Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-14-2010, 11:40 PM   #136
brookelizabeth
Jambo Wildbunch Gang

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeMom View Post
Love that view!

The Mickey touch on the furniture is cool.
Understated, but still representin'.
The view was simply amazing. If we ever stay there again, I'm asking to be RIGHT there. It was so easy to get to everything + had a view.

I loved that little Mickey touch too! One I didn't get that was in the room was the carpet. It looks like nice hotel carpet, but it had hidden Mickey's in it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrooklynnsMommy View Post
Love the update. Love the view from your room - absolutely gorgeous! So glad you guys got Joe's ticket changed and without a fee!
I was hoping we could do it without a fee due to the hurricane, but Joe saw something on their website that made us think there might be some random fee....but nope! How could he NOT fly out early? Work was cool with it, we juggled around his vacation time, and no fee!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeysmyboy View Post
Woo hoo for everything going so smoothly! Perfect for you traveling alone with Henry! I had wondered how you were getting to the airport but forgot to ask! I'm glad someone gave up their seat for you!

Your lunch sounds yummy! We'll have to try it one of these days!

Oh no, IT! Poor you! Good thing he decided to do IT before the bus left not after!

I love, love, love the pictures of BW! It looks so pretty! I can't wait until March! Henry looks like he's having such a good time jumping on the bed!
I had thought about booking car service, but figured since we were traveling so light that I'd just do the bus - it's such a quick ride. When the bus first pulled up I was kicking myself though!

I was VERY glad IT arrived before the bus left. I would have felt sooooo badly for those around me if not!

The BW is wonderful! I truly fell in love with the resort. I hope I was able to capture the overall feel of it with my pictures.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KristiMc View Post
Great beginning to your trip. Your room was beautiful. I will have to add Boardwalk Villas to my list of must-stays.
Yes! You won't be disappointed! From the easy walk to DHS and Epcot, to the beauty within the resort...it's awesome!

Quote:
Originally Posted by princess&her4princes View Post
What a great morning so far! Henry seemed like he was a great traveling companion for you!!

Love Chic-fil-A, we had them in Philly and they are delish, they don't have them here in MA, anymore, so we always eat them when we're out visiting Todds family. YUM!!!

So glad that you got Joe's ticket switched over and WOOHOO for no fee!

What a beautiful view at the resort, just gorgeous and the weather looked fabulous, too!!!

Can't wait to here more!!!!
Tonight I had McDoanlds Southern Style Sandwich...I had to pretend it was Chick-Fil-A! The bun got all weird and soggy...it just didn't measure up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessCaitlin View Post
Henry looks so cute and excited/sleepy!

That sandwich from Chick-Fil-A looks soo good!

That's adorable that you and Henry danced to the bus

Good shot of the welcome gate!

Henry takes part in one of my favorite "we are at disney moments" jumping on the bed yes at almost 20 I still get a kick out of jumping on the bed although I don't like nearly as cute as Henry when he does it

Ugh looking at your pics makes me miss Boardwalk

Great update!
Shhhhh....I am 31 and joined him on the bed for a few jumps!

I feel ya, looking at my pics (and I'm sure when I see yours!) make me miss it too.
Feb 2014 - Vero Beach ... Sept 2013 - CR/Disney Fantasy...March 2013 - AKL/SSR/POR ... Oct 2012 - OKW ... Sept 2012 - Disney Magic ... June 2012 - Disney Magic ... Jan 2012 - PPH/VGC ... Aug 2011 - Pop/YC/OKW ... May 2011 - ASMo ... Feb/March 2011 - BWV/BLT ... Sept 2010 - BWV ... Dec/Jan 2009/10 - AKV ... Sept 2009 - CSR ... Jan 2009 - SSR ... Nov 2008 - WL ... Oct 2006 - AKL
Old 09-14-2010, 11:50 PM   #137
brookelizabeth
Jambo Wildbunch Gang

Quote:
Originally Posted by kschafer View Post
So this is where you have all been hiding out

Yep, just finding you...going back to read now!
Katie!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2xcited2sleep View Post
What a great start to your day!! I am dying to try Chick-Fil-A but I think it may have to be on the way home. Once I get to MCO, I'm not sure I can stand to do anything but go straight to ME as fast as my legs will carry me!

The rooms look great and I can't believe the luck you had with the view!!

Great pictures as always!!

Looking forward to hearing where you went exploring!
I understand! We usually skip over anything in the airport too, but my flight landed at 1:07 and I was HUNGRY! I had no idea ME would be that quick (and probably wouldn't have been if I didn't stop!), plus Chick-Fil-A was a destination for me, not just lunch.

Quote:
Originally Posted by onelilspark View Post
Oh look at that view!!
Isn't it pretty?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TyRy View Post
So glad you had such luck with your travels and check-in...that always makes for a great start to vacation. And I love that Henry has his own "jumping on the bed" tradition firmly in place.

I have to admit we tried Chick-fil-A once on a drive to WDW and we were not impressed (ducking now!) Maybe it was an off day or store, but I had so wanted to love it and it was just bad. So bad that DH actually agreed to stop somewhere else and get something else...you know it was not good if he agreed to that. We may have to try the one at MCO and see if we like it any better.
Wow! You must have hit a bad store or off day. I can see people just thinking "Meh, it's chicken." but so bad that your DH agreed to stop somewhere else...! I would say give it another shot...it really is very good - the chicken is VERY juicy, done just right and not greasy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdwgirl03 View Post
Yay, I feel so honored to have gotten mentioned in this TR. I told you Chick-Fil-A is good! That is what I always say, the chicken is sooo juicy. Somebody I work with told me there is one somewhere in WI (not very close to where I live sadly) so I might have to go find it. haha

Love all the BW pictures! So glad your travels went smoothly and you made it safely.
Where in WI is it?!?! I'd be tempted to drive from MN when visiting. Thank you for the clue-in on it being right in MCO, I have so many friends from the south that have spoken of this restaurant for YEARS, it was great to finally try it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by that's nice View Post
EXACTLY!!!! LOL That was proper form!

Brooke- Did I miss the part where you had luggage? Did you do Disney for a week with just a backpack of clothes?
(I'm assuming your DH took the bag(s))

Hurray for someone offering you a seat on the bus. Nice to see there are chivalric people out there. (I think I used this word right )

Glad your flight was smooth... no booger pickin' huh?

Chick-fil-a is so good isn't it. Are you sure there isn't one in the city? I find that so hard to believe. Want to open a franchise with me down there.... it would make a killing!

Henry must of got a kick out of the CM's singing to him... how cute!

The room was awesome and the view was amazing!!!!!! You were rolling on all cylinders this morning!!!!!!
Oh yes, DH had the HUUUUUUUUUUUGE suitcase. I did have a backpack with things for Henry and I for that day and the next -when Joe was supposed to arrive. It was stuffed full! I just wanted to be hands free with a toddler. I could have probably gotten all of Henry's stuff in there for a week, but not mine too!

I guess I'm not 100% sure there is one here...Googling....HOLY SMOKES THERE IS ONE AT NYU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

GAH - "Store Hours: * This unit may have restricted access to the public. Please call for information about accessibility, directions, menu, and hours of operations. "

Seriously.

I'm gonna call. And then hire someone to make me a fake NYU ID.

Quote:
Originally Posted by praisehisname View Post
So glad Henry was such a great traveling companion for you since you were alone! It really does sound like the trip down went extremely smooth!

Yay for Chick-Fil-A!!! Did you put anything on your sandwich (mayo, sauce)? I always ask them to leave off the pickle. Did you get the lemonade? Best lemonade ever!

Wow, I can't say enough about how beautiful your room was! I so want to stay at Boardwalk now!
I put BBQ sauce on it - the gal didn't tell me about the Chick-Fil-A Sauce, which I had on the way BACK (yep, had it twice!). But even just the normal BBQ sauce was gooooood eatin'. I didn't get the lemonade! I completely forgot about that. I'll be back and lemonade will be had.
Feb 2014 - Vero Beach ... Sept 2013 - CR/Disney Fantasy...March 2013 - AKL/SSR/POR ... Oct 2012 - OKW ... Sept 2012 - Disney Magic ... June 2012 - Disney Magic ... Jan 2012 - PPH/VGC ... Aug 2011 - Pop/YC/OKW ... May 2011 - ASMo ... Feb/March 2011 - BWV/BLT ... Sept 2010 - BWV ... Dec/Jan 2009/10 - AKV ... Sept 2009 - CSR ... Jan 2009 - SSR ... Nov 2008 - WL ... Oct 2006 - AKL
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-14-2010, 11:56 PM   #138
brookelizabeth
Jambo Wildbunch Gang

Quote:
Originally Posted by dekkerdisneydreamer View Post
My trip was last November. Madelyn has kept me very busy, she'll be three months old on Saturday. If it's okay with you, I'll post a pic of her here. I seem to remember something about the family moving to NYC, and I see from your Central Park Zoo post, it happened! As soon as I get enough posts, I'll PM you. Glad to see you've been back to Disney. We're going back in October 2011 and planning on staying at AKV.
My goodness, where does time go?! And yep, we did finally make the move to NYC! We just arrived in mid-June and are loving it.

PLEASE do post some pictures of your little one - as many as you'd like! Hijack, hijack!

Quote:
Originally Posted by vamassey1 View Post
Wonderful arrival!

Beautiful room and great pictures. I love the pics of Henry jumping on the bed. No wonder he didn't want to leave the room.
Exactly! The bed was like a ride to him! It was cute to let him do that and watch him in his excitement.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mandas08 View Post
I also love Chick-fil-A...so yummy. Luckily we have one about a mile from our apartment. We dont visit it as much as we should tho . You room looks amazing! Its really nice but at the same time laid back and relaxing. I would love to have a view like that!!!
In a way I'm glad there isn't Chick-Fil-A around the corner. I just visited their website and saw they have a new Spicy sandwich...drool.

The room was awesome. From pictures I had seen online I wasn't all that impressed, but when I was there it was something else! Lush and beautiful, yet comfortable -just like you said.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinkerbellarella View Post
Tink hearts Chik-fil-A.
Much like Tink hearts MANY restaurants NOT realistically accessible to her but the TV INSISTS on advertising, like:

Cici's
Sonic
Golden Corral

::shakes fist::

But what a WONDERFUL travel day for you guys! LOTS of Disney mojo going on.
I understand! That used to happen to us in Minnesota too. We had Sonic commercials for YEARS before they put one in finally. I would get so irritated.

Though, the commercials were funny and clever.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenjolt View Post
WOW what an amazing arrival day!! I'm so glad everything worked out for you!!!!!

WHAT A VIEW!! Oh Brook I hope I get some of your pixie dust and I get a room like that in January!! I think your picture brought tears to my eyes and to think I'm going to be there in 4 short months!!! WOOT WOOT!!!!

Love the pictures of Henry jumping on the bed!! What fun was had!!

Can't wait for more!
Have you guys put in any requests for your room? I wish I knew the Inn side and I could direct you on what to request!!!! I hope you love the BW!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dawnbu40 View Post
Ok so our room pictures are going to look identical except ours lack the adorable 3 year old

Glad your arrival went so smoothly!
Did you have that view too?

Quote:
Originally Posted by glennbo123 View Post
A little slow, but I'm here Brook!
It's okay Glenn,

I could crack a joke about age...but I won't.
Old 09-15-2010, 12:01 AM   #139
brookelizabeth
Jambo Wildbunch Gang

Quote:
Originally Posted by gellybean View Post

That's awesomeness!!! And I thought *I* was bad setting my alarm 30 mins ahead of time!!!!

Gotta love that Disney excitement that makes any sleep deprivation disappear!!! Love that! LOVE the feeling of waking up that first morninig of a vacation with it all ahead of you!

AHEM. I think you mean the McDonald's Southern Style Sandwich is like the Chick Fil A Original.

Honestly I don't know what came first... but I know down here in Texas, we had Chick Fil A long time before the Southern Style hit McD's.

I've been eating Chick Fil since I was a preteen. Back when the only ones they had were in the mall. Before they were a free standing fast food joint like all the others. Least that's how it was here in Texas. They originated in Georgia, Atlanta I think. They never open on Sundays for religious reasons. The founder of Chick Fil A stayed at the Ritz Carlton a lot, after he made it in the chicken sandwich business and liked the way the employees at the Ritz treated their guests so much that he adopted their "My pleasure" response for Chick Fil A employees.

Kinda cool huh?

It's my second favorite company, next to Disney of course!

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhh no!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! I'm so sorry you had the IT bomb hit you on the ME! It's NOT fun when it hits the airplane. I can't imagine it on a bus!

Oh that's brilliant!

Thank goodness for discrete set to the side benches!

I'm so in with this picture of Henry! Awww-dor-able!

Such a big boy! I bet he loved seeing his reflection in the mirror as he jumped! Love the impromptu dancing in line! I have noticed lately the little things that are different when it's just me and Jack Jack so I get what you mean about those rare moments with a mom and toddler, solo!

So glad you guys had some magic going on this morning! Your room view is AWESOME!

I totally didn't realize that you and Joe had secured his earlier flight that morning. Here I was thinking it was more last minute, surprise Brook I'm on my way, than that! Glad you guys erred on the side of caution and had him join y'all ahead of Earl!

Can't wait to read more!!!!
You are right! Chick-Fil-A influenced the Southern Style at McDonalds, I'm SURE if it. It's a total rip off.

Except it's waaaaaaaaaaay better at Chick-Fil-A!

And thanks for the tidbits on the company, I LOVE to support a good company, and it sounds like they are one, which is so rare nowadays - especially chains.

As soon as I smelled IT I thought of you and laughed! I'm glad it wasn't on the plane or during the ME ride though!

When I was riding the bus with Henry I remember staring out the window and just soaking in the moment...I kissed the top of his head and breathed him in. Some moments, as a Mom of a toddler I want to rip my hair out, but others are just magic!

That would have been so SWEET of Joe to just show up! But nope, I knew all along. I was happy he took the matter into his own hands though and called the airline, etc!
Old 09-15-2010, 12:13 AM   #140
norybell
DIS Veteran

Hi! Just found your report...sounds like you had a "practically perfect" travel-to-WDW day so far, I hope it continued!

And I totally agree with you that we desperately need some Chick-Fil-A's here in NY. No Chick-Fil-A, no Sonic, no Krispy Kreme, no Dairy Queen...this is a sad, sad city we live it!
DISNEY TRIPS: 1977 - Vacation Villas 1978-1992 - many trips, all Vacation Villas or Treehouse Villas 1996 - Saratoga Springs August 2001 - YC May 2004 - YC April 2009 - YC October 2009 - CR/YC May 2010 - POR/GF/BWI October 2010 - POR/CSR/Poly January 2011 - CBR/WL April 2011 - Pop/GF/BC May 2011 - Disneyland GCH September 2011 - Poly October 2011 - AKL January 2012 - CR February/March 2012 - POFQ/Poly August 2012 - GF/BWI May 2013 - GF/BWV Sept 2013 - BCV Sept 2014 - ???

TRIP REPORTS:Nory Report III: In the Third Person! Nory and Simba CRAWL through the World: A Sept/Oct 2013 PTR Fleeing Wedding Showers for Epcot Flowers It's a SO-LO trip report!

Old 09-15-2010, 12:15 AM   #141
brookelizabeth
Jambo Wildbunch Gang

Quote:
Originally Posted by dekkerdisneydreamer View Post
Wow!! What luck with your view! That would've brought tears to my eyes too. This is one property I really want to stay at, so I'm looking forward to your thoughts on it.
The view was the icing on the whole day - it had gone so smoothly, then I opened the curtains and saw THAT. It was pure Disney magic!

Quote:
Originally Posted by eandesmom View Post
what a perfect first morning! Isn't that the BEST feeling? Waking up just before you need to all on your own?

I know it sounds silly but I'm like you....I may not have 4 alarms (though have been known to on work trips between cell phone, wake up call and the clock in the room, not totally trusting any of them) but I can hit snooze for an hour, every day, without batting an eye.

LOVE the room pics, so pretty!!!!!!!!!!!!

I still can't get over how light you travel.

Major pixie dust all around so far, love it!
It does feel great to wake up on my own! I wish I could more often. I'm such a hard sleeper. You'd think having a toddler would change that, but nope! He usually has to crawl all over me before I wake up.

Remember though Joe DID bring the MONDO suitcase the next day. Even so, I know it's pretty light compared to others...we truly only bring what we will need. I have the opinion that in the off chance I will need pain medication, we'll buy it, instead of packing things like that and never using them. That helps cut down on stuff. Plus, Henry's clothes are still teeny!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3prettyprincesses View Post
Fabulous update Brook! I love your descriptive narrative too, I love details!

I seriously laughed out loud when I read about your vast array of alarm clocks! That was me in college. I used to be a very heavy sleeper and it usually took my sweet room mate dragging me by the feet to get me actually up! I think I was always in denial that it was time to get up or something? I'm better now but I still don't always hear my alarm!

Ok, I'm going to have to agree with Tim and ask how the heck you managed to pack you AND Henry in a backpack?? The laws of physics totally negate that possibility! If indeed you DID pack that smartly, well, you should write a book or host a segment on Martha Stewart!

Wow, you had excellent Disney magic while traveling and when arriving! I hope it continued. I love that the CM's made a big deal out sweet Henry's b-day button! The rooms are lovely at BWV too. And your view was amazing, so pretty! Henry looks so thrilled to be there, jumping away on the bed and watching himself in the mirror! Adorable. And I totally understand your teary-eyed feelings about being there. It's just a special place and nowhere else makes me feel that way.

How is it humanly possible that you do NOT have a Chick-fil-a?? I'm seriously baffled. The original chicken sandwich is one of my favs and guess what else? At Christmas time, they have a peppermint milk shake. Oh Brook, it's like this drink fell from the heavens, it's that good! Better IMO (don't get upset!) than the shamrock shakes from Mcd's. There, I said it! Please don't kick me off your trip report!
I'm glad I'm not alone with the crazy alarm clocks! I so wish I could be one of those people that can just wake up!

As for the backpack, I only had that day's needs + the next day in the back pack since Joe was supposed to be arriving the next day in the orginal plans. So, a couple shirts, shorts, some diapers, little travel sized toiletries...it wasn't much. The BIG suitcase came with Joe on the plane. I wanted to be hands-free since I was traveling solo with Henry.

about the Shamrock Shakes!! I wouldn't doubt for a SECOND that Chick-Fil-A's are better, everything there seems to be already! Now I'm "needing" a December trip so I can try them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by loritemp View Post
oh my gosh...Oh My Gosh...OH MY GOSH!!!! Love love the pics of BW!!! I am so hoping we can book it for our March trip, just waiting to officially be in the Disney system

Henry is like a seasoned traveller now, fabulous! So glad it went so well.

I am so excited to hear more!!
It is an awesome resort!!! I have two teeny negative things to say about it - 1) the hallways are LONG, so if you aren't near the elevator, you might be walking a ways...but there are stairwells, so if you don't need the lobby area, it's not a big deal. 2) they have ONE ice machine for the entire villa side! It was nuts trying to find it!

Both minor and can be worked around, everything else was GREAT. I want to stay there again and again! Lots more pictures of it coming soon!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hasil72 View Post
Joining in the fun after stalking the PTR. I'm loving all the pics since I didn't follow on FB. They are FABULOUS!

As for you who have yet to experience Chick Fil A, I am so so sorry.

Let's go Dec 2011!
Glad you are posting over here!

It is a serious shame CFA isn't all over the United States yet. So many people are missing out!

Quote:
Originally Posted by heaven2dc View Post
What a magical morning you had already! We had a room on the third floor below you back in Feb 2008 with a huge balcony! It's great that you didn't make any requests and got such a fabulous view
Ooooooh, I saw those huge balconies. Drool. Do they have a full sized table on them, or just the normal bistro type set? That location is AWESOME, close to everything, beautiful view, yet still quiet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 999ghostslover View Post
I'm in! Love your TR so far. Very impressed that you were able to do it by yourself. Your son is so sweet.

We will be traveling with a turning 3 year old on the trip so I can't wait to see all that Henry is able to do to get an idea for my DS.

And Chick-Fil-A rocks. We have a ton here. But I would give them all away for 1 Dunkin Donuts. Heck, I would give away a kid for that.

And in the future...the chick Fil A kids meals have notoriously lame toys but you can trade the toy for ice cream if you want. Yum!

Keep the updates coming!
Three is such a GREAT age for Disney!!! This was Henry's 5th trip, but hands down the BEST. It was so much fun to experience his reactions and watch him light up with joy. The day we got back he said "I want to go to Mickey's!" It was cute.

Ooooh Dunkin'. How I love thee. We do have those...and EVERYWHERE here. I have one less than a block away, and another about 4 blocks...and another about 6. They are pretty much near any subway or bus stop in Queens! And of course they give Henry free munckins, so he asks to go there...how can I say no? The iced coffee lures me in and I stay for the donuts. :yes::

Great tip on the kids meals at CFA!
Old 09-15-2010, 12:28 AM   #142
brookelizabeth
Jambo Wildbunch Gang

Quote:
Originally Posted by Connie96 View Post
That is one very beautiful view. We stayed at BWI in 2004. We had the room on the corner right over the yellow awning (over the candy shop, I think?). We spent a lot of time just sitting on that balcony and soaking it up.

Sounds like yall had an amazing start! Can't wait to hear more.
A Boardwalk View would be beautiful! I would love to watch the boats.

Have you seen pics of BWI's recent refurb? It's completely stunning!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by onescgirl View Post
Girl, I cannot believe you have never had Chick-fil-a before! I'm eating there for lunch today. Open one up in NYC & you will be rich!!!!

I'm glad you had a great trip down.
Henry looked so cute jumping around in the room. And, your view was awesome!!!!!

How many SD cards did you use? You're making me think I may need to buy some extra ones with the amount of pictures you took.
I think Tim and I might just do that Chick-Fil-A store here...! I did see they have one at NYU, but it seems to be only for students. I'm gonna call and ask though!

We only ever bring 1 SD card, but we also bring our laptop and download every single night and charge the battery. I took a LOT of pictures this trip...over 500 each on both our first MK day and Epcot day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ethansmommy View Post
What a great view you had at the BW. Out of all the trips we have made to Disney we have never been down to the BoardWalk area, I am going to try and make it this year. Can you get to the boardwalk area from epcot?? Im trying to think of the easiest way.
Yep! It's very easy...I see it was explained below too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by loritemp View Post
It's super simple...take the international gateway, it's a little walk way coming from the UK right before France. You can hop on a boat or take a quick walk right ot the boardwalk area!!
Yep - in the WS instead of turning left to go over the bridge into France (when walking from the UK), keep going straight down the path and hill. There is a small gift shop on the right, then through the gates. Follow the sidewalk and you'll see the YC/BC and the BW. It's really easy and a quick walk!

The boat dock is directly to the left of the turnstiles.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IBelieveInTheMagic View Post
I loved the official first update!! I remember seeing the Chic Fil A sandwich picture on FB and giggled. We live in the land of Chic Fil A and I guess we're fortunate. They make great food and I'm pretty sure they have ties to being, how do I say...a religious company because they are closed on Sunday's and their CEO speaks to this quite often. Not sure if you knew that trivia or not

Keep them coming - no pressure!

Heather
I had heard of them being closed on Sunday's. I personally think it is great for the owner to live up to his standards despite the money they loose on that day! It sounds like a great company.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chloe770 View Post
Brook - if you ever travel over into New Jersey they have Chick-Fil-A's there. I think the closest one to the city would be Paramus Mall maybe. Don't know for sure. I do know I have 2 with 5 miles of me Probably the only fast food I will eat. Love the lemonade too.
A bit ago I was on the CFA website and saw that one in Jersey! I know you guys also get Shamrock Shakes at some of your McDonald's. Apparently NYU has one as well, but it seems to be closed to the public and only for students!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisMomAmy View Post
What a great day!
It really, really was! So many things could have been awful about our travel, but it was magical!

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneydusted View Post
Yay, awesome start! Loved the alarm clock story!
The photo of Henry on the bed by the pillows is so cute! He looks full of fun mischief! Again, I love your view, love the Boardwalk, so happy you liked it!
It's fun to have followed you on FB and now getting all of the details... it's like you are there again!
Earlier today I was reviewing my trip notes for this day, which I did not do before I wrote this update and I forgot to share a story you will find especially funny...

Henry and I were in the security line at LGA and a nice man in front of us started talking to Henry and we told him we were going to Disney, etc. small talk stuff...and then he asks, "Do you like Steve McQueen?" Blank stare from Henry. I had to stifle a laugh and thought of you INSTANTLY. You aren't alone!! He had a little girl, so he has a good excuse too. His wife laughed at him and corrected him, it was a fun moment.

And just today Henry watched Finding Nemo and I noticed the film was dedicated to Glenn McQueen - which is where the name came from.
Old 09-15-2010, 12:36 AM   #143
brookelizabeth
Jambo Wildbunch Gang

Quote:
Originally Posted by manntra View Post
Phew!!!! I am here!!!! AT least I wasn't toooooooooo far behind!!!
George? Okay...George it is then!!
Loved the random "Let's dance" at ME!! How cute is that?!!
Bus waiting, room ready....GREAT view!!! Such a pretty room...I even like the little kitchen area
That is one happy Henry

Tracy
It was a very cute moment where he shouted out for us to dance! It's not entirely uncommon...I've danced in some pretty random places with him.

I really liked the kitchen area too! I don't know if I'm just used to a tiny NYC kitchen, but it seemed HUGE for a hotel room!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeystoontown View Post
Signing on. Your little Henry is the cutest thing ever. I think my favorite picture is him looking at himself while jumping on the bed. Looking forward to more.
Thank you!!! He did like that mirror and that he could make funny faces at himself while he jumped!

Quote:
Originally Posted by disney<333 View Post
Could things get any better so far?! The rooms look great and Henry looks very excited to be visiting he pals again.
Ahh, yes I remember "cousin IT" I was very glad when he moved away.
It was a VERY smooth travel day - our best yet I think!!

I'm attempting to make IT move away. Today was a big huge failure in that area....but we tried. It can only get better!

Quote:
Originally Posted by harleyquinn View Post
Love the pics!! Can't wait to be there! I want to hear all about BWV!! And that crazy clown!
BWV was awesome! Me and the clown, BFF.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poolrat View Post
What a great view.
You sure made travelling with a 3 year in NYC look easy.

Yup - something got me about Thursday and at least it waited until I got back to get bad. Just allergies. They were spreading mulch at FQ so maybe that was it. Who knows, with my allergies it could be anything
It really was a great travel day! I had planned to be as simple as possible, and tried to just take it easy and slow - it certainly helped. I was relieved to be packed and ready to go on time, that could have ruined the entire day really. And honestly, Henry is a pretty chill kid. He has his moments!!!!, but overall, he's a breeze compared to some three year olds.

I'm glad your allergies didn't act up until you got back! That would have not been a fun way to end a trip.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kschafer View Post
found you this morning but didn't have enough time to read before work

sounds like a fabulous start to your trip! Up early, easy flight, right on ME and room ready I'm with C though...not sure I could stop for food at the airport on arrival...too excited to get there
We are usually that way too! I was starved though, and didn't know when I'd get to eat. Plus I made Chick-Fil-A a destination, part of the adventure!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by k_reile View Post
wow...9 pages...i am really behind! We used the little spot between the kitchenette and the doorway for Caleb's crib! It worked awesome and was like his own little room! But we were at the Beach Club but I am sure it is set up the same!
Oooh, that would be a great spot for the crib too! I loved having that little area, I know there was something like it at SSR when we stayed in a Studio too...I wonder if all the Studios have that? I sure hope so!
Old 09-15-2010, 12:47 AM   #144
brookelizabeth
Jambo Wildbunch Gang

Quote:
Originally Posted by wigdoutdismom View Post
Dang Brook, will I ever get caught up? We'll be hanging out with the clown in 6 weeks!
I have links!! Hopefully that will help.

Say hello to George for me! I'm jealous, such a GREAT resort! We hope to try your "home" at the BC soon too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wigdoutdismom View Post
Love the video of Henry jumping on the bed, so cute! We fell in love with the Boardwalk when we stayed there last spring break. It's such a pretty resort! Even with that clown!
Glad the trip down went smoothly, can't wait to read more!
It really is such a beautiful resort. I miss the music the most - it truly sets the tone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by trinaweena View Post
I'm here! Great start so far! I'm already jealous!

Quote:
Originally Posted by *dreamit*doit* View Post
Page 9 already!!! Okay, need to catch up! Soooo looking forward to this!!
Glad you found me!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by moparop View Post
What a great start to the trip! You got every good trip vibe there is. Well, of course, except for IT. I was afraid IT was going to be a flashback to your trip from two years ago. So glad for all around that it was not!

We were at Chick-Fil-A tonight. I totally thought of you while eating. We're there most Tuesdays. Kids eat free and they provide crafts for them to do too. We are pretty much junkies!
Oh my! I'm SO glad it wasn't that IT. That was NOT fun. This IT was a breeze! Standard, done in less than 30 seconds I can do it blindfolded!

How nice about the kids eat free + crafts! I would be there every Tuesday too if we had it. Good tasting dinner plus cheap and entertaining. Have you ever had the grilled chicken sandwich? How is it? I was tempted to get that to save on calories, but wanted to be a bit more classic with my first taste!

Quote:
Originally Posted by photographymom517 View Post
So glad you had a great travel day! I always stress out the most about that day...just something about all the things that might possibly go wrong that stresses me out! I try so hard not to let it (I did a little better this past trip...lol)

That's great that Joe was able to change his flight without any additional fees!

I know what you mean about Chick-Fil-A...isn't it great? We have one about 30 minutes from our house! Actually, we have one that's 25 minutes South of us and one that's 30 minutes West of us! I don't eat there near as often as I'd like! lol I always get the original chicken sandwich like you got & just add a little ketchup to the top (I'm weird about it...the ketchup has to be on the opposite side of the chicken as the pickle!) And I love those waffle fries!!! Yum!!!

Loved the pictures of the Boardwalk!!! I remember driving by it on the boat on the way to the BC/YC and thinking how pretty it must be inside! And it truly is!!!

The picture of Henry on the bed is absolutely adorable!!! Its great to see that he was enjoying himself as soon as you arrived...Luke does the same thing (jumping on the bed first & then exploring the room!)

I loved the views from your room! Absolutely gorgeous!!!

Can't wait to hear more!!!
I used to stress about travel days...but then I had to travel a bunch for old job and it just sorta faded away. Joe still gets a bit worked up, but he's starting to learn to relax more with it too. It can be a stressful day though, so much going on at once, plus it's not something you do everyday, so there is that whole aspect.

The BW is VERY pretty inside! I took quite a few pictures, so hopefully I will give a good representation of what it looks and feels like. I just loved it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PixieDustandEeyore View Post
Seriously chick fil a is the best. Though Im complicated I usually add cheese to the original and switch out for the wheat bun it is soo good. I didnt know chicken could be so heavenly seasoned!

Great start the boardwalk seems real nice!!!
Seriously though Henry is so stinkin' cute makes me want kids of my own ! lol
That chicken is done just right! I suppose they keep their recipe secret?

Aw, thank you for the compliment about Henry!

Quote:
Originally Posted by norybell View Post
Hi! Just found your report...sounds like you had a "practically perfect" travel-to-WDW day so far, I hope it continued!

And I totally agree with you that we desperately need some Chick-Fil-A's here in NY. No Chick-Fil-A, no Sonic, no Krispy Kreme, no Dairy Queen...this is a sad, sad city we live it!
Yes, we did! I like that - a "Mary Poppins Travel Day"

I SO MISS DQ! Joe told me the other day, "We are eating at Dairy Queen when we go back to visit." Mr. Softee doesn't cut it! Not even close. Plus, DQ's chicken strip basket with the country gravy? HELLO! Yum.

Where in NYC are you? We are in Astoria. I have your TR open and will get caught up!
Old 09-15-2010, 08:15 AM   #145
dekkerdisneydreamer
Raising Disneyholics one at a time!

Brook,
Thanks for letting me post a pic of my new little Disney fanatic.

Old 09-15-2010, 08:19 AM   #146
disneydusted
DIS Veteran

Ok, Brook, that cracked me up that the guy asked Henry about Steve McQueen! Yes, it is a parent of a girl thing! Poor Henry, he must have wondered what the guy was talking about!
You mentioned in one of your posts the music at BW. It really hit home with me. We missed being there so much this time that we would get valet parking there, wander around the resort, sit for a while in the lobby then walk over to Epcot for the evening. It felt like home! There is something very special about staying on property... espcially the BW area. Did you ever hear the frogs at night when you came over the bridge from Epcot? They are sooo loud on the left as you walk back from Epcot, near the wedding pavillion. We thought it was something that happened in May but they were there croaking their hearts out last month.
I'm trying to put all of our photos on Shutterfly to start our Disney book.... I think this is going to take a looong time.
Old 09-15-2010, 08:26 AM   #147
skhermsmeyer
Donald's #1 with my kids! Go figure!

It was fun following you guys on FB, but now I'm ready for all the details and stories! I'm glad H was able to get some energy burnt off by jumping on the bed. Ah, the simple pleasures! Now I'm wondering what you guys did with your afternoon until Joe got there!

POP (Dec 2008) Off-site (Dec 2010) Off-site (May 2011) Off-site (Sept. 2011) Off-site (Oct-Nov 2011) Off-site (2012?) Off-site (2013?)

Winner of SOME kind of OMDD contest! At least I'm not paying!!!!
Old 09-15-2010, 08:29 AM   #148
thewesterberg
DIS Veteran

Your travel day seemed absolutely perfect! Kudos for you taking him solo! And what a surprise blessing that Joe was able to join you early! A silver lining on a hurricane cloud!

The resort looks beautiful (minus that creepy clown - I don't have clown issues, but looking at that thing too much... )

Bed jumping at hotels - LOVE IT! A friend and I always did Synchronized Bed Jumping when we stayed at hotels during high school (we were on some academic teams that brought us to Minneapolis twice a year) We each took a bed and figured out a routine. The best part was the hotel we always stayed at had a wall that was all mirrors, so we could watch ourselves to perfect our technique!

And Chik Fil A .... YUMMY! I've only had it twice (once on our first Disney trip when we stayed off site and then this past winter while on a roadtrip home from South Carolina). So good to know it's at the airport! I think I know where I'll be eating before our flight leaves in December!

Quote:
Hey you! I see a nice lookin' ticker there. AKV again? Kidani or Jambo?
We're staying at Jambo again. We're going with my parents, and my sister and her husband. It will be my brother-in-law's first trip to WDW! We're staying our first 2 nights at All Star Music and then we'll head over to Jambo for 5 nights. I cannot wait... life is pretty overwhelming right now and it's my light-at-the-end-of-the-tunnel, giving me something to look forward to. We've got lots of fun things planned. I should start at PTR, but just haven't gotten around to it.

Quote:
Can you believe he's 3? We met TWO YEARS ago already? I bet N is huge by now!
Wow! It's been 2 years! And it's hard to believe Henry is 3. I thought of you guys when we went to Coldstone over Labor Day weekend! And yes, N is getting so big too! He started 2nd Grade last week. He's reading like a pro - loves chapter books, especially Harry Potter. And he's tall. He's up to my arm pits already! What happened to my baby?! Tallest kid in his class and he's one of the youngest with his May birthday!

Childhood Trip to WDW - 4/1989, DL with friends - 2/2005, WDW with DH & DS - 9/2007, DL with friends - 2/2008, WDW Surprise! - 8/2008,
WDW Grand Gathering 8/2009, Expedition Everest Challenge 9/2009, Mom & Son Impromptu 6/2010, Christmas at WDW 12/2010, Happy Mother's Day Mom & Son 5/2011 OUR VACATION MUSIC VIDEO
Old 09-15-2010, 09:35 AM   #149
moparop
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by brookelizabeth View Post

Oh my! I'm SO glad it wasn't that IT. That was NOT fun. This IT was a breeze! Standard, done in less than 30 seconds I can do it blindfolded!

How nice about the kids eat free + crafts! I would be there every Tuesday too if we had it. Good tasting dinner plus cheap and entertaining. Have you ever had the grilled chicken sandwich? How is it? I was tempted to get that to save on calories, but wanted to be a bit more classic with my first taste!
I have done the grilled chicken before and it is pretty good. But, the calorie count overall there is very reasonable so I usually allow myself to splurge. DH has the original chicken sandwich while I am a more of a nuggets with honey mustard gal myself.
Old 09-15-2010, 09:52 AM   #150
heaven2dc
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Ooooooh, I saw those huge balconies. Drool. Do they have a full sized table on them, or just the normal bistro type set? That location is AWESOME, close to everything, beautiful view, yet still quiet.
Wow Brook - you have been busy replying to everyone!! If I remember right, the table was just the little bistro type but it was nice having such a huge place to sit out on (I thought it was sort of strange to have such a huge balcony for a studio but it was nice). I hope our boardwalk view is located in rooms 5011 & 5013 or 5015 & 5017 (to make up a 2-bedroom) or 2045 & 2047. Those have huge balconies too!

WDW Trips: March 1997 (BWV), February 2008 (BWV), December 2008 (BWV), Nov/Dec 2010 (BWV)

Disneyland Trips: September 1983, AP Holder July 2013 (twice), August 2013 & November 2013

All Our Dreams Come True If We Have the Courage To Pursue Them - Walt Disney

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: