Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-25-2010, 10:37 PM   #241
klacey1
DIS Veteran

Congratulations on your best souvenir ever!!! That's terrific-- and it's hard to be disappointed about canceling next year's trip when you know you'll be able to get back so many more times! I've heard really great things about the Hilton Head resort, too!
Can't wait to hear about your best day ever-- can't believe it wasn't DVC day!
Old 10-26-2010, 06:12 AM   #242
Tracy161
DIS Veteran

Best souvenir EVER!!! A HUGE congrats on DVC!!! That's what I aspire to get one day!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-26-2010, 09:43 AM   #243
Aimros
Zip a dee doo dah!

Congrats on your purchase! DFi and I were thinking about it, but when we got the DVC planning DVD we just couldn't figure out how it would be worth it. We might go on a DVC tour anyway when we go down next summer.

I'm still here reading! Eager for more!

CBR x 3 ~ POP x 1 ~ CSR x 2 ~ POR x 1 ~ AOA x 1 ~ AKL x 1
Old 10-26-2010, 11:44 AM   #244
Marblies
DIS Veteran

WOW! Now I understand the title. I was wondering how a few adult beverages and treats was going to break the bank. DVC will do it - glad it worked for you guys. Waiting for more......

2008 A**Cheer, 2008 ASM Girl's trip, 2009 ASM with DH too, 2010 POP Girl's Christmas trip, 2011 POP Just Girls, 2012 AoA Last girl's only trip EVER? (DD22 is getting married and doesn't think she can leave her hubby at home like I do), Feb.2013 POP to SS to AoA Crashing the Disneymoon with the inlaws! Sept. 2013 POP Girl's trip
Old 10-26-2010, 05:24 PM   #245
Joyciemc
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by tankgirl427 View Post
Sounds amazing... I hate to admit but I'm jealous!!!
I still can't believe it! Though it will be tough to stay away from WDW for 2 years.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shannon84 View Post
Ok so its sad but true, I have been lurking on your TR but cannot remember if I have commented before!!

The hotel at Universal looked amazing...I really would LOVE to see the Harry Potter area after reading your report and that resort looks worth checking out as well

I cannot believe your suprise was ruined and the bad luck you had with the room...I LOVE suprises and would be pretty ticked if that had happened to me (especially because those deliveries are not cheap!)

The server you had at Le Cellier is what I call an idiot!! I dont think I would have enjoyed his "joking" very much myself to be honest...its not that you expected extra special treatment for your pins, but you were celebrating a special occasion still!!! I know numerous people who have had to wait to take a honeymoon or who have done two trips like you did...anyway Im done my rant

I am SOOOOO jealous you purchased DVC....I think next time we are there I want to try and take the tour and perhaps convince DBF to take the plunge!!

And last but not least YAY RED SOX (though not so much this past season ) I am from MA originally

Cant wait to read more!!
Hiya, and thanks for reading!

If you go to Universal, I can't recommend the Portofino enough! It was just a wonderful resort.

Red Sox... I am looking forward to April already. Hope it's a better year!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheThomsLuvDisney View Post
Congrats on DVC! We have been members for a few years now and love it, it was the best purchase our family ever made!
Thank you! Glad to hear from a DVC owner. When we got home we got a bunch of weird looks from friends/family who couldn't see why we'd want a Disney timeshare. We tried to explain, but they don't get it. Though I bet some of them will be asking to use points in the future...

Quote:
Originally Posted by annmarieda View Post
I am still here, reading along!!

First, yes...aren't the toilets in POR cool? I am so glad you took a picture cause I never was able to show dh what they looked like. (you would have thought at some point in 11 nights I would have grabbed the camera )

Second, what a beautiful picture of the castle and the moment you caught...too sweet!

Third, congrats on buying DVC. I am also among the jealous!!! We have gone to Disney every year just about for the last 10...and I don't see us not continuing to go...yet, Dh would NEVER agree to buying. I think he feels it would lock us in to only doing disney...and that the cost is higher than if we just get a good deal with a promotion.

Okay, so I can't wait to hear about your best day ever!!!
The 2 hours we spent in the DVC office involved Ben and a calculator and a piece of paper. Luckily, all his calculations came out in favor of buying!
And the number of non-Disney places to go helped sway us. Though I must admit, we were kinda led to believe that using our points at non-Disney properties was a better use of points than it actually is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missyrose View Post
Congrats on DVC! I would love to do that, but DBF and I are taking baby steps. Our last trip was his first to WDW. This upcoming will prove to him you can still have fun even though you've done everything before. And the next trip, I hope, will be our first onsite (THEN maybe we can talk DVC ).
You're leaving in like, 4 days!!!! So exciting!!!

Hope you have a great trip, and a great one after that, and then another one...
Old 10-26-2010, 05:31 PM   #246
Joyciemc
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by klacey1 View Post
Congratulations on your best souvenir ever!!! That's terrific-- and it's hard to be disappointed about canceling next year's trip when you know you'll be able to get back so many more times! I've heard really great things about the Hilton Head resort, too!
Can't wait to hear about your best day ever-- can't believe it wasn't DVC day!
As hard as it was to make the call to cancel our next trip, this was the best reason to have to do it!
I am soooo excited for Hilton Head- I've been wanting to visit Charleston and Savannah for a long time, so we plan on doing some road trips while we're down there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tracy161 View Post
Best souvenir EVER!!! A HUGE congrats on DVC!!! That's what I aspire to get one day!
It really is the best souvenir! Can't wait for our first trip as DVC members.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aimros View Post
Congrats on your purchase! DFi and I were thinking about it, but when we got the DVC planning DVD we just couldn't figure out how it would be worth it. We might go on a DVC tour anyway when we go down next summer.

I'm still here reading! Eager for more!
I suggest going on a tour- if only to see the really cool mural! It doesn't take very long- we were there forever because we were trying to make really sure that this was good for us.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marblies View Post
WOW! Now I understand the title. I was wondering how a few adult beverages and treats was going to break the bank. DVC will do it - glad it worked for you guys. Waiting for more......
though our room charges were really high, you're right- the report title came from this purchase. When I first got home and started writing this, the cost was still very fresh in my mind!

Thanks for reading, everyone! And for the replies- it can be hard to be motivated to keep writing when it doesn't seem like anyone is reading!
Old 10-26-2010, 05:42 PM   #247
merrymouse1
Mouseketeer

Im late but Im in as a neighbor too! I live not far from Worcester or Wor-ches-ter for those out of towners. Now to go read and catch up!
Old 10-26-2010, 06:32 PM   #248
snowmanlover
DS was in the CP and LOVED it!

Quote:
Thanks for reading, everyone! And for the replies- it can be hard to be motivated to keep writing when it doesn't seem like anyone is reading!
I'm reading your trip report and enjoying it very much!! I know you didn't know that so I thought I'd come out of hiding and tell you!!

CONGRATULATIONS on your marriage and buying DVC!! DH and I went on our honeymoon many, many years ago (33 years) to Disneyworld!
Old 10-26-2010, 07:15 PM   #249
amyrella
Mouseketeer

wow congrats!!!

i'm so happy now you know you'll have future disney trips!!! woohooo!!! that salesman must have been great!!!!!!
Old 10-26-2010, 07:38 PM   #250
Joyciemc
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by merrymouse1 View Post
Im late but Im in as a neighbor too! I live not far from Worcester or Wor-ches-ter for those out of towners. Now to go read and catch up!
Welcome! Thanks for joining!
I'll be in Worcester in a couple weeks for a wedding!

Quote:
Originally Posted by snowmanlover View Post
I'm reading your trip report and enjoying it very much!! I know you didn't know that so I thought I'd come out of hiding and tell you!!

CONGRATULATIONS on your marriage and buying DVC!! DH and I went on our honeymoon many, many years ago (33 years) to Disneyworld!
Thanks for popping in to say hello and for your kind words!
Hope you enjoy the rest!

Quote:
Originally Posted by amyrella View Post
wow congrats!!!

i'm so happy now you know you'll have future disney trips!!! woohooo!!! that salesman must have been great!!!!!!
I guess he was good at his job... even if he was a tad misleading on a few points. But I guess that is what makes a salesman good at selling, huh?
Old 10-27-2010, 11:03 AM   #251
SOUTHERNtinkerBELLE
DIS Veteran

Yay for DVC!!! That is so exciting! I hope you'll let us know about your trips to the Disney beach resorts. The hilton head one is fairly close to us and I've thought about checking it out sometime.

I love the last picture of you and Ben. You both look so happy.
Old 10-29-2010, 08:33 AM   #252
Stefy
Fantasising of our next DCL & WDW Trip

All caught up

Sorry your surprise didn't go so well, but it still turned out great and you got the ears too

Looks like you had fun on the Segway, DF did that too. How rude was that woman in the line. I cannot tell you how many rude people there were in WDW this year

Those Hello Panda's are delish aren't they. Did you try any other flavours? I remember when I went to Singapore for the first time I went nuts for those babies

I can't believe the waiter said you were on a "fake honeymoon" what an ***!!!

Sorry to hear about Otis, hope he is doing ok

Looks like you had a great meal at the Wave, capped off with Wishes at the end of the night too

Congrats on DVC, such a great investment and great home resort choice too
Old 10-31-2010, 11:02 AM   #253
JMat
Mouseketeer

Woo Hoo!! Im home and catching up on all your TR updatdes, loving it.

DVC is a huge awesome update!! Cant wait to hear more about it and maybe pick your brain about thoughts & ideas someday!
Old 11-01-2010, 09:05 AM   #254
Joyciemc
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by SOUTHERNtinkerBELLE View Post
Yay for DVC!!! That is so exciting! I hope you'll let us know about your trips to the Disney beach resorts. The hilton head one is fairly close to us and I've thought about checking it out sometime.

I love the last picture of you and Ben. You both look so happy.
I'll do mini TRs for our beach vacations! I admit I am still thinking more ahead to that far-away Oct 2012 WDW trip. It's gonna be hard to be at Vero Beach, so close to Disney and not go there... hmmm, did I just get an idea?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefy View Post
All caught up

Sorry your surprise didn't go so well, but it still turned out great and you got the ears too

Looks like you had fun on the Segway, DF did that too. How rude was that woman in the line. I cannot tell you how many rude people there were in WDW this year

Those Hello Panda's are delish aren't they. Did you try any other flavours? I remember when I went to Singapore for the first time I went nuts for those babies

I can't believe the waiter said you were on a "fake honeymoon" what an ***!!!

Sorry to hear about Otis, hope he is doing ok

Looks like you had a great meal at the Wave, capped off with Wishes at the end of the night too

Congrats on DVC, such a great investment and great home resort choice too
Welcome back! Can't wait to hear about your trip!!

So it wasn't just us with rude folks... I wonder what was making everyone so grumpy and impolite?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMat View Post
Woo Hoo!! Im home and catching up on all your TR updatdes, loving it.

DVC is a huge awesome update!! Cant wait to hear more about it and maybe pick your brain about thoughts & ideas someday!
Home already? Hope you had a great time!

I am so excited about DVC... can't wait to take our first trip 'home' to Vero Beach this spring.
You better believe I'll be sharing my thoughts on everything DVC!

And now, I am working on the next update. This turned into another crazy week/weekend and I haven't been home more than a few hours at a time!
So stay tuned, a completely new adventure is awaiting Ben and I in Epcot on our last full day...
Old 11-01-2010, 09:22 AM   #255
Stefy
Fantasising of our next DCL & WDW Trip

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joyciemc View Post
Welcome back! Can't wait to hear about your trip!!

So it wasn't just us with rude folks... I wonder what was making everyone so grumpy and impolite?
Thanks

I have no idea but it was getting on my last nerve I tell you. Why can't everyone that goes to Disney be like us Disboarders, nice and polite

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: