Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-09-2011, 09:46 AM   #181
athenna
DIS Veteran

I've been waiting a long time for a new, really, cool tag..., but I was hit by a drive by tagging instead!

Thanks, again
Was just looking at the website for the Best Friends one in Wakefield...Thats a good possibility...It's $45 a night, though, which is rather pricey since it will be sbout 11 nights.

I got engaged 1/24/10 in Epcot
athenna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2011, 12:55 AM   #182
sweetpee_1993
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by BamaTigger View Post
As I said before, the PP was not a troll...she posted on Facebook about this on the BFPC page. I just hate she had a terrible experience.

I am also sad that you didnt have a great experience as well. I know sometimes when our fur kids are taken out of their own environment, they do not do things. My oldes Pom, Taz doesnt eat when he isnt at home, so I know how you feel! I think some staff is better than the others. I know the staff that I have are just great. I am so sorry to hear about those who dont have good staff because the animals come first and every staff needs to be attentive and doing their job!
Ditto. At home Riley eats when I'm in the kitchen. Obviously at BFPC I'm not ever going to be "in the kitchen". We didn't really think about it prior to her stay. It was the BF's staff who alerted us that she wasn't eating. They offered to let us try to encourage her to eat while we were there if we wanted to. Of course we tried. Our first couple tries to get her to eat weren't too successful but eventually she got the picture and started gobbling down her food for us.
Disney Adventures: 1/04 POP, 1/05 POP, 2/06 POP, 1/07 POP, 12/07 CR, 5/08 POFQ sans kids, 1/09 CR, 5/09 Poly w/o the family, 1/10 AKL, 11/10 POFQ, 9/11 WL+DCL Dream+YC, 5/12 DCL Magic, 9/12 DCL Dream sans kids, 1/13 DCL Magic, 5/13 DCL Fantasy, 9/13 DCL Dream w/friends, 9/13 DCL Fantasy sans kids, 4/14 DLH/Disneyland, 9/14 DCL Dream w/friends, 9/14 DCL Wonder DD, 10/14 DCL Wonder DD

Other Adventures:
11/13 RCI Allure of the Seas

Future Adventures:
5/15 DCL Wonder WBPC
9/15 DCL Dream w/friends
sweetpee_1993 is online now   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-12-2011, 08:06 PM   #183
BamaTigger
ANNUAL PASSHOLDER! 6 HOURS FROM DISNEY! 28th TRIP AND COUNTING!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetpee_1993 View Post
Ditto. At home Riley eats when I'm in the kitchen. Obviously at BFPC I'm not ever going to be "in the kitchen". We didn't really think about it prior to her stay. It was the BF's staff who alerted us that she wasn't eating. They offered to let us try to encourage her to eat while we were there if we wanted to. Of course we tried. Our first couple tries to get her to eat weren't too successful but eventually she got the picture and started gobbling down her food for us.
I know exactly how that is! Even my other Pom, Max wont poop until like the 2nd day when he is there, its just he has to settle in and get used to the environment!

We have to actually sit down with Taz, pour his kibble out in a small dish and sit there with him while he eats! I remember at the old TTC kennel, we would sit there on the concrete right there by the sidewalk where people would be entering/leaving the parking lot to the TTC and he would sit there and eat while we people watched and played with Max and Rascal! Ah...memories!

TAKING FUR KIDS TO WDW? CHECK MY BEST FRIENDS PET CARE RESORT FAQ THREAD!http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2552159
BamaTigger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2011, 07:39 PM   #184
nono
DIS Veteran

Thanks for all the info. on this thread. It looks like we'll be using it as our local kennel will be closed during our trip.
Old 06-29-2011, 10:17 AM   #185
BamaTigger

Quote:
Originally Posted by nono View Post
Thanks for all the info. on this thread. It looks like we'll be using it as our local kennel will be closed during our trip.
Great! Please feel free to ask any questions, for we all will try our best to help you! Hope to have a great report after you get back home!

TAKING FUR KIDS TO WDW? CHECK MY BEST FRIENDS PET CARE RESORT FAQ THREAD!http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2552159
Old 07-11-2011, 10:22 AM   #186
BamaTigger

Just checking to see if anyone has let their pets stay here recently!

Old 07-11-2011, 10:47 AM   #187
ms mouse
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by lenshanem View Post
Does anyone know what the discount is for AP and/or DVC? Thanks!
There is also a discount if staying on property. We had a great experience I wish there was one close to our home.
ms mouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2011, 11:40 AM   #188
BamaTigger

Quote:
Originally Posted by ms mouse View Post
There is also a discount if staying on property. We had a great experience I wish there was one close to our home.
There sure is! I believe the AP discount is 10%...correct me if Im wrong. Not sure what the DVC discount it.

I do too ms mouse....I will NOT board my boys at the vet here in town, they ARE NOT staying in a crate like they have here...then on weekends or holidays they get ONE potty walk per day and thats IT! No way would I ever do that to my boys. If my sister cant watch them at home, then they are going with me to BFPC!

Old 07-12-2011, 07:05 AM   #189
sweetpee_1993
DIS Veteran

Well, Riley Belle has had her BFPC reservations since I booked our September trip. In the last month a bunch of family members have offered to keep her for us. My hubby's brother looooooves critters, adores Riley (that's her buddy), but he can't have a pooch because his wife is deathly afraid of them. She was even afraid to pet Riley when she was a bitty pup that fit in my hand. LOL! He's working down here in Texas while his family is in Atlanta so he keeps going on and on about how Riley would make him less lonesome. Awwwww.... During the day while he's at work Riley would stay with the hubby's mother.

Then my mother has offered to keep Riley! That's amazing! But Mom has a kitty that really isn't so thrilled with Riley's wish to play tag with her. And my mom's ex-hubby that I've spent time with over the summer think my little pooch is da-bomb and wants her to come for a visit. But he has a big golden and those big dogs really freaked Riley out last time we were at BFPC so I don't know how she'd like rooming with a big dog. I'm so flattered, tho, that Riley is so loved. She really is a sweetheart. It seems nobody is immune to her charming little self!

We're actually torn. We love going to visit her and making our girl part of our adventure. BFPC is sooooooo nice. It's literally the next best thing to having her at home. We know she would be happier if she could stay with someone she can cuddle up with at night so I suppose we'll be leaving her with my brother-in-law. I'm keeping her reservation for now just in case something happens and we still need to board her.

Just the fact that I'm torn even in the situation where I'd be spending $600+ or not (it's 12 nights). You'd think that's a no-brainer. Right?
Disney Adventures: 1/04 POP, 1/05 POP, 2/06 POP, 1/07 POP, 12/07 CR, 5/08 POFQ sans kids, 1/09 CR, 5/09 Poly w/o the family, 1/10 AKL, 11/10 POFQ, 9/11 WL+DCL Dream+YC, 5/12 DCL Magic, 9/12 DCL Dream sans kids, 1/13 DCL Magic, 5/13 DCL Fantasy, 9/13 DCL Dream w/friends, 9/13 DCL Fantasy sans kids, 4/14 DLH/Disneyland, 9/14 DCL Dream w/friends, 9/14 DCL Wonder DD, 10/14 DCL Wonder DD

Other Adventures:
11/13 RCI Allure of the Seas

Future Adventures:
5/15 DCL Wonder WBPC
9/15 DCL Dream w/friends
sweetpee_1993 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2011, 01:18 PM   #190
BamaTigger

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetpee_1993 View Post
Well, Riley Belle has had her BFPC reservations since I booked our September trip. In the last month a bunch of family members have offered to keep her for us. My hubby's brother looooooves critters, adores Riley (that's her buddy), but he can't have a pooch because his wife is deathly afraid of them. She was even afraid to pet Riley when she was a bitty pup that fit in my hand. LOL! He's working down here in Texas while his family is in Atlanta so he keeps going on and on about how Riley would make him less lonesome. Awwwww.... During the day while he's at work Riley would stay with the hubby's mother.

Then my mother has offered to keep Riley! That's amazing! But Mom has a kitty that really isn't so thrilled with Riley's wish to play tag with her. And my mom's ex-hubby that I've spent time with over the summer think my little pooch is da-bomb and wants her to come for a visit. But he has a big golden and those big dogs really freaked Riley out last time we were at BFPC so I don't know how she'd like rooming with a big dog. I'm so flattered, tho, that Riley is so loved. She really is a sweetheart. It seems nobody is immune to her charming little self!

We're actually torn. We love going to visit her and making our girl part of our adventure. BFPC is sooooooo nice. It's literally the next best thing to having her at home. We know she would be happier if she could stay with someone she can cuddle up with at night so I suppose we'll be leaving her with my brother-in-law. I'm keeping her reservation for now just in case something happens and we still need to board her.

Just the fact that I'm torn even in the situation where I'd be spending $600+ or not (it's 12 nights). You'd think that's a no-brainer. Right?
WOW! What choices you have! Basically, what is most important is for RILEY's comfort and where she would be most happy and not stressed out! Good luck on making the decision! 12 nites! Awesome! Although, I would absoltely die if I didnt see my boys for that long! IM the one that gets separation anxiety for 3 nights! LOL

Old 07-13-2011, 11:06 AM   #191
Designer Rose
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BamaTigger View Post
There sure is! I believe the AP discount is 10%...correct me if Im wrong. Not sure what the DVC discount it.

I do too ms mouse....I will NOT board my boys at the vet here in town, they ARE NOT staying in a crate like they have here...then on weekends or holidays they get ONE potty walk per day and thats IT! No way would I ever do that to my boys. If my sister cant watch them at home, then they are going with me to BFPC!
The DVC discount and the AP discount are the same. Best Friends offers a discount for DVC members, AP holders, people staying at a resort, and castmembers. I know the DVC and AP discount is a little over 10%, i'll have to check the correct percentages.
Designer Rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2011, 11:44 AM   #192
BamaTigger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Designer Rose View Post
The DVC discount and the AP discount are the same. Best Friends offers a discount for DVC members, AP holders, people staying at a resort, and castmembers. I know the DVC and AP discount is a little over 10%, i'll have to check the correct percentages.
Thats what I figured too. Thank you!

Old 08-05-2011, 11:23 AM   #193
BamaTigger

Just made the boys ressies for Labor Day for the VIP suite!! I will know what NOT to do in the dog park this time so my Rascal wont get sick! If I see any big dogs coming, I will immediately take him inside!

Im sad to say that Stephanie isnt there anymore. and my sweet Lenora will be on Maternity Leave! I really wanted one of them to be their concierge!

Now I have to find a new favorite!

Old 08-05-2011, 04:27 PM   #194
yarddecor
Earning My Ears

We just boarded our 2 dogs in one of the Vacation Villas for 3 days. I was really impressed with the cleanliness and quietness of the facility. We went and walked our dogs twice and both times all 14 of the villas were clean and the dogs in them looked very comfortable. We have an 80 pound lab and a 68 pound mixed breed and the Villa size was just fine for the 2 of them. There was a fluffy bed on the raised concrete platform and a cot on the floor. When we picked them up, they were in a play group which was well monitored by the staff. I didn't see the regular kennels so I can't say anything about them but the VIP Suites and Vacation Villas are quite nice. I booked a VIP Suite for out next visit just because money wise it works out better if you want your dogs having an extra walk and playgroup each day plus they have twice the room that the villas have. The VIP Suites have an outdoor area where the dogs go out for air and relief where it appeared the Villas have a concrete area through their doggy door that is inside. I didn't see what was on the other side of the doggy door but from looking at the layout of the building, it couldn't be outside. The doggy door is opened 5 times during the day for the dogs to go out. I was really happy with the boarding! It's always traumatic for me going away and worrying about the dogs!
yarddecor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2011, 09:30 AM   #195
Sammi the Chihuahua
Earning My Ears

Is this place in walking distance if I stay at POR?

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: