Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-09-2011, 08:04 PM   #196
Designer Rose
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sammi the Chihuahua View Post
Is this place in walking distance if I stay at POR?
It is right across the street from Port Orleans Riverside. So yes, it is possible to walk to Best Friends, just keep in mind that you would be crossing four lanes of traffic.
Designer Rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2011, 01:18 AM   #197
chungpe84s
Earning My Ears

thank you for sharing
chungpe84s is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-10-2011, 10:25 AM   #198
YetiRider
Earning My Ears

Hi, Sammi! Bonnet Creek Parkway traffic isn't really bad at all. I've never had a problem crossing there to go visit my guys.
Have fun!!!
Old 08-16-2011, 07:50 PM   #199
BamaTigger
ANNUAL PASSHOLDER! 6 HOURS FROM DISNEY! 28th TRIP AND COUNTING!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by yarddecor View Post
We just boarded our 2 dogs in one of the Vacation Villas for 3 days. I was really impressed with the cleanliness and quietness of the facility. We went and walked our dogs twice and both times all 14 of the villas were clean and the dogs in them looked very comfortable. We have an 80 pound lab and a 68 pound mixed breed and the Villa size was just fine for the 2 of them. There was a fluffy bed on the raised concrete platform and a cot on the floor. When we picked them up, they were in a play group which was well monitored by the staff. I didn't see the regular kennels so I can't say anything about them but the VIP Suites and Vacation Villas are quite nice. I booked a VIP Suite for out next visit just because money wise it works out better if you want your dogs having an extra walk and playgroup each day plus they have twice the room that the villas have. The VIP Suites have an outdoor area where the dogs go out for air and relief where it appeared the Villas have a concrete area through their doggy door that is inside. I didn't see what was on the other side of the doggy door but from looking at the layout of the building, it couldn't be outside. The doggy door is opened 5 times during the day for the dogs to go out. I was really happy with the boarding! It's always traumatic for me going away and worrying about the dogs!
Im so glad your furkids had a nice stay! The Villas are roomy and nice! And that is one clean place Every day they would take my boys out of their VIP suite for a walk and clean it EXTREMELY WELL! I never had an issue with the cleanliness!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sammi the Chihuahua View Post
Is this place in walking distance if I stay at POR?
Sure is!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Designer Rose View Post
It is right across the street from Port Orleans Riverside. So yes, it is possible to walk to Best Friends, just keep in mind that you would be crossing four lanes of traffic.
Traffic is not too bad in the early mornings.

Quote:
Originally Posted by YetiRider View Post
Hi, Sammi! Bonnet Creek Parkway traffic isn't really bad at all. I've never had a problem crossing there to go visit my guys.
Have fun!!!

TAKING FUR KIDS TO WDW? CHECK MY BEST FRIENDS PET CARE RESORT FAQ THREAD!http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2552159
BamaTigger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2011, 02:00 PM   #200
Wicket's Mom
DIS Veteran

Is this the only kennel at WDW? I thought that there were several or are the others not built yet?
(url)http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3050319
It Was the Best of Times & the Worst, But It Was the Best Trip Evah!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2811518
Wicket's Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2011, 05:02 PM   #201
BamaTigger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wicket's Mom View Post
Is this the only kennel at WDW? I thought that there were several or are the others not built yet?
The park kennels all closed and the only one on WDW property is BFPC.

TAKING FUR KIDS TO WDW? CHECK MY BEST FRIENDS PET CARE RESORT FAQ THREAD!http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2552159
Old 08-17-2011, 09:08 PM   #202
Wicket's Mom
DIS Veteran

Thanks, I thought that several were being built.

BTW, love your poms & yorkie. I have a pom & used to have a yorkie.
(url)http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3050319
It Was the Best of Times & the Worst, But It Was the Best Trip Evah!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2811518
Wicket's Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2011, 08:28 AM   #203
athenna
DIS Veteran

I've been waiting a long time for a new, really, cool tag..., but I was hit by a drive by tagging instead!

Not to get too off topic, but if anyone remembers my dilemma of where I was going to board my puppy, Beauty for a week and a half, just thouht I'd update.
We live just North of Boston, so we do have plenty of options...No one will come stay with her while we're gone...I'm not surprised it's a lot to ask.
Our friends refered us to Fenway Bark (isn't that cute) So my fiance and I last week took the tour, and asked a ton of questions..Got to the look at the rooms and the play area...I think she's gonna love it Play time ever day, which is part of the cost, not extra like PetSmart Hotels.
The room size she needs is ''luxury box'' because the smaller ones are for tiny dogs...This has cable tv, which she doesn't reall;y need, but it has Skype which is good for me.

Hope this helps someone!

I got engaged 1/24/10 in Epcot
athenna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2011, 09:14 AM   #204
BamaTigger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wicket's Mom View Post
Thanks, I thought that several were being built.

BTW, love your poms & yorkie. I have a pom & used to have a yorkie.

Awe thank you! Poms and yorkies are the best arent they? I love my animals more than anything in this world!

Quote:
Originally Posted by athenna View Post
Not to get too off topic, but if anyone remembers my dilemma of where I was going to board my puppy, Beauty for a week and a half, just thouht I'd update.
We live just North of Boston, so we do have plenty of options...No one will come stay with her while we're gone...I'm not surprised it's a lot to ask.
Our friends refered us to Fenway Bark (isn't that cute) So my fiance and I last week took the tour, and asked a ton of questions..Got to the look at the rooms and the play area...I think she's gonna love it Play time ever day, which is part of the cost, not extra like PetSmart Hotels.
The room size she needs is ''luxury box'' because the smaller ones are for tiny dogs...This has cable tv, which she doesn't reall;y need, but it has Skype which is good for me.

Hope this helps someone!
Thats great you found a place closer to board your furkid! Glad you love it and feel comfy with it!

Old 08-19-2011, 11:44 AM   #205
Goofy442
DIS Veteran

Our puppy stayed there during February vacation and was in the indoor/outdoor runs. They need to do something with the lines, why do I need to stand back in line after spending time with my pet. I brought her own water, because she got sick the last time and they never did said anything to me. I feed and walk her myself, the only time they walk her is at nine at night. This time she had a allergic reaction to something, she had green crap coming out of her eyes. When I asked had anyone checked on her lately the answer was no. Clearly if you walked by her you could see this. Thank goodness our vet ( Banfield Hospital) could transfer our records to the Banfield Hospital in Florida and get her treated.

Goofy442 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2011, 03:03 PM   #206
BamaTigger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goofy442 View Post
Our puppy stayed there during February vacation and was in the indoor/outdoor runs. They need to do something with the lines, why do I need to stand back in line after spending time with my pet. I brought her own water, because she got sick the last time and they never did said anything to me. I feed and walk her myself, the only time they walk her is at nine at night. This time she had a allergic reaction to something, she had green crap coming out of her eyes. When I asked had anyone checked on her lately the answer was no. Clearly if you walked by her you could see this. Thank goodness our vet ( Banfield Hospital) could transfer our records to the Banfield Hospital in Florida and get her treated.
Sorry to hear you had a bad experience....did you pay for extra walks, cause if not, their walks by the staff are limited. What did she have an allergic reaction to, did the animal hospital say? and was it from BFPC?

Old 08-20-2011, 02:12 PM   #207
Goofy442
DIS Veteran

I walked and played with her twice a day and they walk her at nine at night. My vet said she had a allergic reaction to something at the kennels. This was our first time staying there. She has stayed before at fort wilderness kennel before and we never had any problems.

Old 08-21-2011, 06:55 PM   #208
BamaTigger

Quote:
I walked and played with her twice a day and they walk her at nine at night. My vet said she had a allergic reaction to something at the kennels. This was our first time staying there. She has stayed before at fort wilderness kennel before and we never had any problems.
If im not mistaken, I think with your babies accomodations, they only get walked once. I will recheck and make sure, but I think that's what you get with it.

Im sorry she had an allergic reaction! poor baby! It could of been a number of things in there. Im glad she got better!

Old 08-22-2011, 02:57 PM   #209
Goofy442
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by BamaTigger View Post
If im not mistaken, I think with your babies accomodations, they only get walked once. I will recheck and make sure, but I think that's what you get with it.

Im sorry she had an allergic reaction! poor baby! It could of been a number of things in there. Im glad she got better!
Yes, they only walk once per day. That is why I choose nine at night so she could go outside to pee and be good for the night.

Thank you, we never did find out what happen to her. My vet said it could be from a zillion things. When she gets her shots they have to do one a week she had a bad reation to one of the shots.

Old 08-22-2011, 03:06 PM   #210
BamaTigger

Quote:
Yes, they only walk once per day. That is why I choose nine at night so she could go outside to pee and be good for the night.

Thank you, we never did find out what happen to her. My vet said it could be from a zillion things. When she gets her shots they have to do one a week she had a bad reation to one of the shots.
Bless her heart!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: