.

Evidently Danny is more interested in Disney plastic than he is Disney metal - he did mugs, never got interested in the pins, but now he is in to the vinylmations. We do have a few pins - but not what you'd really call a collection. Sean had a lanyard, and a pin from each park, plus a few others. The other boys never wanted, or got any, and Danny has a few - mostly if he bought a new ball cap, he might buy a pin to go on it too.
yeah i can see how it would be cheaper for them to print only one design, but it was still cool to see all the different ones.

as far as the pins, we buy all of them online then take em there to trade, keeps the cost down, cant afford the 7+ price there per pin.

Blessed by the Best
Old 12-24-2010, 07:29 PM   #150
mom3sonstt
DIS Veteran

Merry Christmas to all my DIS friends!

We are getting more snow than expected (I thought I cancelled my order for snow - but too many people must have been wishing for a white Christmas and I got vetoed. ) So if wherever you are, you are getting hit by Old Man Winter - be careful out there!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: