Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-28-2010, 12:41 AM   #1
Vwdiva93
DIS Veteran

"You're mocking me, aren't you?"-Final Update 11/8! :)

Hi everyone and welcome to my very first TR!!! I'm super excited to finally be able to do one. Forgive me if I leave out important info or mess up with the DIS lingo or something like that...I'm still pretty new to all of the DISboards stuff. I don't have a PTR since I joined the DIS after I got back, lol. So anywho, I guess I'll go ahead and start with the basics...

When: June 21-27

Where: WDW of course! haha but we stayed off site I've never stayed on site so hopefully someday...

The cast:
Me- Clarice(17) Lifelong Disney fan, but has become much more obsessed lately,lol. Has been a cheerleader for 8 years now. Officially a HS senior! Biggest roller coaster freak to ever live...the faster and crazier the better! Favorite Disney movie of all time is Mulan, so she is also my favorite princess (Even if she isn't technically one .) Has the biggest crush on Shang(you'll be hearing a lot about him so forgive me in advance...lol!)

Jamie(17) My awesome best friend who is also a lifelong Disney fan. Definitely a WDW expert. Favorite Disney movie of all time I believe is Beauty & the Beast, since her favorite princess is Belle. Also an official HS senior now too! Has lived all over the world so she's been to all the other Disney parks around the globe as well(I'm super jealous of this,lol).

Me (left) and Jamie at homecoming.(sorry it's blurry)

Jamie invited me on this trip with her family so the rest of the cast would be Jamie's Mom, Dad, and her 2 little brothers (they're not in any of my pics though). Her family is so sweet and were very kind to let me come along. My parents aren't really Disney people my Mom likes it but my Dad is a total non Disney believer...i know, it's sad. I was lucky enough to go to WDW two times when I was little with my parents, but the last time I was there was 2004. So when Jamie asked me if I'd like to go with her and her family to WDW I started screaming and then almost fainted from screaming too much...yeah it had been WAY too long!
We were driving, so our first 2 days of the trip were mostly driving from VA all the way down to FL....it took forever. Well I guess that covers everything for now...stay tuned for the rest of our adventure!

Oh and to explain the title of the trip,"You're mocking me, aren't you?", I guess Jamie and I are just really sarcastic because it seemed like we were constantly making fun of eachother and saying this line...haha idk why, but we decided about halfway through the trip that this would have to be the title of it since we probably said it about 50 times!

Up Next: We arrive in Orlando and my first time at DTD!!!!

Last edited by Vwdiva93; 12-08-2010 at 02:01 PM.
Old 07-28-2010, 02:34 AM   #2
mamaboogie
DIS Veteran

Great start! Can't wait to read more.

Mulan is probably my favourite Disney movie too - good choice! Meeting Mushu and Mulan in EPCOT on my last visit was a definite highlight of the trip for me!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-28-2010, 06:43 AM   #3
ˇWDW!girlrox(:
Those who don't believe in magic will never find it.<3

Hi!
Just wanted to say I'm joining and can't wait to hear more!

Now is right on time.
Old 07-28-2010, 11:13 AM   #4
Vwdiva93
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamaboogie View Post
Great start! Can't wait to read more.

Mulan is probably my favourite Disney movie too - good choice! Meeting Mushu and Mulan in EPCOT on my last visit was a definite highlight of the trip for me!
Thank you! I'm glad Mulan is your favorite Disney movie too! I've seen it at least 30 times and it never gets old. That's awesome you got to meet Mulan and Mushu together, I bet they were great

Quote:
Originally Posted by ˇWDW!girlrox(: View Post
Hi!
Just wanted to say I'm joining and can't wait to hear more!
yay! Thanks for joining!
Old 07-28-2010, 11:26 AM   #5
MickeyisBeast
Some people just don't understand what Mr. Tom Morrow meant to me
I think you need some ICE for that burn!
This is sooo Tinsel

I'm here- and great start, you're a good writer (:

1999-Day Trip // 2000-Day Trip // 2002-Day Trip // 2006-Offsite // 2008-Contemporary // 2009-All Star // 2009-Polynesian // 2009-POR
// 2010-Coronado // 2010-Pop Century // 2010-Grand Floridian // 2011-CBR+Polynesian // 2012-Pop Century // 2012-Contemporary

Old 07-28-2010, 02:37 PM   #6
Vwdiva93
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MickeyisBeast View Post
I'm here- and great start, you're a good writer (:
aw thanks!! I'm glad you're here!
Old 07-29-2010, 12:10 AM   #7
Vwdiva93
DIS Veteran

Arrival day and DTD!!

I just realized I left out the breakdown of where we would go each day…I guess that’s pretty important huh?

Sunday June 20-Arrival & DTD
Monday June 21- First day at MK
Tuesday June 22- Animal Kingdom
Wednesday June 23- Universal & WWoHP!
Thursday June 24- First half at DTD/Second half at DHS
Friday June 25- Typhoon Lagoon
Saturday June 26- Epcot
Sunday- MK and our last day

Now, on with the show…

Okay, so after 2 days in the car we finally arrived in Orlando at about 1:30 in the afternoon. We checked in at the Terra Verde resort where we would be staying and they told us that our townhouse would not be ready for 3 more hours!!! So we decided it would be a good time to go and eat lunch. We ate at Steak n Shake and this was my first time ever eating there….oh my god it was amazing! The chocolate milkshakes there are to die for! After lunch we decided to see if the townhouse was ready as it had been about two and a half hours, and we really wanted to see the place! So we drove all the way back there and get to the house…but no it still wasn’t ready. The guy inside told us it would be another hour and a half!!! We were a little ticked by this point but we decided to check out one of the typical junky Disney stores along the main drag to kill some more time.
Jamie and I had fun taking pictures and looking at all the different cardboard characters….they had a ton of them!
So after stalling as much as we could, we headed back to the townhouse and it was finally ready! It was very nice inside; we had a full kitchen, dining room area, living room with a tv, laundry room, a bathroom, and a porch with a jacuzzi on the first floor. On the second floor there were 3 bedrooms, a masters and two other bedrooms with 2 beds each. Jamie and I shared a room and her 2 little brothers shared the other one, there was also a full bathroom the four of us shared. Overall it was very nice and cozy!

After we were all settled and unpacked, we decided to head to DTD!!! I was so excited to go since I never went when I was little. I was psyched to check out the World of Disney store as Jamie kept telling me how huge it was...And she was right! I was amazed walking through all of the rooms and seeing that it just kept going on and on and on… My favorite room was definitely the princess one. I loved all of the statues and I loved seeing the BBB area, so cute! I wish I was little enough to get my hair done there! Hahahaha. Jamie and I then had to try on the Minnie ears.(Before anyone asks, I am wearing a shirt, it's just strapless.lol)
I instantly knew I had to get the Minnie ears that night because I wanted to wear them every day we were at Disney…and believe me you’ll see them a lot more!
After spending like an hour in World of Disney we went to get the free chocolate from Ghiradelli’s and it was amazing (so amazing that we ended up stopping there about 3 more times during our trip. lol!) That was about it for this day…I think we ended up just getting fast food for dinner on the way home. We had to get to bed at a decent time so we’d be ready the next morning for our first day at MK!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Up Next: MK!!, insane character lines, and Summer Nightastic!

I promise there will be more photos in the next update, I took a lot more the rest of the trip!
Old 07-29-2010, 12:22 PM   #8
ˇWDW!girlrox(:
Those who don't believe in magic will never find it.<3

Great arrival day!
That's a bummer how long it took for your townhouse to be ready!
The minnie ears are cute.

Now is right on time.
Old 07-29-2010, 12:28 PM   #9
MickeyisBeast
Some people just don't understand what Mr. Tom Morrow meant to me
I think you need some ICE for that burn!
This is sooo Tinsel

Whoa, that's a LONG time for your townhouse to be ready!
I like the pic of you and your friend with the cardboard cut outs, very cute
I have those Minnie ears! I got them on my July '09 trip, I think

1999-Day Trip // 2000-Day Trip // 2002-Day Trip // 2006-Offsite // 2008-Contemporary // 2009-All Star // 2009-Polynesian // 2009-POR
// 2010-Coronado // 2010-Pop Century // 2010-Grand Floridian // 2011-CBR+Polynesian // 2012-Pop Century // 2012-Contemporary

Old 07-29-2010, 01:21 PM   #10
WeluvE.Y.
Earned my Ears

More please! Great review so far.
Old 07-29-2010, 02:25 PM   #11
FormerLumberjill
Earning My Ears

Great start! Can't wait to hear about the rest!
Old 07-29-2010, 03:02 PM   #12
Vwdiva93
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ˇWDW!girlrox(: View Post
Great arrival day!
That's a bummer how long it took for your townhouse to be ready!
The minnie ears are cute.
Thanks! Yeah I was starting to wonder that day if it would ever be ready! We had a lot of fun trying on all the different ears, but those were definitely the cutest!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MickeyisBeast View Post
Whoa, that's a LONG time for your townhouse to be ready!
I like the pic of you and your friend with the cardboard cut outs, very cute
I have those Minnie ears! I got them on my July '09 trip, I think
Yeah it was ridiculous how long it took! The cardboard cutouts were a lot of fun, I was tempted to buy one for my room...but there's no way it would fit Good choice on the ears! I'm so glad I bought them, I wish I could wear them everyday. lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeluvE.Y. View Post
More please! Great review so far.
Thanks! I'll try to update it tonight. Glad you're here!

Quote:
Originally Posted by FormerLumberjill View Post
Great start! Can't wait to hear about the rest!
Thank you! and welcome aboard!
Old 07-30-2010, 01:07 AM   #13
Vwdiva93
DIS Veteran

Day 1- Magic Kingdom!!!

Day 1- Magic Kingdom!!!!!!

I left out an important part from arrival day….oops! The company we bought our tickets from was supposed to deliver them to our resort. Well….we realized at about 10 o clock that night they weren’t there…! So we were kinda freaking out since we didn’t know what time they would open the next day and if we’d be able to get them in time!!! To make a long story short…they were delivered the next morning and everything was a go!!

We were up bright and early and I was too excited for words! We got to MK around 9:30 I believe. We weren’t there for rope drop…but I didn’t even know that existed till I joined the DIS!!! Definitely going to have to do that on my next trip! Anyways, after getting through security and the turnstiles…it was time to see the castle!!!! This is one of my favorite parts about going to Disney. I could seriously just look at the castle all day, it’s so beautiful! I took a lot of castle pictures…since you really can never have too many! I'll only post one though...for now

We decided to head for Space Mountain first! The line wasn’t bad, it was only like 25 minutes, and we had fun playing the games while waiting in line. That was definitely new since the last time I was there! During the Year of a Million Dreams, Jamie’s family was chosen to see the control center of Space Mountain while waiting in line. You know that control tower in the middle? Well Jamie told me theres people actually in there. So Jamie and I decided to wave to them! Hahah
After Space Mountain we decided to check out the Monsters Inc. Laugh Floor. I was thinking that this was going to be boring as my family and I aren’t really show people; when we went to WDW we never did shows, just rides. But I absolutely loved the Laugh Floor!!! It was so hilarious, I’m so glad we saw it. Then we went to Buzz Lightyear’s space ranger spin…and let me say, I hate this ride!!! I have bad memories with this one. When I was little my mom and I rode together and my gun was broken because I only got about 200 points So this time I was determined to beat Jamie since I wanted to redeem myself after my horrible defeat the first time..haha So as soon as the ride started I just started shooting everything, and before we got to the actual targets I already had like 700 points! I thought I was off to a great start…but no Jamie ended up hitting something big and she won! Grrr…I really despise that ride, lol.

After that we headed over to BTMR. The line wasn’t that long it just seemed to take forever, at least the heat made it feel like it did…lol. Then we headed to Splash Mountain, which I love, that one never gets old! After that Jamie and I really wanted to meet some characters! Woody and Jessie were standing next to Splash Mountain, so we instantly jumped in line. Well this line did take forever, since it was so hot out, they had to leave every 15 minutes. Eventually it was our turn and it was so worth it! Jamie and I both had an autograph book each, and we also had our friend Mackenze's too(who couldn’t come but wanted us to get autographs for her.) When we handed them to Woody and Jessie, Woody was very confused as to why we had 3…when it was just the two of us. Lol! He pointed at us and counted to 2 on his fingers then pointed to the books and counted to 3. so we had to explain to him that our friend couldn’t make it but wanted more autographs in her book. Lol After we took the picture with Woody(who kissed us both) and Jessie, Woody tried to walk away with me, lol. The CM said sorry Woody but there are other people who want to meet you too! it was so cute, I love Woody

After that we ate lunch at a QS(we only at ate QS during the trip so I don’t have any pics or reviews or anything like that lol). Once we finished lunch, we went to get in line for POTC and Jamie and I spotted Pirate Goofy! So we quickly got in the very short line and got our pic with him.

We rode POTC, it was my first time, and it was very cool. After that we saw the Celebrate A Dream Come True parade. This was the first time I ever saw a Disney parade, and oh my god, it was so amazing!!! I took a lot of pictures here…

Mickey!!!!!

After the parade, we headed over to Toontown. We rode the barnstormer and then went to Minnie’s house! I love her house, it’s so adorable. Here’s Jamie and I on Minnie’s couch.

After Toontown, Jamie and I really wanted to meet Tiana and Naveen!! We got in line and it didn’t look too bad…but it didn’t move…for about 20 minutes. They were apparently very talkative to everyone! They then had to go on their break, which took about 30 minutes!! After waiting about an hour and a half, we finally met them! They were very sweet and fun to talk to. We then had to take one with just Naveen…he was really surprised as this was the 2nd picture in a row he had been asked to take without Tiana! He was just too freaking cute, and he really liked to ham up the pictures. lol!

Cont'd in next post
Old 07-30-2010, 01:11 AM   #14
Vwdiva93
DIS Veteran

Day 1- Magic Kingdom!!! (Part 2)

After meeting Tiana & Naveen, it was time to go stake out our spots for the electrical parade and fireworks. On the way we got some pixie dust

While we were waiting for the parade to start, Jamie and I got some pictures in front of the castle.

This is my absolute favorite picture of the whole trip, its so cute!!! After getting our picture taken, a huge dark cloud appeared…it rained maybe like one drop but it mostly went around us…thank god!! Then the electrical parade started…and it was sooooo freaking cool!!! After Cinderella’s carriage passed, a float with Prince Charming came by and he was holding the glass slipper. Well he looked right at me and asked if I’d like to try it on!!! I think I screamed…hahah I was totally not expecting that!

After the parade it was time for the fireworks!!! They were truly amazing, I loved the music, especially the POTC part, I really love that song.

So after Summer Nightastic was over, it was time for the mad dash to the monorails! lol somehow there was a monorail sitting there with no line, so we got in line for that one and were one of the first ones on! We didn’t get home till about 12:30….it had been a really really long day! We all pretty much passed out and tried to get some sleep for Animal Kingdom the next day!

Up Next: Animal Kingdom!, EE too many times?! No way!, and that creepy vine lady...
Old 07-30-2010, 10:29 AM   #15
bukosluvswdw
Addicted to Disney - my wife says I need help!

you take great pics!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: