Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 11-21-2011, 08:50 AM   #241
Designer Rose
Mouseketeer
 
Designer Rose's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 293

Quote:
Originally Posted by slyster View Post
we are considering boarding 3 beagles...which room would fit all three? One is 34 lbs, one is 22 lbs, and the other is 27 lbs. I would love to keep them all in the same kennel. I just don't know if I could afford the luxury suite...would a "vacation villa" do? I'm assuming regardless of the accomodation, you still pay for all three dogs.

Also, between the two port orleans resorts, which is closest? We were already considering port orleans french quarter.

Also, from what I can tell, we could come any time ourselves to walk them right? If we went over in the morning and dinner time? They also allow one walk per day...do you get to pick the time? Thanks in advance especially with all the questions
You would be able to board all three in a Villa or a VIP Suite. But, if you think those might be too expensive, see about booking a large Indoor for all of them. It's a 4x8 area, and plenty big enough for the three of them. And yes, regardless of the accommodations you would pay for all three of them. But, if they are all boarded together, the 2nd and 3rd dog would be 30% off.

Best Friends is right across the street from the Port Orleans Riverside resort.

As far as visiting, yes, you're allowed to visit them anytime Best Friends is open. And, depending on the accommodations it will either come with one walk each day, or two. The Villa comes with one, the VIP and Indoor come with two. And yes, you can pick when they will get walked.
Designer Rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2011, 08:56 AM   #242
slyster
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: Severn, MD
Posts: 235

thanks so much for the feedback! I love the idea of bringing our pets with us, but at the same time, they have never been boarded and I wonder if they would be better staying at home. I think if we can get a house sitter for the week, it's better they stay home, but if we have to do boarding, bringing with us sounds the easiest way.
slyster is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 11-29-2011, 01:33 PM   #243
BamaTigger
ANNUAL PASSHOLDER! 6 HOURS FROM DISNEY! 28th TRIP AND COUNTING!!!!
 
BamaTigger's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Southeast Alabama
Posts: 2,261

Quote:
Originally Posted by slyster View Post
thanks so much for the feedback! I love the idea of bringing our pets with us, but at the same time, they have never been boarded and I wonder if they would be better staying at home. I think if we can get a house sitter for the week, it's better they stay home, but if we have to do boarding, bringing with us sounds the easiest way.
As much as I love traveling with my boys, I always get a housesitter first. Then if that falls thru, I will take them. I do whats BEST for them. But when I do take them to BFPC, they have a blast!
__________________

TAKING FUR KIDS TO WDW? CHECK MY BEST FRIENDS PET CARE RESORT FAQ THREAD!http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2552159
BamaTigger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2012, 05:00 PM   #244
photobob
DIS Veteran
 
photobob's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: BAMA
Posts: 3,511

We are first time puppy owners. We have a Miniature Schnauzer (Minnie!) that will be almost six months for our upcoming trip in early March. I've read practically this entire thread and am trying to decide whether to board Minnie here close to home or bring her with us and board her at BFPC. I'm afraid separation anxiety would be very high for my wife so I am leaning towards bringing Minnie.
__________________
*1997 CBR* *1999 ASMovies* *2001 ASMusic* *2003 Yacht Club* *2004 Yacht Club* *2005 Yacht Club* *2006 CSR* *2007 BWV* *2007 Vero Beach* *2008 VWL* *2008 DCL* *2008 BWV* *2009 Vero Beach* *2010 SSR* *2011 Beach Club!!**2013 AKV*
photobob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2012, 07:07 PM   #245
BamaTigger
ANNUAL PASSHOLDER! 6 HOURS FROM DISNEY! 28th TRIP AND COUNTING!!!!
 
BamaTigger's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Southeast Alabama
Posts: 2,261

Quote:
Originally Posted by photobob View Post
We are first time puppy owners. We have a Miniature Schnauzer (Minnie!) that will be almost six months for our upcoming trip in early March. I've read practically this entire thread and am trying to decide whether to board Minnie here close to home or bring her with us and board her at BFPC. I'm afraid separation anxiety would be very high for my wife so I am leaning towards bringing Minnie.
Congrats on the new puppy! Minnie is a great name! Personally, I think it would be a great idea to bring her cause being so young it would be a great start for her to get used to being boarded. And there is so much for Minnie to do as far as socializing with other people and other doggies! And you can go visit any time to curb the anxiety of the new puppy mom! let us know what you decide!
__________________

TAKING FUR KIDS TO WDW? CHECK MY BEST FRIENDS PET CARE RESORT FAQ THREAD!http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2552159
BamaTigger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2012, 06:18 AM   #246
photobob
DIS Veteran
 
photobob's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: BAMA
Posts: 3,511

Quote:
Originally Posted by BamaTigger View Post
Congrats on the new puppy! Minnie is a great name! Personally, I think it would be a great idea to bring her cause being so young it would be a great start for her to get used to being boarded. And there is so much for Minnie to do as far as socializing with other people and other doggies! And you can go visit any time to curb the anxiety of the new puppy mom! let us know what you decide!
Where do you live in Alabama? My son just moved to Mobile, got a job at USA. We live in Oxford.
__________________
*1997 CBR* *1999 ASMovies* *2001 ASMusic* *2003 Yacht Club* *2004 Yacht Club* *2005 Yacht Club* *2006 CSR* *2007 BWV* *2007 Vero Beach* *2008 VWL* *2008 DCL* *2008 BWV* *2009 Vero Beach* *2010 SSR* *2011 Beach Club!!**2013 AKV*
photobob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2012, 09:12 AM   #247
BamaTigger
ANNUAL PASSHOLDER! 6 HOURS FROM DISNEY! 28th TRIP AND COUNTING!!!!
 
BamaTigger's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Southeast Alabama
Posts: 2,261

Quote:
Originally Posted by photobob View Post
Where do you live in Alabama? My son just moved to Mobile, got a job at USA. We live in Oxford.
Eufaula
__________________

TAKING FUR KIDS TO WDW? CHECK MY BEST FRIENDS PET CARE RESORT FAQ THREAD!http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2552159
BamaTigger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2012, 10:18 AM   #248
photobob
DIS Veteran
 
photobob's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: BAMA
Posts: 3,511

I appreciate this thread, it has been very helpful!
__________________
*1997 CBR* *1999 ASMovies* *2001 ASMusic* *2003 Yacht Club* *2004 Yacht Club* *2005 Yacht Club* *2006 CSR* *2007 BWV* *2007 Vero Beach* *2008 VWL* *2008 DCL* *2008 BWV* *2009 Vero Beach* *2010 SSR* *2011 Beach Club!!**2013 AKV*
photobob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2012, 07:36 PM   #249
photobob
DIS Veteran
 
photobob's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: BAMA
Posts: 3,511

Minnie has reservations!!
__________________
*1997 CBR* *1999 ASMovies* *2001 ASMusic* *2003 Yacht Club* *2004 Yacht Club* *2005 Yacht Club* *2006 CSR* *2007 BWV* *2007 Vero Beach* *2008 VWL* *2008 DCL* *2008 BWV* *2009 Vero Beach* *2010 SSR* *2011 Beach Club!!**2013 AKV*
photobob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2012, 06:18 PM   #250
BamaTigger
ANNUAL PASSHOLDER! 6 HOURS FROM DISNEY! 28th TRIP AND COUNTING!!!!
 
BamaTigger's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Southeast Alabama
Posts: 2,261

Quote:
Originally Posted by photobob View Post
Minnie has reservations!!
Great! What kind of suite did you get for her?

Quote:
Originally Posted by photobob View Post
I appreciate this thread, it has been very helpful!
Glad you are enjoying it! I hope you take pics of your Minnie while she is at BFPC and share with us here!
__________________

TAKING FUR KIDS TO WDW? CHECK MY BEST FRIENDS PET CARE RESORT FAQ THREAD!http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2552159
BamaTigger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2012, 08:09 PM   #251
photobob
DIS Veteran
 
photobob's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: BAMA
Posts: 3,511

We got her an indoor/outdoor suite. Are there any pet friendly areas at WDW?? Just wondering if there are any places on property we can take her with us other the BFPC.
__________________
*1997 CBR* *1999 ASMovies* *2001 ASMusic* *2003 Yacht Club* *2004 Yacht Club* *2005 Yacht Club* *2006 CSR* *2007 BWV* *2007 Vero Beach* *2008 VWL* *2008 DCL* *2008 BWV* *2009 Vero Beach* *2010 SSR* *2011 Beach Club!!**2013 AKV*
photobob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2012, 09:00 PM   #252
BamaTigger
ANNUAL PASSHOLDER! 6 HOURS FROM DISNEY! 28th TRIP AND COUNTING!!!!
 
BamaTigger's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Southeast Alabama
Posts: 2,261

Quote:
Originally Posted by photobob View Post
We got her an indoor/outdoor suite. Are there any pet friendly areas at WDW?? Just wondering if there are any places on property we can take her with us other the BFPC.
Great! I THINK, not 100% sure about DTD and the BW , but I have seen dogs on leashes at DTD and the Boardwalk. I know they cant go to the parks, but i sure have seen dogs at those 2 places.
__________________

TAKING FUR KIDS TO WDW? CHECK MY BEST FRIENDS PET CARE RESORT FAQ THREAD!http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2552159
BamaTigger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012, 04:04 PM   #253
katiemely
Proud Seabee Wife
 
katiemely's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: North Carolina
Posts: 211

Just wanted to report we took our miniature schnauzers there for a week during December and had a very positive experience. We got our two babies an indoor/outdoor suite and they had plenty of space. They let us leave blankets (we had to sign a release in case something happened and we wouldn't get them back which was no problem) with our smell on them. Our babies sleep with us and I barely work so they are not left alone that often. I was a little anxious about leaving them in NC so we brought them with us so I could visit when I wanted. I loved getting emails with pictures from them and I'm glad they do report cards so I knew people were paying attention to them. And I knew they were paying attention because the report cards described our Lois and Clark to the tee!! I paid extra for the play group (for four hours daily) because I wanted them to be able to run around and thought it was worth the extra cash. All in all a good experience and when we go back to WDW in September we definately will be using BFPC again.
__________________


Family Trips 1988, 1994/High School Choir Candlelight Processional 2001/Honeymoon - July 2010 SOG/May 2011 POFQ/Family Christmas December 2011 SSR/Trip with the Austins - April 2012/Hubby's Bday Trip - September 2012 WL/Girls Trip!! OKW Jan 2013Valentine's Day getaway - Feb 2013 BWV/ Christmas Family Trip - Dec 2013
katiemely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012, 04:13 PM   #254
BamaTigger
ANNUAL PASSHOLDER! 6 HOURS FROM DISNEY! 28th TRIP AND COUNTING!!!!
 
BamaTigger's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Southeast Alabama
Posts: 2,261

Quote:
Originally Posted by katiemely View Post
Just wanted to report we took our miniature schnauzers there for a week during December and had a very positive experience. We got our two babies an indoor/outdoor suite and they had plenty of space. They let us leave blankets (we had to sign a release in case something happened and we wouldn't get them back which was no problem) with our smell on them. Our babies sleep with us and I barely work so they are not left alone that often. I was a little anxious about leaving them in NC so we brought them with us so I could visit when I wanted. I loved getting emails with pictures from them and I'm glad they do report cards so I knew people were paying attention to them. And I knew they were paying attention because the report cards described our Lois and Clark to the tee!! I paid extra for the play group (for four hours daily) because I wanted them to be able to run around and thought it was worth the extra cash. All in all a good experience and when we go back to WDW in September we definately will be using BFPC again.



Excellent report! Thank you for letting us know how your babies did! Its such a great thing when we are off having fun and knowing our fur kids are taken care off.

Did you take any pics of your babies while they were there?

So glad you had a great experience!
__________________

TAKING FUR KIDS TO WDW? CHECK MY BEST FRIENDS PET CARE RESORT FAQ THREAD!http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2552159
BamaTigger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2012, 11:00 AM   #255
udsweetpea
DIS Veteran
 
udsweetpea's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Celebration, Florida
Posts: 678

My beagle did not particularly like Best Friends. She's been boarded before and had tons of fun, but I guess she was extra nervous at Disney. She stayed for 8 hours and didn't eat a thing.

When I first checked her in, I knew she had fleas. It's been an ongoing problem since I adopted her 2 months ago. The vet and the rescue both gave her medication, and I've given her several treatments (and cleaned all of her bedding multiple times). When they saw she had fleas, they looked at me like I was a bad mother and treated her like she had the plague. So they ordered a flea bath for her, which was fine by me. But I think she was put in the grooming area until the groomer came in, so she wasn't in a cozy place.

When I came to pick her up, I noticed the groomer had pulled at a little skin flap on her face and she was bleeding. I brought this up to the staff, but they just ignored me. Two weeks later, and it still bleeds.

Not a fan. I'll take my dog back to Dog Day Afternoon where she gets to play with other dogs (when she's flea-free, of course) without paying extra.
__________________
Check out my running blog! With a Side of Magic

udsweetpea is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:22 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: