Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-14-2010, 02:19 PM   #121
manntra
DIS Veteran

Phew!!!! I am here!!!! AT least I wasn't toooooooooo far behind!!!
George? Okay...George it is then!!
Loved the random "Let's dance" at ME!! How cute is that?!!
Bus waiting, room ready....GREAT view!!! Such a pretty room...I even like the little kitchen area
That is one happy Henry

Tracy
Old 09-14-2010, 03:35 PM   #122
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

Signing on. Your little Henry is the cutest thing ever. I think my favorite picture is him looking at himself while jumping on the bed. Looking forward to more.

2014 trip report: Disney dangled the visual weinee and Mickeystoontown gobbled it up! Our two week adventure!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....6#post51642226

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-14-2010, 04:04 PM   #123
disney<333
DIS Veteran

Could things get any better so far?! The rooms look great and Henry looks very excited to be visiting he pals again.
Ahh, yes I remember "cousin IT" I was very glad when he moved away.
Old 09-14-2010, 04:14 PM   #124
harleyquinn
Wishes she could take photos of the castle as well as the photos DALE (of Chip & Dale) takes.
I wanted to regale you all with tales of my DH's saggy greyies

Love the pics!! Can't wait to be there! I want to hear all about BWV!! And that crazy clown!
Old 09-14-2010, 05:08 PM   #125
Poolrat
DIS Veteran

What a great view.
You sure made travelling with a 3 year in NYC look easy.

Yup - something got me about Thursday and at least it waited until I got back to get bad. Just allergies. They were spreading mulch at FQ so maybe that was it. Who knows, with my allergies it could be anything
POOLRAT PATI am a Disney Dork. 75- Contemporary,77- offsite Hyatt,86- offsite 1 day trip,88- offsite 1 day trip,98- Contemporary w/kids,01- All Stars Movies,05- Boardwalk,06- Coronado,07- Carribbean Beach,08- Beach Club,Oct 09 - POP/Coronado, Dec09/Jan 10 ASMu/ CSR , July '10-POP, Sept '10 POFQ,Oct '10 2X for F&W @ POP Oct'11-ASSp Dec '11-DVC SSR/AKL July '12- BCV, Sept '12- DL, Oct '12- BCV, Dec'12-POP Jan '13- OKW May '13-BWV Oct '13- BCV DEC '13- BCV May14-POP Aug 14- VWL Oct '14-DL
Can't wait to go back
Old 09-14-2010, 06:54 PM   #126
kschafer
DIS Veteran

found you this morning but didn't have enough time to read before work

sounds like a fabulous start to your trip! Up early, easy flight, right on ME and room ready I'm with C though...not sure I could stop for food at the airport on arrival...too excited to get there

June 2008, WDW with the entire family, May 2010, Girls only...woohoo!
June 2011, Two week blowout, December 2013, Christmas with the Mouse
Old 09-14-2010, 08:35 PM   #127
k_reile
Slowly converting my son into a Disney lover!

wow...9 pages...i am really behind! We used the little spot between the kitchenette and the doorway for Caleb's crib! It worked awesome and was like his own little room! But we were at the Beach Club but I am sure it is set up the same!
Old 09-14-2010, 08:46 PM   #128
wigdoutdismom
DIS Veteran

Dang Brook, will I ever get caught up? We'll be hanging out with the clown in 6 weeks!
Old 09-14-2010, 09:06 PM   #129
wigdoutdismom
DIS Veteran

Love the video of Henry jumping on the bed, so cute! We fell in love with the Boardwalk when we stayed there last spring break. It's such a pretty resort! Even with that clown!
Glad the trip down went smoothly, can't wait to read more!
Old 09-14-2010, 09:17 PM   #130
trinaweena
DIS Veteran

I'm here! Great start so far! I'm already jealous!
July 2009 Wilderness Lodge
July 2010 Animal Kindgdom Lodge
May 2012 1st cruise on the magic plus 4 days in WDW!
Old 09-14-2010, 09:59 PM   #131
*dreamit*doit*
Mouseketeer

Page 9 already!!! Okay, need to catch up! Soooo looking forward to this!!
Old 09-14-2010, 10:02 PM   #132
moparop
DIS Veteran

What a great start to the trip! You got every good trip vibe there is. Well, of course, except for IT. I was afraid IT was going to be a flashback to your trip from two years ago. So glad for all around that it was not!

We were at Chick-Fil-A tonight. I totally thought of you while eating. We're there most Tuesdays. Kids eat free and they provide crafts for them to do too. We are pretty much junkies!
Old 09-14-2010, 10:19 PM   #133
photographymom517
DIS Veteran

So glad you had a great travel day! I always stress out the most about that day...just something about all the things that might possibly go wrong that stresses me out! I try so hard not to let it (I did a little better this past trip...lol)

That's great that Joe was able to change his flight without any additional fees!

I know what you mean about Chick-Fil-A...isn't it great? We have one about 30 minutes from our house! Actually, we have one that's 25 minutes South of us and one that's 30 minutes West of us! I don't eat there near as often as I'd like! lol I always get the original chicken sandwich like you got & just add a little ketchup to the top (I'm weird about it...the ketchup has to be on the opposite side of the chicken as the pickle!) And I love those waffle fries!!! Yum!!!

Loved the pictures of the Boardwalk!!! I remember driving by it on the boat on the way to the BC/YC and thinking how pretty it must be inside! And it truly is!!!

The picture of Henry on the bed is absolutely adorable!!! Its great to see that he was enjoying himself as soon as you arrived...Luke does the same thing (jumping on the bed first & then exploring the room!)

I loved the views from your room! Absolutely gorgeous!!!

Can't wait to hear more!!!

Last edited by photographymom517; 09-14-2010 at 10:25 PM.
Old 09-14-2010, 10:34 PM   #134
brookelizabeth
Jambo Wildbunch Gang

Quote:
Originally Posted by burly View Post
Brooke i finally found your trip report!
Great start so far. It will keep me going until i go to WDW myself in 16 sleeps.
Henry is soooo cutie pie. Of course i may be partial, being a redhead myself!

Looking forward to more.

KIM
What a sec...16 sleeps? Didn't you just get back??? I'm jealous!!!!! (or am I confusing you with another DISer in my "I attempted to potty train my 3 year old today" exhaustion?)

Quote:
Originally Posted by claryche View Post
First let me say that you make traveling alone with a 3 year old sound easy. You are one brave woman.

The room looks wonderful. Love the mickey heads on the dresser. It's the small touches, that Disney does so well.

My DS loves hotel/resort rooms. He loves the drawers though for some reason. So I understand Henry not wanting to leave. I still remember when my DS was 2 and a half and we were at Disney we had gone to AK for our first full day and had gotten back to the room around 5, ate and then asked my DS if he wanted to go to MK, he said no. We asked do you want to do anything or just stay in the room and be bored. And he said "stay in room, be bored". So we did. Little boys are just funny sometimes. Good thing they are just so dag gum cute.
I was nervous about the traveling. I tried to make it as easy as possible with as few things as possible. It was WAY smoother than I ever imagined! A million things could have gone wrong, but nothing did.

That is so cute about your DS! Henry loved our room too and wanted to stay in it a few times, in the evening, so we did! He also got very into the pool.

Quote:
Originally Posted by honeydiane1953 View Post
I am enjoying this report and love the pix. I would love to stay there but not with the creepy clown no waaaay.
They have 2 other clown-free pools! He can be avoided.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D!SNEYgram View Post
So excited that you have started your TR! I am glad you had a good arrival day. The room looks great. I can't wait to read more.
I was hoping to get more up today, but it just didn't happen...maybe tomorrow.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charleston Princess View Post
What an awesome travel day! You definitely had some Disney mojo going on right from the start! So glad Joe was able to switch his flight and avoid Earl, you were able to try and fall in love with Chick-Fil-A, and you have a beautiful room at the Boardwalk. Seriously beautiful! Now I want to stay there even more! Henry jumping on the bed is just adorable! Isn't it cute what kids decide they like to do? Oh, and how sweet of the CMs to tell Henry Happy Birthday! Wish we had the two of you dancing onto ME on video! The only two snags to your day so far have been the seat mix-up and having to change a diaper, and those are so minimal, I don't think they count! Can't wait to see what the two of you decided to do around the resort!
It really as a VERY smooth travel day. So many things could have gone wrong, I could have been exhausted and pulling my hair out, but that Disney magic kicked into high gear instantly!
Feb 2014 - Vero Beach ... Sept 2013 - CR/Disney Fantasy...March 2013 - AKL/SSR/POR ... Oct 2012 - OKW ... Sept 2012 - Disney Magic ... June 2012 - Disney Magic ... Jan 2012 - PPH/VGC ... Aug 2011 - Pop/YC/OKW ... May 2011 - ASMo ... Feb/March 2011 - BWV/BLT ... Sept 2010 - BWV ... Dec/Jan 2009/10 - AKV ... Sept 2009 - CSR ... Jan 2009 - SSR ... Nov 2008 - WL ... Oct 2006 - AKL
Old 09-14-2010, 10:34 PM   #135
PixieDustandEeyore
DIS Veteran

Seriously chick fil a is the best. Though Im complicated I usually add cheese to the original and switch out for the wheat bun it is soo good. I didnt know chicken could be so heavenly seasoned!

Great start the boardwalk seems real nice!!!
Seriously though Henry is so stinkin' cute makes me want kids of my own ! lol

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: