Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-13-2011, 08:58 AM   #2131
John's Mom
Jambo Wildbunch Gang
AKL Lover

Great trip report and pictures! I'm a faithful reader of your TRs, but seldom post. I enjoy watching Henry grow up at WDW.

Old 02-13-2011, 10:57 AM   #2132
cdotla
Trish

I know I am really, really late. I can't believe I have never found your trip reports before. I saw your title a million times and didn't quite get the clown reference. Duh! OK - now I get it...of course! brilliant!

I have only read your 1st day so far, but what a great start! Not sure why your husband wasn't booked to travel the same day as you, but what luck with the weather and being able to switch dates!

What a magical reunion outside the Boardwalk! Your son seems like quite the seasoned Disney pro!

Laughing at how you overlooked Mexico CS being closed for the refurb. Isn't it funny how in the heat of the moment you can overlook something that you already know?

Sounds like it all worked out in the end though, as you may not have had that wonderful experience on Soarin if you had stayed in WS.

I have a lot of reading ahead of me, but I am so looking forward to getting caught up on your wonderful report! I can tell already it's going to be a good one!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-13-2011, 11:17 AM   #2133
blessedby3
Actually Blessedby4 now, but cant change my username :)

I love Henry's pictures...they are so sweet
The Wishes and Spectromagic cd's are just that....nothing else on them, but I love to put them in and soak up the feeling wishing I was back in WDW
Im thinking Kayla got them at the Poly when we stayed there a couple of years ago.
Heading over to the PTR now
8/87-Disneymoon, offsite 7/92-DD's 1st trip 2/94-Land/Sea, Dixie Landings 10/99-offsite 4/03-CR tower MK view 11/05-POP 12/06-WL 1/08-POP, DD's Grad Trip 3/09-Poly 5/10-BLT, 1BR 6/11-POP 10/12 Bonnet Creek 6/14-Bonnet Creek/2 nights at AOA
DH(48) Me(47) DD(24)DSIL (24) DS(19) DD(15) DD(7)

Patiently (NOT) waiting for a new ticker

Check out my May2010 trip report:
Welcome Gurley Family....you are FAMILY OF THE DAY!!
Old 02-13-2011, 05:31 PM   #2134
disneyfan61
DIS Veteran

I also got pages behind this week.

Love your pictures! Love the one of Henry posing with his feet up behind him.
They all came out great.

Then winning the $100 gift card. Woo Hoo!!!

I have the Four Parks One World cd also. And I purchased a scarf last year but I really like the one you purchased.

So cute of Henry sitting on the monorail. What a big boy!

Last days are always so sad but you will be back there in 2 weeks!!!

Now off to your PTR...
Old 02-13-2011, 06:06 PM   #2135
glennbo123
DIS Veteran

Wow, you were a posting fiend the last few days! Good stuff. I can't believe you won a second big prize. If you used to be one of those people who always says "I never win anything", you've gotta knock that off now.

Loved Henry's pictures, especially the headless one.

Thanks for sharing your trip with us, it was a great ride!
Old 02-13-2011, 07:53 PM   #2136
KathyRN137
...and the greatest of these is Love

Whew! That took about an hour, but I finally caught up!!

Wow! I'm so thrilled you got to win... twice!!

Thanks to you I am seriously thinking about the Boardwalk for my December Mommy & Son trip... it's gorgeous and your descriptions/photos have bewitched me.

Okay, I'm all set for your next report!

Kathy
Old 02-14-2011, 03:18 PM   #2137
Flossbolna
DIS Veteran

Brook, thank you very much for once again a wonderful and entertaining trip report! I enjoyed reading it very much!

I can very well understand that Joe loved swimming at night. I love to spend time in pools and while I love the lower temperatures during the day in January (well, not too low, please!), the trade off are the cooler nights. I am really looking forward to my October/November trip and hope to experience warm nights when you can go swimming after sunset!

Henry's pictures are cute, it is so interesting to see the world from his perspective!
Disneyland 1992, 2005 Disneyland Paris 1995, 1997, 2003, 2007, 2011, 2x2012, 2014 Walt Disney World 2004 POR, 2007 AKL, 2008 AKL, 2009 Poly, 2010 AKL, 2011 BWV, May 2013 AKV Jambo Disney Cruise Line 2013 Wonder, 2014 Wonder
Trip Reports: 2013 TR DCL and WDW 2011 TR 2010 TR 2010 PTR Dining Reviews: 2009 2008 2007
New Trip Report: If You See It: Eat It! – Via Panama to Disneyland

Old 02-15-2011, 06:31 PM   #2138
GusT
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by brookelizabeth View Post
A few other random pictures in case you are interested in the swag given at Welcome Home Wednesday and the BLT Tour.

The DVC hats given at Welcome Home Wednesday

The DVC lanyards given at the BLT Tour (I so wish they weren't hot pink!)

The DVC pin given at the BLT Tour. We got a handful of these. We kept 3 for ourselves and gave the rest away. I had Henry give one to a little girl on the ME who had a lanyard full of pins on. I guess she had worked REALLY hard to get many exclusive pins, like this DVC one, for years - and then lost her lanyard. She had just started up and was trying to get some exclusives their entire trip (her lanyard was full of traders). She was very thankful and her Mom was even teary eyed over it! It was a very sweet moment.

A 2011 book calendar. We got 2 of these from the BLT Tour.

Inside the calendar. Very cute...but I have no use for it since I'm an electronic girl!

I forgot about this - we got these at the BLT Tour. They had everyone wearing one and we lined up from the oldest member to the newest. It was neat.

Given at the BLT Tour.

Inside - with a drawing from Henry that he did during the BLT Tour.
Hi Brook! I often lurk on your reports and just wanted to drop in and say I love your trip reports! I think the planner is great! I have a Blackberry and still carry a spiral bound planner.....I know I'm a dork. I am so jealous of your upcoming trip! They announced that the plant my husband works at will close by the end of the year and my first thought was "No more Disney!"; well we got our taxes done today and after we tossed around a few ideas on how to spend it....he threw out "We could go to Disney one more time".... my heart says YES but my head says no..... Thanks for such great reports.

Erica

Old 02-16-2011, 09:04 AM   #2139
brookelizabeth
Jambo Wildbunch Gang

I'm finally back over here to do some last replies --- otherwise, see ya on the PTR!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJsMom View Post
Hey, a couple of Henry's pictures came out pretty good! I think he's got a little of his mom's photography gene!

Ugh - I just hate that UnMagical Depress.

I love the 4 Parks 1 World cd. I listen at work on my iPod a lot. One day one of my co-workers asked what I was listening to. I told him, and he got a weird look on his face. "Oh,that's...nice", he said. I just laughed! Now he thinks I'm nuts.

Love the scarf too!

Ok, I'm off to Two Weeks to Two Weeks to read about your next adventure! Can't wait! Thanks for sharing!
He used the "that's nice" saying!!! That's Tim's DIS name because his wife (and her girlfriends) say that ALL THE TIME. LOL! It's okay Leanne, we all get it! I love listening to the CD, but it's hard for me, I get teary listening to it, it makes the Disney itch worse!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenjolt View Post
Great report Brook!! I so enjoyed it!! Heading over to the PTR now!!!
Thanks Jen!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaryAz View Post
Loved,loved this report!! You guys are such a great family and I love reading all about your trips. Hopefully someday we will be there at the same time!!
Thank you Mary! I love sharing them. I hope our paths cross someday too!!! I know Henry would really enjoy meeting your girls and I'd love meeting you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatMark View Post
Good job, Henry, on the picture taking.

Great recap, Brook. I have come to love our more "relaxing" vacations at Disney; it makes us appreciate everything more.
It really does! There are so many details inside the parks, and so many things outside of them, that are easily missed if you are running around. Plus, you actually come back relaxed instead of exhausted, which is always a bonus!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdwgirl03 View Post
Boo, leaving always stinks but hey, atleast you're going back soooo soon for 2 weeks! That's not even fair. haha

Wow, look at all that free DVC stuff! The last time we went to WHW I didn't even bother taking one of the hats because we've gotten so many. I think we have atleast 3 different colors of them. But I do really really want one of those buttons that says "member since..." Gonna have to remember that in March!

Great TR as always...just posted on your new PTR!
The "Member since..." button was from the BLT Tour, which was a lot of fun! (and cheesecake on a stick )

Quote:
Originally Posted by NikkiLovesWDW! View Post
We totally should! We can have a margarita, gran fiesta party and pretend that we are in World Showcase! I'll provide the music...who's bringing the tequila?!
We really should have a big DIS meet in the area, there are a lot of us on here!

Quote:
Originally Posted by that's nice View Post
WOW... the purse talk made it's way over here too? I thought purse talk was only on guys threads.

Brook great report!!!! I'm sorry your DH didn't think this trip was more relaxed. I can see why doing laundry till 3am messed him up the next day. Maybe that made him a bit cranky.

I just subbed to your PTR. I can' wait to hear about your next trip!!
Too funny! Next thing we'll be chatting about on your report are shoes!

Ya...I can see how the 3 am laundry ordeal would mess with his next day and make him cranky. The thing is, he doesn't show it - so I had NO idea he was feeling that until he finally admitted it the other day. He better speak up better this time if he's not feelin' something!
Feb 2014 - Vero Beach ... Sept 2013 - CR/Disney Fantasy...March 2013 - AKL/SSR/POR ... Oct 2012 - OKW ... Sept 2012 - Disney Magic ... June 2012 - Disney Magic ... Jan 2012 - PPH/VGC ... Aug 2011 - Pop/YC/OKW ... May 2011 - ASMo ... Feb/March 2011 - BWV/BLT ... Sept 2010 - BWV ... Dec/Jan 2009/10 - AKV ... Sept 2009 - CSR ... Jan 2009 - SSR ... Nov 2008 - WL ... Oct 2006 - AKL
Old 02-16-2011, 09:16 AM   #2140
brookelizabeth
Jambo Wildbunch Gang

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3prettyprincesses View Post
Awwww, Henry did such a great job with those pics! How cute! Brook, you have to keep those little pics, can you print them out from his camera? They're too sweet.

And I loved Henry's thank-you message! Your little man has such good manners!

I've so enjoyed this TR and I agree, it seemed VERY laid back and full of magic (especially winning 2 times!). I can't believe you're only 2 weeks away from the next one. Heading over to your PTR now girl...
I am subbed to your food report, just haven't caught up!

We can't print the pictures out directly from his camera, but we could send them to CVS or the like. We uploaded them all full-size to SmugMug, which is where we keep the full-size resolutions of our photographs as a back-up. They are also on our in-home server (we are geeks!), so we have a very slim chance of ever loosing them. It will be fun to look back on them as he grows up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenseib View Post
I love how Henry chopped your heads off. Claire does a lot of those kind of pictures.....or she finds the most unflattering angles.

I'm sad it is over, but at least we have a PTR to keep us going...and then in a month or so another TR!
There were some HORRID pictures from Henry's camera...so bad I refused to put them up! We've been working on him getting the entire head in the picture, and so far he's doing a lot better with it. Next I'll teach him the rule of 3rds. LOL!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kschafer View Post
YAY I'd love that!
I put it down in my requests in my notes! I'll keep a lookout for it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dawnbu40 View Post
I loved Henry's pictures! It is so cute to see things from their perspective! I have a cherished picture Caitlin took of a heating vent when she was little It's great to see things from their viewpoint!

I really enjoyed your TR and look forward to the next!
That's so cute! I really like the room picture he took, we both stood in the doorway and took a picture. I like how his shows exactly how tall he is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charleston Princess View Post
Ummm, how did I get to be ten pages behind this week?

Clowns don't scare me, but George sure looks a little possessed when he is all lit up!

Great pictures from the photo shoot! There are so many cute ones!

Love all the pictures of the Boardwalk and the Magic Kingdom on your last day!

Henry was such a lucky boy to get to ride the MK train AND the monorail on the same day! Every boy's dream! LOL! Too funny that he plopped down in between those people.

Cheesecake on a stick? Yum!

Woo hoo for winning again! Gotta love having a gift card to spend on your last day! Love the scarf and my Four Parks One World CD is one of my favorites!

Henry's pictures are precious!

Now, I am off to your PTR!
I've been an updating fool! And the PTR I think is moving even faster. But I have a lot to do in very few days, so I gotta cruise!

I cannot wait to see the Boardwalk again in TEN days!!! I'm sure I'll end up with a dozen pictures that look the same as from this trip, but I don't care, it's too pretty not to take pictures of.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiggrbaby View Post
Love the Henry pic album! Those cameras are great for the kids! And thanks again for sharing all the magic with us! It brings back fond memories, and gets me through since I don't get to go very often anymore.
Your welcome! I'm glad to provide a touch of the magic. I read other TRs for the same exact reason...though sometimes it makes the "I want to go back" ache even worse.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Native NYer View Post
Henry is quite the photographer!

I need to attend a Welcome Home Wednesday event in August.
Did you get to see the Grand Villa on the BLT tour?
No, we didn't get to see the Grand Villa, I wish we would have! We just got to see a 2 bedroom. Do they do the Grand Villa sometimes? That would be incredible, I've never seen one in person!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PopArtGal View Post
I bought that Windows on Main Street book,hehe.
It looks like a neat one!

Quote:
I do enjoy Pecos Bill. I always eat either the Taco Salad, or the wrap :`)
I had the wrap back in 2006 and it was yummmmmmmy too.

Quote:
I never was in love with the polos that have little Mickey's embroidered in them. But I don't recall seeing the red ones. Which I kinda like lol
I'm surprised Joe isn't all about those polos, he wears a polo almost everyday to work, but he's never wanted one!

Quote:
ok I just decided you guys can't go back without me. So bring a BIG suitcase, I'm coming! lol

Quote:
hummm I love hot pink (my fave color) if you don't know what to do with one of the lanyards hehe
I will keep that in mind! I'm not sure Joe likes his, or anything around his neck really. So we might have an extra one!

Quote:
And if you ever have the time, I'd love a pic of every page of the agenda. I love to show my kids(students) art from Disney whenever I can. They know I'm obssessed anywayz lol
I can do that! I'll mark it on my To Do list and take the pics with my iPhone and upload to FB for ya.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vamassey1 View Post
It's so sad to read the last update. Saying goodbye is so hard. On a lighter note I'm really looking forward to your next report and it's only 2 weeks away!

Loved Henry's pictures! It's always fun to see things from their point of view. I have lots of pictures from my 3 kids perspectives. I hope he takes more this trip too.
I'm still getting caught up on your TR too! I will get there eventually!!

I want to bring the camera along this trip again. It's big and bulky and a bit heavy, so Joe doesn't like bringing it into the parks, but even just around the resorts and to other things would be fun.

Quote:
Originally Posted by John's Mom View Post
Great trip report and pictures! I'm a faithful reader of your TRs, but seldom post. I enjoy watching Henry grow up at WDW.
Thank you! Isn't it crazy that not so long ago I announced the little man coming over on the Jambo thread and here he is, a big boy already! It's fun to compare pics back to his first Disney trip.
Feb 2014 - Vero Beach ... Sept 2013 - CR/Disney Fantasy...March 2013 - AKL/SSR/POR ... Oct 2012 - OKW ... Sept 2012 - Disney Magic ... June 2012 - Disney Magic ... Jan 2012 - PPH/VGC ... Aug 2011 - Pop/YC/OKW ... May 2011 - ASMo ... Feb/March 2011 - BWV/BLT ... Sept 2010 - BWV ... Dec/Jan 2009/10 - AKV ... Sept 2009 - CSR ... Jan 2009 - SSR ... Nov 2008 - WL ... Oct 2006 - AKL
Old 02-16-2011, 09:26 AM   #2141
brookelizabeth
Jambo Wildbunch Gang

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdotla View Post
I know I am really, really late. I can't believe I have never found your trip reports before. I saw your title a million times and didn't quite get the clown reference. Duh! OK - now I get it...of course! brilliant!

I have only read your 1st day so far, but what a great start! Not sure why your husband wasn't booked to travel the same day as you, but what luck with the weather and being able to switch dates!

What a magical reunion outside the Boardwalk! Your son seems like quite the seasoned Disney pro!

Laughing at how you overlooked Mexico CS being closed for the refurb. Isn't it funny how in the heat of the moment you can overlook something that you already know?

Sounds like it all worked out in the end though, as you may not have had that wonderful experience on Soarin if you had stayed in WS.

I have a lot of reading ahead of me, but I am so looking forward to getting caught up on your wonderful report! I can tell already it's going to be a good one!
Hello you!!!

I mentioned something on my PTR about the clown glowing and it just stuck as a funny comment, so it became my TR title because I couldn't think of anything else! And that clown at the BW is famous!

Joe wasn't booked on the same travel day due to work. He was supposed to come a day later, but when Earl came in, he asked to leave early and they were fine with it. We didn't want to use that vacation day, but were forced to basically. It all worked out fine though!

I hope you enjoy the entire report! Join me over on the PTR too (you might have already....I don't recall off hand!) and I'll be doing some live posting from the World starting in 10 days.

Quote:
Originally Posted by blessedby3 View Post
I love Henry's pictures...they are so sweet
The Wishes and Spectromagic cd's are just that....nothing else on them, but I love to put them in and soak up the feeling wishing I was back in WDW
Im thinking Kayla got them at the Poly when we stayed there a couple of years ago.
Heading over to the PTR now
If I had the Wishes CD I would cry every single time I listened to it. Must avoid that one!

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneyfan61 View Post
I also got pages behind this week.

Love your pictures! Love the one of Henry posing with his feet up behind him.
They all came out great.

Then winning the $100 gift card. Woo Hoo!!!

I have the Four Parks One World cd also. And I purchased a scarf last year but I really like the one you purchased.

So cute of Henry sitting on the monorail. What a big boy!

Last days are always so sad but you will be back there in 2 weeks!!!

Now off to your PTR...
That was such a funny moment when he climbed up into the monorail between the two strangers. He was just so excited to finally ride it, I don't think he even realized or had time to get nervous!

Quote:
Originally Posted by glennbo123 View Post
Wow, you were a posting fiend the last few days! Good stuff. I can't believe you won a second big prize. If you used to be one of those people who always says "I never win anything", you've gotta knock that off now.

Loved Henry's pictures, especially the headless one.

Thanks for sharing your trip with us, it was a great ride!
I have been! And the PTR is moving quickly too! So much to plan yet, and the PTR truly forces me to get it done. I got your PM too, gotta reply yet!

Isn't that headless pic incredibly flattering?!??!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KathyRN137 View Post
Whew! That took about an hour, but I finally caught up!!

Wow! I'm so thrilled you got to win... twice!!

Thanks to you I am seriously thinking about the Boardwalk for my December Mommy & Son trip... it's gorgeous and your descriptions/photos have bewitched me.

Okay, I'm all set for your next report!

Kathy
The BW is awesome!!! It's totally magical walking to Epcot and riding the boat to DHS. We looooooved it. I'd say the biggest negative is the lack of true counter service. There are options, but they aren't always open - and the bakery is limited. You have to walk to either the Beach Club, the Swolfin (which I don't think takes DDP in case you go that route), or Epcot. Plus, there is not a quick/easy place to refill mugs if that matters to you.

Otherwise, WONDERFUL, WONDERFUL!!! I am soooo excited to stay there again in just 10 days!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flossbolna View Post
Brook, thank you very much for once again a wonderful and entertaining trip report! I enjoyed reading it very much!

I can very well understand that Joe loved swimming at night. I love to spend time in pools and while I love the lower temperatures during the day in January (well, not too low, please!), the trade off are the cooler nights. I am really looking forward to my October/November trip and hope to experience warm nights when you can go swimming after sunset!

Henry's pictures are cute, it is so interesting to see the world from his perspective!
I think Joe really likes the night swimming after a hot sticky day in the park, plus he can see easier. He's so sensitive to the light, the middle of the day is really hard on his eyes and he has to wear his sunglasses in the pool. At night he can just be "normal". I hope you get perfect weather for your October/November trip! We have gone twice in that time-range and it's been LOVELY both times!! It's our favorite time of the year, hands-down. Not too hot, not too cold.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GusT View Post
Hi Brook! I often lurk on your reports and just wanted to drop in and say I love your trip reports! I think the planner is great! I have a Blackberry and still carry a spiral bound planner.....I know I'm a dork. I am so jealous of your upcoming trip! They announced that the plant my husband works at will close by the end of the year and my first thought was "No more Disney!"; well we got our taxes done today and after we tossed around a few ideas on how to spend it....he threw out "We could go to Disney one more time".... my heart says YES but my head says no..... Thanks for such great reports.

Erica
Oh no! That is awful news to hear about your DH. I'm so sorry. I hope there is a sliver lining on this and he finds an even BETTER job quickly. I have a friend who had a decent job, was laid off, and a few months later found an AMAZING job that paid almost double! I pray the same for your family!!
Old 02-16-2011, 09:55 AM   #2142
tinkgurl
Life is what happens in between trips to WDW
Those "flying cookies" flying through space can be seen
I'm hoping that the little guy likes them!

Loved the TR..heading to the PTR now!!!
Old 03-04-2011, 08:46 PM   #2143
freya
Mouseketeer

I loved your trip report! I can't wait to go to BWV after looking at your pics!

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: