Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-13-2010, 02:42 PM   #46
Connie96
DIS Veteran

Hey Brook! It was so fun following on FB, and I can't wait to hear all the details now that you're back.

Now, for a brief hi-jack...
Quote:
Originally Posted by dekkerdisneydreamer View Post
I used to be on the boards as shebaxric, but because of my lack of use after my November trip, I was inactivated somehow.
I remember you! I was following your PTR when you announced you were expecting and then you disappeared!! From your siggie, I suppose Madie is the new addition? I hope you are all well. Welcome back!

Me 41 DH 44 DD 7
'96 CBR Honeymoon | '02 AKL | '04 BWI | '05 POFQ | '11 POFQ | '13 POR | '15 CBR
Old 09-13-2010, 03:47 PM   #47
brookelizabeth
Jambo Wildbunch Gang

Quote:
Originally Posted by ptcrn View Post
Wow, I made the first page! That has to be a first!

I can't wait to read all about your trip! Looks like you all had a great time.

The pictures of Henry at the zoo are just adorable! Glad he had a great birthday!
I don't think I've ever made the 1st page of anyone's reports.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bellebookworm9 View Post
I too am making the first page! I was a lurker on your PTR, but I'll join in the fun now. Can't wait to hear all about it!
Glad you are posting now!!! Thanks for joining in!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PixieDustandEeyore View Post
Brook, ive read all your trip reports and your pre trip report for this tr. I have a serious lurking problem and am bad for quoting your TRs are real life leaving my fiance confused saying "Juan said what?!" and I answer baa and go on my way lol.

Im excited to follow this TR and try not to be so lurky and more commenty.
I read this last night and read it to Joe, we both cracked up!! Henry also had 2 sayings this trip, the one he has been saying/yelling for about a month, the other one was new this trip - I wish I could remember when he started it...I gotta think about that, it was hilarious! Kids say the funniest things.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinker_Tam View Post
Making the move over with you!!!! Now I have to go back and read!
Yay! Glad you made it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by slightly_obsessed View Post
Can't wait to read about all of your adventures! I will do my best not to lurk but can't promise anything. Henry's birthday looked like it was a good time, he is such a cutie!
No worries! I understand the need to lurk sometimes. Thanks for reading along!

Quote:
Originally Posted by eandesmom View Post
who knew the clown was named George!

I"m here

Adorable birthday pictures!
I have no idea if the clown is really named George...Henry and I named him our first day. I'm guessing he does...hmmm...might have to Google that one!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gellybean View Post
YAY!!! Another Brook TR!!

I'm here!!!

Love the pics from Henry's birthday celebration!!!
Thanks for reading!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjh73 View Post
I just came over from your ptr! Henry is sooo cute...I love his hair colour...it is the same as my youngest!
Thank you!!! I love the color too - it was a surprise since both Joe and I are dark, but it is recessive on both sides. We live in a very ethnic neighborhood so he gets OODLES of comments about it every time we go out!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nodnol View Post
I'm in!
Thanks for reading!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flossbolna View Post
I am here!!

Lovely pictures of Henry's birthday. It sounds like a wonderful day and there are some great pictures of him at the zoo. Do those binoculars really work? They will be great for a trip to your DVC home resort.
Yep, the binoculars do work! They aren't very strong, but they are nice and clear. I didn't even think about that with AKV! He will LOVE that.

I need to send you a PM.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charleston Princess View Post
Here!!!!

Okay, I am already laughing out loud over your plea for others to like George despite his glowing eyes!

What a great prelude to the trip with Henry's birthday party! The cake looks fabulous, and I am sure Chelsea would approve.

Duplos!!! Is this is his official Lego set? Get ready to find them everywhere for the next decade!
He he. I was in a goofy mood when I wrote my intro! He really is a good guy though, we all have our quirks, right?

As I poured the packet of sprinkles on the cake I thought of you and Chelsea. The thing was almost covered it 'em! Henry LOVED it though, he mostly ate sprinkles and frosting.

Henry has a few other Duplos that came with a game that he's too young to understand, so he does build towers and things with those, but this is his first REAL set. And yep, they are already ALL over the house. Under the couch, in the couch, on the table....
Feb 2014 - Vero Beach ... Sept 2013 - CR/Disney Fantasy...March 2013 - AKL/SSR/POR ... Oct 2012 - OKW ... Sept 2012 - Disney Magic ... June 2012 - Disney Magic ... Jan 2012 - PPH/VGC ... Aug 2011 - Pop/YC/OKW ... May 2011 - ASMo ... Feb/March 2011 - BWV/BLT ... Sept 2010 - BWV ... Dec/Jan 2009/10 - AKV ... Sept 2009 - CSR ... Jan 2009 - SSR ... Nov 2008 - WL ... Oct 2006 - AKL
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-13-2010, 04:16 PM   #48
IBelieveInTheMagic
DIS Veteran

Yahoo you started!!!!

Henry's bday pictures are awesome and you can see the little boy in him, more and more. It's amazing when they start to "lose" that baby look and grow up on ya!

Can't wait to read more!

Heather
WDW: 11/2008 (MVMCP), 9-10/2009 (MNSSHP, F&W, Pirates Pal Cruise & Pirates League), 4/2010 (Flower & Garden Festival & Jedi Training), 10/2010 (MNSSHP & F&W), 6/2011 (SWW & Universal Studios), 11/2011 Girls Trip (MVMCP & Osborne Lights), 6/2012 and 11/2012 (Osborne Lights), and WDW/MNSSHP 10/2013. Next: 10/2015 WDW/MNSSHP/F&W
DCL (Platinum): 6/2012 (KSC & Dream), 8/2012 Dream, 12/2012 Fantasy (Mom & I), 6/2013 Wonder(Alaska), 9/2013 Dream (girls cruise) & 12/2013 Dream (girls cruise), 1/2014 Magic, 4/2014 Fantasy, 9/2014 Dream (Mom and I), & 12/2014 Wonder Next: 6/2015 (Magic-Europe), & 3/2016 Magic/WDW.
Old 09-13-2010, 04:39 PM   #49
Stasieki
DIS Veteran

Marking my spot. I can't wait to see your pictures and hearing all about the trip.
Old 09-13-2010, 04:50 PM   #50
GusT
Mouseketeer

Yay I can't wait to read! This will help pass the time until my upcoming trip!

Erica

Old 09-13-2010, 06:24 PM   #51
pooh'smate
My ticker is actually a day off

I am here but I don't have time to read right now. I am going to come back and catch up when I have time tonight.

Old 09-13-2010, 06:44 PM   #53
robinm1215
Mouseketeer

Hi Brook, I'm here and ready for another trip report! It was fun following you on facebook and definitely helped me get even more excited for my upcoming trip Thanks for letting me follow along.

The pictures of Henry's birthday are great and he is just sooooo cute! Looks like you had a wonderful day

Old 09-13-2010, 07:16 PM   #54
brookelizabeth
Jambo Wildbunch Gang

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeMom View Post
I do believe he likes this one. Look at that face.

I'm ready for this report to add to the fun as we ride out our time until our October 15th flight to WDW. Seeing the few Halloween items they had at the Disney Stores on the Atlanta trip this weekend made us really ready to see Halloween in Magic Kingdom again!

Bring on the pictures!
I love those pictures of him opening the firehouse, he was SO excited. We have it on our camcorder too, just gotta pull it off there, I look forward to hearing those little shrieks again!

Main Street in all it's beautiful orange, brown and gold is waiting for you! I think I like the Halloween decor even more than the Christmas - those colors look SO GOOD on Main Street and I love the pumpkins.

I'm currently uploading September 4th, we went to MK - 587 pictures.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeysmyboy View Post
I'm here! Going back to read after the kiddos leave for school!
Glad you made it over!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by disney<333 View Post
Joining in!
Great intro! Looks like Henry had a great birthday! What a cutie pie.
The clown's name is George?! That wasn't his name when we stayed there in 2005.
Does he really have a name??? Henry and I named him our first day there. George it was. What name was he in 2005?

Quote:
Originally Posted by onelilspark View Post
Good morning! I'm here

I liked the introduction to the Boardwalk!
Glad you made it over!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by princess&her4princes View Post
Page 2 already?! You go girl!!

Henry is so cute in your paper pedi flip flops and leave present......adorable!!

SO glad you're starting your TR!!!! Great starts!! I can't wait to hear more!!!
He is such a nut with those slippers on...he knew he was being funny too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2xcited2sleep View Post
I'm here! Can't wait for more.

Is his name really George??
I don't think his name is really George...I'm not even sure he has a name! But as per this family, he's George.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dawnbu40 View Post
Looking forward to hearing all about your trip! Wasn't the Boardwalk wonderful?! We loved it!

The birthday pictures are adorable! Henry is a cutie and that is such a fun age!
YES! Loved, loved, loved the BW! Beautiful resort. I miss the music! I really look forward to reading everything from your perspective on it too.
Feb 2014 - Vero Beach ... Sept 2013 - CR/Disney Fantasy...March 2013 - AKL/SSR/POR ... Oct 2012 - OKW ... Sept 2012 - Disney Magic ... June 2012 - Disney Magic ... Jan 2012 - PPH/VGC ... Aug 2011 - Pop/YC/OKW ... May 2011 - ASMo ... Feb/March 2011 - BWV/BLT ... Sept 2010 - BWV ... Dec/Jan 2009/10 - AKV ... Sept 2009 - CSR ... Jan 2009 - SSR ... Nov 2008 - WL ... Oct 2006 - AKL
Old 09-13-2010, 07:22 PM   #55
brookelizabeth
Jambo Wildbunch Gang

Quote:
Originally Posted by praisehisname View Post
OMGoodness, that picture of Henry with his Duplo set is beyond adorable! Love his little face!

So excited your started the report!
He was so, so excited about that firehouse - and still is! Tonight we got another package from Grammy, she found Finding Nemo at a garage sale - he was pretty pumped about that too and insisted we watch it "first". Before we did ANYTHING else.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrooklynnsMommy View Post
I'm here and can't wait to hear about all the Boardwalk fun!
You guys gotta stay there sometime!! The pool is excellent, nice kiddy pool and play park - plus the entertainment on the BW and just everything about it. I know it's on/near the top of your list, hopefully it will be soon!

Quote:
Originally Posted by chloe770 View Post
I can't wait to read all of the stuff I missed from FB. Your TR are great fun and Henry is such a doll.
Thank you!!!! I really look forward to writing it all out!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessCaitlin View Post
I'm here!

The clown grew on me as well! By the end of our trip I sort of missed him

Happy belated birthday to Henry!

Can't wait for your first update!
I miss him right now! I'll totally bask in his glow ANY DAY! Love that resort.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thewesterberg View Post
YAY! It's beginning! Your TRs are always so much fun to read! (A very suitable "fix" to get me through between-trips-withdrawal-symptoms!)

Henry's bday pictures - adorable! Such a happy little boy!
Hey you! I see a nice lookin' ticker there. AKV again? Kidani or Jambo?

Can you believe he's 3? We met TWO YEARS ago already? I bet N is huge by now!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovealldisney View Post
I'm here! Can't wait to read. Henry has gotten sooo BIG! Loved all the pictures at the zoo!

Oh and I'm not bothered by the clown. But if it were my sister she would totally freak out! She hates them is scared to death!
I can't believe how much of a little boy he's turning into. It's really very sweet to watch and experience. The baby stage was fun, but it's wonderful to watch him grow!

The clown doesn't bother me too much either, but I know lots of people have issues with clowns, so it's kinda nuts that Disney put one, and a HUGE one that you vomit out of the mouth of, at a resort!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TyRy View Post
YAY - the TR has started. And I don't think you can ever have enough sprinkles on anything!
True, true!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdwgirl03 View Post
I don't think I will ever make the first page of your TRs. I'm here!
Glad you made it over! Page 2 isn't bad!
Old 09-13-2010, 07:30 PM   #56
brookelizabeth
Jambo Wildbunch Gang

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinkerbellarella View Post
YAY!!!!

Dancing potassium for you TR starting!

And I heart the pics of Henry. He is too cute!!!
Love me some dancing potassium!

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneydusted View Post
Wow! page 3 already!! You are popular!
Loved the birthday pictures of Henry... isn't it amazing to have the technology to have grandparents watching while he opens their gift? His expression is wonderful! I remember how much fun it was to watch your little guy get so excited opening a much anticipated gift!
So now it is on with the new TR.... George, huh? I suppose he does grow on you.
It really is amazing that they could almost be right there in the room for the entire event. It's so wonderful! They can tell how big he's getting, it's almost like they area here. But I know they can't wait to see him for real in November - smother him with hugs and kisses!

Yep, George. Henry and I named him!

Quote:
Originally Posted by loritemp View Post
I KNEW I would miss something important by not logging in all weekend

Can't wait to hear all about the trip!!

And my goodness, Henry is just too cute! SO glad he had such a special birthday and that technology allowed you to share it with family.
Glad you found me! We really had a great birthday - I loved that the grandparents could be right there at the table with us for it all! They loved seeing his reaction to the firehouse.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disneymoon09 View Post
I'm in!
Welcome!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hcmommy View Post
Joining the party
Thanks for reading!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by moparop View Post
Wow Brook! You have sure kicked this trip report off right!

I love being a part of Henry's birthday party. It looks like he had a fabulous day and Cetral Park Zoo is just amazing! I really hope we get there sometime. Seeing the grandparents there to sing to Henry via Skype totally made me tear up. How amazing is technology?! Love the Duplos - and Henry's reaction to them. I also love the photo (not sure if it's here or just on FB) of Joe building and Henry playing. That's how the Lego/Duplo process goes here too!
The Central Park Zoo really is nice! It's a smaller zoo, but just right for the little ones. The Children's Zoo is very cute, lots for them to climb in, etc. The Bronx Zoo is also very nice, but HUGE! The CP Zoo is perfect to cover and not be completely exhausted after. If you ever go, let me know, I'll meet ya there!

Joe is excited for Henry to graduate to real Legos and then the really complicated ones like robots. I think HE will be having more fun than Henry!
Old 09-13-2010, 07:36 PM   #57
golden2323
Mouseketeer

I'm here! It was so fun following your trip on FB. We just got back from WDW right before you left to go down there. My DH and I are tossing around going for a weekend in October for F&W or waiting and maybe going for the week after Thanksgiving to hit MVMCP, so I'll be drooling over your pictures, trying to convince my pocketbook that we can go again!!!

DH Me DD (6) DD (6)
Old 09-13-2010, 07:45 PM   #58
brookelizabeth
Jambo Wildbunch Gang

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3prettyprincesses View Post
Darn it Brook, page 3 already and I was thinking last night after I posted on your pre-trip that I would be ready for the 1st page of your actual trip report! I guess I'm too slooooowww!

Love the intro and am so glad to see Henry had a fabulous b-day at the zoo. He looks as if he loved it, the pics are adorable! He's too darn cute I tell ya! He rocked those paper slippers too! And how sweet that he gifted you a leaf! My DD's used to give me rocks all the time when they were that age! Don't ya love kids?

I'm totally going to name myself the "CVO" from now on! I love that title, it sounds so offical, important and totally applies to Disney planning!

I'm sorry sister but I cannot love that nightmare inducing clown! I'm trying but he scares the crappola out of me. And glowing eyes at night?? No thanks!

Can't wait to read it all. Please drag it out nice and long so that I can enjoy it for awhile!
This is moving fast over here! Hopefully I can keep up.

Henry does the rocks too! I have one in the stroller from the church picnic yesterday. It's so cute. I got a leaf at some point in the trip too - it was in our Villa for a couple days before Henry forgot about it!

The CVO title is a good one! My old co-worker calls his wife that, she does all their Disney planning too. I cracked up when he told me that with a completely deadpan face!

Sorry to hear about the clown! He scares quite a few people...it really is very surprising that Disney put him there! It's a wonderful resort though - and the two quiet pools have NO clowns, so they can be avoided!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by micandminforever View Post
I am joining in on the fun, and can't wait to read about more adventures at Disney with Henry.
Thank you for reading! I just "saw" you over on MeMom's DIS meet update today!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenseib View Post
I'm here! Now I gotta go back and read!
Thanks for reading!!! You have a sneak peek already to our last day too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoonerGirl View Post
Hey Brook! So glad you have started, I love your reports!

Henry's birthday looked like a perfect day, he looks so happy in all of the pics
Hey Michelle! Thank you for reading another one! Henry's birthday was a lot of fun, it was H-O-T out that day, we were both just yucky by the time we got home, but we had a blast!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mandas08 View Post
Very excited for your TR!
Thank you! I'm excited to start writing it!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dekkerdisneydreamer View Post
Hi Brook,
I found your TR and wanted to let you know I'm on board. Also, I'm an old DISer with a new name. I used to be on the boards as shebaxric, but because of my lack of use after my November trip, I was inactivated somehow. I hope you remember me. Sorry about the personal details in the post, I'd PM if I could but I don't have enough posts.

Okay, back to reading what I'm sure will be a wonderful TR!! The picture count alone is soooo worth it! Henry has gotten so big! The last thing I remember was the report when you three went to the Dells.....yeah, it's been that long!
You know what's funny is before I saw your username I saw your avatar and thought, "Oh is shebaxric!" and then I saw dekkerdisneydreamer. It is YOU though! So, yep, I remember! How are you??? And forgive me, but all the time is blurring together - were you planning to go THIS November, or last? You were pregnant too, right??? How is all that going? I cannot remember when you were due!

I cannot believe it's been since the DELLS. Whoa. Has it been that long??? That means your trip was last November right?

Quote:
Originally Posted by vamassey1 View Post
I'm joining in but I have to go back and get caught up.

Great start! Henry is so cute. He really had a great birthday celebration.
Thank you!!! It was a very fun birthday!! And he loved celebrating all week at Disney too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisMomAmy View Post
I'm here!! Can't wait to see some Boardwalk pictures!

Thanks for sharing the birthday pictures!
I don't feel like I took enough BW pictures, but I'm sure there are more than I can remember - I never feel like I quite capture it all, so many wonderful details!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeysmyboy View Post
I'm so excited to read all about your trip!

I have to ask you the same question C did! His the clowns name really George or is that what you named it?! Either way I like it! I think it's a good name for him!

I love the pictures from Henry's b-day! He looks like he had a lot of fun and got some great presents! I love the leaves he gave you! Yesterday I got a handful for acorns!
We named it! Henry and I on our first day. I figured he needed a name. Henry thought he was a funny guy. Glad he wasn't scared!

Aw, that is very cute about the acorns! I love the little "presents"!
Old 09-13-2010, 07:52 PM   #59
MaryAz
DIS Veteran

Accccck. page 4 or maybe even 5. I am so behind. Can;t wait for another great report!!!

Love the bday pics

Sorry, you can call that creepy clown whatever name you want but he is still creepy especially at night

Last edited by MaryAz; 09-13-2010 at 08:03 PM.
Old 09-13-2010, 07:53 PM   #60
brookelizabeth
Jambo Wildbunch Gang

Quote:
Originally Posted by Connie96 View Post
Hey Brook! It was so fun following on FB, and I can't wait to hear all the details now that you're back.

Now, for a brief hi-jack...

I remember you! I was following your PTR when you announced you were expecting and then you disappeared!! From your siggie, I suppose Madie is the new addition? I hope you are all well. Welcome back!
Thank you for following me over here!

I didn't even look at her siggy and asked all the questions about the baby! I gotta go back and see now! POST PICTURES OF MADIE IF YOU WANT!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by IBelieveInTheMagic View Post
Yahoo you started!!!!

Henry's bday pictures are awesome and you can see the little boy in him, more and more. It's amazing when they start to "lose" that baby look and grow up on ya!

Can't wait to read more!

Heather
Just tonight I was tickling him and looked down and saw that baby disappear a bit more, and a little boy shine through. It's sad and exciting all at the same time. I DO love this age and it's so fun doing "big boy" things with him! I know he'll be a big boy before I even know it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stasieki View Post
Marking my spot. I can't wait to see your pictures and hearing all about the trip.
Thank you for reading!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GusT View Post
Yay I can't wait to read! This will help pass the time until my upcoming trip!

Erica
Thanks for reading!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pooh'smate View Post
I am here but I don't have time to read right now. I am going to come back and catch up when I have time tonight.
Sounds good to me! Thanks for joining up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenseib View Post
We got a peice of "Princess" mai ltoday for Claire! Thanks so much Brook. She loved it!

WHEW! I'm so glad it arrived! I started writing Claire's with the pen I had and it pooped out mid sentence! So I grabbed the Sharpie and it just ended up as a mess - and fitting the whole address in the little spot with a Sharpie...ya...you saw the mess of it all! I felt bad, but I didn't have another postcard, and I figured a kid doesn't notice stuff like that, all they care about is the Princess or Mickey on the FRONT!

I sooooooooooooo wanted to write "Princess Claire, go tell your Daddy you need to come visit us." But I figured Skip might not appreciate that too much!

Quote:
Originally Posted by robinm1215 View Post
Hi Brook, I'm here and ready for another trip report! It was fun following you on facebook and definitely helped me get even more excited for my upcoming trip Thanks for letting me follow along.

The pictures of Henry's birthday are great and he is just sooooo cute! Looks like you had a wonderful day
Thanks for reading along! It was a ton of fun to post on Facebook and I'm really looking forward to reliving all the details here!

Quote:
Originally Posted by golden2323 View Post
I'm here! It was so fun following your trip on FB. We just got back from WDW right before you left to go down there. My DH and I are tossing around going for a weekend in October for F&W or waiting and maybe going for the week after Thanksgiving to hit MVMCP, so I'll be drooling over your pictures, trying to convince my pocketbook that we can go again!!!
Thanks for reading! Our first Disney trip was in October and it was GREAT. Really, really great. Lovely weather, plus all the Halloween decorations about, Main Street all decked out. Did you get to see it, or were the decorations not up while you were down in August?

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: