Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-02-2010, 06:46 PM   #271
reelmom
If I don't get tagged, I am gonna hold my breath until I am blue!
Didn't work. The tag turned blue instead!

Just up to Day 5 but throughly enjoying your TR. We really enjoy Universal but haven't been back since the WWoHP opened. Hopefully, when all the crowds die down, we will go back. I haven't read any of the responses inbetween your updates, just have used the links so I don't know if someone posted this, but I have the phone numbers to the Epcot UK phone booths if you would like them.
Old 11-02-2010, 07:07 PM   #272
Joyciemc
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by reelmom View Post
Just up to Day 5 but throughly enjoying your TR. We really enjoy Universal but haven't been back since the WWoHP opened. Hopefully, when all the crowds die down, we will go back. I haven't read any of the responses inbetween your updates, just have used the links so I don't know if someone posted this, but I have the phone numbers to the Epcot UK phone booths if you would like them.
Welcome to the trip report! So glad to hear that you are enjoying reading about our trip.

Oooh, I would like the numbers for the UK phone booths! How fun would it be to call?
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-03-2010, 06:08 AM   #273
Tracy161
DIS Veteran

As much as I LOVE World Showcase, I confess I've never tried the KP missions! Must do so next time, sounds like you and Ben had a blast!
Old 11-03-2010, 01:24 PM   #274
oboedm
DIS Veteran

KP sounds like so much fun! We got a FP for it but ran out of time. I hope to do it next time, though, we are going with a 7 and 8 year old. I am sure they would LOVE it!

Thanks for the info about the tours...maybe I will swing by the DVC kiosk at WL when we are there. We will have four adults, and I am sure my BIL and SIL won't mind a little exta spending money! We have a free morning, so we coujld maybe squeeze it in.
Old 11-03-2010, 02:36 PM   #275
reelmom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joyciemc View Post
Welcome to the trip report! So glad to hear that you are enjoying reading about our trip.

Oooh, I would like the numbers for the UK phone booths! How fun would it be to call?
Left Booth- 1-407-827-9862

Center Booth1-407-827-9863

Right Booth- 1-407-827-9861
Old 11-04-2010, 08:24 PM   #276
SOUTHERNtinkerBELLE
DIS Veteran

Great update! It sounds like a KP mission and a few drinks make for a great afternoon!
Old 11-05-2010, 09:43 AM   #277
Joyciemc
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tracy161 View Post
As much as I LOVE World Showcase, I confess I've never tried the KP missions! Must do so next time, sounds like you and Ben had a blast!
Do it! Especially if you are already a World Showcase fan- KP missions really let you interact with the pavilions in a whole new way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by oboedm View Post
KP sounds like so much fun! We got a FP for it but ran out of time. I hope to do it next time, though, we are going with a 7 and 8 year old. I am sure they would LOVE it!

Thanks for the info about the tours...maybe I will swing by the DVC kiosk at WL when we are there. We will have four adults, and I am sure my BIL and SIL won't mind a little exta spending money! We have a free morning, so we coujld maybe squeeze it in.
You should totally do the tour! Free money is always a good thing. And the tour itself didn't take all that long, just don't spend a couple hours 'figuring' like we did!

Quote:
Left Booth- 1-407-827-9862

Center Booth1-407-827-9863

Right Booth- 1-407-827-9861
Yay! Thank you, I can call to check on Epcot from home, now!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SOUTHERNtinkerBELLE View Post
Great update! It sounds like a KP mission and a few drinks make for a great afternoon!
It really did! We had a blast that day
Old 11-05-2010, 01:18 PM   #278
reelmom

All caught up. My son is sick and stayed home from school today so I have been able to get caught up. I can't believe that your DH agreed to buy into DVC. I can't talk my DH into even taking the tour. Maybe he knows what will happen. I tell him it makes sense but he always tells me that he doesn't want to be tied down to a vacation spot. Seems like a silly argument considering we have been to Disney about 12 times in the past 5 years. We never go anywhere else. We always say we are and research other places but always book Disney.

We have never done Hoop Dee Doo but after seeing your report, I think we might try. I think the boys will enjoy it. They are at the age where corny jokes are the funniest thing ever, well, besides gross bodily functions.
Old 11-05-2010, 10:25 PM   #279
annegirl
DIS Veteran

Enjoying this so much! I hope Harry Potter world isn't too crowded in December! Can't wait to read more.
Old 11-15-2010, 09:40 AM   #280
Joyciemc
DIS Veteran

Quote:
All caught up. My son is sick and stayed home from school today so I have been able to get caught up. I can't believe that your DH agreed to buy into DVC. I can't talk my DH into even taking the tour. Maybe he knows what will happen. I tell him it makes sense but he always tells me that he doesn't want to be tied down to a vacation spot. Seems like a silly argument considering we have been to Disney about 12 times in the past 5 years. We never go anywhere else. We always say we are and research other places but always book Disney.

We have never done Hoop Dee Doo but after seeing your report, I think we might try. I think the boys will enjoy it. They are at the age where corny jokes are the funniest thing ever, well, besides gross bodily functions.
We also seem to end up going back to Disney, even though Ben would like to travel to more places. I guess that's part of why we ended up buying DVC. Though our very first DVC trips are going to be to the non-WDW resorts, so I think it actually worked out in Ben's favor!

Hoop Dee Doo is sooooo much fun, and just very 'Disney'! I think your boys would love it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by annegirl View Post
Enjoying this so much! I hope Harry Potter world isn't too crowded in December! Can't wait to read more.
Hi!! Thanks for hopping over here and reading! Sorry that you found the report just as I was heading into a super busy time and not able to update...
But the good news is, I've got something coming right up!
Old 11-15-2010, 10:32 AM   #281
Joyciemc
DIS Veteran

I did not mean to become one of those trip reports that petered out at the end and never got finished! Things have been so busy around here, I just haven't had time... but there's only a day left of the trip, so we'll be able to get the end, I promise!

When I left off, Ben and I had just finished completing all the Kim Possible Missions (along with a few drinks).
We still had quite a bit of time before our dinner ADR at Biergarten, but we were still having a blast in Epcot and figured we would stay put till dinner. But what were we gonna do for the next few hours?
Don't forget- it was still super duper hot and standing outside to figure out a plan was not an option. So we ducked into a store (I can't remember which country we were in) that happened to have a rack of 'Hidden Mickey' books just inside the door. It was nice and cool in there, and Ben picked up a book and started reading. We actually own this book, but I hadn't packed it. Since we weren't about to re-purchase a book we already bought, Ben thought we should take pictures of the pages so we could go on a World Showcase HM hunt.
It was kind of embarrassing, but no one was paying attention to us anyway. So we snapped a few pics of the pertinent pages.

And off we headed to find some of them!

Along the way, a kind stranger offered to take a picture of the two of us. What we didn't realize was that he was going to take the picture from as far away as possible. We ended up with a pretty amusing shot- teeny tiny Ben, Joyce and Spaceship Earth!

We took a picture of our own in the America pavilion.

We rode Mealstrom so Ben could see the HM in the mural, and so we could both try to find a Hidden Donald in this lady's shirt. We looked and looked, but I can still only sorta see it... maybe

I'm glad we rode Maelstrom, because we almost missed hanging out with this guy:

I think it was in the Norway store that I treated Ben to an impromptu puppet show. But I suppose it could have been Germany... find a store with these puppets, and that is where it happened. Luckily, we have proof:

And a picture of the puppet show cast:

After my amazing performance, we decided to try something new... the movie in France. Did we enjoy it?

Well... I fell asleep. Sitting up! My head didn't even tip over... and Ben got a kick out of watching me. All that drinking and running around in the heat had caught up with me. I needed a nap! But I did feel pretty good afterwards...

There was still quite a bit of time before dinner, and we had not ridden Test Track yet this trip so we headed off to Future World. The stand-by wait was quite long, so we headed in the single rider line. It was a very quick walk through the queue, and Ben and I were placed in the same car. Unfortunately, the family of 4 that was already getting settled in the car were not expecting us to join them. Dad and son in the front had left the middle seat empty, while the mom and daughter in the back were buckling their backpack into the seat between them. They looked up at me waiting to get in the car with total confusion. The little girl was saying, 'mom, mom, mom' over and over. I think she was scared of the crazy person trying to get in the car.
I just smiled and said, 'single rider line'. And waited for them to unbuckle their backpack. After traumatizing that family, Ben and I headed to Mission:Space. For the first time in a looooooong time, the wait for the Orange side was too long for us to wait. So we opted for the Green side. And wow, is that boring! Totally not worth the time it takes to get on the ride. For us, the best part of Mission:Space is the feeling at take off. On the Green side, there are not feelings of motion except for a few times when the car rumbles a little. But at least now we know!

It was finally late enough to head back towards Germany for dinner.
But not before stopping in to France for a pre-dinner Napoleon. What? We were hungry!
Ben apparently decided to document me making my selection...

Once that was taken care of, we checked in at Biergarten and got our pager. Somerfest was pretty crowded, but we found some seats at a table with a nice couple who offered them to us. So we got to sit while we waited, and chatted with them. They were very nice, but the topics of conversation focused on a series of tragedies they had recently been through. Heavy stuff for a 15 minute chat with strangers. I hope things get better for them!

On that note, we were finally being called for dinner. Biergarten is a family style restaurant, and if you are a party of 2 you are guaranteed to be seated with another group. In our case, we with a family of 6 who were at the tail end of a 3 week trip to WDW. 3 weeks! They were very nice and we had fun chatting with them about Disney in general.

Ben and I enjoyed this place, the ambiance and the music were great! As for the food, I found some things I really liked, but was not 'wowed' by the selections in general. The food was tasty enough, but nothing we're dying to head back for.

After dinner, the park was closed. We were finally at the end of our very long day, and headed back to the Poly. It was only 10pm when we made it back to the room. I passed out in about 30 seconds, after setting the alarm so we could get up in plenty of time to enjoy the MK on our last morning.
Old 11-16-2010, 02:31 AM   #282
Stefy
Fantasising of our next DCL & WDW Trip

Lol I love that pic of you sleeping sitting up, not an easy thing to do

Bless that family at TT, I can kinda get them thinking they were getting a whole car to themselves, but don't make a big deal out of it if you don't. Did you and Ben end up sitting together or ensconced in between that family?
Old 11-16-2010, 04:18 AM   #283
OhioDisneyLover
DIS Veteran

Enjoyed your update. Glad to see that I'm not the only one that naps

I was giggling when I read about TT. How funny!

Hey BangBang Chicken...Where's Carl?http://www.disboards.com/showthread....3#post50814403 CURRENT TR in Progress Really? All of us? ... a Jan PTR: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3186622
The Most Wonderful Thing About Tiggers...happened to us! A 2013 TRhttp://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3066866
Road Trip! Stop1: Inkedupmomma's Wedding, Stop 2: Disney - A Feb 2013 PTR http://www.disboards.com/showthread....0#post45966160
Small Po-taaaa-toes! My Sept 2011 TR http://www.disboards.com/showthread....3#post42885313
The "I said I wasn't going to do a PTR...PTR (Sept 2011) http://www.disboards.com/showthread....9#post39927349
Drama Please End...Fun, Please Begin..A Sept TR http://www.disboards.com/showthread....1#post38357331
Old 11-16-2010, 10:42 AM   #284
klacey1
DIS Veteran

LOL at the TT family! Don't know why they thought they would be the only ones in the car! Even so, I don't know why they wouldn't sit next to each other!
Oof, hearing about random strangers' tragedies couldn't have been fun! Kind of rivals the CM at CHH who spent 45 minutes talking to us about the crying statues he saw at the Vatican
Old 11-16-2010, 06:46 PM   #285
SOUTHERNtinkerBELLE
DIS Veteran

Great update! I loved it!

I find the green side of MS to be pretty boring, too. I'm still too chicken to ride the orange side, though! The story of the family on TT was too funny! Did they at least move over so you could sit down, or did you have to sit in the middle?

I can't believe that you're already up to the last day! I'm not ready for your TR to be over. I can't wait to see how things went at the MK!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: