Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-16-2010, 08:02 PM   #286
TheThomsLuvDisney
DIS Veteran

Great update, I'm so sad your TR will soon be coming to an end! Sounds like you will be spending your last day at MK? That's how I like to end our trips!

Have you called the phone booths? Too funny, I might have to call one myself!

DCL Feb 2014 Fantasy Eastern~SSR
DCL Feb 2013 Fantasy Western~BLT
Aulani April 2012
DCL Feb 2011 Dream B2B~AKL
DCL Jan 2010 Magical Eastern~CBR
DCL Jan 2008 Magical Western~SSR
DCL Jan 2006 Magical Western~POP
DCL Jan 2005 Magical Eastern~WL
DCL Jan 1999 7 Day Land/Sea~POFQ
Old 11-16-2010, 09:36 PM   #287
Joyciemc
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefy View Post
Lol I love that pic of you sleeping sitting up, not an easy thing to do

Bless that family at TT, I can kinda get them thinking they were getting a whole car to themselves, but don't make a big deal out of it if you don't. Did you and Ben end up sitting together or ensconced in between that family?
I can't believe Ben took a picture of me sleeping!

They moved over, so Ben was in the front row end seat and I was in the rear. I just hope they saw the single rider line entrance at some point so they aren't still thinking I was a crazy person!

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhioDisneyLover View Post
Enjoyed your update. Glad to see that I'm not the only one that naps

I was giggling when I read about TT. How funny!
Sometimes ya just gotta sleep!

Quote:
Originally Posted by klacey1 View Post
LOL at the TT family! Don't know why they thought they would be the only ones in the car! Even so, I don't know why they wouldn't sit next to each other!
Oof, hearing about random strangers' tragedies couldn't have been fun! Kind of rivals the CM at CHH who spent 45 minutes talking to us about the crying statues he saw at the Vatican
They had a tornado story, and a few others. It was decidedly awkward.
Your CHH story sounds pretty uncomfortable, too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SOUTHERNtinkerBELLE View Post
Great update! I loved it!

I find the green side of MS to be pretty boring, too. I'm still too chicken to ride the orange side, though! The story of the family on TT was too funny! Did they at least move over so you could sit down, or did you have to sit in the middle?

I can't believe that you're already up to the last day! I'm not ready for your TR to be over. I can't wait to see how things went at the MK!
yeah, not much happens on that green side...

I'm not ready for it to be over, either! We won't be back to WDW for TWO years!!!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-16-2010, 09:37 PM   #288
Joyciemc
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheThomsLuvDisney View Post
Great update, I'm so sad your TR will soon be coming to an end! Sounds like you will be spending your last day at MK? That's how I like to end our trips!

Have you called the phone booths? Too funny, I might have to call one myself!
Yep, had to get one last trip to the MK in!

I haven't called them yet... let me know if you do!
Old 11-18-2010, 07:41 PM   #289
annmarieda
DIS Veteran

great update! Too funny about the family all set to ride TT.

I am sad that your TR is coming to an end. Just one more day??
Old 11-26-2010, 05:40 PM   #290
Joyciemc
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by annmarieda View Post
great update! Too funny about the family all set to ride TT.

I am sad that your TR is coming to an end. Just one more day??
Just one more day ... which I am finally about to write.

Sorry about the delay!
Old 11-26-2010, 06:19 PM   #291
Joyciemc
DIS Veteran

Well, this took a lot longer to get started on than I had planned on! But better late than never, right?

Day 11: Why can't we get in to the MK?
After a busy day of over indulging in alcohol and KP missions, we had decided that we wouldn't push to get up early on our last day. ME was picking us up at 1:45, and we wanted to try to get some MK time in if we could. So we set the alarm for 8am and hoped for the best.

Well, morning arrived and we were treated to a lovely wake up call from our next door neighbors. A little before 7, the child next door began screaming once again. We could not ignore it, it was loud! Ben called the front desk to complain, but what could be done, really? Annoyed, we got up and began to pack.
I have to say, it is a good thing we bought DVC- we needed that tote bag to help carry the stuff we now had! Even though most of our budget-busting spending was on alcohol, food and 50 years worth of vacations, we had bought a few souvenirs and we didn't have much room for them. Eventually the luggage was stuffed and zipped and we headed out of the room around 9am. So while it was extremely unpleasant to be woken the way we were, the timing worked out pretty well.

We dropped our bags off with luggage services and got breakfast at Captain Cooks. Tonga Toast again for me and the breakfast platter for Ben.
This was the one and only time we sat outside at Captain Cooks. This was a later start for us, and the difference in crowd level in this small eatery was very noticeable. We were lucky to even get the hot table we did!
Having finished our final Poly breakfast, we hopped on the monorail for one last trip to the MK.

A terrible picture of me, but I don't have many from this day, so I can't be picky!

As we walked up to the turnstile for the last time, it wouldn't let me in! I started to think about how I couldn't remember how many days I ended up getting on our tickets when the second try didn't let me in, either. So over to Guest Services we went and were informed that I had in fact purchased 7 day park hoppers (this now makes sense- I bought the tickets a long time ago, when I though we would spend last Sunday at Universal. But we had come over to Disney early than planned). This being our 8th day in a Disney park, that turnstile was just not going to let us in! Since we had 4 hours to spend, and we were already at the MK, we opted to spend the $5 each and add another day. This may sound frivolous, but it was only $10... compared to what we had already spent, it seemed well worth it!

This whole situation was dealt with pretty quickly and we were in the park at 10am. We rode Space Mountain with no wait, and the walked on Buzz as well.
We took a picture of our favorite message in the boarding area of Space. (Yes, it's random and No, I don't expect anyone else to think it's funny...)

Cutting through Adventureland, we headed to Frontierland and stumbled across a whole lot a people in a line dancing party.

The Country Bears were out and about, but I find them quite scary in Meet N' Greet situations, so we skipped stopping to visit them.

Once through this mob, we rode Splash with very little wait. After this, it was lunch time... which we spent at Columbia Harbour House once again. We just love this place!

After lunch, our timing was just right to go see those Bears where they belong- and it was crowded! I had never seen so many people trying to get in to this show.

Ben was very thoughtful and got some pictures during the finale for me. Here's just one of several thousand...

We saw Philharmagic one last time and then stopped into the Christmas store on the way out. We found a cute ornament (I cannot remember what it looks like. And come to think of it, I don't really know where it is. But I am pretty confident we will find it next week when we put our tree up. I hope.)

Now it was well and truly time to go- we made it back to the Poly with hardly any time to spare! We were quickly on board the ME bus and off to the airport.

Our flight home must have been uneventful, because I don't remember any of it.

That was a sorta anti-climatic ending to this epic trip. But the last day was pretty uneventful. Other than the screaming kid, we didn't have any interactions with strangers, nothing broke, I didn't frighten anyone.

Anyway, I want to thank you for reading along! It was a lot of fun to re-live the trip, and I am very glad I have finally finished. Stay tuned for a last post with a summary/update on what we are doing next!
Old 11-26-2010, 07:02 PM   #292
Marblies
DIS Veteran

Hurrah!!! Hope we'll be hearing from you next year reporting your first DVC vaycay! thanks for sharing - Merry Christmas.

2008 A**Cheer, 2008 ASM Girl's trip, 2009 ASM with DH too, 2010 POP Girl's Christmas trip, 2011 POP Just Girls, 2012 AoA Last girl's only trip EVER? (DD22 is getting married and doesn't think she can leave her hubby at home like I do), Feb.2013 POP to SS to AoA Crashing the Disneymoon with the inlaws! Sept. 2013 POP Girl's trip
Old 11-26-2010, 08:36 PM   #293
Joyciemc
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marblies View Post
Hurrah!!! Hope we'll be hearing from you next year reporting your first DVC vaycay! thanks for sharing - Merry Christmas.
You just might...
Old 11-26-2010, 09:03 PM   #294
Joyciemc
DIS Veteran

The wrap-up!

This was the best fake honeymoon (hi mean Le Cellier dude!) I've ever had!

Some of our favorites were:

*The Portofino!!! This is the 2nd best resort I've stayed at. It is second only to our suite at Sandals Jamaica (and the 'free' alcohol at Sandals may be the reason for that...)

*The queue for Harry Potter Forbidden Journey. The ride is cool and all, but it was walking through the effects in Hogwarts that really blew me away!

*Eating lots of Tonga Toast, but not the edges. And only with strawberry sauce!

*Yee-haw Bob at Port Orleans Riverside. (This is also when I realized that the bars at Disney properties have Dog Fish Head 60 Minute IPA- one of my favorite beers)

*Bread and Butter pudding at Raglan Road.

*Kim Possible/drinking around the World Showcase combination.

*Buying 50 years worth of Disney vacations, completely unexpectedly!

The crappy stuff:

*The Hulk (ouch. ouch. ouch.) and Posiedon's Fury Boring Show of Waste of Time and Terrible Story.

*The Poly giving us an *upgrade* to a room that came complete with a pack n' play and a 1/2 bottle of Coke! Related to this: the iron falling off the wall, nearly ruining our DSLR. And the volcano pool always being too crowded.

*Me throwing a hissy because Ben said he didn't want to go to Disney next fall.

*Fantasyland's giant plywood wall in front of a mountain of dirt.

*Having to settle our room charges at both the Poly and Portofino. That was rough!

I can't think of anything else bad! And in all honestly, by this point- those bad things are nothing more than funny anecdotes to tell (well, our savings account missed a few additions in the months after the trip, and that isn't funny...)

And since we are now DVC owners, there are more trips to look forward to!

Remember how we aren't going to POR in 2011? And how I was kinda bummed about that? Well guess what Ben said when I suggested adding some WDW time to our May Vero Beach vacation? That's right: "We could just go to Disney instead. Where would you want to stay?"

Oh boy! That conversation happened at the dog park today. And when we got home, Ben and I sat down and a couple of hours later we have this plan...

5/1-5/6 at a Studio in Kidani Village. Though we are wait listed for the Boardwalk Villas (even though now I would be just as happy at either).
No more Vero Beach- we'll save that for a trip in the future.

When we were booking the trip, the Member Services CM pointed out that we are "well within the 180 day window for dining reservations" so eeeek! I gotta get planning...

Oh, and for those keeping score... this trip will happen a week after our 1st anniversary. Looks like we may have another fake celebration on the horizon... but I'm 99% sure we will not be celebrating this one at Le Cellier!
Old 11-26-2010, 09:21 PM   #295
Tracy161
DIS Veteran

So sad it's over but it really and truly was an excellent TR and I'm so happy to have been able to share your experiences - it's definitely what makes the "in-between" trips time tolerable! Thanks for sharing, can't wait to hear what's in store for you guys next!
Old 11-27-2010, 11:26 AM   #296
KGGJT
Earning My Ears

I love the pictures of figment. LOL
Old 11-27-2010, 02:12 PM   #297
klacey1
DIS Veteran

Joyce, I LOVED reading your PTR and TR! You and Ben sound like such fun people-- it really came through in your report! Ahh- that's awesome that you'll be back to the World so soon! Save the scary clown pool, the Boardwalk looks great-- fingers crossed you get it! Will you be doing another PTR/TR? I hope!
Old 11-27-2010, 04:00 PM   #298
Stefy
Fantasising of our next DCL & WDW Trip

Its been fun reading along, thank you for sharing with us

I hope to hear about your trip home, sounds like its going to be a good one
Old 11-27-2010, 06:41 PM   #299
Joyciemc
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tracy161 View Post
So sad it's over but it really and truly was an excellent TR and I'm so happy to have been able to share your experiences - it's definitely what makes the "in-between" trips time tolerable! Thanks for sharing, can't wait to hear what's in store for you guys next!
Thank you so much for reading along! I am so glad you liked it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by klacey1 View Post
Joyce, I LOVED reading your PTR and TR! You and Ben sound like such fun people-- it really came through in your report! Ahh- that's awesome that you'll be back to the World so soon! Save the scary clown pool, the Boardwalk looks great-- fingers crossed you get it! Will you be doing another PTR/TR? I hope!
Awww, shucks! We do tend to have lots of fun wherever we go, but who wouldn't at Disney?
I think I will do another PTR... 5 months seems like a ways away, but it is the quickest I have ever planned a trip, I think. And there are a new few things that we want to try this trip that might take some planning...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefy View Post
Its been fun reading along, thank you for sharing with us

I hope to hear about your trip home, sounds like its going to be a good one
Thank you for sticking it out till the end, Stefy!

I can't wait to tell all about our newest adventure as DVC members!
Old 11-27-2010, 07:09 PM   #300
TheThomsLuvDisney
DIS Veteran

Thank you for sharing your vacation with us, it was a fabulous TR and look forward to your May PTR!

DCL Feb 2014 Fantasy Eastern~SSR
DCL Feb 2013 Fantasy Western~BLT
Aulani April 2012
DCL Feb 2011 Dream B2B~AKL
DCL Jan 2010 Magical Eastern~CBR
DCL Jan 2008 Magical Western~SSR
DCL Jan 2006 Magical Western~POP
DCL Jan 2005 Magical Eastern~WL
DCL Jan 1999 7 Day Land/Sea~POFQ

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: