Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland (California)
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-12-2010, 04:53 AM   #1
Amommy21
DIS Veteran

TRIP REPORT! We have finally arrived at the Happiest Place on Earth!

After a few days to visit with family which included: DS spending time with Uncle in his shop, Anaheim Angels Baseball Game (which went over into 14 innings - YEAH Free Baseball!!) with Fireworks and a car show where Uncle won first prize... So we grabbed some In and Out and drove up back up to Anaheim to check in at The Grand.

Trip Report - Day 1

We arrived late evening and ran over to ride Space Mountain a couple times as it is closed for the week (holiday refurb). We were lucky to have only 20 minute waits. So we got to ride a couple times before the Magical Fireworks... which are definitely not as good as the Remember Dreams Come True Fireworks. We shopped our way back to the hotel and crashed. We have been up so late every night and plan to have a morning of leisure before we hit the parks!

Last edited by Amommy21; 09-19-2010 at 02:22 AM.
Amommy21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2010, 10:43 AM   #2
kristenandrick
Mouseketeer

I hope the rest of your trip continues to be magical.
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-12-2010, 10:46 AM   #3
Karenann*
Wishing upon a Star...

Have a wonderful time!
Karenann* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2010, 10:50 AM   #4
I'm mikey
DIS Veteran

Have a great trip!!
I'm mikey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2010, 10:58 AM   #5
edit1
Mouseketeer

Have a wonderful trip. It sounds like it has gotten off to a great start.
edit1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2010, 04:58 AM   #6
Amommy21
DIS Veteran

Trip Report Day 2 - Sunday - Disneyland 9-12
28 Attractions (Space Mountain, Star Tours, Haunted House closed) We have had a long weekend of festivities, so DH brought us Breakfast in bed from White Water Snacks (fried eggs, bacon, breakfast potatoes, toast and waffles for the little one) so we got a late start.

10:30 Enter through the main gate, shop main street and take family photos

Peter Pan, Mr. Toad’s Wild Ride, Pinocchio, Snow White’s Scary Adventure, Story Book Boats (DS is 9 and begged for this one! Glad simple things are still magical for him!)

Train from Toon Town to New Orleans

1:00pm Lunch at Blue Bayou

Pirates of the Caribbean, Get Indy Fast Passes

Train from New Orleans to Toon Town

Mickey’s House including photos with Mickey, Minnie's house under construction, but we did get to take photos with her on the Street.

DS wanted to walk through Donald Duck’s Boat and Goofy’s House.(DH usually does TT MM or whatever it's called with DS on a day I sleep in, so it's been a while for me. Goofy's is just a toddler play area, no more bounce house and Donalds reminded me that we haven't seen Donald for 7 years since WDW! Where does he live anyway?)

Gadget’s Go Coaster, Roger Rabbit’s Cartoon Spin (longer wait than we realized, maybe even our longest wait of the day!) And it was time for a Water Break.

Tea Cups X 2 (Ride operator just invited us to stay on!), Dumbo 10-15 minute wait

Get Thunder Mountain fast passes and by the time we went to ride it was down! (Apparently they wre looking for someone's eye glasses. Then onto a broken Pirates and we were worried our luck might be changing...

Tarzan Tree House (we recently watched the old Swiss Family Robinson with our little guy.... I really miss the old tree house), Indiana Jones(fast pass no wait),Jungle Cruiseno wait) and over to the Matterhorn X 2 (1st time 20 minute wait,ut 2nd time walk on after a mishap) Buzz Light Year (10 min wait) 580,200 Level 5 - Beat that! (I don't even like video games!)

9:00 pm Plaza Inn for dinner and a great spot to watch Magical Fireworks (Disney always has great fireworks, but it's no "Remember Dreams Come True" which is my favorite!)

Big Thunder Mountain finally up and running and then off to find a spot to watch the last showing of Fantasmic at 10:30 (no Dragon, and although it's a fun show it is getting a little dated.)

Indiana Jones (walk on) and Jungle Cruise (walk on)

Train from New Orleans to Main Street and short walk through Downtown Disney to The Grand arriving about 12:15am We were greeted with a note in our room informing us the power would be out from midnight through 4am. It's almost 2am and no power outage yet. Thaank goodness because all they left is a lightstick! I like to have thiings set out for the next day and really should get off my laptop and get to bed!

Yeah, it was a LONG day! Check back for Tomorrow DCA and WOC.

Last edited by Amommy21; 09-19-2010 at 02:25 AM.
Old 09-13-2010, 09:09 AM   #7
Kayla's Mom
You are not alone!! I have several Disney shirts
Dessert for hubby it is!!!

Amommy21 - thanks for the update! Question for you - how early did you get to Plaza Inn for dinner to watch the fireworks? Did you not get there until 9:00? We are planning on doing that too and I don't want to show up too late to get a table.
Old 09-13-2010, 09:25 AM   #8
bnbheartdisney
Mouseketeer

How were the crowds?

bnbheartdisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2010, 11:16 AM   #9
disneymum58
Mouseketeer

Great trip report so far!! Please tell me about the firework seating at the Plaza Inn. Where is the best place to sit and about what time do you wait there?

disneymum58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2010, 12:10 PM   #10
Amommy21
DIS Veteran

9 is good for plaza... We always get there just in time and never have a problem. You can move outside tables around.

Crowds not bad... Lots of locals this weekend. But wait times minimal... We walked on many rides!
Old 09-13-2010, 01:23 PM   #11
TinkHappy

Finally touched by a TF!
Watch what you say or you'll inspire a TF

Can't wait for the rest of the trip...signing on

TinkHappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2010, 01:40 PM   #12
tdashgirl
DIS Veteran

Quote:
(we recently watched the old Swiss Family Robinson with our little guy.... I really miss the old tree house)
Me too! I get nostalgic for it every visit. I'm not usually one of those people who doesn't like change at DLR, but I don't like the Tarzan theming very much
Old 09-13-2010, 06:40 PM   #13
farmfresh
DIS Veteran

yep.. I'd like to know more about timing dining for fireworks too!
farmfresh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2010, 01:26 AM   #14
Amommy21
DIS Veteran

Fireworks, really we always just bypass the crowds lined up and plan to eat dinner and watch the fireworkds.. it's not a perect view, but we usuallly get partial castle and the big effects are from all around. The first time was kind of an accident and it's been our tradition ever since. Plaza Inn is usually pretty empty and it isnt' a big deal. We were onlyt here 30 minutes before.

We have even had great view in the rain with umbrella's up!
Old 09-14-2010, 01:40 AM   #15
Amommy21
DIS Veteran

TRIP REPORT - UPDATED with World Of Color Dining Review

Day 2 MONDAY-CALIFORNIA ADVENTURE- 10-8
Late morning arrive at 10:30. NO crowds, no waits times, all attractions walk on or stay on and go again! Sunny and warm at least 80! 28 attractions (including meet and greet characters). We noticed that our almost 9 year old is conscious of growing up, but because he is sensitive and sentimental, he still wants to enjoy the little kid magic. it's fun to watch him realize you don't grow out of anything at Disneyland.

Lightning McQueen & Mater Photo, Disney Visa Photo with Pluto</SPAN>
Muppets, Monsters Inc., Play House Disney
Mickey Meet and Greet, Green Army Guy (totally cute!)
California Screamin’ x 3(DS first time – love it!)

1:00pm Lunch at Pacific Warf Cafe (overpriced)

Soarin’ Over California x2 (they were not even filling the middle row)

Grizzly River Rapids x 2
3:00 Redwood Creek Playground, Brother Bear photo op
It’s Tough to Be A Bug, Heimlich Chew Chew, Flick’s Flyers, Francis’ Lady Bug Boogie, Drive ‘em Buggies
Tower of terror x 3

5:00pm Dinner at Ariel’s Grotto (I admit we are food snobs, this just wasn't worth the price. The food was very plain. They did provide a healthy lunch with lots of fruits for the little guy, who had the kids tritip steak. I am not sure if I would do this again. Because of the low crowds you could probably get a spot to watch the show, but our preferred area was basically empty and we were right on the rail, raised up above the front crowd and just in from of the VIP section... so that part was worth it. The show was AWESOME!!!)

Grizzly River Rapids x 2 – and we are SOAKIN’ WET! (We could have done this twic emore, but we sat and waited while they removed rafts for the night!?! COuldn't they wait a bit? We were trying to get some rides in before we had to line up for the show and DS loved doing this over and over!)

7pm Back to The Grand to change into dry clothes, while DH went to reserve a spot on the rail for WOC

WORLDOFCOLOR(8:15pm) TOTATLLY AWESOME. I understand the next two nights are for Annual Pass Holders only... we might have to go back?!)

We were dissapointed the park and all stores closed… They are obviously still haven't worked this whole thing out. We shop our way through Downtown Disney to The Grand.

Last edited by Amommy21; 09-14-2010 at 11:22 AM.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: