Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-13-2010, 10:51 PM   #76
brookelizabeth
Jambo Wildbunch Gang

Continued from previous post

Standing in the far corner near the table and chairs

Standing in the other corner, near the couch

Then I looked out to see what kind of view we would have.

BEAUTIFUL!!!!!!!!!

I literally got tears in my eyes! It had been such a smooth travel day - a million things could have gone wrong, but everything went very, very right. And here we were, in Disney World.

Looking right

Looking all the way left

View from the couch

Mickey heads on the chest of drawers

After a short while I suggested to Henry that we go exploring.

He had ZERO interest. He just wanted to jump on that bed!

So I let him.

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=500090284#!/video/video.php?v=10150243555540285&ref=mf

We laughed and tumbled around together for a bit longer until I finally did convince him that we should go explore, I knew once we got out of the room, he would love it.

But, where should we go? What should we do? Joe's new flight didn't land until later that evening, so we had a few hours...
Feb 2014 - Vero Beach ... Sept 2013 - CR/Disney Fantasy...March 2013 - AKL/SSR/POR ... Oct 2012 - OKW ... Sept 2012 - Disney Magic ... June 2012 - Disney Magic ... Jan 2012 - PPH/VGC ... Aug 2011 - Pop/YC/OKW ... May 2011 - ASMo ... Feb/March 2011 - BWV/BLT ... Sept 2010 - BWV ... Dec/Jan 2009/10 - AKV ... Sept 2009 - CSR ... Jan 2009 - SSR ... Nov 2008 - WL ... Oct 2006 - AKL
Old 09-13-2010, 11:18 PM   #77
DWGal210
DIS Veteran

Oh Brooke!! I love your BW pictures!

Henry looks so sweet jumping on the bed...what fun he's having!

I love arrival day . Great update!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-13-2010, 11:25 PM   #78
brookelizabeth
Jambo Wildbunch Gang

Quote:
Originally Posted by heaven2dc View Post
My goodness!! Page 5 already?!! You ARE popular Henry is SOOO cute - I can't wait to read all about your trip to my favorite places (WDW and BWV)!!
I can see why BWV is one of your favorite places! LOVED that resort. I took lots of pics, so hopefully they "take you home".

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenjolt View Post
I'm here!!!!! WOOT WOOT!! What a great birthday for Henry! He's such a cutie!!!!!!
Thanks Jen! It was a great day! Next year I'm sure we'll be having a friends party, so I gotta gear up for a bunch of little ones running around crazy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2xcited2sleep View Post
Per your family and now per much of the DIS, his name SHALL be George! Wonder how long before a plaque appears with his name?
I'm thinking next trip to BWV I'll have to get a DISign shirt with "I heart George" or something on it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by claryche View Post
Wow, I miss checking your PTR for one day, and I end up this far behind. Saw the pics of Henry on FB today and loved them. It looked like a wonderful birthday celebration.

Looking forward to your TR.
It's been busy around here!! Glad you found us though! It was a very nice birthday, low key, but fun!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by that's nice View Post
Guess I am WAY late to this party... page 5? PAGE 5??????

I really cannot believe it.

Oh well... I'm here now!
Tim! Glad you found me. You are just fashionably late.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenseib View Post
You should've! LOL! I would've loved it. She hasn't shown it to him yet. She's too busy singing and dancing right now. I need to get her to bed though.
I really should have, Claire wouldn't have "gotten it", but you and Skip sure would have!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poolrat View Post
Really???? The proper response should be
PAGE 5 already ???? That's nice!

I am trying to catch up and I just missed the link yesterday. 5 pages WOW.
I am here, coughing, wheezing and sneezing but here.

I have heard the guards at BW call the clown Krusty.
Yes! It should have been "that's nice!" I gotta remember to start using that too...

Ugh - it is not fun being sick. At least you weren't last week though! I hope it goes away quickly.

Krusty makes a lot of sense...but it kinda skeeves me out!

Quote:
Originally Posted by IluvXU View Post
I am way back page wise... but loved the FB updates and all. We loved the Boardwalk pool in June, and I roamed with Luke the hotel a bit... looking forward to lots of pics, it is in the running for June in where we want to stay.
Glad you found me!! Isn't the pool there great? It really is a very, very nice resort. Some of those hallways can be loooooooong, so if you go end up choosing it, requesting something near the elevator is a good idea. We walked them a bit and couldn't believe how far it was! I think they are longer than Jambo/Kidani.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexorg View Post
Ah, caught this one only five pages in... Was watching on Facebook and Twitter, but looking forward to the rest of the story.
Hey you!!! Long time no see! Glad you made it over here!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by seamama71 View Post
I haven't gotten to FB, but looking forward to your TR here - I'm going pretty technology-free on our trip, so I'll have much to look forward to upon our return next week!
BTW, you take wonderful pictures of Henry! It doesn't hurt that he is so adorable
It will be nice to have a technology free vacation! I probably won't get toooooo far, but hopefully there will at least be a couple updates for you.

Thank you for the kind compliments about Henry and my pictures! I Usually take a TON of him, several of even the same shot to try and get that exact one I want. Gotta love a digital camera!

HAVE A WONDERFUL TRIP!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by coneygoil View Post
A new trip report! How exciting! Can't wait for more
Thanks for joining with me over here!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KristiMc View Post
Love the pictures of Henry from his birthday. Can't wait to read about the whole trip.
Thank you!!! It was an awesome trip, I'm so excited to write about it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by photographymom517 View Post
Too funny...I was on your PTR report last night & was definitely still on DIS around midnight last night...but I missed your TR beginning until now!

Wow...you have 5 pages already! Congrats for that! Thats great for a 24 hour period!

Your pictures from the zoo & Henry's birthday are too cute! It looks like you both had a wonderful day!

I can't wait to read all about your trip!!!
It has been busy around here!! Hopefully I can keep up with the pace.

We really did have a great day at the zoo! It was simple, but very fun. The Central Park Zoo is great for little ones too - just the right size!
Feb 2014 - Vero Beach ... Sept 2013 - CR/Disney Fantasy...March 2013 - AKL/SSR/POR ... Oct 2012 - OKW ... Sept 2012 - Disney Magic ... June 2012 - Disney Magic ... Jan 2012 - PPH/VGC ... Aug 2011 - Pop/YC/OKW ... May 2011 - ASMo ... Feb/March 2011 - BWV/BLT ... Sept 2010 - BWV ... Dec/Jan 2009/10 - AKV ... Sept 2009 - CSR ... Jan 2009 - SSR ... Nov 2008 - WL ... Oct 2006 - AKL
Old 09-13-2010, 11:31 PM   #79
brookelizabeth
Jambo Wildbunch Gang

Quote:
Originally Posted by DWGal210 View Post
Oh Brooke!! I love your BW pictures!

Henry looks so sweet jumping on the bed...what fun he's having!

I love arrival day . Great update!
Again! Look how fast you are!

Henry had a BALL on that bed. As soon as he saw it, he commented on Mickey and then wanted to JUMP. I didn't even remind him that he was allowed, he remembered!
Old 09-14-2010, 12:18 AM   #80
burly
DIS Veteran

Brooke i finally found your trip report!
Great start so far. It will keep me going until i go to WDW myself in 16 sleeps.
Henry is soooo cutie pie. Of course i may be partial, being a redhead myself!

Looking forward to more.

KIM
Old 09-14-2010, 12:22 AM   #81
claryche
DIS Veteran

First let me say that you make traveling alone with a 3 year old sound easy. You are one brave woman.

The room looks wonderful. Love the mickey heads on the dresser. It's the small touches, that Disney does so well.

My DS loves hotel/resort rooms. He loves the drawers though for some reason. So I understand Henry not wanting to leave. I still remember when my DS was 2 and a half and we were at Disney we had gone to AK for our first full day and had gotten back to the room around 5, ate and then asked my DS if he wanted to go to MK, he said no. We asked do you want to do anything or just stay in the room and be bored. And he said "stay in room, be bored". So we did. Little boys are just funny sometimes. Good thing they are just so dag gum cute.
Old 09-14-2010, 01:08 AM   #82
honeydiane1953
DIS Veteran

I am enjoying this report and love the pix. I would love to stay there but not with the creepy clown no waaaay.
Old 09-14-2010, 01:55 AM   #83
D!SNEYgram
Earning My Ears

So excited that you have started your TR! I am glad you had a good arrival day. The room looks great. I can't wait to read more.
Old 09-14-2010, 05:38 AM   #84
Charleston Princess
DIS Veteran

What an awesome travel day! You definitely had some Disney mojo going on right from the start! So glad Joe was able to switch his flight and avoid Earl, you were able to try and fall in love with Chick-Fil-A, and you have a beautiful room at the Boardwalk. Seriously beautiful! Now I want to stay there even more! Henry jumping on the bed is just adorable! Isn't it cute what kids decide they like to do? Oh, and how sweet of the CMs to tell Henry Happy Birthday! Wish we had the two of you dancing onto ME on video! The only two snags to your day so far have been the seat mix-up and having to change a diaper, and those are so minimal, I don't think they count! Can't wait to see what the two of you decided to do around the resort!
Old 09-14-2010, 05:50 AM   #85
MeMom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by brookelizabeth View Post

BEAUTIFUL!!!!!!!!!

Mickey heads on the chest of drawers
Love that view!

The Mickey touch on the furniture is cool.
Understated, but still representin'.
Mingos in da Watah! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2758143
Geen Yight: She's Out of Sight! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2677011
My Name is NOT Broccoli www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2611094
From Pop to the Top www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2495977
Mother, May I? Yes, You May www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2448482
Ringing in 2010 www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2356794
Brooklynn Takes Bella to Meet Cinderella www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2209387
A Two Short, Too Different Spring Break Trip www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2122295
Over the river and through the FUN! http://www.disboards.com/showthread....1#post29060069
A Ten Day Ride on a Magic Camel www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1869591
Baby and the Tramp...and a Pop Half Century www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1470678

We've stayed at Pop Century, All Star Sports, All Star Movies, All Star Music, French Quarter, Wilderness Lodge, Animal Kingdom Lodge, Art of Animation, Beach Club, Vero Beach, Kidani Village and Saratoga Springs - many trips, and many wonderful, magical memories made.
Old 09-14-2010, 06:30 AM   #86
BrooklynnsMommy
DIS Veteran

Love the update. Love the view from your room - absolutely gorgeous! So glad you guys got Joe's ticket changed and without a fee!
Old 09-14-2010, 06:31 AM   #87
mickeysmyboy

DIS Veteran

Woo hoo for everything going so smoothly! Perfect for you traveling alone with Henry! I had wondered how you were getting to the airport but forgot to ask! I'm glad someone gave up their seat for you!

Your lunch sounds yummy! We'll have to try it one of these days!

Oh no, IT! Poor you! Good thing he decided to do IT before the bus left not after!

I love, love, love the pictures of BW! It looks so pretty! I can't wait until March! Henry looks like he's having such a good time jumping on the bed!
Old 09-14-2010, 07:06 AM   #88
KristiMc
DIS Veteran

Great beginning to your trip. Your room was beautiful. I will have to add Boardwalk Villas to my list of must-stays.
Old 09-14-2010, 07:14 AM   #89
princess&her4princes
DIS Veteran

What a great morning so far! Henry seemed like he was a great traveling companion for you!!

Love Chic-fil-A, we had them in Philly and they are delish, they don't have them here in MA, anymore, so we always eat them when we're out visiting Todds family. YUM!!!

So glad that you got Joe's ticket switched over and WOOHOO for no fee!

What a beautiful view at the resort, just gorgeous and the weather looked fabulous, too!!!

Can't wait to here more!!!!
Old 09-14-2010, 07:25 AM   #90
PrincessCaitlin
DIS Veteran

Henry looks so cute and excited/sleepy!

That sandwich from Chick-Fil-A looks soo good!

That's adorable that you and Henry danced to the bus

Good shot of the welcome gate!

Henry takes part in one of my favorite "we are at disney moments" jumping on the bed yes at almost 20 I still get a kick out of jumping on the bed although I don't like nearly as cute as Henry when he does it

Ugh looking at your pics makes me miss Boardwalk

Great update!

The Hot Fudge Terrorists and the Curse of the Drunken Punkin

How Much was It?!?!?!?! The tale of our best trip ever!!!!

*The opinions and comments in the above post do not reflect the views, opinions, policies, or procedures of the Walt Disney Company or any of its subsidiaries or affiliates,
including but not limited to the Walt Disney World Resort and all other included areas.*

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: