Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-06-2011, 06:19 PM   #1501
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

I did the backlot tour in 08. I got stuck on it. The las time I did it was in 99, so I'm not sure what has changed. But this time around they said we couldn't go to the catastrphe canyon and they had to take us out the gates and around, and they pretended like it was part of the ride. It was getting to be so long and I needed to get back to the hotel. I kind of laugh about it now, but I don't know if I'll tempt fate again and ever ride it. LOL!
Old 01-06-2011, 07:37 PM   #1502
pooh'smate
My ticker is actually a day off

Sounds like you had a magical day in DHS. I can not wait to try a carrot cake cookie. They look so yummy.

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-06-2011, 07:58 PM   #1503
lovegrumpy
DIS Veteran

Love the picture of Sulley and Henry.
HHI 2014

ME/DH/DS18/DS17
Or,Wa,FLx2,Ia,Cali,DC,Va
Been married to my Coastie for 18 years
Dh,Me,Ds 18,Ds 17
Old 01-06-2011, 08:12 PM   #1504
MeMom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by brookelizabeth View Post

Just a way to get the Walt Disney in, I guess, and I would have never thought of it as anything else but that if you had not enlightened me. Jill and I will have to amaze our family and friends with the details of this falsehood in the future, making them think we actually have some knowledge of the NY transportation system.

Quote:

There are my boys, a very happy Henry with a bag in hand.
This is cute, and I think the buses are a very nice purchase.

The Mike and Sulley pictures are adorable.

Try the white chocolate macadamia nut cookie from Writer's Stop one of these days. It is fairly yummy, too.
Mingos in da Watah! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2758143
Geen Yight: She's Out of Sight! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2677011
My Name is NOT Broccoli www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2611094
From Pop to the Top www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2495977
Mother, May I? Yes, You May www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2448482
Ringing in 2010 www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2356794
Brooklynn Takes Bella to Meet Cinderella www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2209387
A Two Short, Too Different Spring Break Trip www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2122295
Over the river and through the FUN! http://www.disboards.com/showthread....1#post29060069
A Ten Day Ride on a Magic Camel www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1869591
Baby and the Tramp...and a Pop Half Century www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1470678

We've stayed at Pop Century, All Star Sports, All Star Movies, All Star Music, French Quarter, Wilderness Lodge, Animal Kingdom Lodge, Art of Animation, Beach Club, Vero Beach, Kidani Village and Saratoga Springs - many trips, and many wonderful, magical memories made.
Old 01-06-2011, 10:00 PM   #1505
Poolrat
DIS Veteran

Hmmmm DHS day, the last day star tours was running. A great way to start with a nice boat ride. I think I know at least some things that happened that day.

BLT has alwys been one I do every once in a while too.

Have not been to the playground since the kids were real small.

Sully engulfing Henry is only his manpri's sticking out.
POOLRAT PATI am a Disney Dork. 75- Contemporary,77- offsite Hyatt,86- offsite 1 day trip,88- offsite 1 day trip,98- Contemporary w/kids,01- All Stars Movies,05- Boardwalk,06- Coronado,07- Carribbean Beach,08- Beach Club,Oct 09 - POP/Coronado, Dec09/Jan 10 ASMu/ CSR , July '10-POP, Sept '10 POFQ,Oct '10 2X for F&W @ POP Oct'11-ASSp Dec '11-DVC SSR/AKL July '12- BCV, Sept '12- DL, Oct '12- BCV, Dec'12-POP Jan '13- OKW May '13-BWV Oct '13- BCV DEC '13- BCV May14-POP Aug 14- VWL Oct '14-DL
Can't wait to go back
Old 01-06-2011, 10:14 PM   #1506
wigdoutdismom
DIS Veteran

I do love the Sulley pic and the evidence of Henry....
Little boy legs and sandals.
Old 01-07-2011, 07:21 AM   #1507
chicagoshannon
DIS Veteran

Glad Henry finally got his busses. That carrot cake cookie looks yummy!
Old 01-07-2011, 08:06 AM   #1508
lauren_elizabeth
Disney World Lover

I'm super duper late on this trip report, but I'm here and almost all the way caught up!

I love reading your reports since I can relate to everything so much with having a 3 year old boy myself. Things can get CRAAAZZYYY can't they? Hahaha. And I think I remember talking to you before about their birthdays and if I remember correctly, they're super close. (Jake is September 23rd)

Old 01-07-2011, 10:48 AM   #1509
norybell
DIS Veteran

What a great morning so far!

I've never been in the HISTK playground...I'm not even sure I could find it. It sure looks cute & fun, though.

Good catch on the WD subway; another thing I've never noticed, despite having lived in NY for ten years!

I would like a carrot cake cookie right now, please.
DISNEY TRIPS: 1977 - Vacation Villas 1978-1992 - many trips, all Vacation Villas or Treehouse Villas 1996 - Saratoga Springs August 2001 - YC May 2004 - YC April 2009 - YC October 2009 - CR/YC May 2010 - POR/GF/BWI October 2010 - POR/CSR/Poly January 2011 - CBR/WL April 2011 - Pop/GF/BC May 2011 - Disneyland GCH September 2011 - Poly October 2011 - AKL January 2012 - CR February/March 2012 - POFQ/Poly August 2012 - GF/BWI May 2013 - GF/BWV Sept 2013 - BCV Sept 2014 - ???

TRIP REPORTS:Nory Report III: In the Third Person! Nory and Simba CRAWL through the World: A Sept/Oct 2013 PTR Fleeing Wedding Showers for Epcot Flowers It's a SO-LO trip report!

Old 01-07-2011, 11:17 AM   #1510
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

I love love love the pictures of Henry with the Disney buses. Such a sweet happy smile!

My next favorite pic is the one where Henry is disappearing into Sulley's fur.

2014 trip report: Disney dangled the visual weinee and Mickeystoontown gobbled it up! Our two week adventure!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....6#post51642226

Old 01-07-2011, 12:11 PM   #1511
disneyfan61
DIS Veteran

Wow Brook great update!!

We had not done the Back Lot Tour for a few years so we did it in 2009. And we got picked to be part of it. I told them as we were getting our "gear" on that I wanted one of the easy jobs (meaning not the one that gets soaked) & guess who is the one that got soaked!!! But it was a lot of fun & my DH & sons got really into the acting part on the boat which is really funny because they are usually very reserved & quiet. I wish I would have gotten a video.

It looks like you had a great morning at DHS. I hope it continues.

I love the pic of the three of you on the boat & the pic of Henry with the big hat it looks like he is wearing it.

My fav pic is the one when Sulley is giving him a big ol hug!! All you can see is part of Henry's legs.
Old 01-07-2011, 12:21 PM   #1512
gellybean
DIS Veteran

Love the pic of Sully Monster hug!! That's awesome!

The Backlot Tour looks like it's the same as it was the last time we rode it! Years ago. Anyone know what changed?

I so need to try me a carrot cake cookie!

We discovered the Honey I Shrunk the Kids playground in December. That place freaks me out a bit! As a pooh sized fluffy chunky mommy I kept freaking out that I couldn't get up those little tight holes to get to my kid if I needed to! I kept making Dash watch Jack Jack. I just kept looking around at all the possibilities of losing a kid in there! Maybe it was my pregnant paranoia!

Jack Jack is just that much younger than Henry. He loved the red tongue slide and freaked out on the film slide and only would go down with Dash behind him. Too funny!

Buses look like an excellent purchase! I may have to bring those back for Jack Jack. He loves him some Mickey Mouse buses!

Glad y'all had a good day!! Looking forward to that 20 min boat ride to DHS next week!

Read all about our special needs, miracle daughter Violet @ http://youjustmightfindyougetwhatyouneed.blogspot.com/

September 2012 PTR - I actually just squealed with excitement!! We are going back! Baby girl's 1st trip!! Nemo Suite at AoA
Old 01-07-2011, 02:00 PM   #1513
Harters2WDW
Mouseketeer

Enjoy the trip report!! It's giving me great ideas for our trip in March!

Carrot Cake cooke....yum!! (Scrambling to put that on my list!!)
March 2009 Coronado Springs * March 2011 Caribbean Beach Resort * August 2012 Pop Century * June 2013 Port Orleans Riverside * Thanksgiving 2013 All-Star Movies * July 2014 All-Star Sports * March 2015 Disney Dream

Follow our Disney adventures on Instagram #Harters2WDW
Old 01-07-2011, 02:17 PM   #1514
brookelizabeth
Jambo Wildbunch Gang

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charleston Princess View Post
Yeay! So many fun things to comment on!

Your day started off great with the boat ride! I bet that was nice and relaxing!

Oh, I hope you had as good a day at DHS as you normally do -- so far, it seems to be holding true!

I ADORE the picture of Henry looking up at Bo! Sheer cuteness!!!

LOL! Who knew there were so many Buzzes in the gift shop!

I think the Backlot Tour is a good time -- like you said, it's not something you need to do everytime, but Catastrophe Canyon is really cool.

I never would have known the subway stop was inaccurate!

Yum! I would really like a carrot cake cookie right about now!

Ah, I just melted over the picture of Happy Henry with his bag of buses!

Sully really gives big hugs, doesn't he?
The boat ride was so nice. We loved that little perk of the resort! Disney boats are so relaxing and enjoyable.

I didn't even realize I had THAT many various Buzz pictures until I was doing the update. I can't remember if that was my goal in that shop, or if I was just snapping pictures and happened to take them all of Buzz!

I just love that picture of Henry with Sully. It's so stinkin' funny. Henry talked about it quite a bit and how Sully felt.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IluvXU View Post
Hannah just got home saw the slide and playground pics and said, "Where is that?" I confessed and it is added to the must do! I have never been in the TSM store or seen the Monsters Inc meet and greet area.... add those to the list too!
Oh no! I'm sorry you now have to enter that hot box! But, it is very cool and fun to watch your kiddos have so much fun in there. I know as a child I would have loved that!

The Monsters Inc meet & greet is located right behind that shop across from the playground, it would be hard to find unless you knew just where it was or happened across it like we did!

Quote:
Originally Posted by blessedby3 View Post
I have not seen that meet and greet area either....we will have to find it on our next trip. Henry looked so cute with Sully....it looked like he was devoured by him! Adorable and great that the photopass photographer caught it! Alexa looked a bit nervous watching that video. Hopefully she will actually go up and meet them when we are there She did really enjoy seeing the pictures and video of Henry on the playground. We are making that a must do for our next trip.
It is really hard to see and find! It's behind the gift shop, so you have to go through the shop to even see that it's there. Kinda strange that it can't be seen well from the main walkway.

I hope Alexa is brave and goes to meet Mike & Sully! They are very nice monsters. She will have a blast on that playground!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bellebookworm9 View Post
Allow me to wow you with my Hannah Montana knowledge That is a chicken coop. It used to be a rundown plain wooden boring shack. But Miley's grandma tells her cute farmhand/Miley's crush that he can be in charge of the chickens and sell the eggs. So they decide to fix it up together. Then they get in a fight, and Miley stays up all night painting it so he'll forgive her. I personally love that Chicken Coop, and it was my favorite thing on the Backlot Tour! We hadn't seen the Tour in any previous incarnation either, and thought it was okay, but we probably won't do it again for awhile. I love the pictures of the HISTK playground-we saw part of the water gun while eating at Studio Catering Co., but that was it.
I'm wowed!!! That makes a lot of sense now. And from the bits I have seen of Hannah Montana, the colorful paint job suits something she would do. I was just baffled by the egg sticking out the back and the crazy paint. And despite it being LOUD, it's does have cuteness to it!

The HISTK playground is very cool. I have tons of pictures of it over the years. I wonder if the rumor that they plan to change it to a Bug's Life will ever hold true? Sure would be easy and make sense!

Quote:
Originally Posted by onescgirl View Post
Love the pictures of Henry with Mike & Sully and on the playground. He's just adorable! Those toy buses look like pretty cool toy. Levi would have loved those when he was little.
I'm glad you were able to get some TSM fastpasses!
The meet with Mike & Sully was a lot of fun. The eye rub/hug made me laugh.

I was happy to have those TSM fastpasses too! I was hoping Henry would be able to do it on his own like he did for Buzz. We'll see....!
Feb 2014 - Vero Beach ... Sept 2013 - CR/Disney Fantasy...March 2013 - AKL/SSR/POR ... Oct 2012 - OKW ... Sept 2012 - Disney Magic ... June 2012 - Disney Magic ... Jan 2012 - PPH/VGC ... Aug 2011 - Pop/YC/OKW ... May 2011 - ASMo ... Feb/March 2011 - BWV/BLT ... Sept 2010 - BWV ... Dec/Jan 2009/10 - AKV ... Sept 2009 - CSR ... Jan 2009 - SSR ... Nov 2008 - WL ... Oct 2006 - AKL
Old 01-07-2011, 05:49 PM   #1515
3prettyprincesses
"These pretzels are making me thirsty!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by brookelizabeth View Post

Awww, how sweet is this pic of Henry! Too cute Brook! If you look at it just right, it looks like he's wearing the sorceror hat too!

You got some fabulous shots of HS too girl! I want to slow down and capture those details as well.

My nephew would LOVE those miniature Disney buses!

Sweet little Henry has graduated to big slide! He looked so small on it yet totally confident!

Looks like you had amazing time at HS! Glad Bo was there too, did you say hello?

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: