Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-14-2010, 06:28 AM   #91
kschafer
DIS Veteran

So this is where you have all been hiding out

Yep, just finding you...going back to read now!

June 2008, WDW with the entire family, May 2010, Girls only...woohoo!
June 2011, Two week blowout, December 2013, Christmas with the Mouse
Old 09-14-2010, 06:28 AM   #92
2xcited2sleep
DIS Veteran

What a great start to your day!! I am dying to try Chick-Fil-A but I think it may have to be on the way home. Once I get to MCO, I'm not sure I can stand to do anything but go straight to ME as fast as my legs will carry me!

The rooms look great and I can't believe the luck you had with the view!!

Great pictures as always!!

Looking forward to hearing where you went exploring!

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-14-2010, 06:39 AM   #93
onelilspark
DIS Veteran

Oh look at that view!! :
Old 09-14-2010, 06:46 AM   #94
TyRy
Part of the problem is I wear my shorts
It is making me nutty

So glad you had such luck with your travels and check-in...that always makes for a great start to vacation. And I love that Henry has his own "jumping on the bed" tradition firmly in place.

I have to admit we tried Chick-fil-A once on a drive to WDW and we were not impressed (ducking now!) Maybe it was an off day or store, but I had so wanted to love it and it was just bad. So bad that DH actually agreed to stop somewhere else and get something else...you know it was not good if he agreed to that. We may have to try the one at MCO and see if we like it any better.
Mickey's Hand is Back in my Pocket - A Trippie for Sept/Oct 08 and 1st Trip Home to AKV
Trip of New Phases, Friends & 40 - Sept 09 - CR/AKV
*A Giraffe Meets the Beach - Oct '10 BCV/AKV* *Oct '11 AKV/Poly *1st Birthday Trip and Disney Dream Cruise - Dec '11 AKV* *Oct '12 - 18 days! AKVJ, BWV, AKVK*
*Nov 2013 AKVJ* *Extra May 2014 Trip SSR*
Old 09-14-2010, 06:51 AM   #95
wdwgirl03
I'm just a big Disney Freak! :-)
I will throw a party the day I get a tag!!!
I am pretty wimpy when it comes to thrill rides

Yay, I feel so honored to have gotten mentioned in this TR. I told you Chick-Fil-A is good! That is what I always say, the chicken is sooo juicy. Somebody I work with told me there is one somewhere in WI (not very close to where I live sadly) so I might have to go find it. haha

Love all the BW pictures! So glad your travels went smoothly and you made it safely.
'91-Disney villas '93, '95, '97, '99, '01, '02-Polynesian '03-All Star Sports '05-All Star Movies; offsite- Universal/Disney Oct. '06, Dec. '07/Jan. '08-Saratoga Springs May '08-Animal Kingdom Lodge Dec. '08-Beach Club Villas Aug. '09-Villas @ the Wilderness Lodge April '10-Kidani Village Aug. '10-Saratoga Springs Mar. '11-Old Key West Oct. '11-Saratoga Springs April '12-Boardwalk Villas April '13-Bay Lake Tower Aug. '13-Pop Century Dec. '13-Saratoga Springs April '14-Pop Century UPCOMING TRIP: Dec. '14-DISNEYLAND!!!
*DVC member since 2006*

Disneyland- '04, '06

Check out my past TRs: Mar./April '11 Oct. '11 CURRENT TR: APRIL '13 TR APRIL '13 PTR facebook Twitter/Instagram:mugirl0307
Old 09-14-2010, 07:09 AM   #96
that's nice
DDC #330

Maybe the entire internet is slowing down because of this thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poolrat View Post
Really???? The proper response should be
PAGE 5 already ???? That's nice!
EXACTLY!!!! LOL That was proper form!

Brooke- Did I miss the part where you had luggage? Did you do Disney for a week with just a backpack of clothes?
(I'm assuming your DH took the bag(s))

Hurray for someone offering you a seat on the bus. Nice to see there are chivalric people out there. (I think I used this word right )

Glad your flight was smooth... no booger pickin' huh?

Chick-fil-a is so good isn't it. Are you sure there isn't one in the city? I find that so hard to believe. Want to open a franchise with me down there.... it would make a killing!

Henry must of got a kick out of the CM's singing to him... how cute!

The room was awesome and the view was amazing!!!!!! You were rolling on all cylinders this morning!!!!!!
Old 09-14-2010, 07:13 AM   #97
praisehisname
DIS Veteran

So glad Henry was such a great traveling companion for you since you were alone! It really does sound like the trip down went extremely smooth!

Yay for Chick-Fil-A!!! Did you put anything on your sandwich (mayo, sauce)? I always ask them to leave off the pickle. Did you get the lemonade? Best lemonade ever!

Wow, I can't say enough about how beautiful your room was! I so want to stay at Boardwalk now!

07/87 DLR***05/98 All-Star Music***01/04 Polynesian/4-night Wonder***02/05 7-night Magic Eastern***
09/07 Beach Club***10/08 7-night Magic Special Western (double-dipping at Castaway Cay!!!)
***12/09 Pop Century***08/13 7 night Fantasy Western

Old 09-14-2010, 07:25 AM   #98
dekkerdisneydreamer
Raising Disneyholics one at a time!

Quote:
Originally Posted by brookelizabeth View Post
You know what's funny is before I saw your username I saw your avatar and thought, "Oh is shebaxric!" and then I saw dekkerdisneydreamer. It is YOU though! So, yep, I remember! How are you??? And forgive me, but all the time is blurring together - were you planning to go THIS November, or last? You were pregnant too, right??? How is all that going? I cannot remember when you were due!

I cannot believe it's been since the DELLS. Whoa. Has it been that long??? That means your trip was last November right?
My trip was last November. Madelyn has kept me very busy, she'll be three months old on Saturday. If it's okay with you, I'll post a pic of her here. I seem to remember something about the family moving to NYC, and I see from your Central Park Zoo post, it happened! As soon as I get enough posts, I'll PM you. Glad to see you've been back to Disney. We're going back in October 2011 and planning on staying at AKV.
Old 09-14-2010, 07:29 AM   #99
vamassey1
DIS Veteran

Wonderful arrival!

Beautiful room and great pictures. I love the pics of Henry jumping on the bed. No wonder he didn't want to leave the room.

April 83- Choir trip offsite
Sept 99- Hilton Hotel Plaza
March 02-Movies
Thanksgiving 02-Marriott Hotel Plaza
Mardi Gras 04-Movies
New Years 06-POP
May 07-POP
June 09-POP
Mardi Gras 10-POFQ
Mardi Gras 12-PORS
Old 09-14-2010, 07:43 AM   #100
mandas08
Mouseketeer

I also love Chick-fil-A...so yummy. Luckily we have one about a mile from our apartment. We dont visit it as much as we should tho . You room looks amazing! Its really nice but at the same time laid back and relaxing. I would love to have a view like that!!!
Old 09-14-2010, 07:49 AM   #101
Tinkerbellarella
I was all like, "Um, well...that's different

Tink hearts Chik-fil-A.
Much like Tink hearts MANY restaurants NOT realistically accessible to her but the TV INSISTS on advertising, like:

Cici's
Sonic
Golden Corral

::shakes fist::

But what a WONDERFUL travel day for you guys! LOTS of Disney mojo going on.

Old 09-14-2010, 07:58 AM   #102
jenjolt
Loves All Things Disney!

WOW what an amazing arrival day!! I'm so glad everything worked out for you!!!!!

WHAT A VIEW!! Oh Brook I hope I get some of your pixie dust and I get a room like that in January!! I think your picture brought tears to my eyes and to think I'm going to be there in 4 short months!!! WOOT WOOT!!!!

Love the pictures of Henry jumping on the bed!! What fun was had!!

Can't wait for more!

My Magical Trips to Disney:6/2012,1/2012,10/2011, 6/2011, 5/2011, 1/2011, 5/2010, 1/2010, 10/2009, 5/2009,
1/2009, 3/2007, 5/2005 , 10/1992: First Trip to Disney (Thanks Dad!)
Old 09-14-2010, 08:05 AM   #103
dawnbu40
DIS Veteran

Ok so our room pictures are going to look identical except ours lack the adorable 3 year old

Glad your arrival went so smoothly!

Old 09-14-2010, 08:15 AM   #104
gellybean
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by brookelizabeth View Post

Before I was married I used four alarm clocks.

One real alarm clock that I could set 2 alarms on. A radio with a clock. My cell phone.

I set them ALL each night before going to bed, the first one would ring 2 hours before I had to get up and then the others would ring in 20 minute intervals.

My roommate LOVED me.

That's awesomeness!!! And I thought *I* was bad setting my alarm 30 mins ahead of time!!!!

Gotta love that Disney excitement that makes any sleep deprivation disappear!!! Love that! LOVE the feeling of waking up that first morninig of a vacation with it all ahead of you!

Good. Really, really good. I get the obsession now! It's done just right. The bun just has butter on it, and there are pickles - so it's basic, and kinda like McDonald's Southern Style Sandwich...but so much better! The chicken is nice and juicy....delish. My mouth is watering thinking about it - we seriously need this in NYC!

AHEM. I think you mean the McDonald's Southern Style Sandwich is like the Chick Fil A Original.

Honestly I don't know what came first... but I know down here in Texas, we had Chick Fil A long time before the Southern Style hit McD's.

I've been eating Chick Fil since I was a preteen. Back when the only ones they had were in the mall. Before they were a free standing fast food joint like all the others. Least that's how it was here in Texas. They originated in Georgia, Atlanta I think. They never open on Sundays for religious reasons. The founder of Chick Fil A stayed at the Ritz Carlton a lot, after he made it in the chicken sandwich business and liked the way the employees at the Ritz treated their guests so much that he adopted their "My pleasure" response for Chick Fil A employees.

Kinda cool huh?

It's my second favorite company, next to Disney of course!

Henry chose the 2nd row seat for us to sit in. We got settled and then I smelled IT.

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhh no!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

gellybean you know what I'm talking about.

BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! I'm so sorry you had the IT bomb hit you on the ME! It's NOT fun when it hits the airplane. I can't imagine it on a bus!
IT.

I had just changed Henry before Chick-Fil-A, yet here IT was.

All the CMs were right outside of our bus, so I try to be discrete about asking them if I had time to change a
poopy diaper.

"Someone is in LABOR?!" a female CM asks.

Oh that's brilliant!

So I say it louder and they all laugh with relief.

A CM motions to a bench that is out of the sight of the buses and we were fresh in no time, back on the bus -- and it pulled away minutes later.

Thank goodness for discrete set to the side benches!

One happy little boy!

I'm so in with this picture of Henry! Awww-dor-able!

Such a big boy! I bet he loved seeing his reflection in the mirror as he jumped! Love the impromptu dancing in line! I have noticed lately the little things that are different when it's just me and Jack Jack so I get what you mean about those rare moments with a mom and toddler, solo!

So glad you guys had some magic going on this morning! Your room view is AWESOME!

I totally didn't realize that you and Joe had secured his earlier flight that morning. Here I was thinking it was more last minute, surprise Brook I'm on my way, than that! Glad you guys erred on the side of caution and had him join y'all ahead of Earl!

Can't wait to read more!!!!

Read all about our special needs, miracle daughter Violet @ http://youjustmightfindyougetwhatyouneed.blogspot.com/

September 2012 PTR - I actually just squealed with excitement!! We are going back! Baby girl's 1st trip!! Nemo Suite at AoA

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: