Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 08-28-2011, 05:06 PM   #211
Designer Rose
Mouseketeer
 
Designer Rose's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 293

Just an FYI for those that may be staying with Best Friends in the near future, there have been a few policy changes.

First is Best Friends is no longer allowing owner's own bedding for dogs in the standard suites or in the Villas. Those that are staying in VIPs and cats are still allowed to bring their own bedding.

Second, the prices have changed a little bit. VIP is now $79 a night, and Villas are now $60 a night. The standard accommodation prices stayed the same. Also, previously an additional pet sharing a VIP or Villa with another pet used to get 50% off, but now they only get 30% off. And last, Villas and VIPs are now no longer available for half day of daycare, only for full days.

Just wanted to make people aware of the policy changes in case anything comes up.
Designer Rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2011, 06:02 PM   #212
BamaTigger
ANNUAL PASSHOLDER! 6 HOURS FROM DISNEY! 28th TRIP AND COUNTING!!!!
 
BamaTigger's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Southeast Alabama
Posts: 2,261

Quote:
Originally Posted by Designer Rose View Post
Just an FYI for those that may be staying with Best Friends in the near future, there have been a few policy changes.

First is Best Friends is no longer allowing owner's own bedding for dogs in the standard suites or in the Villas. Those that are staying in VIPs and cats are still allowed to bring their own bedding.

Second, the prices have changed a little bit. VIP is now $79 a night, and Villas are now $60 a night. The standard accommodation prices stayed the same. Also, previously an additional pet sharing a VIP or Villa with another pet used to get 50% off, but now they only get 30% off. And last, Villas and VIPs are now no longer available for half day of daycare, only for full days.

Just wanted to make people aware of the policy changes in case anything comes up.
Wow! Those are some major changes! Especially the prices and the 30% off and not 50 anymore!

Thank you for that update!
__________________

TAKING FUR KIDS TO WDW? CHECK MY BEST FRIENDS PET CARE RESORT FAQ THREAD!http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2552159
BamaTigger is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 08-29-2011, 01:06 AM   #213
sweetpee_1993
DIS Veteran
 
sweetpee_1993's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 1,940

We can't bring our own bedding anymore??? That's a big deal for us particularly with how long we typically go. Poor Riley needs a blankie!
__________________
Disney Adventures: 1/04 POP, 1/05 POP, 2/06 POP, 1/07 POP, 12/07 CR, 5/08 POFQ sans kids, 1/09 CR, 5/09 Poly w/o the family, 1/10 AKL, 11/10 POFQ, 9/11 WL+DCL Dream+YC, 5/12 DCL Magic, 9/12 DCL Dream sans kids, 1/13 DCL Magic, 5/13 DCL Fantasy, 9/13 DCL Dream w/friends, 9/13 DCL Fantasy sans kids, 4/14 DLH/Disneyland, 9/14 DCL Dream w/friends, 9/14 DCL Wonder DD, 10/14 DCL Wonder DD

Other Adventures:
11/13 RCI Allure of the Seas

Future Adventures:
5/15 DCL Wonder WBPC
9/15 DCL Dream w/friends
sweetpee_1993 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2011, 07:14 AM   #214
Pixiedust34
It's like I'm stuck in a music time warp
Hasn't touched an iron in over 10 yrs!
I love Target! Where else can you buy candy corn 90% off?!
My tags are getting dusty!
 
Pixiedust34's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 9,631

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetpee_1993 View Post
We can't bring our own bedding anymore??? That's a big deal for us particularly with how long we typically go. Poor Riley needs a blankie!
Our kennel does not allow personal bedding because they provide bedding and wash it every day to keep things clean. Maybe this is what Best Pals is doing? I would ask if bedding is provided.
__________________
Kelly
Pixiedust34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2011, 09:45 AM   #215
sweetpee_1993
DIS Veteran
 
sweetpee_1993's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 1,940

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pixiedust34 View Post
Our kennel does not allow personal bedding because they provide bedding and wash it every day to keep things clean. Maybe this is what Best Pals is doing? I would ask if bedding is provided.
Yeah. The Pet Paradise locations in Houston are the same way about bedding from home. That was one of the things that really set Best Friends apart from other kennels for us, that we could make the experience as much like "home" for Riley as we could. With the price increase and the no-home-bedding policy I'm that much more relieved my brother-in-law will be keeping our girl for us next month. In the future we'll have to get creative with where we leave her.
__________________
Disney Adventures: 1/04 POP, 1/05 POP, 2/06 POP, 1/07 POP, 12/07 CR, 5/08 POFQ sans kids, 1/09 CR, 5/09 Poly w/o the family, 1/10 AKL, 11/10 POFQ, 9/11 WL+DCL Dream+YC, 5/12 DCL Magic, 9/12 DCL Dream sans kids, 1/13 DCL Magic, 5/13 DCL Fantasy, 9/13 DCL Dream w/friends, 9/13 DCL Fantasy sans kids, 4/14 DLH/Disneyland, 9/14 DCL Dream w/friends, 9/14 DCL Wonder DD, 10/14 DCL Wonder DD

Other Adventures:
11/13 RCI Allure of the Seas

Future Adventures:
5/15 DCL Wonder WBPC
9/15 DCL Dream w/friends
sweetpee_1993 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2011, 10:33 AM   #216
BamaTigger
ANNUAL PASSHOLDER! 6 HOURS FROM DISNEY! 28th TRIP AND COUNTING!!!!
 
BamaTigger's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Southeast Alabama
Posts: 2,261

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pixiedust34 View Post
Our kennel does not allow personal bedding because they provide bedding and wash it every day to keep things clean. Maybe this is what Best Pals is doing? I would ask if bedding is provided.
From what Designer Rose says, only in the VIP Villas and cats!
__________________

TAKING FUR KIDS TO WDW? CHECK MY BEST FRIENDS PET CARE RESORT FAQ THREAD!http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2552159
BamaTigger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2011, 08:04 PM   #217
Designer Rose
Mouseketeer
 
Designer Rose's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 293

There is bedding that can be provided. There is a canvas cot provided for every guest, and there are fleece beds you can pay for for them. (I believe they're $5) And if you insist on bringing your own bedding you can, you'll just have to sign a contract saying that the bedding won't be returned. The change in policy is in order to provide a more flea-free environment for the pets. Some owners were bringing in bedding not noticing that it was full of fleas!

Last edited by Designer Rose; 08-29-2011 at 09:39 PM.
Designer Rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2011, 10:44 AM   #218
BamaTigger
ANNUAL PASSHOLDER! 6 HOURS FROM DISNEY! 28th TRIP AND COUNTING!!!!
 
BamaTigger's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Southeast Alabama
Posts: 2,261

Quote:
Originally Posted by Designer Rose View Post
There is bedding that can be provided. There is a canvas cot provided for every guest, and there are fleece beds you can pay for for them. (I believe they're $5) And if you insist on bringing your own bedding you can, you'll just have to sign a contract saying that the bedding won't be returned. The change in policy is in order to provide a more flea-free environment for the pets. Some owners were bringing in bedding not noticing that it was full of fleas!
Then that is a great thing then.....because I know i dont want my boys being infested with fleas!

Thanks for that info!
__________________

TAKING FUR KIDS TO WDW? CHECK MY BEST FRIENDS PET CARE RESORT FAQ THREAD!http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2552159
BamaTigger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2011, 02:43 PM   #219
sweetpee_1993
DIS Veteran
 
sweetpee_1993's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 1,940

Eek! Yes, I agree! No fleas for our baby girl! My aunt boarded her mini-schnauzer at a kennel local to her house in the past year and he came home with fleas. I would die. I've only ever seen a single flea on Riley once when we were visiting my grandmother. Her yard has sand and stuff so not surprising that a flea hopped on Riley. We picked it off her and flushed it. We're really careful with the pests & our girl.

As long as Riley can get a cushy bed and a blankie I'm good. She's a cuddly little thing. She needs a lovey spot.
__________________
Disney Adventures: 1/04 POP, 1/05 POP, 2/06 POP, 1/07 POP, 12/07 CR, 5/08 POFQ sans kids, 1/09 CR, 5/09 Poly w/o the family, 1/10 AKL, 11/10 POFQ, 9/11 WL+DCL Dream+YC, 5/12 DCL Magic, 9/12 DCL Dream sans kids, 1/13 DCL Magic, 5/13 DCL Fantasy, 9/13 DCL Dream w/friends, 9/13 DCL Fantasy sans kids, 4/14 DLH/Disneyland, 9/14 DCL Dream w/friends, 9/14 DCL Wonder DD, 10/14 DCL Wonder DD

Other Adventures:
11/13 RCI Allure of the Seas

Future Adventures:
5/15 DCL Wonder WBPC
9/15 DCL Dream w/friends
sweetpee_1993 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2011, 03:44 PM   #220
BamaTigger
ANNUAL PASSHOLDER! 6 HOURS FROM DISNEY! 28th TRIP AND COUNTING!!!!
 
BamaTigger's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Southeast Alabama
Posts: 2,261

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetpee_1993 View Post
Eek! Yes, I agree! No fleas for our baby girl! My aunt boarded her mini-schnauzer at a kennel local to her house in the past year and he came home with fleas. I would die. I've only ever seen a single flea on Riley once when we were visiting my grandmother. Her yard has sand and stuff so not surprising that a flea hopped on Riley. We picked it off her and flushed it. We're really careful with the pests & our girl.

As long as Riley can get a cushy bed and a blankie I'm good. She's a cuddly little thing. She needs a lovey spot.
__________________

TAKING FUR KIDS TO WDW? CHECK MY BEST FRIENDS PET CARE RESORT FAQ THREAD!http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2552159
BamaTigger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2011, 07:39 PM   #221
YetiRider
Earning My Ears
 
YetiRider's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: OBX
Posts: 32

Hang on, everyone!
I just called there and got the story straight from one of the staff members: the rate increase is ONLY for luxury suites!! That's it! The prices for everything else have stayed the same. whew!
(and just between us, the people in the luxury suites could probably afford to pay a little bit more anyway, right?)

Hope this makes all of us feel better.
__________________
me :: DH DD DS DS:: fur babies
YetiRider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2011, 12:56 PM   #222
BamaTigger
ANNUAL PASSHOLDER! 6 HOURS FROM DISNEY! 28th TRIP AND COUNTING!!!!
 
BamaTigger's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Southeast Alabama
Posts: 2,261

Quote:
Originally Posted by YetiRider View Post
Hang on, everyone!
I just called there and got the story straight from one of the staff members: the rate increase is ONLY for luxury suites!! That's it! The prices for everything else have stayed the same. whew!
(and just between us, the people in the luxury suites could probably afford to pay a little bit more anyway, right?)

Hope this makes all of us feel better.
Thanks for the info YetiRider! And Im not happy about the rate increase in the
VIP suites! But, as long as the furkids are well taken care of, thats what matters!
__________________

TAKING FUR KIDS TO WDW? CHECK MY BEST FRIENDS PET CARE RESORT FAQ THREAD!http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2552159
BamaTigger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2011, 09:37 AM   #223
GrumpysGal
Suffers From OCDD (Obsessive Compulsive Disney Disorder)
 
GrumpysGal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Tennessee
Posts: 100

Quote:
Originally Posted by Designer Rose View Post
There is bedding that can be provided. There is a canvas cot provided for every guest, and there are fleece beds you can pay for for them. (I believe they're $5) And if you insist on bringing your own bedding you can, you'll just have to sign a contract saying that the bedding won't be returned. The change in policy is in order to provide a more flea-free environment for the pets. Some owners were bringing in bedding not noticing that it was full of fleas!
Maybe I'm missing something, but if they still let you bring in your own bedding (if you insist) with the stipulation that it won't be returned, how does that address the problem of the bedding potentially being full of fleas which is the reason given for now discouraging bringing personal bedding?
__________________
DH Me DD15: DD10 Pixie


GrumpysGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2011, 09:31 AM   #224
nono
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Coastal NJ
Posts: 765

Our dog stayed for 11 days there, and did well. She was in a Vacation Villa.

We visited her regularly, and noticed the staff doing dog walks, etc. for different dogs. We were free to come and go as we wanted, and they didn't even mind the night my whole family decided to stay and watch Toy Story 3 . In the villa with the dog. The staff was at me because I was . I'm on vacation, hanging out in a kennel.

We were contacted within the first 24 hours with a couple questions about our dog. We also saw her on the webcams having her play date a couple of days, so overall, we had a very positive experience. I don't believe, based on our experience, that the place is all smoke and mirrors. I'm sure they aren't perfect, and problems can occur. But it sure seemed the intent to do things well was there.
__________________
nono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2011, 11:06 AM   #225
YetiRider
Earning My Ears
 
YetiRider's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: OBX
Posts: 32

Heads Up!

ACK - I waited until the last minute to book my Thanksgiving and Christmas reserves, and was told that BF is just about COMPLETELY FULL! There are still a few all-indoor suites available, though, and some daycare options and a waiting list, too. So now I'm planning my family's days at Epcot, and planning my days for the doggies at BF. Anyone ever eat at Port Orleans? It's across from BF
Here's the website that I didn't look at soon enough, oops:
http://wdw.bestfriendspetcare.com/ne...-much-room-inn
__________________
me :: DH DD DS DS:: fur babies
YetiRider is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:53 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: