Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-27-2010, 05:55 PM   #136
annmarieda
DIS Veteran

2 hour wait on TSM??? holy cow! The ride is fun...but TWO HOURS? You are the queen of perseverance now! I would never have made it.

Looks like dinner was good. I had thought about going there... I think it looks like a fun place.

The lights on the lake...thanks for posting that. We were on the train at night and I could see the lights and couldn't figure out what it was. Good to know,what it was I was seeing!
Old 09-27-2010, 06:04 PM   #137
oboedm
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joyciemc View Post
I loved the Tonga Toast! I ended up eating just the middle- didn't want to waste room on the part without the bananas. Ben's macadamia pancakes were also quite tasty. ...
I order the TT this trip as well and thought it was delicious! DH was underwhelmed last year, but he didn't use the strawberry sauce. I got the pancakes last year, and thought there were too many nuts and not enough pancake.

Quote:

This Mary Poppins looks a bit clownish to me. We met a much less scary looking one-- our MP had normal makeup, not something from a 1980s music video.

Quote:
We willingly got in a line with a posted wait of 140 minutes. We had a funny (in a sad way, not a funny way) conversation in which Ben commented on the "more than an hour wait". I debated whether I should point out that 140 minutes is two hours and 20 minutes. I didn't.
In my defense, I was under the impression that the stand-by line was something worth seeing. Turns out, it's not that great. But I guess nothing would be for that long of a wait. If I remember correctly, we were in line for just under 2 hours....

Eek! I can't believe you got in line! We waited for an hour and I wanted to DIE! I was holding the baby most of the time. I should have brought my baby sling more often, but didn't want the mom to think I new better and that I liked my sling more. Don't ask why I have a baby sling but no baby. I don't know either.

Quote:
Back at the Poly, we were once again just a bit disapointed by something...
Can't wait to hear about!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-28-2010, 07:08 AM   #138
Tracy161
DIS Veteran

Oh, no! What was waiting back at the Poly?!

Great update! Glad you got to try the Tonga Toast and holy cow, a 2 hour wait for TSMM! At least you got to experience it though!

Looking forward to more... good luck with the pets!
Old 09-28-2010, 08:52 AM   #139
Stefy
Fantasising of our next DCL & WDW Trip

Great pictures

I can't believe you guys waited that long for TSM

Sounds like you had a great day and park hopping too

Not liking the sound of what's coming up next
Old 09-28-2010, 10:05 AM   #140
JMat
Mouseketeer

Great Pic of the Country Bears I havent been in forever, and now im actually really looking forward to checking it out next month! I had forgotten much about it - until you posted that it was your 'Must Do'.

Also, im loving on that shot of you both from the teacups - its classic and I think everyone should have one, but you and Ben look so genuine and happy. Im thinking this is a pic that should be left at work for those bad days

Excited to hear about leg two of this day - sorry house-sitting is scary, there are times where I get creeped out even in my OWN house, let alone someone elses... youre a good friend for doing it. Sending happy thoughts your way in case you arent home yet!!

<3
Old 09-28-2010, 12:23 PM   #141
klacey1
DIS Veteran

I love the plaid-ness of your shirt. Perfect match for HDDR! Glad you guys had fun there and the food was alright! Not liking the sound of another disappointment, though!
(Random-- heading to your state this weekend! DBF and I are going to the Wrentham Outlets this weekend!)
Old 09-30-2010, 10:28 AM   #142
tankgirl427
DIS Veteran

Welcome back home! "Finn can fly?"

"You held me down, but I got up, Get ready cause Iíve had enough."

PHM 2015-In Pursuit of Cupcakes While Running in Glass Slippers

Pre 2006 doesn't count, 2006: Dolphin, 2006: 16 hours of MK & EP, 2009: DL, 2010: PC with DDP, 2011: Off-site with friends & PC, 2012: AKL & BLT, POFQ, 2013: POP, POP, DL, POP
Old 09-30-2010, 07:39 PM   #143
Joyciemc
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by annmarieda View Post
2 hour wait on TSM??? holy cow! The ride is fun...but TWO HOURS? You are the queen of perseverance now! I would never have made it.

Looks like dinner was good. I had thought about going there... I think it looks like a fun place.

The lights on the lake...thanks for posting that. We were on the train at night and I could see the lights and couldn't figure out what it was. Good to know,what it was I was seeing!
I still don't know what possessed me to wait in that line. But once we started, it felt like a challenge we had to finish!

The water parade was really cute! I liked the music that went with it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by oboedm View Post
I order the TT this trip as well and thought it was delicious! DH was underwhelmed last year, but he didn't use the strawberry sauce. I got the pancakes last year, and thought there were too many nuts and not enough pancake.

This Mary Poppins looks a bit clownish to me. We met a much less scary looking one-- our MP had normal makeup, not something from a 1980s music video.

Eek! I can't believe you got in line! We waited for an hour and I wanted to DIE! I was holding the baby most of the time. I should have brought my baby sling more often, but didn't want the mom to think I new better and that I liked my sling more. Don't ask why I have a baby sling but no baby. I don't know either.

Can't wait to hear about!
After the Kona breakfast, I got Tonga Toast at Captain Cooks and it doesn't come with the strawberry sauce. But since Ben is a good DH, he got me some of the strawberries they use on the waffles. Not quite the same, but really makes the toast better... I think the acidity of the berries helps. Or something.

Looking at that Poppins, you're right- she definitely is not sporting her day look!

That TSM line was not a highlight. But at least I wasn't carrying a baby...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tracy161 View Post
Oh, no! What was waiting back at the Poly?!

Great update! Glad you got to try the Tonga Toast and holy cow, a 2 hour wait for TSMM! At least you got to experience it though!

Looking forward to more... good luck with the pets!
Officially done with the pets! 12 cats sure do make for a lot of litter box scooping!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefy View Post
Great pictures

I can't believe you guys waited that long for TSM

Sounds like you had a great day and park hopping too

Not liking the sound of what's coming up next
It's not too bad...

Hope you're having the best trip ever! Love seeing your Facebook updates- brings thoughts of the trip right back!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMat View Post
Great Pic of the Country Bears I havent been in forever, and now im actually really looking forward to checking it out next month! I had forgotten much about it - until you posted that it was your 'Must Do'.

Also, im loving on that shot of you both from the teacups - its classic and I think everyone should have one, but you and Ben look so genuine and happy. Im thinking this is a pic that should be left at work for those bad days

Excited to hear about leg two of this day - sorry house-sitting is scary, there are times where I get creeped out even in my OWN house, let alone someone elses... youre a good friend for doing it. Sending happy thoughts your way in case you arent home yet!!

<3
Thank you very much! I love the teacup pictures, too!
I just got home and it feels great to be here!

Quote:
Originally Posted by klacey1 View Post
I love the plaid-ness of your shirt. Perfect match for HDDR! Glad you guys had fun there and the food was alright! Not liking the sound of another disappointment, though!
(Random-- heading to your state this weekend! DBF and I are going to the Wrentham Outlets this weekend!)
We loved HDDR soooooo much! The song still gets stuck in my head, though.

Have fun at the outlets- there's some good shopping there!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tankgirl427 View Post
Welcome back home! "Finn can fly?"
Thanks! And thanks for 'watching' Glee with me the other night!
Old 09-30-2010, 09:23 PM   #144
LisaKeys
Mouseketeer

Slightly late - but I've subscribed!

Hello! I'm so glad I came across your TR.

Early on you mentioned your near death experience on the first leg plane ride for your honeymoon. So, since I was one of those that would have skipped over the link to your PTR, I had to quickly scroll back and "click"!

I am so glad I did. It was a great PTR filled with wedding preparations, Disney PTR, honeymoon ptr, and the actual wedding and honeymoon posts. I really enjoyed every page of it.

I am also enjoying this TR - especially how forward you are with actual personal feelings during the trip (disappointments and excitement with equal billing). Great job.

Congratulations, and hope to be reading more soon.

Someone please stop the Mango, Garlic and DxDP!!! Jan 10-23, 2011

July 1973 - MK one day/off site; November 1991 - WDW Villa's; February 1993 WDW off site; November 1999 - WDW offsite; December 2001 - WDW BWLBV-DTD; Jan 10-23, 2011 - Coronado Springs Resort and Best Western DTD
Old 10-01-2010, 09:41 AM   #145
tankgirl427
DIS Veteran

So now you know not to get your brood up to 12 cats. Althought BF is lazy and got the Litter Robot so he wouldn't have to consistantly be cleaning litter. Maybe you suggest that to your friends? Made cleaning the litter box very easy for my mom.

"You held me down, but I got up, Get ready cause Iíve had enough."

PHM 2015-In Pursuit of Cupcakes While Running in Glass Slippers

Pre 2006 doesn't count, 2006: Dolphin, 2006: 16 hours of MK & EP, 2009: DL, 2010: PC with DDP, 2011: Off-site with friends & PC, 2012: AKL & BLT, POFQ, 2013: POP, POP, DL, POP
Old 10-02-2010, 10:51 PM   #146
SOUTHERNtinkerBELLE
DIS Veteran

How neat you got to walk into MK with all of those characters! I didn't know they did that either. I guess I can use that as some inspiration to finally make it to rope drop one day!

I'm so glad Hoop de Doo lived up to your expectations.

Uh oh, I'm nervous about what is awaiting you at the Poly!
Old 10-03-2010, 03:01 AM   #147
kate_wdw
DIS Veteran

I'm really enjoying your TR. I especially enjoyed hearing your thoughts on IOA and the WWOHP, as I'll be headed down in two weeks. And Portofino Bay looks really gorgeous!

I'm curious - did you see the pilot of Outsourced? If so, did it seem like they had made any improvements to the version you saw at US?

I look forward to hearing about the rest of your trip!
Old 10-03-2010, 07:32 AM   #148
OhioDisneyLover
DIS Veteran

I'm very late, but I'm here. Going back to catch up now.

Hey BangBang Chicken...Where's Carl?http://www.disboards.com/showthread....3#post50814403 CURRENT TR in Progress Really? All of us? ... a Jan PTR: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3186622
The Most Wonderful Thing About Tiggers...happened to us! A 2013 TRhttp://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3066866
Road Trip! Stop1: Inkedupmomma's Wedding, Stop 2: Disney - A Feb 2013 PTR http://www.disboards.com/showthread....0#post45966160
Small Po-taaaa-toes! My Sept 2011 TR http://www.disboards.com/showthread....3#post42885313
The "I said I wasn't going to do a PTR...PTR (Sept 2011) http://www.disboards.com/showthread....9#post39927349
Drama Please End...Fun, Please Begin..A Sept TR http://www.disboards.com/showthread....1#post38357331
Old 10-03-2010, 07:58 AM   #149
rondesj
Earning My Ears

what is tsm?

It sounds like it is something else if it is worth a 2hour wait.
Old 10-03-2010, 09:51 AM   #150
Joyciemc
DIS Veteran

Hi Folks! I had hoped to have an update by now, but this is a busy weekend. Busy in a fun way- a good friend's wedding yesterday and today we are going to the Davis Mega Maze! It is a ginormous corn maze in a small town in Mass. Ben and I have been every year since we started dating. This year we're meeting up with friends to tackle the thing as a group. It usually takes us 4 hours or so to find everything, so I'm hoping we can shave some of that time off

Ben is giving me the stinkeye cause we need to get moving, but I just had to check in on the DIS for a moment...

Quote:
Originally Posted by LisaKeys View Post
Hello! I'm so glad I came across your TR.

Early on you mentioned your near death experience on the first leg plane ride for your honeymoon. So, since I was one of those that would have skipped over the link to your PTR, I had to quickly scroll back and "click"!

I am so glad I did. It was a great PTR filled with wedding preparations, Disney PTR, honeymoon ptr, and the actual wedding and honeymoon posts. I really enjoyed every page of it.

I am also enjoying this TR - especially how forward you are with actual personal feelings during the trip (disappointments and excitement with equal billing). Great job.

Congratulations, and hope to be reading more soon.
Awww, thank you very much! After that wonderful endorsement of the PTR, even I want to read it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tankgirl427 View Post
So now you know not to get your brood up to 12 cats. Althought BF is lazy and got the Litter Robot so he wouldn't have to consistantly be cleaning litter. Maybe you suggest that to your friends? Made cleaning the litter box very easy for my mom.
I think the motor would burn out on an electric litter box with the number of times those cats go!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SOUTHERNtinkerBELLE View Post
How neat you got to walk into MK with all of those characters! I didn't know they did that either. I guess I can use that as some inspiration to finally make it to rope drop one day!

I'm so glad Hoop de Doo lived up to your expectations.

Uh oh, I'm nervous about what is awaiting you at the Poly!
It was really fun, especially to watch other people- lots of folks didn't even notice that they were right next to Mary and Bert!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kate_wdw View Post
I'm really enjoying your TR. I especially enjoyed hearing your thoughts on IOA and the WWOHP, as I'll be headed down in two weeks. And Portofino Bay looks really gorgeous!

I'm curious - did you see the pilot of Outsourced? If so, did it seem like they had made any improvements to the version you saw at US?

I look forward to hearing about the rest of your trip!
We loved Portofino so much!! I think I'd go back and stay there without even visiting the parks!

I did watch the 'Outsouced' pilot and I still didn't like it. They hadn't changed any of the things that I commented on (which really would have meant changing the fundamental plot of the show...) though I did find out that one of my best friends actually likes the show.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhioDisneyLover View Post
I'm very late, but I'm here. Going back to catch up now.
Yay!! So glad to see you over here! I hope you enjoy reading. Should have another update soon-ish.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rondesj View Post
It sounds like it is something else if it is worth a 2hour wait.
It's the Toy Story Mania ride at the Studios, it is not worth a 2 hour wait! A very fun ride, but I was very silly for deciding to wait that long. Get there early and use a FastPass!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: