Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Pre-Trip Reports and Plans
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-13-2010, 08:47 PM   #46
englishrose47
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by eandesmom View Post
Hi Tina! thanks for coming over and I'm so happy to have a ticker again

rosie

Of course you can Cherie! Always room for you

Trish!

DisLadies!

Well if you consider kissing monkeys and laying on the ground for a perfect shot Ladylike
[/B][/URL]
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3051652Where will Rosie Roam in 2013
[
[http://www.disboards.com/showthread....2#post50321302 Rosie Roamings in 2014
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3212398 Belly Dancing and Bus Mojo The Grannie Trip

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3278536 Let's Meet in the Dump Shop
englishrose47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2010, 08:07 AM   #47
PrincessInOz
in
Catch you at the other end

Ooooh! I think I'm going to enjoy living vicariously through this thread. Subbing in....and really envious about a girl's only trip at F&W.

Disneyland - Dec 1986, May 1990, Dec 1997, Aug 2003, Jun 2005, Jul 2007 TR, Nov 2008, The Mad Dash (Jan 2011, Nov 2012) Oct 14 PTR
Walt Disney World - Jun 2005, May 2010 (POR, BCV) PTR || TR, Oct 2010 (CSR) PTR || TR, Oct 2013 Anyone Game? PTR || TR in progress
Hong Kong Disneyland - Mar/Apr 2012 TR
PrincessInOz is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-15-2010, 03:21 PM   #48
manntra
DIS Veteran

Please allow me to introduce myself (cue the Rolling Stones )
I am Tracy, one participant of this planning frenzied trip! I am still in awe at the amount of emails that flew back and forth and I am sure I missed some of the conversation.....there really were so many!!

Let me just say there are some serious uber planners and very organized girls in this group!!!
In case you are not friends with me on FB I will share the most recent picture of me with my cute new great-nephew Hank. Hank Morgan.....I thought Captain would be a good name but alas..

Here is a shot from May....it was while I was waiting for the Animation Academy. I love The Incredibles!! It's funny because in the winter I wear Under Armor for snowboarding and one of the shirts is red and the pants are black. Sooooo not incredible!!!! Makes me laugh every time I look at it!

I have one trip coming up before our May trip together--not several-- like one of our traveling companions I look forward to drinking manyl of these in a few weeks at the F&W.

I don't write TRs or PTRs and I can honestly say that ummmmm this is A LOT of work!! As we all know planning is one of the most exciting parts of a trip. We have lots to plan and I thank you all for joining us I am so grateful for the Dis and all of the wonderful people I have met here

Tracy
Old 09-15-2010, 05:50 PM   #49
eandesmom
I'm with Beast

Quote:
Originally Posted by brookelizabeth View Post
Oh my word! That is hilarious!
yep, and it's gone up since then

Quote:
Oh so tempting!!!!!!!!!!!! I DO have an AP.
sounds like you are thinking about March....?

Quote:
Originally Posted by englishrose47 View Post
Well if you consider kissing monkeys and laying on the ground for a perfect shot Ladylike
Very ladylike!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessInOz View Post
Ooooh! I think I'm going to enjoy living vicariously through this thread. Subbing in....and really envious about a girl's only trip at F&W.
!
Quote:
Originally Posted by manntra View Post
Hank Morgan.....I thought Captain would be a good name but alas..

Even though I've seen the pic, he's still adorable.

I'm calling him Captain from now on though.

Quote:
I am so grateful for the Dis and all of the wonderful people I have met here

Tracy
I couldn't agree more!
Old 09-15-2010, 08:31 PM   #50
mickeysmyboy

DIS Veteran

Quote:
I am Tracy, one participant of this planning frenzied trip! I am still in awe at the amount of emails that flew back and forth and I am sure I missed some of the conversation.....there really were so many!!

Let me just say there are some serious uber planners and very organized girls in this group!!!
In case you are not friends with me on FB I will share the most recent picture of me with my cute new great-nephew Hank. Hank Morgan.....I thought Captain would be a good name but alas..

Here is a shot from May....it was while I was waiting for the Animation Academy. I love The Incredibles!! It's funny because in the winter I wear Under Armor for snowboarding and one of the shirts is red and the pants are black. Sooooo not incredible!!!! Makes me laugh every time I look at it!

I have one trip coming up before our May trip together--not several-- like one of our traveling companions I look forward to drinking manyl of these in a few weeks at the F&W.

I don't write TRs or PTRs and I can honestly say that ummmmm this is A LOT of work!! As we all know planning is one of the most exciting parts of a trip. We have lots to plan and I thank you all for joining us I am so grateful for the Dis and all of the wonderful people I have met here

Tracy
Awww! I love that picture of you and the little captain Of course, I've seen it before too but it's so cute!

I so can't wait for F&W in a few weeks! I think we should have a few of those wonderful drinks together!
Old 09-15-2010, 09:00 PM   #51
mickeysmyboy

DIS Veteran

For those of you who don’t know me, I am Melissa! Known around here as Mickeysmyboy!

I am a sahm with 3 wonderful kiddos, a terrific hubby and an adorable fur baby! Anyway, I enjoy taking pictures, scrapbooking, reading and, of course, all things Disney!

A few pictures…

This is me during our WL photo shoot in 09! It's really not my favorite picture of me but you get the drift and can tell how much sunblock I'm going to need for this trip!

The whole family last Oct!

What happens when DH gets the camera

Halloween last year! It was hotter then heck!

DH and I on our first solo trip, march of 09

Our furbaby! His name is Pluto! No joke! DD named him and he came home to us the day after we returned from our trip in March of 08!

Walt Disney said, “It all started with a mouse,” that’s true for me as well! My obsession with Disney started with Mickey at a very young age! Mickey was always part of my life and always my favorite!

I believe I am the one that Tracy (manntra) speaks of when she says several trips between now and then! I’m currently counting down to 4 trips including this one!

DH and I leave in just 33 days for 6 wonderful, romantic nights at BLT!

In Dec me, DH, the 3 kiddos, FIL, BIL, SIL, BIL and our little niece will be spending 7 nights at Kidani village!

Next up will be a surprise trip in March with DD! It’s for her 10th B-day! We’ll be staying at Boardwalk for 4 nights!

Then, of course, this wonderful trips with some fabulous Dis girls!

I have yet to meet any of my wonderful traveling companions in person! But, I next month I’ll opportunity to meet both Christine (2xcited2sleep) and Tracy (manntra) I’m so excited! I’m hoping to partake in one (or 2 or 3) of those yummy looking drinks with these ladies when we meet next month!

I couldn't agree with Tracy more on her wonderful sentiments on Dis! When I joined dis I could have never guessed how much of a community it really is! I never would have thought that I would make so many wonderful friends! I never would have thought that I would be traveling to WDW with some wonderful friends that I meet here! Amazing!
Old 09-15-2010, 11:03 PM   #52
jenjolt
Loves All Things Disney!

Awesome intros!!! Loving this PTR!! You ladies are amazing!

My Magical Trips to Disney:6/2012,1/2012,10/2011, 6/2011, 5/2011, 1/2011, 5/2010, 1/2010, 10/2009, 5/2009,
1/2009, 3/2007, 5/2005 , 10/1992: First Trip to Disney (Thanks Dad!)
jenjolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2010, 11:21 PM   #53
eandesmom
I'm with Beast

Introducing Cynthia

Aka eandesmom. Which means I have 2 little boys whose names start with e. LOL!

But there is more to my clan than just that.

First up, me.

My DH Jeff and I, and the E’s

And the entire clan which includes my husband Jeff, my “bonus kids” (aka dear stepson and step daughter) Taylor (17), Kendall (14) and the aforementioned E’s. Otherwise known as Evan (11) and Eric (10)

If you want more pics I got carried away on my TR intro.

I am the sole member of this group who....

1. Does NOT have a trip between now and the May one to the world.

Although, to be fair, by the time Mary Ellen reads this, she might be back lol! And to be even more fair, I did return from a rather long one less than a month ago. And I do have a couple of trips between now and then…just not like SOME who get to go to F&W or MNSSHP or be there during the Holiday seasons….

2. Lives on the west coast.

Like Melissa, I haven’t (yet) met any of my traveling partners but can’t wait to take some very special friendships “live” and grow some new ones too!!

I may fall into that “uber-planner” category that Tracy mentioned. It’s a occupational hazard I guess, or a function of 4 kids in 4 schools and a full time job.

I haven’t been on a girls trip “away” for more than 2 nights in I don’t know how long. I’ve been on the verge of 2 girls trips to the world, one with my mom and sisters and one with some of my gourmet club/college sorority sisters but they never panned out.

I think my uberplanning scared them.

The concept of not having to plan around my kids, my husband, my parents, siblings or inlaws is...intoxicating! Actually (though many of you will find this HARD to believe) the concept of not doing a whole lot of planning period is equally so.

I found the DIS just before a Feb 2009 trip and am constantly amazed at how it’s really evolved to be such a rewarding part of my life. Amazing, beautiful people. A few crazies too, And I mean that in the nicest possible way.

I’m pretty excited to be surrounded by planners, and people just as obsessed. It’s pretty cool to have others making decisions and having real input or preferences. It makes it WAY more fun.

And even more fun is that we all seem to like the same things!

Plus, I got to make a new ticker, which made me really really happy!
Old 09-16-2010, 12:27 AM   #54
All7OfUs
We too are so very NOT into traipsing through the dark when a bucket will do just great
What a fun way to meet new folks and say howdy

WHaaaaaaaaaaaaat??!!

All7OfUs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2010, 08:00 AM   #56
Lady Lallie
DIS Veteran

I will admit that I heard about this trip from a certain lady who is currently in Disney.

It sounds like so much fun!!! Can't wait to hear more.
Lady Lallie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2010, 08:10 AM   #57
wdwgirl03
I'm just a big Disney Freak! :-)
I will throw a party the day I get a tag!!!
I am pretty wimpy when it comes to thrill rides

Great intros everyone!!
'91-Disney villas '93, '95, '97, '99, '01, '02-Polynesian '03-All Star Sports '05-All Star Movies; offsite- Universal/Disney Oct. '06, Dec. '07/Jan. '08-Saratoga Springs May '08-Animal Kingdom Lodge Dec. '08-Beach Club Villas Aug. '09-Villas @ the Wilderness Lodge April '10-Kidani Village Aug. '10-Saratoga Springs Mar. '11-Old Key West Oct. '11-Saratoga Springs April '12-Boardwalk Villas April '13-Bay Lake Tower Aug. '13-Pop Century Dec. '13-Saratoga Springs April '14-Pop Century UPCOMING TRIPS: Dec. '14-DISNEYLAND!!! April '15-VWL!!!
*DVC member since 2006*

Disneyland- '04, '06

Check out my past TRs: Mar./April '11 Oct. '11 CURRENT TR: APRIL '13 TR APRIL '13 PTR facebook Twitter/Instagram:mugirl0307
wdwgirl03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2010, 09:39 AM   #58
brookelizabeth
Jambo Wildbunch Gang

Hey! I see LL! Welcome back Lady!

Great intros!!!! It will be so fun getting to know each of you better through this PTR. I love how the DIS has bonded people together.

Quote:
sounds like you are thinking about March....?
Yep, Joe wants to go then - despite the spring break crowds. I'm cool with it though. We've done NYE, we can do spring break. And it might not be that bad because Easter is in April.

I'm pushing for a 3rd trip before our APs expire in September 2011 - he's anti-summer, but I'm gonna be a good wife and keep whittling him down.
Feb 2014 - Vero Beach ... Sept 2013 - CR/Disney Fantasy...March 2013 - AKL/SSR/POR ... Oct 2012 - OKW ... Sept 2012 - Disney Magic ... June 2012 - Disney Magic ... Jan 2012 - PPH/VGC ... Aug 2011 - Pop/YC/OKW ... May 2011 - ASMo ... Feb/March 2011 - BWV/BLT ... Sept 2010 - BWV ... Dec/Jan 2009/10 - AKV ... Sept 2009 - CSR ... Jan 2009 - SSR ... Nov 2008 - WL ... Oct 2006 - AKL
brookelizabeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2010, 10:16 AM   #59
mickeysmyboy

DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenjolt View Post
Awesome intros!!! Loving this PTR!! You ladies are amazing!
Thanks Jen!

Quote:
Aka eandesmom. Which means I have 2 little boys whose names start with e. LOL!

But there is more to my clan than just that.

First up, me.

My DH Jeff and I, and the E’s

And the entire clan which includes my husband Jeff, my “bonus kids” (aka dear stepson and step daughter) Taylor (17), Kendall (14) and the aforementioned E’s. Otherwise known as Evan (11) and Eric (10)

If you want more pics I got carried away on my TR intro.

I am the sole member of this group who....

1. Does NOT have a trip between now and the May one to the world.

Although, to be fair, by the time Mary Ellen reads this, she might be back lol! And to be even more fair, I did return from a rather long one less than a month ago. And I do have a couple of trips between now and then…just not like SOME who get to go to F&W or MNSSHP or be there during the Holiday seasons….

2. Lives on the west coast.

Like Melissa, I haven’t (yet) met any of my traveling partners but can’t wait to take some very special friendships “live” and grow some new ones too!!

I may fall into that “uber-planner” category that Tracy mentioned. It’s a occupational hazard I guess, or a function of 4 kids in 4 schools and a full time job.

I haven’t been on a girls trip “away” for more than 2 nights in I don’t know how long. I’ve been on the verge of 2 girls trips to the world, one with my mom and sisters and one with some of my gourmet club/college sorority sisters but they never panned out.

I think my uberplanning scared them.

The concept of not having to plan around my kids, my husband, my parents, siblings or inlaws is...intoxicating! Actually (though many of you will find this HARD to believe) the concept of not doing a whole lot of planning period is equally so.

I found the DIS just before a Feb 2009 trip and am constantly amazed at how it’s really evolved to be such a rewarding part of my life. Amazing, beautiful people. A few crazies too, And I mean that in the nicest possible way.

I’m pretty excited to be surrounded by planners, and people just as obsessed. It’s pretty cool to have others making decisions and having real input or preferences. It makes it WAY more fun.

And even more fun is that we all seem to like the same things!

Plus, I got to make a new ticker, which made me really really happy!

I, for one, don't find your uber-planning scary! Of course, you've been reading my PTR/TR so you know where I'm at with that!

We're going have such a great trip!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by All7OfUs View Post
WHaaaaaaaaaaaaat??!!
Welcome!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Lallie View Post
I will admit that I heard about this trip from a certain lady who is currently in Disney.

It sounds like so much fun!!! Can't wait to hear more.
Kinda figured you had! Welcome LL and welcome back!

Ya know, there's always room for 1 more

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdwgirl03 View Post
Great intros everyone!!
Thanks!

Quote:
Hey! I see LL! Welcome back Lady!

Great intros!!!! It will be so fun getting to know each of you better through this PTR. I love how the DIS has bonded people together.

Yep, Joe wants to go then - despite the spring break crowds. I'm cool with it though. We've done NYE, we can do spring break. And it might not be that bad because Easter is in April.

I'm pushing for a 3rd trip before our APs expire in September 2011 - he's anti-summer, but I'm gonna be a good wife and keep whittling him down.
Ya know Brook, you could get to know us better in person and get in another trip too! Yes, I'm an enabler!

March isn't bad! We've done it a few times and I didn't think twice about it for DD's b-day trip! The thing about spring break is it seems to be spread out over a 6 or 8 weeks so your getting the whole crowd together like you would over Christmas or Presidents Day! When DH and I were in college we never had spring break the same time as friends who went to different schools! My kids will have their spring break the week after easter, I think. But my kids spring break never matches up to the spring break of their cousins in NJ or CT!
Old 09-16-2010, 10:17 AM   #60
manntra
DIS Veteran

Whoops! I forgot to slide in the picture of my "fur baby" Ziggy. He is 8 years old and likely one of the most spoiled dogs on Earth I drop him off every morning for daycare at my parents house They enjoy his company and it eases my mind to know he is with someone because I work so much

Tracy

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: