Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-16-2010, 09:32 PM   #1
heatherwit
Earning My Ears

few Questions

Hubby and I have a WDW vacation booked to celebrate our 8 year anniversary very excited!

At first we went to a travel agency and booked November 29th-Dec 8th at the Caribbean Beach resort includes park hopper tickets and DDP. The total price on the package was $3,200 with out airfare.

Last month I was chatting with a friend and her suggestion was to book a package directly with Disney. We called Disney and they quoted us for Room at the same resort, park hopper ticket plus Deluxe Dinning for $2,600 that’s $600 off from the original amount plus a upgraded Dinning plan. We went ahead and booked though Disney and got our $200 back from the Travel agency. I also booked our ressies including a Candlelight processional package a Disney rep suggesting that I book ASAP.

Here is a few questions and concerns?

1. How are the Crowds during this time of the year Nov 29th-Dec 9th?

2. Is $2,600 a good deal at the Caribbean Beach Resort with park hopper and deluxe dinning plan.

3. We booked our ressies and still have 6 meal credits each any suggestions?

4. four years ago was the last time we vacationed at WDW during our anniversary “same time frame“, we stayed at the New Orleans resort and had a horrible vacation due to a Youth Football and cheerleading tournament. Husband still grumbles about that vacation, is there a way to find out if large groups of school kids are staying at a particular resort.
We avoided the value resorts for a reason such as that and where surprised with these misbehaved school groups and Thug chaperones over running that resort.

Thanks for your help in advance
heatherwit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2010, 10:06 PM   #2
princssdisnygina
Disney Princess

Quote:
Originally Posted by heatherwit View Post
Hubby and I have a WDW vacation booked to celebrate our 8 year anniversary very excited!

At first we went to a travel agency and booked November 29th-Dec 8th at the Caribbean Beach resort includes park hopper tickets and DDP. The total price on the package was $3,200 with out airfare.

Last month I was chatting with a friend and her suggestion was to book a package directly with Disney. We called Disney and they quoted us for Room at the same resort, park hopper ticket plus Deluxe Dinning for $2,600 that’s $600 off from the original amount plus a upgraded Dinning plan. We went ahead and booked though Disney and got our $200 back from the Travel agency. I also booked our ressies including a Candlelight processional package a Disney rep suggesting that I book ASAP.

Here is a few questions and concerns?

1. How are the Crowds during this time of the year Nov 29th-Dec 9th?

2. Is $2,600 a good deal at the Caribbean Beach Resort with park hopper and deluxe dinning plan.

3. We booked our ressies and still have 6 meal credits each any suggestions?

4. four years ago was the last time we vacationed at WDW during our anniversary “same time frame“, we stayed at the New Orleans resort and had a horrible vacation due to a Youth Football and cheerleading tournament. Husband still grumbles about that vacation, is there a way to find out if large groups of school kids are staying at a particular resort.
We avoided the value resorts for a reason such as that and where surprised with these misbehaved school groups and Thug chaperones over running that resort.

Thanks for your help in advance
1. Crowds are great this time of year! We typically go this week because you get the holiday decorations and less crowds! It is considered a low season week.

2. Yes, you got a great deal for 10 days! It is basically $130 pp per day for everything! That is awesome!

3. Restaurants? Wow... you will get so many answers for this. Depends on what you want and what you have already. Here are a few of our favs:
EPCOT - Les Chefs de France (Great Filet and onion soup)
Hollywood Studios - 50's Prime Time Cafe (great 50's atmosphere)
Contemporary - Chef Mickeys (fab 5 character dinner or breakfast - buffet)
Hoop Dee Doo - Fort Wilderness - Dinner show - takes 2 table services
Animal Kingdom - Tusker House - Donalds Character Bfst - YUMMY!

4. I believe POP Warner is there this time of year but they typically stay at the All Star resorts. You won't notice them much in the parks.

You may want to get tickets to Mickeys Very Merry Christmas Party!! Don't know if you have ever done it but it is a great time if you enjoy the holidays! They do some special things for the partys that they don't do during a normal day. We go every year!

You will have a great time!
princssdisnygina is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-16-2010, 10:33 PM   #3
Karalynn
Mouseketeer

Welcome to the Dis, and Happy Anniversary!! We looked into going the week after Thanksgiving and heard it was a good week since it is between the Thanksgiving and Xmas crowds. Yay! Have fun!! My suggestions for your xtra dining credits are to try and get a couple ADRs at the nicer restaurants that use 2 credits, I think there are a couple character breakfasts that use 2 credits also. Someone else may chime in on that, but you can always look on the Disney site for that.
This was copied from the Pop Warner Website....
The 2010 Pop Warner Super Bowl and National Cheer & Dance Championships will take place from Saturday, December 4th through Saturday, December 11th at Disney’s Wide World of Sports™ Complex.
I do think you will be 'safe' at the CBR! From what I've read here they usually stay at the values. Good luck, and try not to let that bum you out! My suggestion would be if it gets to the point that you feel your vacation is being ruined by unchaperoned, out of control teenagers then you should speak with the resort manager and ask if you can move to another similar priced resort that is quieter and under control.

DS12 DD10 DH ME!!

Dixie Landings 9/94 & 9/97
Villas at Wilderness Lodge 1/06 1st trip with the kids!!!!!
Beach Club 1/11
Karalynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2010, 10:42 PM   #4
spiceycat
Own at BWV, VWL and BLT
It happens every night on the Bay Lake side

would avoid MK that first weekend - they generally film the Christmas show that first weekend.

it is to be avoided. you really don't want to be in it. You have to agree not to leave the park during filming.

spiceycat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2010, 11:10 PM   #5
skipperkim
DIS Veteran

They had Pop Warner kids at POFQ? That's very odd as it's the smallest resort on property. Are you sure it wasn't POR? I have heard of that and also heard they do put them at CBR as well. In other words, the larger resorts. Normally though they do tend to stay at values. So did your DH have problems with boys or was it the cheerleaders? My only issue has been the .
May 2005 - Cont
Oct 2005 - POFQ
Sept 2006 - POFQ
Dec 2008 - CSR
skipperkim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2010, 06:17 AM   #6
aubriee
Chocolate always makes things better

Quote:
Originally Posted by skipperkim View Post
They had Pop Warner kids at POFQ? That's very odd as it's the smallest resort on property. Are you sure it wasn't POR? I have heard of that and also heard they do put them at CBR as well. In other words, the larger resorts. Normally though they do tend to stay at values. So did your DH have problems with boys or was it the cheerleaders? My only issue has been the .
The Pop Warner kids usually stay at the All Star and PORS with the overflow going to POFQ. Believe me, we were at POFQ with them once and they were HORRIBLE. I would never stay at either of the PO resorts during that time. We seldom noticed them in the parks though, because they were in competition all day. I agree it's the screaming, rude cheerleaders that are the biggest problem. I know a year or so ago there were a couple of football teams fighting in the food court at one of the All Stars and both teams were kicked out of WDW with their families in the middle of the night, but we never had a problem with the boys (just the obnoxious, rude, screaming, pushing girls and their drunk parents).

To OP: I think your questions have already been answered, so welcome to the DIS and have a great trip! If your trip to POFQ was four years ago, that's the exact same week we were down there and you are right, the Pop Warner kids were Holy Terrors that week at POFQ. I remember there were long lines of people at guest services complaining about them. The CMs all agreed the kids were totally out of control, as were the parents and chaperones, but we were all told that basically there was nothing they could do. It was a week I'd never want to repeat. That used to be my favorite week to go because of the weather and low crowds, but I haven't been back that first full week in Dec since, because of those brats. However, this year, I have no choice due to coworkers work schedules, so will be down there the same time (Dec 4th-12th). I love both PO resorts, but due to Pop Warner will be doing a split stay at CSR and YC, to avoid them as much as possible.

Last edited by aubriee; 09-17-2010 at 06:34 AM.
aubriee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2010, 07:28 AM   #7
Missytara
I'm all ears!

Quote:
Originally Posted by skipperkim View Post
It is POR, but the overflow is at POFQ some years.
Old 09-17-2010, 07:28 AM   #8
trac96
DIS Veteran

funny how we all have our different stories. we stayed at the all star music last december with the cheerleaders and NEVER had any trouble with them. heard no screaming or fighting at all. they would cheer on occasion while waiting for the bus but it really wasn't hurting anyone. the only thing we notices was how busy the food court was in the am and at dinner time. as for the park we basically never saw them. we was there once in november as well with the football players and we were at the boardwalk on that visit so we never saw them there but we did notice more of them in the park. they traveled in bigger packs and were more lively than the cheerleaders. but we really never had trouble with either.
trac96 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: