Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Global Neighbours > UK Trip Reports Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-14-2010, 07:28 AM   #1
Pinky166
a little on the OCD side
very impulsive, which doesn’t bode well for our credit cards!
They don't call me "Clever Claire" for nothing!

Watch Out Orlando, Here Come the Girls!!! Day 10

Cast:

Me: Claire (a.k.a Pinky166) 30 something. Loves all things Disney; shopping; sipping cocktails & spending lots of $$$'s...

Her: Karen (a.k.a CustardTart) 40 something. Loves all things Disney; shopping; sipping cocktails & spending lots of $$$'s...

Monday 14th June 2010

Day 10: Say Aloha, Wave Goodbye!!!

I woke about 8am, showered & packed the rest of my stuff. I was up early too and regretfully folded away my bed for the last time. I called bell services to collect my Owners Locker and they arrived within ten minutes… After several trips to load all our luggage in to the Beast (good job we booked an SUV) we said a sad farewell to our room & Bay Lake Towers. LOVED that room...

We drove over to the Polynesian:

Checked in for our breakfast with my beloved Stitch! I was really looking forward to meeting Stitch at long last, Lee doesn’t do characters, so I was excited about all the character meals but this one especially. It's a great one and well worth being excited about IMO - glad we saved it till last...

We were given Lei’s and had our photo taken, then we walked across to the shop to look at the pins whilst waiting for our pager to go off:

It soon started buzzing and we were seated, our server came straight over with Birthday cards & badges with our names on. I think you could say we REALLY milked this birthday thing for all it was worth!!!

I gave Karen a Happy Birthday pin that I’d just bought in the shop which she pinned on to her card…. And I took it to Barbados with me for when it actually was my birthday...

Our server bought out some bread, a fruit platter, fruit juice, tea & coffee:

Then the hot breakfast platter shortly followed by some yummy Mickey waffles….. [COLOR="DarkOrchid"Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
[/COLOR]

During breakfast we had fun with Mickey, Pluto, Lilo & of course Stitch:

Continued below...........

Sept 2000 - I-Drive, Sept 2002 - Kissimmee, Sept 2003 - AKL, Sept/Oct 2006 - Univ PBR, June 2008 - DLRP, Hotel NY, Dec 2008 - Univ HRH, WL & YC, Sept 2009 - OKW, 4n Wonder & Poly, June 2010 - BLT, Nov 2010 - DLRP, Sequoia Lodge, Jan 2011 - Univ RPR, Dream Maiden Voyage & AKV, Sept 2011 - 14n WBTA & BLT, Oct 2012 - Paris & DLRP, June 2013 - 7n Med Cruise, Oct 2013 - Univ RPR, SSR, & Fantasy, May 2014 - 12n EBTA, Sept 2014 - 14n WBTA, May 2015 - 15n EBTA, Sept 2015 - West Coast Road trip & Disneyland
Pinky166 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2010, 07:29 AM   #2
Pinky166
a little on the OCD side

After we had finished eating our server bought out a cute Birthday Cupcake each….I really loved all the Birthday pixie dust we received throughout our whole trip. It was that great attention to detail that consistently blew us away - thanks Disney!!!

We paid the bill & had a look in Bou-Tiki where we made a few more last minute purchases before jumping back in the Beast. I drove over to Downtown Disney, now some of you may think I’m crazy (Karen did when I told her what I was planning ) but my hubby loves Earl of Sandwich so unbeknownst to him months ago I decided that if possible and time permitting on our way to the airport I would grab him one & bring it home with me*….so that’s exactly what I did, I ordered two of The Original 1762 - fresh roasted beef, cheddar and creamy horseradish sauce. (Although I got them without the horseradish sauce, then I tore the wrappers a little & let them cool down before wrapping them in a couple of carrier bags.) I also got myself a Hawaiian BBQ - ham, grilled chicken, Hawaiian BBQ sauce, Swiss cheese and pineapple, to take on the plane as I knew I wouldn’t be eating whatever delights they were offering, not if it was anything like the outbound flight. Now I'd just like to say that I WHOLLY approved of the latter suggestion and will be doing just that with my youngest son on our upcoming WDW trip - he NEVER eats plane food!!! And I guess there are crazier things than taking two EoS offerings on a long haul flight...

On the way back to the Beast we popped in to Basin & bought a few of the lovely soaps, then after quickly repacking the luggage with the extra purchases, and a quick stop off to refuel we soon arrived at the airport. I unloaded the car whilst Karen retrieved a couple of trolleys – blimey it was hard work steering that lot!!! OMG!!! You are not joking!!! Those 4 wheel cases are like difficult toddlers - all over the place!!!! No wonder Lee always has a strop at me on the way home with the bulging cases! We checked in & predictably my cases were all slightly over but thankfully I got away with it. I don't think I realised that!!!! Or maybe I chose to block it out...

There was a huge queue at security but it moved fairly fast and we were soon taking our last Monorail journey of the trip. We popped into the book shop, followed by a quick look in the Disney shop before making our way to the Delta Lounge, we made ourselves at home on a couple of comfy arm chairs with a few glasses of wine until we were eventually called to board our flight. I know the Delta Lounge isn't that popular but I really enjoy relaxing in there before a flight...

We took off on time, it was a pretty uneventful flight other than the toddler who refused to sleep and spent the entire flight running up and down the aisle….every time I dozed off she grabbed my arm or leg - I kid you not! In the meantime the parents got plenty of sleep. The parents were hopeless. Don't forget the persistent roaring she kept doing - even with the iPod on, it still penetrated and not once did they attempt to distract her. I don't they even had any toys for her to play with!!! Ah well...

Anyway eventually we landed at Gatwick, we had to wait forever for our luggage as it seems BA get the Club World luggage off last. We were both very excited to be seeing our hubbies, as we walked into the arrivals hall Richard was waiting at the barrier so Karen rushed over to see him. Sure did!!! It was fab to see him... I meanwhile couldn’t find Lee, I knew he was there as he had text me so I called him & then spotted him walking towards me with a beautiful bouquet of flowers I was VERY impressed by those flowers!!! I abandoned my luggage & ran over to him. With that we said our Hello’s to Richard/Lee, then Karen and I said our goodbyes before heading our separate ways. That was a sad moment - we'd spent so much time together over the past 10 days, it seemed strange to just walk away at the airport... It was very sad to say goodbye to you after such a fantastic holiday.

*I should add that Lee was thrilled with his Earl of Sandwich, he warmed them through in the oven as soon as we got home…..see Karen, I’m not crazy! I never doubted your sanity, hun - OK well, maybe just a little bit!!!

Well I’m afraid that is the end of our wonderful trip, it was absolutely amazing from start to finish & I can’t wait to do it all again sometime soon….Bring on Here Come the Girls – Part Deux!!!

Thank you all for taking the time to read along & comment on our report.

OK here's the serious bit. I was supposed to write this final day but my life's been chaotic recently and Claire picked up the slack so I just want to say thank you, Claire - much appreciated, hun!!! Then it's taken me an age to add my comments and for that I want to apologise - sorry, Claire!!!
It really was no problem hun.

But mainly I want to say, bless you, Claire. You totally took onboard a crazy complete stranger's suggestion that, given our mutual love of dogs and shopping , we should holiday together - and for that, I am extremely grateful. We had SO much fun and a wonderful completely different holiday experience from the ones we share (and enjoy) with our delightful partners and families...
Awww I had the most amazing time, it was honestly my pleasure....and I now have such a dear friend for life.

So, dear readers, the next time a stranger suggests you both run away together, try it!!! You never know, you might like it!!! Until next time - There Go The Girls!!!

Sept 2000 - I-Drive, Sept 2002 - Kissimmee, Sept 2003 - AKL, Sept/Oct 2006 - Univ PBR, June 2008 - DLRP, Hotel NY, Dec 2008 - Univ HRH, WL & YC, Sept 2009 - OKW, 4n Wonder & Poly, June 2010 - BLT, Nov 2010 - DLRP, Sequoia Lodge, Jan 2011 - Univ RPR, Dream Maiden Voyage & AKV, Sept 2011 - 14n WBTA & BLT, Oct 2012 - Paris & DLRP, June 2013 - 7n Med Cruise, Oct 2013 - Univ RPR, SSR, & Fantasy, May 2014 - 12n EBTA, Sept 2014 - 14n WBTA, May 2015 - 15n EBTA, Sept 2015 - West Coast Road trip & Disneyland
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-14-2010, 12:58 PM   #3
CustardTart

I am sooo proud, happy, relieved and impressed - it's a great day...

Yay!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We're all up to date!!!!

I really enjoyed adding my bit today!!! Don't know why I've not got to it before as I'm sure remembering our lovely trip would have helped de-stress me... But never mind, it's here now...

Anyway, Clever Claire - was that a hint you gave with "Here Come the Girls – Part Deux!!!"???

PS: Forgot to add, Lee had parked near us at Gatwick. This is what he came to collect Claire in... Sayin' nothin'...

Grand Floridian Resort & Spa - Christmas 1998 * Dolphin/Vero Beach - Easter 2000 * Polynesian - August 2001 * Grand Floridian Resort & Spa - August 2004 * Beach Club/DCL Wonder - May 2005 * Grand Californian Hotel - NYE 2005 * Polynesian - August 2006 * DCL Magic Western Caribbean - September 2007 * Yacht Club - October 2007 * Saratoga Springs Resort & Spa - December 2007 * Villas at Wilderness Lodge/DCL Wonder Double Dip - May 2008 * DCL Magic Mexican Riviera/Disneyland Hotel - August 2008 * Boardwalk Villas - October 2008 * Animal Kingdom Villas/Hard Rock Hotel Club - Easter 2009 * Bay Lake Tower/DCL Magic Eastern Caribbean & Tortola/Villas at Wilderness Lodge - September 2009 * Bay Lake Tower - June 2010 * DCL Magic Westbound Transatlantic - September 2010 * Old Key West - October 2010 * Sequoia Lodge/Paris - November 2010 * Boardwalk Villas/DCL Dream Inaugural Cruise - January 2011 * Saratoga Springs Resort & Spa/Villas at Wilderness Lodge - November 2011 * Boardwalk Villas - July 2012 * Animal Kingdom Villas/DCL Fantasy Western Caribbean - November 2012 * Boardwalk Villas/Bay Lake Tower - January 2014...
CustardTart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2010, 01:13 PM   #4
mandymouse
If It's Not A Bahama Mama Then I'm Not Interested
Can I put my Christmas Tree up yet ?

DISboards Moderator

Finally !! the last part !! and what a great day. Claire, I see you've got the same Minnie necklace as me and what a great time you both had at O'Hana (I'm not sure if you know, but I love Stitch )

I really hope there's a Part Deux, any plans as yet ?

Thanks for sharing your fab report, it was lovely to meet you both out there and to also share in your antics while you relived it in your trip reports ~ it's been a fun read

mandymouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2010, 01:22 PM   #5
Pinky166
a little on the OCD side

Quote:
Originally Posted by CustardTart View Post
Anyway, Clever Claire - was that a hint you gave with "Here Come the Girls – Part Deux!!!"???
Maybe.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CustardTart View Post
PS: Forgot to add, Lee had parked near us at Gatwick. This is what he came to collect Claire in... Sayin' nothin'...

Cheeky mare!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mandymouse View Post
Finally !! the last part !! and what a great day. Claire, I see you've got the same Minnie necklace as me and what a great time you both had at O'Hana (I'm not sure if you know, but I love Stitch )

I really hope there's a Part Deux, any plans as yet ?

Thanks for sharing your fab report, it was lovely to meet you both out there and to also share in your antics while you relived it in your trip reports ~ it's been a fun read
Thanks Mandy, I've really enjoyed reliving the trip.

It's such a cute necklace I love it.

As for "Part Deux" (<-----big clue there) - my lips are sealed.

Old 09-14-2010, 02:29 PM   #6
jamjar84
DIS Veteran

What a shame that your trippie is at an end, I've really enjoyed reading it, and it sounds like you had a blast.

Can't wait for the next installment, part deux.
jamjar84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2010, 02:41 PM   #7
wickesy
Tomorrow, tomorrow, I love you tomorrow, you're always a day...closer to our next Disney trip
I will be opening a sack full of cards and fighting off the advances of lots of lovely ladies

Loved reading your reports, thanks for sharing and Karen, when we finally get round to staying at BLT I'm coming to you for tips on the best rooms to ask for so I can get something like the one you had.

I currently live in London until I have enough DVC points to stay at Animal Kingdom Villas every day of the year

Sep '92, Apr '07 - Contemporary Resort ~ Apr '08 - Animal Kingdom Lodge ~ Aug '08 - Grand Californian ~ Mar '09 - Saratoga Springs ~ Mar '10 - DLP ~ Jun '10 - Inaugural Baltic Cruise
Trip Reports: WDW April '07 ~ Canada August '07 ~ WDW April '08 ~ SF & Disneyland August '08 ~ WDW March '09 ~ Smokies August '09 ~ DLP March '10 ~ Jun '10 - Inaugural Baltic Cruise
wickesy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2010, 02:50 PM   #8
Chilly
I was having a bit of a blonde moment
D'oh!
Married my prince at WDW

Glad you finished your report off. LOVE the idea of taking an EoS on the plane, might steal that idea!
Chilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2010, 03:09 PM   #9
Disneymad
DIS Veteran

Hurrah! I've been waiting patiently for the last installment, I've really enjoyed your trip report ladies
Disneymad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2010, 02:06 AM   #10
jjk

Pete and I wait and watch some lovely baby lizards
I have always booked myself
"Play Up Pompey"

really enjoyed your report, thanks for sharing

[/IMG]

2000 Disneyland paris 2003 Ramada inn 2004 Quality inn plaza2005 Cumbrian lakes2006 Emerald Island July and December2007 Emerald Island May and July2008 Emerald Island and Contemporary Resort2009 Saratoga Springs 2010 Animal Kingdom lodge2011HRH Animal KingdomLodge 2012Holiday inn Miami ocean front /Animal Kingdom lodge
jjk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2010, 03:22 AM   #11
PChef
Mouseketeer

Great stuff! Your sheer enjoyment just shines through!!!

Beach Club/HRH/Bella Piazza condo Oct 2010
HRH/OKW August 2014

PChef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2010, 04:52 AM   #12
Jets fan
DIS Veteran

What a lovely last day ladies. I was going to give Ohana's a miss but seeing this has made me make a ressie there for breakfast - seems silly not to really as we're staying there.

Glad you had a fab hols and thanks for sharing

Tina
Jets fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2010, 06:03 AM   #13
PJB71
DIS Veteran

Oh what a shame your TR has finished

I really enjoyed reading it, and thank you so much for sharing it

Can't wait for the next one
Old 09-15-2010, 06:35 AM   #14
UKANGEL
Champagne Girls Rule!

Sounds like a completely fab holiday! Thanks for letting us read all about it...here's to the next one!

WDW, DLP, and DCL cruising since 1996

UKANGEL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2010, 06:49 AM   #15
Tammy Stringer
I love babies - all milky and baby powdery
Do you knit, Barbara?
Up for the marquee option

Thanks so much for finishing girls - what a great report - I have really enjoyed reading it.

Having met you both for the first time at the Girly Meet I can see why you got on so well together - you both have a brilliant sense of humour and know how to have a good time.

Hope you get to plan a sequel so we have another great report to look forward to.

Tam
Tammy Stringer is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: