Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney for Adults and Solo Travelers
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-25-2012, 09:23 PM   #106
mickeyworld
DIS Veteran

I've been in NC for 26 years and hope to move to the Disney area within the year. My kids are in college and I want to be near DIsney...work part time and yes, a Disney prince (or pirate ) to share it with would be great.
Traveling to Disney with people who feel the magic... Women and men... Is terrific.
My next trip is in Sept. counting the days!
Old 06-26-2012, 12:33 PM   #107
Debbyt28
Mouseketeer

I'm fifty two and will be at POP sept 3 thru 12 first solo trip although 18th in all I'm from the UK and hoping there may be a meet during those dates?
Register to remove

Old 06-26-2012, 01:40 PM   #108
MICKEY88
if you keep falling off of the planet...
It might be time for a one piece
100% Male Disney nut!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suelala View Post
I had a pirate, pyrate, and he scuttled me treasure!
hmm kind of like plundering your booty..

Pirate Rule #9: A pirate should always remove his hat in the presence of a bartender.
Pirate Rule #11: No pirate shall ever wear a “fanny pack”.
Pirate Rule # 17: Three-cornered hats, headbands and bandanas are the only acceptable headwear for pirates. Fedoras, bowler derbies, baseball caps, MICKEY EARS, top hats, sombreros, or anything with lace and flowers will be removed from the vessel– head included. A grace period of one minute is allowed for hats looted from a tailory.
MICKEY88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 02:54 PM   #109
jillyb
DIS Veteran

Newly Single

Just separated from my STBXH a month ago and just getting started with supporting my attorney. Not really ready for a new relationship but can use all the friends I can get!

I'm 51 years old with a 10 year old DD, a 33 year old DD and an 8 year old granddaughter. Yeah...see what I mean! I live in North Carolina.

Oh...and of course I love Walt Disney World! Never done a solo trip but hope to do one someday.

June 2008 @ Pop Century
Thanksgiving 2010 @ Pop Century

Will We Stay or Will We Go - Thanksgiving Pre Trip/Trip Report http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2413919

It's Going to be a Capitol Vacation! Washington, D.C. August 13-18, 2009 Pre-Trip/Trip Report http://disboards.com/showthread.php?...1#post32476006
jillyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2012, 07:45 AM   #110
DisneydaveCT
DIS Veteran

Welcome Jill. I am sure you will soon find yourself among your new DisFriends here on the Disboards. Good luck with getting through your divorce. You will find many of us have gone through that process and know the challenges and frustrations you will feel before it is over.
A Very Memorable Magical Moment: Scoring a Hole-in-One at Disney's LBV #7, 9/25/06

FUTURE TRIPS: November 18-25 at OKW & SSR. .
PREVIOUS TRIPS: 25+ trips to WDW since 1972 with stays at Animal Kingdom Lodge, Boardwalk, Carribean Beach, Contemporary; Dixie Landings, Grand Floridian, Old Key West, Polynesian, Port Orleans, Saratoga Springs Resort, & Villas at Wilderness Lodge.
DisneydaveCT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2012, 07:47 AM   #111
DisneydaveCT
DIS Veteran

How many of you are dealing with the heatwave this weekend? How are you keeping cool?
A Very Memorable Magical Moment: Scoring a Hole-in-One at Disney's LBV #7, 9/25/06

PREVIOUS TRIPS: 25+ trips to WDW since 1972 with stays at Animal Kingdom Lodge, Boardwalk, Carribean Beach, Contemporary; Dixie Landings, Grand Floridian, Old Key West, Polynesian, Port Orleans, Saratoga Springs Resort, & Villas at Wilderness Lodge.
Old 07-01-2012, 10:05 AM   #112
mickeyworld
DIS Veteran

It is very hot here in NC.. I amtrying to unclutter the house (air conditionling you know) and maybe a movie this afternoon. It is even too hot for the beach or pool during the heat of the mid-day. What are you doing?
oh.. don't forget cooling cocktails , that always helps!
Old 07-01-2012, 11:55 AM   #113
PlutoPatrol
Earning My Ears

You know it is cooler in WDW than in most places in the USA, maybe time for a trip! LOL

I only hope that we don't lose sight of one thing - that it was all started by a mouse." -Walt Disney
PlutoPatrol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2012, 05:48 PM   #114
PlutoPatrol
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Debbyt28 View Post
I'm fifty two and will be at POP sept 3 thru 12 first solo trip although 18th in all I'm from the UK and hoping there may be a meet during those dates?
Solo trips are fun and do not let anyone tell you they are not! LOL

I only hope that we don't lose sight of one thing - that it was all started by a mouse." -Walt Disney
PlutoPatrol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 06:19 PM   #115
Dismom55
DIS Veteran

Hi, Dot here, don't get to Disney as often as you all seem to, but am planning a trip next year Oct 2013 and for a companion my adult daughter will tag along tho she and her friend will not want to hang with mom if at all possible other than for ADR's.

By way of intro here, I am 57 yrs old, and still getting my feet wet with this solo thing as I am still rather a new widow as my husband of 38+ years passed away suddenly last year. I would love to go it alone, but my kids think mom can not possibly travel alone without some with her. Actually my daughter is a real Disney lover as well so we do usually enjoy Disney together.

Glad to have found some 50+ Disney folks.

Dismom55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 08:39 PM   #116
Suelala
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MICKEY88 View Post
hmm kind of like plundering your booty..
I have a reply, but I'll have to hold on to it!
Suelala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 10:12 PM   #117
MICKEY88
if you keep falling off of the planet...
It might be time for a one piece
100% Male Disney nut!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suelala View Post
I have a reply, but I'll have to hold on to it!
what's the fun in that ??

Pirate Rule #9: A pirate should always remove his hat in the presence of a bartender.
Pirate Rule #11: No pirate shall ever wear a “fanny pack”.
Pirate Rule # 17: Three-cornered hats, headbands and bandanas are the only acceptable headwear for pirates. Fedoras, bowler derbies, baseball caps, MICKEY EARS, top hats, sombreros, or anything with lace and flowers will be removed from the vessel– head included. A grace period of one minute is allowed for hats looted from a tailory.
MICKEY88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2012, 08:30 PM   #118
Dismom55
DIS Veteran

Happy 4th of July

Dismom55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2012, 07:16 PM   #119
DisneydaveCT
DIS Veteran

How is the over 50 Disney loving singles crowd doing this evening. Anybody planning on visiting the world later this year?

I will be there for Labor Day Weekend.

Old 07-29-2012, 07:44 PM   #120
ortholablady
DIS Veteran

I'll be there for the Singles Social Club gathering on Oct. 13th! Looking forward to meeting everyone.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: