Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-01-2011, 08:07 PM   #226
Beauty & the Best
Its all so magical!

I have a few questions about Best Friends.

- No one has mentioned fireworks. Noise from fireworks bothers my dog in a major way, so I am wondering if Magic Kingdom/Epcot/Hollywood Studios fireworks can be heard at Best Friends (or Port Orleans if you've been there during fireworks)?????

- Someone mentioned that she walked her dog while he/she was at Best Friends...so you can pop in and visit/walk/play with your dog at anytime?

We usually board at Pet Paradise in Sanford, and will still do that for long trips that don't involve wdw, but for short overnight trips BF is much more convenient.

Thanks in advance for any answers you can give me!!!
Old 10-02-2011, 07:27 PM   #227
YetiRider
Earning My Ears

Hey, Liz - the fireworks don't go off until about 9 o'clock, and I would imagine that all the dogs are inside and tucked away for the night by that time. I would give them a call, though, and tell them about your dog. Each time I go, I always remind them about my TT's quirky behaviors.
And you can def visit your guys during the day, but truthfully, it's sometimes hard to leave the parks when you're having such a great time. My kids always yell at me: they're fine! they're with their friends!!
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-08-2011, 11:20 AM   #228
BamaTigger
ANNUAL PASSHOLDER! 6 HOURS FROM DISNEY! 28th TRIP AND COUNTING!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beauty & the Best View Post
I have a few questions about Best Friends.

- No one has mentioned fireworks. Noise from fireworks bothers my dog in a major way, so I am wondering if Magic Kingdom/Epcot/Hollywood Studios fireworks can be heard at Best Friends (or Port Orleans if you've been there during fireworks)?????

- Someone mentioned that she walked her dog while he/she was at Best Friends...so you can pop in and visit/walk/play with your dog at anytime?

We usually board at Pet Paradise in Sanford, and will still do that for long trips that don't involve wdw, but for short overnight trips BF is much more convenient.

Thanks in advance for any answers you can give me!!!
I wouldnt think you could hear the fireworks at the pet resort. But yea, I would call and ask them, or if you have Facebook, check out their facebook page. http://www.facebook.com/bestfriendsdisney

You can go visit your fur kid during anytime while the resort is open.

TAKING FUR KIDS TO WDW? CHECK MY BEST FRIENDS PET CARE RESORT FAQ THREAD!http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2552159
BamaTigger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2011, 11:14 AM   #229
BamaTigger

Bumping. Anyone have any reviews?

TAKING FUR KIDS TO WDW? CHECK MY BEST FRIENDS PET CARE RESORT FAQ THREAD!http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2552159
Old 10-28-2011, 10:51 AM   #230
lilmissdisney216
Pawsitively Lovin a Labrador!

I had a concern about the collar that I read in Bama's review. I'm travelling to WDW in March with my future leader dog and she HAS to have her collar on at all times (not my rule, Leader Dog rule) and the paper one is not gonna work out. I may have to call them and see if they can leave her collar on her instead of giving her a paper collar to wear. She has ALOT of instructions that come with her so we may go VIP due to all of this ( I seriously have a little manual typed up for anyone who takes care of her). Thoughts?
Old 10-28-2011, 11:17 AM   #231
BamaTigger

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilmissdisney216 View Post
I had a concern about the collar that I read in Bama's review. I'm travelling to WDW in March with my future leader dog and she HAS to have her collar on at all times (not my rule, Leader Dog rule) and the paper one is not gonna work out. I may have to call them and see if they can leave her collar on her instead of giving her a paper collar to wear. She has ALOT of instructions that come with her so we may go VIP due to all of this ( I seriously have a little manual typed up for anyone who takes care of her). Thoughts?
Well, Im nt sure what a LeaderDog is, but it sounds important! But yes, you can call them and explain the situation. Maybe they can put the paper collar on as well...not sure. I personally think the paper collars are stupid, but its their rules. LOL

But yes, just call and see what they say. Please let us know!

Old 10-28-2011, 02:50 PM   #232
lilmissdisney216

called best friends and they said that she can leave her own collar on (we're booking the vacation villa option for Daisy). They also were really receptive to my instructions for her (i.e. she is to be walked on the blue martingale training collar that I will provide and she only eats Purina Pro Plan Chicken and Rice) and have been really good with accomodating her.

As for what a Leader Dog is, she's in training to become a Leader Dog for the Blind. We're bringing her to Disney as part of her training and the day she won't be accompanying us to the parks she'll be at Best Friends Pet Care. Really excited for this trip and for her! Going to be interesting to say the least.
Old 10-28-2011, 03:18 PM   #233
BamaTigger

Quote:
called best friends and they said that she can leave her own collar on (we're booking the vacation villa option for Daisy). They also were really receptive to my instructions for her (i.e. she is to be walked on the blue martingale training collar that I will provide and she only eats Purina Pro Plan Chicken and Rice) and have been really good with accomodating her.

As for what a Leader Dog is, she's in training to become a Leader Dog for the Blind. We're bringing her to Disney as part of her training and the day she won't be accompanying us to the parks she'll be at Best Friends Pet Care. Really excited for this trip and for her! Going to be interesting to say the least.
Great! Im so happy that they were helpful!

A guide dog!!! Thats so wonderful! Im sure she will be a great Leader Dog!

Please let us know how it goes and take some pics!

Old 10-29-2011, 10:20 AM   #234
lilmissdisney216

Quote:
Originally Posted by BamaTigger View Post
Great! Im so happy that they were helpful!

A guide dog!!! Thats so wonderful! Im sure she will be a great Leader Dog!

Please let us know how it goes and take some pics!
I most definately will let you guys know how it goes!! Plan on making a PTR and TR about my excursion!
Old 10-31-2011, 08:59 AM   #235
BamaTigger

Quote:
I most definately will let you guys know how it goes!! Plan on making a PTR and TR about my excursion!
looking forward to it!

Old 11-02-2011, 11:49 PM   #236
oceanrose
Earning My Ears

Really Torn

I'm planning on bringing our 3 dogs with us to WDW this time since we're driving.

But I am so torn as to whether to get them a Villa or a VIP.

How quiet is the VIP area? I'm also a little concerned about the heat. We're from the northern areas, and my dogs aren't used to heat, we're going in June.

How hard is it to get there from the Epcot resorts? We're staying at the BWV.

I hate boarding the dogs, and one of the reasons I wanted to bring them was to shorten the time in the kennels, and also so I could go over every day and walk them. This past summer they spent 3 days at Disneyland with us, but they were at the hotel every night. I wish WDW would make one of their hotels pet friendly.
oceanrose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2011, 08:13 AM   #237
BamaTigger

Quote:
Originally Posted by oceanrose View Post
I'm planning on bringing our 3 dogs with us to WDW this time since we're driving.

But I am so torn as to whether to get them a Villa or a VIP.

How quiet is the VIP area? I'm also a little concerned about the heat. We're from the northern areas, and my dogs aren't used to heat, we're going in June.

How hard is it to get there from the Epcot resorts? We're staying at the BWV.

I hate boarding the dogs, and one of the reasons I wanted to bring them was to shorten the time in the kennels, and also so I could go over every day and walk them. This past summer they spent 3 days at Disneyland with us, but they were at the hotel every night. I wish WDW would make one of their hotels pet friendly.

Ocean Rose, Im with ya on wishing pets could stay in a WDW hotel. That would be so great! But the BFPC is really good, and since you have 3 dogs and if its in your budget, I would do the VIP suites. They are extremly quiet. There are only 3 in the section and they are away from the other pet areas.When I toured the Villas, they were a bit noisy and I didnt like that, so thats why I like the VIP suites.

Also, its VERY VERY hot in June but the staff doesnt keep them too long in the heat, and the suites do have A/C. You can walk them early morning and in the evening when its not so hot.

Its not a bad drive to BFPC at all...I dont know how long it will take you to get there from BWV, but Im sure not long at all. I know it takes about 10 minutes from the GF to the BFPC, so your drive shouldnt be too much longer. Since its in front of POR you can mapquest it.

Let us know what you chose!

Hope that helps!

Old 11-08-2011, 08:29 PM   #238
katiemely
Proud Seabee Wife

Boarding my two schnauzers here next month . . all the vip and villas were booked but got the babies in an indoor/outdoor . . extremely anxious about boarding the babies. the only time they have ever been away from us was when they were able to stay with the family that bred them. and i knew they treated them like family (they even slept with the teenagers ) i know i'm just getting worried for nothing but they are our babies . . i'm sure it'll be fine . . reading everyone's good comments makes me feel somewhat better. . . i just don't know how i'll sleep at night in Disney without cuddling with my Lois and Clark

Family Trips 1988, 1994/High School Choir Candlelight Processional 2001/Honeymoon - July 2010 SOG/May 2011 POFQ/Family Christmas December 2011 SSR/Trip with the Austins - April 2012/Hubby's Bday Trip - September 2012 WL/Girls Trip!! OKW Jan 2013Valentine's Day getaway - Feb 2013 BWV/ Christmas Family Trip - Dec 2013
katiemely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2011, 08:14 AM   #239
BamaTigger

Quote:
Originally Posted by katiemely View Post
Boarding my two schnauzers here next month . . all the vip and villas were booked but got the babies in an indoor/outdoor . . extremely anxious about boarding the babies. the only time they have ever been away from us was when they were able to stay with the family that bred them. and i knew they treated them like family (they even slept with the teenagers ) i know i'm just getting worried for nothing but they are our babies . . i'm sure it'll be fine . . reading everyone's good comments makes me feel somewhat better. . . i just don't know how i'll sleep at night in Disney without cuddling with my Lois and Clark
I so feel your pain! Instead of my dogs having separation anxiety, I HAVE IT when Im away from them!

But Im sure they will be perfectly fine, and you can go visit ANYTIME you need/want to. You can always add extra walks and cuddle time...and other things, so maybe thats an option for you to make sure they have plenty of interaction out of the suites.

Please take pics if you can and share your experience!

Old 11-12-2011, 09:54 PM   #240
slyster
Mouseketeer

we are considering boarding 3 beagles...which room would fit all three? One is 34 lbs, one is 22 lbs, and the other is 27 lbs. I would love to keep them all in the same kennel. I just don't know if I could afford the luxury suite...would a "vacation villa" do? I'm assuming regardless of the accomodation, you still pay for all three dogs.

Also, between the two port orleans resorts, which is closest? We were already considering port orleans french quarter.

Also, from what I can tell, we could come any time ourselves to walk them right? If we went over in the morning and dinner time? They also allow one walk per day...do you get to pick the time? Thanks in advance especially with all the questions
slyster is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: