Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


 
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 09-21-2010, 06:32 PM   #106
tankgirl427
DIS Veteran
 
tankgirl427's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: MA
Posts: 1,220

Augh! You should have called or texted me this day, we spent the day in Epcot until after Illuminations when we headed for MK EMH and watched the end of Wishes from the end of Main St. then headed to Pecos Bill's. We could have hung out more!
__________________

"You held me down, but I got up, Get ready cause Iíve had enough."

PHM 2015-In Pursuit of Cupcakes While Running in Glass Slippers






Pre 2006 doesn't count, 2006: Dolphin, 2006: 16 hours of MK & EP, 2009: DL, 2010: PC with DDP, 2011: Off-site with friends & PC, 2012: AKL & BLT, POFQ, 2013: POP, POP, DL, POP
tankgirl427 is offline  
Old 09-21-2010, 07:19 PM   #107
annmarieda
DIS Veteran
 
annmarieda's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Washington State
Posts: 8,537

Quote:
Originally Posted by mefordis View Post
Great update! Thanks so much for finishing the day! That is hilarious that the hostess made you carry the bread! I was just there and they didn't ask us to do that so I have no idea what that was all about!
I agree...great update and..yup...no bread carrying here either!
annmarieda is offline  
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 09-21-2010, 07:24 PM   #108
Tracy161
DIS Veteran
 
Tracy161's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Upstate New York
Posts: 853

Great update! I could really go for some of that banana bread pudding right now!!! I'm glad that you were able to get back in good spirits with a little help from Epcot!
Tracy161 is offline  
Old 09-21-2010, 07:55 PM   #109
klacey1
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Connecticut
Posts: 4,810

Um, I'm thinking the bread thing is a little odd lol. Very weird. Glad Epcot got you guys into the Disney spirit, though!!
klacey1 is offline  
Old 09-21-2010, 09:22 PM   #110
Joyciemc
DIS Veteran
 
Joyciemc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Quincy, MA
Posts: 2,734

Quote:
Originally Posted by mefordis View Post
Great update! Thanks so much for finishing the day! That is hilarious that the hostess made you carry the bread! I was just there and they didn't ask us to do that so I have no idea what that was all about!
I just cracked up when I found out they don't make everyone carry the bread! She handed it to me and said 'I'll give you this to carry.' Then she offered to take our picture. So weird

Quote:
Originally Posted by tankgirl427 View Post
Augh! You should have called or texted me this day, we spent the day in Epcot until after Illuminations when we headed for MK EMH and watched the end of Wishes from the end of Main St. then headed to Pecos Bill's. We could have hung out more!
We were so close! I was mad that I didn't have my phone- I left in in the room just about every day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by annmarieda View Post
I agree...great update and..yup...no bread carrying here either!
That's the new funniest thing about our trip!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tracy161 View Post
Great update! I could really go for some of that banana bread pudding right now!!! I'm glad that you were able to get back in good spirits with a little help from Epcot!
Yep, the day ended well!

Quote:
Originally Posted by klacey1 View Post
Um, I'm thinking the bread thing is a little odd lol. Very weird. Glad Epcot got you guys into the Disney spirit, though!!
I am glad I have photographic evidence of the carrying of the bread! I might ask to carry it the next time we're at 'Ohana
Joyciemc is offline  
Old 09-22-2010, 03:27 AM   #111
Stefy
Fantasising of our next DCL & WDW Trip
 
Stefy's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: London
Posts: 4,497

Great update, you got quite a bit acomplished and some yummy snackage in between

Yikes about the crowds for EMH, I figured that around that time it would be dead, but at least you got a few rides in.

So yay or nay for Ohana? I must admit that the service and wait time isn't the greatest, but the food is pretty darn good.
Stefy is offline  
Old 09-22-2010, 08:34 AM   #112
JMat
Mouseketeer
 
JMat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Plymouth, MA
Posts: 294

I wish the O'Hana was a little better for you guys ... and im hoping your Poly karma turns around a little bit more during your stay

Ive never had to hold the bread for a photo either... maybe you got there and had a 'new' cousin? I dunno... crazy. And even though your photo was kinda blah, im glad you got to see Wishes!!
__________________
PTR: Magically Addicted to Pixie Dust Celebrating our first year of 'Happily Ever After'
TR: A Dream is a Wish my Visa Makes The Anniversary Report!
JMat is offline  
Old 09-22-2010, 01:29 PM   #113
heathers4um
DIS Veteran
 
heathers4um's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 773

Hi!

I followed you over from Jessica's (JMAT) post so I hope you dont mind the seni-stalking and the crash of your party! I spent all day yesterday and some of today reading your PTR and TR and I'm hooked!

I have never stayed at the Poly, although I do want to get to know the whole place! Their atmosphere and restaurants (and OK...the Dole Whips) have me starry eyed! And the music! We also have reservations at 'ohanas for our first meal when we go and I cant wait!

We are DVC'ers (brandy new ones) but before that my favorite place is AKL so in my head, not much could compare to that....waking up to having coffee on your balcony with the wild is amazing! But, alas, we arent AKV'ers, we are OKW'ers! What can I say - I love lush tropics and Jimmy Buffet too! And OKW has much larger balconies even though we will have to trade the zebras and giraffes for bunnies and squirrels.

I am praying and throwing pixie dust at the computer in hopes your dream Poly vaca turns its pineapply butt around!! You have come SO far to get here and I'm not willing to give up...er, I mean...*hangs head*




__________________

"While Eeyore frets ...and Piglet hesitates...and Rabbit calculates...and Owl pontificates...Pooh just is. "
heathers4um is offline  
Old 09-22-2010, 01:37 PM   #114
7mtina
Earning My Ears
 
7mtina's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Colorado
Posts: 17

"I am praying and throwing pixie dust at the computer in hopes your dream Poly vaca turns its pineapply butt around!!"


Best. Quote. Ever. So very awesome. Thanks for making my day heathers4um
7mtina is offline  
Old 09-22-2010, 04:50 PM   #115
oboedm
DIS Veteran
 
oboedm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: AZ
Posts: 815

I am finally here! It sounds like you had a bit of a rough start-- I am glad that Epcot brought the magic back! Can't wait to read more!
oboedm is offline  
Old 09-22-2010, 06:10 PM   #116
Joyciemc
DIS Veteran
 
Joyciemc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Quincy, MA
Posts: 2,734

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefy View Post
Great update, you got quite a bit acomplished and some yummy snackage in between

Yikes about the crowds for EMH, I figured that around that time it would be dead, but at least you got a few rides in.

So yay or nay for Ohana? I must admit that the service and wait time isn't the greatest, but the food is pretty darn good.
We still love 'Ohana! I still prefer the appetizers to the meat skewers, though! We'll be back next trip, I'm sure!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMat View Post
I wish the O'Hana was a little better for you guys ... and im hoping your Poly karma turns around a little bit more during your stay

Ive never had to hold the bread for a photo either... maybe you got there and had a 'new' cousin? I dunno... crazy. And even though your photo was kinda blah, im glad you got to see Wishes!!
Poly karma was a fickle thing for us this trip! All I can think is that the 'cousin' showing us to our table wasn't good at carrying stuff.

Quote:
Originally Posted by heathers4um View Post
Hi!

I followed you over from Jessica's (JMAT) post so I hope you dont mind the seni-stalking and the crash of your party! I spent all day yesterday and some of today reading your PTR and TR and I'm hooked!

I have never stayed at the Poly, although I do want to get to know the whole place! Their atmosphere and restaurants (and OK...the Dole Whips) have me starry eyed! And the music! We also have reservations at 'ohanas for our first meal when we go and I cant wait!

We are DVC'ers (brandy new ones) but before that my favorite place is AKL so in my head, not much could compare to that....waking up to having coffee on your balcony with the wild is amazing! But, alas, we arent AKV'ers, we are OKW'ers! What can I say - I love lush tropics and Jimmy Buffet too! And OKW has much larger balconies even though we will have to trade the zebras and giraffes for bunnies and squirrels.

I am praying and throwing pixie dust at the computer in hopes your dream Poly vaca turns its pineapply butt around!! You have come SO far to get here and I'm not willing to give up...er, I mean...*hangs head*
Hi, hi, hi! Very glad you joined us over here! And you even read the PTR? You deserve an award... maybe a framed copy of our Wishes pic?
HAHAHA! I wish I had you there to give the Poly a stern talking to!

I still love the Poly, but more for it's common areas. I'm sure we will visit again, just won't stay there!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7mtina View Post
"I am praying and throwing pixie dust at the computer in hopes your dream Poly vaca turns its pineapply butt around!!"


Best. Quote. Ever. So very awesome. Thanks for making my day heathers4um
Right? Too funny!

Quote:
Originally Posted by oboedm View Post
I am finally here! It sounds like you had a bit of a rough start-- I am glad that Epcot brought the magic back! Can't wait to read more!
Yay and welcome!
Epcot did the trick big time. It became our 'happy place' this trip.
Joyciemc is offline  
Old 09-22-2010, 06:12 PM   #117
Joyciemc
DIS Veteran
 
Joyciemc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Quincy, MA
Posts: 2,734

Wanted to quickly post that I will be house sitting without internet access starting tomorrow. I will try to write some, but no promises!
Please don't forget about me, even if it is a little while before I can post again!
Joyciemc is offline  
Old 09-22-2010, 06:28 PM   #118
tankgirl427
DIS Veteran
 
tankgirl427's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: MA
Posts: 1,220

Have fun house sitting. I'll try not to drive myself crazy for more of your trip!
__________________

"You held me down, but I got up, Get ready cause Iíve had enough."

PHM 2015-In Pursuit of Cupcakes While Running in Glass Slippers






Pre 2006 doesn't count, 2006: Dolphin, 2006: 16 hours of MK & EP, 2009: DL, 2010: PC with DDP, 2011: Off-site with friends & PC, 2012: AKL & BLT, POFQ, 2013: POP, POP, DL, POP
tankgirl427 is offline  
Old 09-22-2010, 08:35 PM   #119
JMat
Mouseketeer
 
JMat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Plymouth, MA
Posts: 294

Have fun, and dont get scared at any random creaks! Im always weird getting to know an empty house at first. Its probably because I jump and cry at Jafar....


Wuss
__________________
PTR: Magically Addicted to Pixie Dust Celebrating our first year of 'Happily Ever After'
TR: A Dream is a Wish my Visa Makes The Anniversary Report!
JMat is offline  
Old 09-22-2010, 09:19 PM   #120
SOUTHERNtinkerBELLE
DIS Veteran
 
SOUTHERNtinkerBELLE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 2,468

Wow! I can't believe how action-packed this day was! I also can't believe that your (first ) room at the Poly hadn't even been cleaned! I know we all sometimes set our expectations a little high for Disney hotels, but a clean room is something I would expect at any hotel! It disappoints me that they didn't upgrade you - especially since you were celebrating.
SOUTHERNtinkerBELLE is offline  
 



Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:56 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: