Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-29-2010, 12:49 PM   #46
DisneyMomma81
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlameGirl View Post
Feel free to come say hi if you see us wandering around!

Have you tried the Youtube video thing? That really took the teeth out of some of the rides Natalie wasn't too sure about - once she could see that it wasn't really very scary, she was totally up for it.

Nope haven't tried youtube yet ~ but you know what - we visited WDW last Oct. and rode Dinosaur *very similar - just different, scarier I think - I closed my eyes the entire time! She rode that one fine
DisneyMomma81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2010, 12:59 PM   #47
FlameGirl
I kind of wonder if it is because of a certain expectation
I'd say go for it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyMomma81 View Post
Nope haven't tried youtube yet ~ but you know what - we visited WDW last Oct. and rode Dinosaur *very similar - just different, scarier I think - I closed my eyes the entire time! She rode that one fine
Oh, that is so funny. I wonder if there was one thing in particular on Indy that scared her and left a lasting impression? I know Natalie notices some details that I don't and has a memory like an elephant.

I hope she goes on it again....you never know...a year can make all the difference!
FlameGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-30-2010, 10:08 AM   #48
FlameGirl
I'd say go for it!

Wow. Calling Disney Dining right when they open makes all the difference in the world as far as hold times...two days in a row now I've gotten someone immediately as opposed to waiting on hold for 20 minutes. Nice.

Anyway...Monday Nov. 29th: Goofy's Kitchen for breakfast, and Cafe Orleans for dinner.
Old 09-30-2010, 10:30 AM   #49
Goofy_Mom
Disney Princess

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyMomma81 View Post
Great TRs ~ I'm sure you'll have a fabulous time during your upcoming visit *we'll share some of your days ~ it's just a quick trip for us, we'll be in the parks Turkey day, Fri & Sat.

DD's 1st Indy experience was this past July *she was finally tall enough* well once was enough for her . I'll have to see if I can talk her into it in Nov. ~ DS will be with us so she can sit in the middle
Turkey day is our second day in the parks Hopefully I'll have our LGMH on
Old 09-30-2010, 11:28 AM   #50
FlameGirl
I'd say go for it!

Looks like the calendar has been updated through Thursday the 25th...the day we arrive. Open until midnight. Hmm....the kid and I may try to get in a ride or two that night after all, depending on crowds...
Old 10-07-2010, 10:12 AM   #51
FlameGirl
I'd say go for it!

We leave 7 weeks from today. Woohoo! 49 days! In other news, I can't believe the end of 2010 is approaching. Where has the time gone?

All our dinner ressies are made and the only thing left to do is make our ressies for Fantasmic. It will be here before we know it.
Old 10-16-2010, 12:00 PM   #52
FlameGirl
I'd say go for it!

40 days! OMG!

It's really starting to sink in now...all dining ressies are made, I ordered a Disney Gift Card yesterday (more on that) and I'm starting to dump money into savings like nobody's business. My hope is to have enough $$ when we leave so that we don't even have to think twice about spending money on this or that...we can just go and enjoy ourselves and I don't have to spend my time making a running tally of how much we've spent.

As for the Disney Gift Card...it sounds like an excellent idea in theory (which is why I ordered it) but the more I think about it, the more nervous it makes me. I know it's accepted everywhere inside the park, but we will be eating at a lot of restaurants in DTD so I'll still need the debit card. Also...I don't want to load too much onto the card because if I understand correctly, you can't redeem anything you've loaded onto the card back for cash...right? If anyone has used a gift card in place of cash or debit cards on their trip, please chime in and let me know your strategy.

Thanks!
Old 11-01-2010, 11:36 AM   #53
FlameGirl
I'd say go for it!

24 Days! Getting super close!

We have had a slight change of plans...we are no longer going to do the WoC Ariel's Grotto dinner. We decided that we aren't the kind of people that can abide paying for an expensive meal to see WoC, and then waiting in line for another 2 hours to find a spot, so we've scrapped it altogether.

The bright side is, we have decided to have dinner that night at Napa Rose instead! I'm SO excited, we've never been and I've always wanted to go.

So we are getting super excited around here and we will be on our way before we know it. Natalie mentioned this morning that she fully realizes that it will be here and gone before we know it, too. Bittersweet.
Old 11-23-2010, 08:31 PM   #54
FlameGirl
I'd say go for it!

With only 1-1/2 days to go until we leave, Seattle's been hit with some super nasty weather which has created about 1,000 different logistical problems for us.

First off, Natalie was at my parents house for a few days which is across the Puget Sound. Got a call from my dad telling me he had no idea how he was going to get her back to us with all the snowfall, and no end in sight. It finally let up enough today for him to drive her to the ferry...I only had to walk 2-1/2 miles in the snow and ice to go pick her up (we still can't get our car out of the driveway).

Wednesday morning, we were supposed to drive 1-1/2 hours north to Bellingham to take our flight (got a super cheap deal through a little airlines instead of SeaTac which we would normally do) and now, the forecast is for another below freezing day tomorrow and more snow beginning tomorrow evening. Which means our car is useless and now we have to find another way to Bellingham. Great.

I spent a while calling every rental car agency in the city looking for a 4-wheel drive, with no luck. Super.

Finally we figured out that Amtrak goes from Seattle > Bellingham for about $75 for the three of us...the only problem is that it leaves at 7:40 TOMORROW MORNING. So, we lose an entire day to finish up last-minute stuff.

Welcome to my meltdown...
Old 11-24-2010, 03:58 PM   #55
skiingfast
Has had no bacon
Skiing fast to chocolate
But, will he succeed?

Kathy just remember things can only get better!
skiingfast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2010, 05:29 PM   #56
FlameGirl
I'd say go for it!

I hope you're right!

We made it to the hotel in Bellingham and despite the taxi almost careening into several cars due to icy streets, the train ride was uneventful (praise the heavens) and actually quite pleasant.

We will be landing in Long Beach this time tomorrow, barring another catastrophe (knock wood).

I already miss my dog, though.
Old 11-24-2010, 08:25 PM   #57
PrincessKell
Disney Princess Wanna be
Ok I did it! I actually got around to sewing!

I have just spend the last few hours reading and gazing over your TR. I love it. My dd is 8 and sounds like yours with face stuff and not wanting the noses. I have to say our first stop when we go to either park is the first aid to grab free ear plugs for the "just in case" moments like that. And she loves POTC, I loose track of how many times we go each time.

We might be going in March for Cheer Nationals competition. Her birthday is a month before so if they make it we will turn the weekend into a five day trip.

I love DL at holiday time. Two years ago we were there for Thanksgiving and had the best time ever. I look forward to your TR when you return! Have fun!!
Old 11-24-2010, 08:29 PM   #58
FlameGirl
I'd say go for it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessKell View Post
I have just spend the last few hours reading and gazing over your TR. I love it. My dd is 8 and sounds like yours with face stuff and not wanting the noses. I have to say our first stop when we go to either park is the first aid to grab free ear plugs for the "just in case" moments like that. And she loves POTC, I loose track of how many times we go each time.

We might be going in March for Cheer Nationals competition. Her birthday is a month before so if they make it we will turn the weekend into a five day trip.

I love DL at holiday time. Two years ago we were there for Thanksgiving and had the best time ever. I look forward to your TR when you return! Have fun!!
That's so nice of you to say...thank you! And welcome!

I wish I could post photos while we are here (well, there technically) but I just have my camera an iPhone....no laptop. Oh well. I hope to do some interim updates.

I hope you can go in March!
Old 11-24-2010, 09:22 PM   #59
PrincessKell
Disney Princess Wanna be
Ok I did it! I actually got around to sewing!

Me too! I actually just got off the phone with my mom, who lives in SoCal. I asked her if we skipped any gifts for Christmas if we my dd and myself could take the train down for a week and get a 2 day hopper pass and spend a few days with her and a few at the parks, she said she would look into it!!! SO we might get to go sooner than expected. Heck, both times would be great. Until then, I read and drool. haha
Old 11-25-2010, 10:22 AM   #60
FlameGirl
I'd say go for it!

I love it! Here's to hoping!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: