Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Pre-Trip Reports and Plans
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-11-2010, 03:11 PM   #31
arizonacolbys
Owner of 2 Crazy Labs!

I'm in again! Loving your Pre-TR

We'll be down in Dec (but earlier in the month) and are staying at SSR - it is our 3rd time renting points & we love it! With 2 little ones this time, I think it'll be even more important to have more space. The biggest bonus for us last trip with Madelyn when she was 11 months was having a balcony to hang out on during naptime & at night when she was trying to go to sleep & we weren't ready to yet. We stayed at BWV once before kids & it!! It is such a great location - we're hoping to stay there or at BCV (mostly for the awesome pool area, LOL) next Fall during the F&WF.
All Star Movies: Jan 2000 & Sept 2001 ~Poly & WL: Dec 2002, Contemp: March 2003 ~ POP - Sept 2004 (w/Jeanne!!), Jan 2005, May 2005 & Sept 2006! ~ BWV - Oct 2006, POP & CBR: Jan 2007 ~ WL: Aug/Sept 2007 ~ Poly & SSR: August 2009 - Maddie's 1st trip! ~ POR: Jan 2010 - girls only while hubby served in Iraq ~ SSR: Dec 2010 - Evelyn's 1st trip! ~ POP - May 2011 ~ AKLV - Sept 2012 ~ OKW: Dec 2013 ~ Upcoming trip - Dec 2014!!
arizonacolbys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2010, 07:42 PM   #32
harleyquinn
Wishes she could take photos of the castle as well as the photos DALE (of Chip & Dale) takes.
I wanted to regale you all with tales of my DH's saggy greyies

Quote:
Originally Posted by arizonacolbys View Post
I'm in again! Loving your Pre-TR

We'll be down in Dec (but earlier in the month) and are staying at SSR - it is our 3rd time renting points & we love it! With 2 little ones this time, I think it'll be even more important to have more space. The biggest bonus for us last trip with Madelyn when she was 11 months was having a balcony to hang out on during naptime & at night when she was trying to go to sleep & we weren't ready to yet. We stayed at BWV once before kids & it!! It is such a great location - we're hoping to stay there or at BCV (mostly for the awesome pool area, LOL) next Fall during the F&WF.

I can't wait to have a balcony. Hopefully we won't somehow end up on the ground floor!

I'm already telling DH that I'm going to take Lily for Halloween and F&WF sometime in the next few years.

I need to update, but don't really have much to say! I guess I wasn't meant to write a PTR this time.

Lily is walking now. Not quite cruising, but she's getting there. She's learning new words all the time and copying us a lot. Love this age!
harleyquinn is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-13-2010, 02:31 PM   #33
harleyquinn
Wishes she could take photos of the castle as well as the photos DALE (of Chip & Dale) takes.

Just wanted to say that the August trip finally has the Photopass pictures, if you want to check it out.

Lily is now walking and running. She also says around 65 words or so with new ones nearly every day. (Mickey is Mou Mouse)

Oh! I guess I can talk about our departure day. We are leaving on December 17 and driving down like August, but this time we have to wait until DH is done at school. We're really, really nervous about leaving late and also about what the weather might be like. We hope to be on the road by 4 and getting at least 6 hours in, which will make for a very long second day ride. The trip took us about 18 hours with stops in August, but that was perfect weather until the hour delay once we hit a storm in Orlando.

This time the delay will be more likely to be at the beginning of the trip, especially with rush hour traffic. Hopefully that will be light since it's so close to the holiday.
Old 11-20-2010, 05:07 PM   #34
TinkOhio
DIS Veteran

Hi Sarah! We'll be leaving about half an hour after you, only from the west side. We're also nervous about the drive down at that time of the year. Rush hour in Akron can be a bear. We did the drive two years ago, and the weather was perfect. Here's hoping that this year is equally as nice!
Old 11-22-2010, 08:11 PM   #35
harleyquinn

Quote:
Originally Posted by TinkOhio View Post
Hi Sarah! We'll be leaving about half an hour after you, only from the west side. We're also nervous about the drive down at that time of the year. Rush hour in Akron can be a bear. We did the drive two years ago, and the weather was perfect. Here's hoping that this year is equally as nice!
That's too funny. We should rent a giant van and go together...or something. lol Maybe we'll see each other at some rest stops.

If I remember correctly, last year there was a terrible snow/ice storm that messed up traffic from here to South Carolina. So hopefully it'll swing back and be great weather this year!
Old 12-29-2010, 12:19 PM   #36
harleyquinn

Started the TR!! Link in my signature!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: