Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-14-2010, 08:38 AM   #106
dekkerdisneydreamer
Raising Disneyholics one at a time!

Quote:
Originally Posted by brookelizabeth View Post
Continued from previous post
Then I looked out to see what kind of view we would have.

BEAUTIFUL!!!!!!!!!
Wow!! What luck with your view! That would've brought tears to my eyes too. This is one property I really want to stay at, so I'm looking forward to your thoughts on it.

Old 09-14-2010, 08:40 AM   #107
eandesmom
I'm with Beast

what a perfect first morning! Isn't that the BEST feeling? Waking up just before you need to all on your own?

I know it sounds silly but I'm like you....I may not have 4 alarms (though have been known to on work trips between cell phone, wake up call and the clock in the room, not totally trusting any of them) but I can hit snooze for an hour, every day, without batting an eye.

LOVE the room pics, so pretty!!!!!!!!!!!!

I still can't get over how light you travel.

Major pixie dust all around so far, love it!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-14-2010, 08:44 AM   #108
3prettyprincesses
"These pretzels are making me thirsty!"

Fabulous update Brook! I love your descriptive narrative too, I love details!

I seriously laughed out loud when I read about your vast array of alarm clocks! That was me in college. I used to be a very heavy sleeper and it usually took my sweet room mate dragging me by the feet to get me actually up! I think I was always in denial that it was time to get up or something? I'm better now but I still don't always hear my alarm!

Ok, I'm going to have to agree with Tim and ask how the heck you managed to pack you AND Henry in a backpack?? The laws of physics totally negate that possibility! If indeed you DID pack that smartly, well, you should write a book or host a segment on Martha Stewart!

Wow, you had excellent Disney magic while traveling and when arriving! I hope it continued. I love that the CM's made a big deal out sweet Henry's b-day button! The rooms are lovely at BWV too. And your view was amazing, so pretty! Henry looks so thrilled to be there, jumping away on the bed and watching himself in the mirror! Adorable. And I totally understand your teary-eyed feelings about being there. It's just a special place and nowhere else makes me feel that way.

How is it humanly possible that you do NOT have a Chick-fil-a?? I'm seriously baffled. The original chicken sandwich is one of my favs and guess what else? At Christmas time, they have a peppermint milk shake. Oh Brook, it's like this drink fell from the heavens, it's that good! Better IMO (don't get upset!) than the shamrock shakes from Mcd's. There, I said it! Please don't kick me off your trip report!
Old 09-14-2010, 09:06 AM   #109
loritemp
Celebrating my birthday in style...Disney Style!

oh my gosh...Oh My Gosh...OH MY GOSH!!!! Love love the pics of BW!!! I am so hoping we can book it for our March trip, just waiting to officially be in the Disney system

Henry is like a seasoned traveller now, fabulous! So glad it went so well.

I am so excited to hear more!!
Old 09-14-2010, 09:32 AM   #110
Hasil72
DIS Veteran

Joining in the fun after stalking the PTR. I'm loving all the pics since I didn't follow on FB. They are FABULOUS!

As for you who have yet to experience Chick Fil A, I am so so sorry.

Let's go Dec 2011!
Old 09-14-2010, 09:58 AM   #111
heaven2dc
DIS Veteran

What a magical morning you had already! We had a room on the third floor below you back in Feb 2008 with a huge balcony! It's great that you didn't make any requests and got such a fabulous view

WDW Trips: March 1997 (BWV), February 2008 (BWV), December 2008 (BWV), Nov/Dec 2010 (BWV)

Disneyland Trips: September 1983, AP Holder July 2013 (twice), August 2013 & November 2013

All Our Dreams Come True If We Have the Courage To Pursue Them - Walt Disney
Old 09-14-2010, 10:29 AM   #112
999ghostslover
DIS Veteran

I'm in! Love your TR so far. Very impressed that you were able to do it by yourself. Your son is so sweet.

We will be traveling with a turning 3 year old on the trip so I can't wait to see all that Henry is able to do to get an idea for my DS.

And Chick-Fil-A rocks. We have a ton here. But I would give them all away for 1 Dunkin Donuts. Heck, I would give away a kid for that.

And in the future...the chick Fil A kids meals have notoriously lame toys but you can trade the toy for ice cream if you want. Yum!

Keep the updates coming!
Old 09-14-2010, 10:47 AM   #113
Connie96
Mouseketeer

That is one very beautiful view. We stayed at BWI in 2004. We had the room on the corner right over the yellow awning (over the candy shop, I think?). We spent a lot of time just sitting on that balcony and soaking it up.

Sounds like yall had an amazing start! Can't wait to hear more.
Old 09-14-2010, 10:56 AM   #114
onescgirl
DIS Veteran

Girl, I cannot believe you have never had Chick-fil-a before! I'm eating there for lunch today. Open one up in NYC & you will be rich!!!!

I'm glad you had a great trip down.
Henry looked so cute jumping around in the room. And, your view was awesome!!!!!

How many SD cards did you use? You're making me think I may need to buy some extra ones with the amount of pictures you took.

2012 PTR In Progress: 2012 PTR ~ Skipping Skool for Free Dining!
Trip Report: Sept 2010 TR ~ ♥ Vacay with the Lovebugs ♥ ~ 2010 PTR: 2010 PTR ~ 'The Non-Catchy Title PTR'

Old 09-14-2010, 11:16 AM   #115
ethansmommy
Disney Planner

What a great view you had at the BW. Out of all the trips we have made to Disney we have never been down to the BoardWalk area, I am going to try and make it this year. Can you get to the boardwalk area from epcot?? Im trying to think of the easiest way.

"Every story has an end, but in life every ending is just a new begining."

Past Trips: Jan '08-WL, April '08-AKL, Sept '08-WL,
Jan '09-WL, May '09-off-site, Nov '09-Poly, Nov '10-WLV, Nov '11-WL
Future Trips: Nov '13-WL
Old 09-14-2010, 11:38 AM   #116
IBelieveInTheMagic
DIS Veteran

I loved the official first update!! I remember seeing the Chic Fil A sandwich picture on FB and giggled. We live in the land of Chic Fil A and I guess we're fortunate. They make great food and I'm pretty sure they have ties to being, how do I say...a religious company because they are closed on Sunday's and their CEO speaks to this quite often. Not sure if you knew that trivia or not

Keep them coming - no pressure!

Heather
WDW: 11/2008 (MVMCP), 9-10/2009 (MNSSHP, F&W, Pirates Pal Cruise & Pirates League), 4/2010 (Flower & Garden Festival & Jedi Training), 10/2010 (MNSSHP & F&W), 6/2011 (SWW & Universal Studios), 11/2011 Girls Trip (MVMCP & Osborne Lights), 6/2012 and 11/2012 (Osborne Lights), and WDW/MNSSHP 10/2013.
DCL (Gold!): 6/2012 (KSC & Dream), 8/2012 (Dream), 12/2012 Mom & I (Fantasy), 6/2013 (Wonder-Alaska!), 9/2013 Dream (girls cruise) & 12/2013 Dream (girls cruise), & 1/2014 Magic. Next: 4/2014 (Fantasy) & 6/2015 (Magic-Europe)
Old 09-14-2010, 12:12 PM   #117
loritemp
Celebrating my birthday in style...Disney Style!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ethansmommy View Post
What a great view you had at the BW. Out of all the trips we have made to Disney we have never been down to the BoardWalk area, I am going to try and make it this year. Can you get to the boardwalk area from epcot?? Im trying to think of the easiest way.
It's super simple...take the international gateway, it's a little walk way coming from the UK right before France. You can hop on a boat or take a quick walk right ot the boardwalk area!!
Old 09-14-2010, 12:54 PM   #118
chloe770
Isn't it just more fun to be surprised?
Without SpongeBob I would never get anything done

Brook - if you ever travel over into New Jersey they have Chick-Fil-A's there. I think the closest one to the city would be Paramus Mall maybe. Don't know for sure. I do know I have 2 with 5 miles of me Probably the only fast food I will eat. Love the lemonade too.
Old 09-14-2010, 01:35 PM   #120
disneydusted
DIS Veteran

Yay, awesome start! Loved the alarm clock story!
The photo of Henry on the bed by the pillows is so cute! He looks full of fun mischief! Again, I love your view, love the Boardwalk, so happy you liked it!
It's fun to have followed you on FB and now getting all of the details... it's like you are there again!

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: