Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-09-2010, 04:17 PM   #751
disneydusted
DIS Veteran

Brook, your pictures of the bakery treats makes me want to go back now!! We love that bakery! Everything in there is sooo good, and the smell coming down Main Street...Yum! DH is a very happy camper when we stop there!
Henry's delight in being in the MK is so sweet. I love how he talked about Mickey's house in the video.
So where did you go next??? Maybe COP? or... Swiss Family Robinson Treehouse? Do tell!
Old 10-09-2010, 06:34 PM   #752
TyRy
Part of the problem is I wear my shorts
It is making me nutty

I'm so sad that you finally made it for a RD and got totally gypped on the show. That would be something that would happen to us the one and only time we'd ever see it (not that we ever will in the near future!)

I'm going to guess that you are headed to one of the mountains next?
Mickey's Hand is Back in my Pocket - A Trippie for Sept/Oct 08 and 1st Trip Home to AKV
Trip of New Phases, Friends & 40 - Sept 09 - CR/AKV
*A Giraffe Meets the Beach - Oct '10 BCV/AKV* *Oct '11 AKV/Poly *1st Birthday Trip and Disney Dream Cruise - Dec '11 AKV* Oct '12 - 18 days! AKVJ, BWV, AKVK
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-09-2010, 08:40 PM   #753
moparop
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by brookelizabeth View Post
Awwwwwwww! So cute! I'm glad they liked it!!!! Henry loves those Buzz jammies too. It's getting too cool to wear them now, and I'm pretty sure they won't fit next year still. How big is Liam??? I cannot recall how old he is off hand, I want to say he's the same age as Henry, so he will be too big for them soon too though....the jammies are a 3T I believe.
They sure loved it! Liam is 4.5 as of Thursday. It's so sad how quickly they grow up.

Quote:

I was surprised not to see more P&F gear in the shops, it seems like a really popular show

It sure is! Evidence of this is that I am making costumes of two of the characters for the boys for Halloween.

Looks like a wonderful MK morning. We went to the Main Street Bakery for breakfast for the first time a few years ago. I was in charge of finding tables and Ryan was going to get food. He came back with a Krispie Kreme doughnut, a fruit cocktail and a rice krispie treat. Yeah, I felt robbed!
Old 10-09-2010, 08:58 PM   #754
MaryAz
DIS Veteran

Great FL update! Yummy treats for bkfst. Yay for construction pics.
Old 10-09-2010, 09:04 PM   #755
claryche
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Mickey also enjoyed the ride!

It was a HUGE hit!

I love these Mickey pictures. Especially the one of Mickey in the middle. Love how you can see his reflection in the spinner thingy. You can find a stuffed Mickey in alot of our Disney pictures also.

Being a one kid family, I love it when my DS choses to ride with me, but I'm fine with him riding with Daddy on the Indy cars, because he drives as well as Henry drives. You get bumped all over the place.

Great job on Henry picking a banana, but of course he picked that because he knew Mommy and Daddy would share.

Loving the report, like always. You are so good with the pictures. And I'm about to check out that other report of the newer construction pictures. And I'll try to take some pictures when I'm there next month. If I remember.
Old 10-09-2010, 09:46 PM   #756
luvfigment
Member of the 'Jambo! WildBunch'
DIS Veteran

Hey Brook! I am finally working on getting all caught up. I just made it throught the first day and it looks like a great day. Isn't Chik-Fil-A good? I used to eat it in MD all the time then when I moved back to RI they didn't have it. So when I would go visit my sister in VA I would have to block out time to go there. LOL. At least now we have one in Colorado about 5 mins away...too bad we are on diets. LOL

What an amazing view...I think I saw on FB you had a geat one. I am shocked that Joe didn't want Pizza...just from reading past TR he wil always eat Pizza.

So glad Henry was tall enough and enjoyed Soarin...such a magical day. Looking forward to catching up more and reading more about your trip!
1983 Off Property~1986 Polynesian~1987 Off Property~1988 Disney Village Resort~1989 CBR-Jamaica~1990 Swan~1992 CBR-Aruba~1994 Dixie Landings~1996 Dixie~1998 Grad Night at All Star Sports~ 1998 Dixie~1999 Yacht Club~2001 OKW~2004 Shades of Green~2005 AKL (DH's first trip)~2006 First trip to Disneyland-Paradise Pier~2006 AKL~Oct 2007 Disneymoon Polynesian~Sept. 2008 ASMu~Oct. 2008 Wilderness Lodge CL 1 yr Anniversary~Sept 2013 Wilderness Lodge~
Old 10-09-2010, 10:39 PM   #757
Tinker_Tam
DIS Veteran

Speaking of Chik-Fil-A, I think of you often. We are getting a new one by the grocery store we shop at!!! Can't wait to try it out! I hear they do a "free sandwich" day when they first open. I will have to be sure to make it there that day! Never had one before.
Old 10-09-2010, 11:12 PM   #758
eandesmom
I'm with Beast

I am having SERIOUS fantasyland envy. We didn't make it to most of those, either they aren't on the kids radar anymore or, lines were too long, or or or or.

I want your morning! Not that I didn't have fabulous ones but....still! It just sounds perfect! The lunching pad has never been open when we've been there but you just can't beat the Main Street Bakery!!!!!!!!!!!!

$4 for canned Illy is steep though.
Old 10-10-2010, 05:45 AM   #759
mickeysmyboy

DIS Veteran

Henry is so cute in those pictures! He looks like a happy, happy boy!

Your morning in fantasyland sounds wonderful! Isn't making rope drop wonderful! The lines are nothing!

I love the construction pics! I'm going to make DH go on dumbo with me just to get a look and take a few myself! Your right, Dumbo is quintessential disney! It's one of those things gives me that magical feeling inside!

All those wonderful treats at the bakery! I really looking forward to a Main Street Bakery breakfast! I may avoid the $4 iced cappuccino though! Yikes! You know, my target doesn't sell the Caribou iced coffee anymore! The have rows and rows of the starbucks iced mocha and things but I'm just not a fan!
Old 10-10-2010, 06:58 AM   #760
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

I am now hungry for something sweet. Darn you! LOL!
O am laughing so hard now about Push singing Zippidy Doodah! I keep singing that song to Skip and I tell him I am brainwashing him to only think good things when he here's it, and then he will want to get to Disney to hear it! LOL! Though Claire is not supportive. She likes the brainwashing idea (she has no clue what it means), but she really hates my singing, and she tells me to stop all the time.
Old 10-10-2010, 07:52 AM   #761
Charleston Princess
DIS Veteran

Fake opening show!!!

Yeay for Henry (and Mickey ) being so excited to see the Castle!!!

Great pictures of the expansion! I love seeing a glimpse of what they are up to behind that wall.

Oh, I am so excited that Henry loved the tea cups! Even when I was Henry's age, I always loved riding them! I still do!

The snacks from the Main Street Bakery look delicious as always. Yum, yum, yum!
Old 10-10-2010, 08:07 AM   #763
IluvXU
DIS Veteran

Yum yum yum to the Main street bakery. I love those chocolate croissants. I missed having one this past trip.

What a bummer about the opening show, that is the pits. One trip that happened to us, but most RD we have seen the real one (and since we make rope drop that means we have seen a lot of the shows).

How sweet Henry liked Dumbo so much, you got a lot of fun stuff done quick!
Old 10-10-2010, 08:45 AM   #764
PixieDustandEeyore
DIS Veteran

My Guess is Adventureland!
Great updates that cinnimon roll looks like well heaven!!!!!!!!!
Im glad Henry finally showed lots of enthusiasm about seeing the castle!
Old 10-10-2010, 09:09 AM   #765
PopArtGal
Mushu's Best Gal Pal

I agree with you. The short MK rope drop show isn't worth it.

But the full one is my fave!

I'll Have Coffee With A Side of Monorail - July PTR
My YouTube Channel
2013 (July) POR - 2012 (December) Contemporary -2012 (July) Contemporary- Concierge (Bay Lake View),, 2011 (July) Contemporary- Concierge (Bay Lake View),2010 (July) Contemporary (MK View), 2010- (March) All-Star Music, 2009- Contemporary (MK View),2008- Port Orleans Riverside (July),2007- Port Orleans Riverside (May & December),2006 - All-Star Music (July),2004 - All-Star Music (May),2000 - Travelodge Maingate (April),1991 - Rodeway (On intl' drive),1987- Quality Inn,1985 - Sheraton

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: