Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-15-2010, 12:08 PM   #151
SoonerGirl
DIS Veteran

Good grief I hadn't been on the DIS since early Monday evening and I got like 6 pages behind over here! You are one popular woman my dear Brook!

All of what I'm about to say has probably already been said - I totally skipped most of the chatter so that I could catch up, sorry, but I'm going to say it anyway

So glad you got to try Chick-Fil-A, but I have to say - the Southern Style Chicken Sandwich is McDs sad attempt at copying Chick-Fil-A's awesome original.

I can just see you and Henry dancing down the ME aisle, how fun! I would probably be too self conscious to do something like that, but think it's fabulous that you would dance for your little boy Sorry you had to deal with IT as soon as you got on the bus - guess it's a good thing you noticed before the bus took off though isn't it?!

Yay for your room being ready and yay for the great location, cute little boy jumping on the bed, and the amazing view!
Old 09-15-2010, 12:47 PM   #152
AB6876
Mouseketeer

Hi Brook!! I love your trip reports and glad that I caught this one "live" I have read all your completed ones so far. Thought I would say hello!!! Can't wait to hear all about it!!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-15-2010, 01:27 PM   #153
anbouk
FINALLY....DVC!!!

Hi Brook We are back from our vacation overseas. I had PM'd you a while ago, that we live in the same neighborhood. Would love to catch up with you over a cup of joe, in one of the nearby Dunkin Donuts,any one of the three you mentioned previously would be fine, or starbucks, or martha's... or... anway, we are so lucky to have such great eateries near us, huh Know what you mean about Chik fil A...maybe we can scout it in the city sometime and pretend we are college students! LOL!!! I totally missed it this time in the airport at MCO. We just got back from ten days at ACV and BCV. Yes we are DVC, too !!! Bet we were there at the same time!!!

Sorry, I got carried away.... BTW, did I mention how much I am enjoying your TR! Can't wait to hear more! Henry is a lil' cutie! We stayed at the Boardwalk Villas Xmas 2009 (but our room location wasn't as nice as your view). We are due back for this Christmas, too!
BLT and BCV...How LUCKY are we???
Old 09-15-2010, 03:16 PM   #154
brookelizabeth
Jambo Wildbunch Gang

Quote:
Originally Posted by dekkerdisneydreamer View Post
Brook,
Thanks for letting me post a pic of my new little Disney fanatic.

Ooooh goodness!!! She is ADORABLE! When I saw this earlier this morning I said "Awe!" out loud and Henry asked "What Mommy?" and I showed him the picture - he got a slight smile on his face and said "Oooh baby, she's cute." Thank you for posting! Congratulations!!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneydusted View Post
Ok, Brook, that cracked me up that the guy asked Henry about Steve McQueen! Yes, it is a parent of a girl thing! Poor Henry, he must have wondered what the guy was talking about!
You mentioned in one of your posts the music at BW. It really hit home with me. We missed being there so much this time that we would get valet parking there, wander around the resort, sit for a while in the lobby then walk over to Epcot for the evening. It felt like home! There is something very special about staying on property... espcially the BW area. Did you ever hear the frogs at night when you came over the bridge from Epcot? They are sooo loud on the left as you walk back from Epcot, near the wedding pavillion. We thought it was something that happened in May but they were there croaking their hearts out last month.
I'm trying to put all of our photos on Shutterfly to start our Disney book.... I think this is going to take a looong time.
I couldn't believe he said STEVE of all names!!!! Henry was a bit confused and didn't even answer him until the wife popped in!

The BW does feel like home - as soon as we got settled in our room and I started exploring I fell for it all...so beautiful and peaceful. I didn't really expect that when we were staying so close to the parks, but it was!

I never heard the frogs! I wish I had!

Quote:
Originally Posted by skhermsmeyer View Post

It was fun following you guys on FB, but now I'm ready for all the details and stories! I'm glad H was able to get some energy burnt off by jumping on the bed. Ah, the simple pleasures! Now I'm wondering what you guys did with your afternoon until Joe got there!
I hope to get a post done today to share what Henry and I ended up doing!

Quote:
Originally Posted by thewesterberg View Post
Your travel day seemed absolutely perfect! Kudos for you taking him solo! And what a surprise blessing that Joe was able to join you early! A silver lining on a hurricane cloud!

The resort looks beautiful (minus that creepy clown - I don't have clown issues, but looking at that thing too much... )

Bed jumping at hotels - LOVE IT! A friend and I always did Synchronized Bed Jumping when we stayed at hotels during high school (we were on some academic teams that brought us to Minneapolis twice a year) We each took a bed and figured out a routine. The best part was the hotel we always stayed at had a wall that was all mirrors, so we could watch ourselves to perfect our technique!

And Chik Fil A .... YUMMY! I've only had it twice (once on our first Disney trip when we stayed off site and then this past winter while on a roadtrip home from South Carolina). So good to know it's at the airport! I think I know where I'll be eating before our flight leaves in December!

We're staying at Jambo again. We're going with my parents, and my sister and her husband. It will be my brother-in-law's first trip to WDW! We're staying our first 2 nights at All Star Music and then we'll head over to Jambo for 5 nights. I cannot wait... life is pretty overwhelming right now and it's my light-at-the-end-of-the-tunnel, giving me something to look forward to. We've got lots of fun things planned. I should start at PTR, but just haven't gotten around to it.

Wow! It's been 2 years! And it's hard to believe Henry is 3. I thought of you guys when we went to Coldstone over Labor Day weekend! And yes, N is getting so big too! He started 2nd Grade last week. He's reading like a pro - loves chapter books, especially Harry Potter. And he's tall. He's up to my arm pits already! What happened to my baby?! Tallest kid in his class and he's one of the youngest with his May birthday!
I like that - a sliver lining on a hurricane cloud! Exactly!!

about the Synchronized Bed Jumping! I love that there was a mirror so you two could become experts!!! I remember my cousin and I doing a synchronized swimming routine to "Under the Sea" at some point - we had my Aunt watch to critique us to get a perfect routine!

Please let me know if you do a PTR! I'd be over there in a heart beat! Don't you just love Jambo House? I think next time we stay AKL, unless it's in the middle of summer, we'll do Jambo. I LOVE the splash area at Kidani, but like the convenience of the food options and rockin' gift shop at Jambo.

I cannot believe N is up to your armpits!! Wow!!! I can't even wrap my head around how quickly time flies with the little ones. Some days are long, but the years are SHORT.

Quote:
Originally Posted by moparop View Post
I have done the grilled chicken before and it is pretty good. But, the calorie count overall there is very reasonable so I usually allow myself to splurge. DH has the original chicken sandwich while I am a more of a nuggets with honey mustard gal myself.
Oh! That is good to know, I'm all over those nuggets or original then! Grilled-schmilled!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by heaven2dc View Post
Wow Brook - you have been busy replying to everyone!! If I remember right, the table was just the little bistro type but it was nice having such a huge place to sit out on (I thought it was sort of strange to have such a huge balcony for a studio but it was nice). I hope our boardwalk view is located in rooms 5011 & 5013 or 5015 & 5017 (to make up a 2-bedroom) or 2045 & 2047. Those have huge balconies too!
I hope you get it! Did you put in any requests in hopes to get it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoonerGirl View Post
Good grief I hadn't been on the DIS since early Monday evening and I got like 6 pages behind over here! You are one popular woman my dear Brook!

All of what I'm about to say has probably already been said - I totally skipped most of the chatter so that I could catch up, sorry, but I'm going to say it anyway

So glad you got to try Chick-Fil-A, but I have to say - the Southern Style Chicken Sandwich is McDs sad attempt at copying Chick-Fil-A's awesome original.

I can just see you and Henry dancing down the ME aisle, how fun! I would probably be too self conscious to do something like that, but think it's fabulous that you would dance for your little boy Sorry you had to deal with IT as soon as you got on the bus - guess it's a good thing you noticed before the bus took off though isn't it?!

Yay for your room being ready and yay for the great location, cute little boy jumping on the bed, and the amazing view!
It has been CRUISING over here! It's fun!!!

You are VERY right about McD's Southern Style - I had it last night for dinner and had to pretend it was CFA. But the bun got all soggy and the chicken was only meh. It just doesn't even compare!

I was so glad IT happened before the bus took off. I would have felt soooo badly for those around me, or attempting to change in that little bathroom on the bus?! Oh it could have been bad, bad, bad.
Feb 2014 - Vero Beach ... Sept 2013 - CR/Disney Fantasy...March 2013 - AKL/SSR/POR ... Oct 2012 - OKW ... Sept 2012 - Disney Magic ... June 2012 - Disney Magic ... Jan 2012 - PPH/VGC ... Aug 2011 - Pop/YC/OKW ... May 2011 - ASMo ... Feb/March 2011 - BWV/BLT ... Sept 2010 - BWV ... Dec/Jan 2009/10 - AKV ... Sept 2009 - CSR ... Jan 2009 - SSR ... Nov 2008 - WL ... Oct 2006 - AKL
Old 09-15-2010, 03:17 PM   #155
brookelizabeth
Jambo Wildbunch Gang

Quote:
Originally Posted by AB6876 View Post
Hi Brook!! I love your trip reports and glad that I caught this one "live" I have read all your completed ones so far. Thought I would say hello!!! Can't wait to hear all about it!!
Thank you for reading and posting!!! It was a lot of fun to post live - and to have the time and energy to do it! I wish I could have shared more even. But, it will be a lot of fun to write out all the details and surprises here!

Quote:
Originally Posted by anbouk View Post
Hi Brook We are back from our vacation overseas. I had PM'd you a while ago, that we live in the same neighborhood. Would love to catch up with you over a cup of joe, in one of the nearby Dunkin Donuts,any one of the three you mentioned previously would be fine, or starbucks, or martha's... or... anway, we are so lucky to have such great eateries near us, huh Know what you mean about Chik fil A...maybe we can scout it in the city sometime and pretend we are college students! LOL!!! I totally missed it this time in the airport at MCO. We just got back from ten days at ACV and BCV. Yes we are DVC, too !!! Bet we were there at the same time!!!

Sorry, I got carried away.... BTW, did I mention how much I am enjoying your TR! Can't wait to hear more! Henry is a lil' cutie! We stayed at the Boardwalk Villas Xmas 2009 (but our room location wasn't as nice as your view). We are due back for this Christmas, too!
BLT and BCV...How LUCKY are we???
So glad to meet you!!! We should get together, I love me some Dunkin' - just had some today. Henry asks "Can we go to the coffee shop?" He always gets free munchkins. I might be able to meet up next week sometime. Do you have kids? If so, we could hit up the park too.

I do plan to call that CFA and ask about the public getting in! I'll let you know and we can make a run over there together!!!

10 days at the World! How wonderful! I bet we were there at the same time, we were there Sept 2 - 9. I wonder if our paths ever crossed?! Wouldn't that be funny?

Are you going right over Christmas? I would love that sometime! We were there last year for NYE, and it was great! Busy, but great! We hope to do BLT on our next trip...we haven't booked yet, but are looking at March - hopefully we'll still get in there.
Feb 2014 - Vero Beach ... Sept 2013 - CR/Disney Fantasy...March 2013 - AKL/SSR/POR ... Oct 2012 - OKW ... Sept 2012 - Disney Magic ... June 2012 - Disney Magic ... Jan 2012 - PPH/VGC ... Aug 2011 - Pop/YC/OKW ... May 2011 - ASMo ... Feb/March 2011 - BWV/BLT ... Sept 2010 - BWV ... Dec/Jan 2009/10 - AKV ... Sept 2009 - CSR ... Jan 2009 - SSR ... Nov 2008 - WL ... Oct 2006 - AKL
Old 09-15-2010, 04:11 PM   #156
dekkerdisneydreamer
Raising Disneyholics one at a time!

Quote:
Originally Posted by brookelizabeth View Post
Ooooh goodness!!! She is ADORABLE! When I saw this earlier this morning I said "Awe!" out loud and Henry asked "What Mommy?" and I showed him the picture - he got a slight smile on his face and said "Oooh baby, she's cute." Thank you for posting! Congratulations!!!!!!!
Thanks Brook, I think she's pretty special myself.

Old 09-15-2010, 04:27 PM   #157
brookelizabeth
Jambo Wildbunch Gang

Exploring!

Before I begin, I uploaded a couple videos that should have gone with the last update:

Here is a video of Henry on the Magical Express
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f6lf83Tr3EQ (34 seconds)

And here is the one of him jumping - same as on Facebook (18 seconds)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=784-Ju5mEtg

You ready for some serious pictures??? Here we go!

We left off with me convincing Henry that we should go exploring around the Boardwalk. Originally I had a few things in mind, perhaps DTD...but knowing Joe was to arrive in a few hours I figured we could just explore the resort and see all it had to offer.

And we were off!

Our door

View from the window at the bank of elevators

Elevator area

He insisted on trying out the chairs

Not a good picture, but you can kinda see the Mickey on top

View on the 2nd floor in the elevator area - the pool is right outside, and the lobby is to the right

We went outside, we'll explore the lobby later!

-Insert scary music here-

A very well themed bar!

But none of this was of interest to us at that moment...on the other side of the pool we spotted...

A PLAYGROUND! H was ecstatic.

Driving his "helicopter"

A view from the playground area

After much playing we continued on our way.

Let's go the Boardwalk and find a treat!

Yep, this will do! A one scoop (more like 2.5!) of mint chocolate chip.

Our view from where we sat

Henry was running around here a bit - more wanting to run than wanting ice cream!

It was during this moment, sitting there in the shade on the Boardwalk, with it's wonderful music playing that I was swept away...I was hooked. I love the BW! I know I took a video to capture both music and pure loveliness, but I accidentally deleted it later in the week!

Continued in next post
Old 09-15-2010, 04:29 PM   #158
brookelizabeth
Jambo Wildbunch Gang

Continued from previous post

Okay, ice cream is done, let's keep exploring!

This is along the side of Flying Fish

We went back near the pool area because on the way Henry had spotted the arcade - and I knew it would be air conditioned!

I had him play for a while without buying a card - I had remembered back in December the cards were pretty expensive at Kidani and most all the games were 100 points or more! Other kids Henry's age had cards, and he figured out the difference with some of the games - he knew he was missing out, so I went to check out the prices again.

Either I'm not as cheap anymore , or it is way cheaper here! Plus all the games were MUCH cheaper, around 30 or 40 points each, so I caved and got him a 250 point card knowing he would love it, and he and Joe could have some fun here later in the week.

I have a feeling we'll be spending quite a bit of time in these arcades over the years.

First game - basketball!

He actually made several baskets! Joe and I are completely nonathletic, so it would be hilarious if he turned into a little sports star.

And if you read the little boys and guns talk on my PTR you'll find this funny...

I steered him over here instead.

This was a really neat bowling game!

Despite it being air conditioned in there, he had become one sweaty little boy during our adventures outside!

Woot! We got a spare!

Too bad we still STUNK at this game! It was only 5 frames, but 31?! Ya...lots of gutter balls...and I will say, Henry was better at it than me! All well, we had fun.

Next Henry found this little ride that you sit in and it's like a movie.

He wanted me to sit with him.

After we left the arcade we decided to explore the beautiful lobby.

He assured me that the chairs were quite comfortable.

Continued in next post
Old 09-15-2010, 04:30 PM   #159
Stasieki
DIS Veteran

Henry jumping on the bed is what it is all about. Seriously... I am getting goosebumps thinking about our next trip when my 4 yo Abby will get to have that Disney bed jumping experience (well, off-site Disney bed jumping experience at Bonnet Creek - hahaha.

And, I have to comment about Chik fil A. I grew up in Atlanta, home of the original. There were many birthday parties there. We have a few in our TN town and we go every Tues night after school for family night. Next time dip those waffle fries in the Polynesian Sauce - YUMMY.
Old 09-15-2010, 04:31 PM   #160
Stasieki
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dekkerdisneydreamer View Post
Thanks Brook, I think she's pretty special myself.
Dekker - she is adorable!!!! When was her b-day. My DD was born 4/4/10, and we are close-by in TN.
Old 09-15-2010, 04:31 PM   #161
brookelizabeth
Jambo Wildbunch Gang

Henry really liked this and the little guys inside!

This guy is above the fireplace.

This clown is WAY creepier than good 'ol George outside, don't ya think?

I convinced Henry to sit in it, he he. I don't think he liked it!!!

We went out a door at the other end of the lobby, on the Inn side. Before we went outside there was a Mom with a newborn sitting in one of the chairs - Henry loved that there was a teeny baby, so we stopped and said hello. The baby was only 12 days old! He was only 6 pounds! Such a teeny little man, so adorable.

Outside we went!

I think this would be a nice area to stay in for the Inns. There is a big grassy area in the middle, and it's still close to everything.

H LOVED the grass!!!!!! We do go to the park a lot, but even still, he doesn't get to play in grass every day!

Looking back at the beautiful lobby building.

Ya. I love it here.

Back up the stairs and heading toward the lobby...

Continued in next post
Old 09-15-2010, 04:32 PM   #162
brookelizabeth
Jambo Wildbunch Gang

We went out the big main doors of the lobby to walk some of the grounds, I knew Joe would be getting close by now - and figured it would be really fun for both him and Henry if we were waiting when his ME bus pulled up...I wasn't sure if I could plan it just right, but I was gonna try.

This is near where the park buses are

As we were walking a couple ME's went by. Joe had texted me a while ago that he was on the ME, so I was hoping it was one of his - we started to walk back toward the lobby area when Joe called...Henry had been shouting one of his current sayings, "Black White!" (it's his favorite type of cookie), under the awning - it was very cool because his voice would bounce around. Joe heard him the second he got off ME and knew we were close!!!

When I answered the phone we were close enough where Henry could hear Joe in real life and immediately called out "Daddy!? Where are you?" Joe spotted me from across the drive and hid behind a column until we got closer - Henry continued to call out for Joe...and then Joe stepped out of hiding. Henry was out of his stroller in a flash!

Henry was hanging on so tight Joe had lifted him off the ground with no hands!

It was all very, very sweet!!!

So now Joe is here...First things first, he's gotta see the room and check out that view!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y2gEyRlwwUU

He liked it.

Plans this evening were up in the air....what should we do next? DHS to meet up with Liesa (All7OfUs)? Relax at the resort? DTD?

Last edited by brookelizabeth; 09-15-2010 at 08:55 PM.
Old 09-15-2010, 04:50 PM   #163
Tinkerbellarella
I was all like, "Um, well...that's different

Quote:

Henry really liked this and the little guys inside!

I LOVE THIS!!!

Quote:

This guy is above the fireplace.
Very Moulin Rouge.

And I love the story of Henry "looking" for Joe. SO SWEET!

Old 09-15-2010, 04:56 PM   #164
moparop
DIS Veteran

That is one amazing resort. In the words of Liz Lemon, "I want to go there."
Old 09-15-2010, 05:27 PM   #165
dekkerdisneydreamer
Raising Disneyholics one at a time!

All hail Brook, picture taker extraordinare!!! I honestly feel like I'm right there with you. Man oh man, I have been wanting to stay here ever since we toured DVC back in 2003......sadly, we didn't buy in.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: