Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 05-17-2011, 09:12 AM   #151
BamaTigger
ANNUAL PASSHOLDER! 6 HOURS FROM DISNEY! 28th TRIP AND COUNTING!!!!
 
BamaTigger's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Southeast Alabama
Posts: 2,261

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomWolf View Post
I sent them an email from work today asking if that option was possible for Foster. (I'm still on a tight budget, but he's a very social dog). So hopefully they can do it. I'm heading down there with him next week. Filming the whole trip.

Awesome! Would love to see the film! Have a great time!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaysmommie View Post
Great . Will you post a review when you get back? I'm also hoping someone can comment on how well the A/C works there. My Pug can't get too warm. She is booked for a villa in July, waitlisted for a VIP suite.
Yes, I too would like to know if the A/C is working better.
__________________

TAKING FUR KIDS TO WDW? CHECK MY BEST FRIENDS PET CARE RESORT FAQ THREAD!http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2552159
BamaTigger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2011, 11:46 AM   #152
TomWolf
Earning My Ears
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Atlanta, GA.
Posts: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by BamaTigger View Post
Awesome! Would love to see the film! Have a great time!
One more question...
The Premium Bed. Foster doesn't really have a bed at home. He sleeps either on the carpet or on the kitchen floor. I was going to "Buy" him a bed for the trip... but he'll never use it other than for this trip. Should I just spend the extra $5 a day for a Premium bed? That'll save me money on buying him one. Anything else I should think about bringing? I was just going to bring him, a few of his toys, and maybe some of his food (in case he got picky). Should I get a blanket for him or anything?

Tom
TomWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 05-18-2011, 02:13 PM   #153
BamaTigger
ANNUAL PASSHOLDER! 6 HOURS FROM DISNEY! 28th TRIP AND COUNTING!!!!
 
BamaTigger's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Southeast Alabama
Posts: 2,261

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomWolf View Post
One more question...
The Premium Bed. Foster doesn't really have a bed at home. He sleeps either on the carpet or on the kitchen floor. I was going to "Buy" him a bed for the trip... but he'll never use it other than for this trip. Should I just spend the extra $5 a day for a Premium bed? That'll save me money on buying him one. Anything else I should think about bringing? I was just going to bring him, a few of his toys, and maybe some of his food (in case he got picky). Should I get a blanket for him or anything?

Tom
Tom, well, Im an overpacker, so of course Im going to say yes to the blanket! LOL...but honestly, you might bring a blanket , you never know. Especially if it smells like home, because that will put Foster more at ease to have something from and smells like home. And I think the $5.00 per day for a bed is a great idea, he may just enjoy it!

When I travel with my boys, I always take their own food, their favorite toys, blanket, and bedding (cause they are picky!!). Something else you might want to take with you are those disposable pet wipes, just in case Foster gets dirty or has an accident, etc. Those things are handy to have! Maybe take some of Foster's treats if he gets any at home, then when you go visit, Foster can have a treat! Dont forget Fosters vaccination papers too!
__________________

TAKING FUR KIDS TO WDW? CHECK MY BEST FRIENDS PET CARE RESORT FAQ THREAD!http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2552159
BamaTigger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2011, 02:18 PM   #154
BamaTigger
ANNUAL PASSHOLDER! 6 HOURS FROM DISNEY! 28th TRIP AND COUNTING!!!!
 
BamaTigger's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Southeast Alabama
Posts: 2,261

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomWolf View Post
One more question...
The Premium Bed. Foster doesn't really have a bed at home. He sleeps either on the carpet or on the kitchen floor. I was going to "Buy" him a bed for the trip... but he'll never use it other than for this trip. Should I just spend the extra $5 a day for a Premium bed? That'll save me money on buying him one. Anything else I should think about bringing? I was just going to bring him, a few of his toys, and maybe some of his food (in case he got picky). Should I get a blanket for him or anything?

Tom
oh yea, go ahead and write your last name on everything you take with a Sharpie marker. Toys, blanket, etc. That will save time at check in.
__________________

TAKING FUR KIDS TO WDW? CHECK MY BEST FRIENDS PET CARE RESORT FAQ THREAD!http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2552159
BamaTigger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2011, 04:34 PM   #155
sweetpee_1993
DIS Veteran
 
sweetpee_1993's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 1,634

Tom, when we took our little Riley Belle I took several blankets (she has half dozen or so ) from home that had the "home" smell. I thought I'd need to be rotating them out during the week for fresh ones but never needed to. Hers stayed perfectly clean & unstinky. Even if you get the premium bed maybe having the blanket with the smell of home will make it a little more comfy for Foster. I didn't set Riley's stuff up for her but when we went for our first visit we found that the staff had spread her blanky over the big bed in her villa. I thought that was so sweet.

As for paying for the premium bed vs. purchasing one to bring, we bought Riley a little cheapy donut-shaped bed at Ross for like $10 or $15. The cover is removable/washable. Since our November trip to Best Friends/WDW she gets to use this bed for visits to my mom's house. I just leave this bed there so whenever I travel to visit my folks it's one less thing to pack. Riley already has a great big doggy bed at home PLUS she sleeps on my bed against my legs at night. One could say that little princess has a king-size Tempurpedic, too. Wow! We really do spoil her, huh???
__________________
Disney Adventures: 1/04 POP, 1/05 POP, 2/06 POP, 1/07 POP, 12/07 CR, 5/08 POFQ sans kids, 1/09 CR, 5/09 Poly w/o the family, 1/10 AKL, 11/10 POFQ, 9/11 WL+DCL Dream+YC, 5/12 DCL Magic, 9/12 DCL Dream sans kids, 1/13 DCL Magic, 5/13 DCL Fantasy, 9/13 DCL Dream w/friends, 9/13 DCL Fantasy sans kids, 4/14 DLH/Disneyland

Other Adventures:
11/13 RCI Allure of the Seas

Future Adventures:
9/14 DCL Dream w/friends
9/14 Disneyland sans kids
5/15 DCL Wonder WBPC
11/15 DCL Wonder
sweetpee_1993 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2011, 08:21 AM   #156
BamaTigger
ANNUAL PASSHOLDER! 6 HOURS FROM DISNEY! 28th TRIP AND COUNTING!!!!
 
BamaTigger's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Southeast Alabama
Posts: 2,261

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetpee_1993 View Post
Tom, when we took our little Riley Belle I took several blankets (she has half dozen or so ) from home that had the "home" smell. I thought I'd need to be rotating them out during the week for fresh ones but never needed to. Hers stayed perfectly clean & unstinky. Even if you get the premium bed maybe having the blanket with the smell of home will make it a little more comfy for Foster. I didn't set Riley's stuff up for her but when we went for our first visit we found that the staff had spread her blanky over the big bed in her villa. I thought that was so sweet.

As for paying for the premium bed vs. purchasing one to bring, we bought Riley a little cheapy donut-shaped bed at Ross for like $10 or $15. The cover is removable/washable. Since our November trip to Best Friends/WDW she gets to use this bed for visits to my mom's house. I just leave this bed there so whenever I travel to visit my folks it's one less thing to pack. Riley already has a great big doggy bed at home PLUS she sleeps on my bed against my legs at night. One could say that little princess has a king-size Tempurpedic, too. Wow! We really do spoil her, huh???
They did the same thing with Rascal's blanket! They would always spread it out over his little bed. They are really sweet there! Sounds like Riley and my boys are spoiled to the max! haha!
__________________

TAKING FUR KIDS TO WDW? CHECK MY BEST FRIENDS PET CARE RESORT FAQ THREAD!http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2552159
BamaTigger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2011, 02:17 PM   #157
TomWolf
Earning My Ears
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Atlanta, GA.
Posts: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetpee_1993 View Post
Tom, when we took our little Riley Belle I took several blankets (she has half dozen or so ) from home that had the "home" smell.

As for paying for the premium bed vs. purchasing one to bring, we bought Riley a little cheapy donut-shaped bed at Ross for like $10 or $15.
I got him a blanket to bring, and I'm getting him used to having one all this week. As far as getting him a bed... he's kinda big, so the cheapest bed I'd be able to get him would be about $50. So... I'm going to check out the regular bed... and if that won't work for him... I'll opt for the Premium.
TomWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2011, 03:50 PM   #158
sweetpee_1993
DIS Veteran
 
sweetpee_1993's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 1,634

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomWolf View Post
I got him a blanket to bring, and I'm getting him used to having one all this week. As far as getting him a bed... he's kinda big, so the cheapest bed I'd be able to get him would be about $50. So... I'm going to check out the regular bed... and if that won't work for him... I'll opt for the Premium.
I don't think you'll need a premium bed. I know it's kinda hard to see in this picture but both my teenage sons & I were sitting on Riley's standard bed in her villa with plenty of room to spare. We could've fit another adult easily if we sat closer.



Riley is a 10 lb. toy schnauzer and I bet you could fit 15 or 20 of her on that bed. LOL! It's pretty big. We had to walk past a lot of other villas to get to Riley's and I saw other big dogs on the beds. In one villa there was a pair of labs or maybe one of them was a golden. Either way, they're what I would call sizeable dogs and there were 2 of them curled up together on the same size bed as what our dog had. My step-sister has a great dane and boy, is he ever great. I think he could pass as a thoroughbred, actually. Anywhoo, I think he could probably make himself comfy on that bed but he'd have his legs hanging off if he spread out too much. I think they probably have bigger beds that they use for all the dogs. We didn't pay for a premium and they gave our little pooch that giganto thing. I bet they don't have really little beds. By only having the bigger ones they can cover all their bases from little dogs on up to the bigger varieties.

Great that you got your Foster a blanket. I totally love Ross for buying super-cheap biiiiig blankets for Riley. When she was a pup we bought her baby blankets which we still use only for her medium-size kennel at home. Her preferred blankets are her twin-size-people-bed ones that I picked up for no more than $10/each. She looooves 'em, too. When I wash them she will follow me from the dryer in the laundry room out to the living room, wait patiently for me to fold it, and as soon as I lay it down (on the floor or the sofa) she's parked on it. Such a little princess!
__________________
Disney Adventures: 1/04 POP, 1/05 POP, 2/06 POP, 1/07 POP, 12/07 CR, 5/08 POFQ sans kids, 1/09 CR, 5/09 Poly w/o the family, 1/10 AKL, 11/10 POFQ, 9/11 WL+DCL Dream+YC, 5/12 DCL Magic, 9/12 DCL Dream sans kids, 1/13 DCL Magic, 5/13 DCL Fantasy, 9/13 DCL Dream w/friends, 9/13 DCL Fantasy sans kids, 4/14 DLH/Disneyland

Other Adventures:
11/13 RCI Allure of the Seas

Future Adventures:
9/14 DCL Dream w/friends
9/14 Disneyland sans kids
5/15 DCL Wonder WBPC
11/15 DCL Wonder
sweetpee_1993 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2011, 09:26 AM   #159
BamaTigger
ANNUAL PASSHOLDER! 6 HOURS FROM DISNEY! 28th TRIP AND COUNTING!!!!
 
BamaTigger's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Southeast Alabama
Posts: 2,261

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomWolf View Post
I got him a blanket to bring, and I'm getting him used to having one all this week. As far as getting him a bed... he's kinda big, so the cheapest bed I'd be able to get him would be about $50. So... I'm going to check out the regular bed... and if that won't work for him... I'll opt for the Premium.
Im sure he will appreciate the blanket and the smell from home!. Im betting the regular bed will be big enough! Im sure they have plenty to choose from!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetpee_1993 View Post
I don't think you'll need a premium bed. I know it's kinda hard to see in this picture but both my teenage sons & I were sitting on Riley's standard bed in her villa with plenty of room to spare. We could've fit another adult easily if we sat closer.



Riley is a 10 lb. toy schnauzer and I bet you could fit 15 or 20 of her on that bed. LOL! It's pretty big. We had to walk past a lot of other villas to get to Riley's and I saw other big dogs on the beds. In one villa there was a pair of labs or maybe one of them was a golden. Either way, they're what I would call sizeable dogs and there were 2 of them curled up together on the same size bed as what our dog had. My step-sister has a great dane and boy, is he ever great. I think he could pass as a thoroughbred, actually. Anywhoo, I think he could probably make himself comfy on that bed but he'd have his legs hanging off if he spread out too much. I think they probably have bigger beds that they use for all the dogs. We didn't pay for a premium and they gave our little pooch that giganto thing. I bet they don't have really little beds. By only having the bigger ones they can cover all their bases from little dogs on up to the bigger varieties.

Great that you got your Foster a blanket. I totally love Ross for buying super-cheap biiiiig blankets for Riley. When she was a pup we bought her baby blankets which we still use only for her medium-size kennel at home. Her preferred blankets are her twin-size-people-bed ones that I picked up for no more than $10/each. She looooves 'em, too. When I wash them she will follow me from the dryer in the laundry room out to the living room, wait patiently for me to fold it, and as soon as I lay it down (on the floor or the sofa) she's parked on it. Such a little princess!
Riley is such a diva! I love it!!!!
__________________

TAKING FUR KIDS TO WDW? CHECK MY BEST FRIENDS PET CARE RESORT FAQ THREAD!http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2552159
BamaTigger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2011, 08:01 AM   #160
athenna
DIS Veteran

I've been waiting a long time for a new, really, cool tag..., but I was hit by a drive by tagging instead!
 
athenna's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: On board w/Captain Turner
Posts: 5,463

I'm sure this is off topic, but I need some advice.
My fiance and I adopted a puppy Long ago we booked a 9 day trip to WDW in Oct...We are looking for the best, but most economical way to board the dog. She can't be on plane w/us, she's already 30lbs now. We don't want to put her in cargo, rent a car, etc.
My friend has recommended our local PetSmart hotel..She'll end up being boarded for 11 days...That's going to be one heck of a bill Since there is no one else that can take care while we are gone, do we have any other alternative


TIA
__________________

I got engaged 1/24/10 in Epcot
athenna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2011, 11:10 AM   #161
BamaTigger
ANNUAL PASSHOLDER! 6 HOURS FROM DISNEY! 28th TRIP AND COUNTING!!!!
 
BamaTigger's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Southeast Alabama
Posts: 2,261

Quote:
Originally Posted by athenna View Post
I'm sure this is off topic, but I need some advice.
My fiance and I adopted a puppy Long ago we booked a 9 day trip to WDW in Oct...We are looking for the best, but most economical way to board the dog. She can't be on plane w/us, she's already 30lbs now. We don't want to put her in cargo, rent a car, etc.
My friend has recommended our local PetSmart hotel..She'll end up being boarded for 11 days...That's going to be one heck of a bill Since there is no one else that can take care while we are gone, do we have any other alternative


TIA
Well, congrats first of all on your new puppy!!! I hope she is bringing you tons of joy!

It sounds like you are in a pickle! Is there anyone you can ask (and pay) to come and stay at your house with your dog? If not, then it seems like the PetSmart boarding will be the only option! Maybe you can talk them into a discount since its so many days! I hope you find a solution that is good on your wallet and in the best interest of your dog! Keep us posted!
__________________

TAKING FUR KIDS TO WDW? CHECK MY BEST FRIENDS PET CARE RESORT FAQ THREAD!http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2552159
BamaTigger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2011, 01:37 PM   #162
cherylp3
Florida Resident
 
Join Date: Jul 2000
Location: Davenport, FL (Orlando Area)
Posts: 4,738

where do you live? My local boarding is $17.50 a day.
__________________
Dreams DO come true!!
Booked on 2008 Member cruise!!

DVC Member Cruise 2003 - 2005 - 2006 - 2007
cherylp3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2011, 07:52 AM   #163
BamaTigger
ANNUAL PASSHOLDER! 6 HOURS FROM DISNEY! 28th TRIP AND COUNTING!!!!
 
BamaTigger's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Southeast Alabama
Posts: 2,261

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherylp3 View Post
where do you live? My local boarding is $17.50 a day.
I dont know where athena lives, but I think our "boarding" is like 25.00 a day. And all that is is a cage in our local vets office with one walk per day. Pitiful. Thats why I DO NOT BOARD in our town! Thats why I take mine with me or either pay my sister to sit.
__________________

TAKING FUR KIDS TO WDW? CHECK MY BEST FRIENDS PET CARE RESORT FAQ THREAD!http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2552159
BamaTigger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2011, 09:02 AM   #164
athenna
DIS Veteran

I've been waiting a long time for a new, really, cool tag..., but I was hit by a drive by tagging instead!
 
athenna's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: On board w/Captain Turner
Posts: 5,463

Quote:
Originally Posted by BamaTigger View Post
Well, congrats first of all on your new puppy!!! I hope she is bringing you tons of joy!

It sounds like you are in a pickle! Is there anyone you can ask (and pay) to come and stay at your house with your dog? If not, then it seems like the PetSmart boarding will be the only option! Maybe you can talk them into a discount since its so many days! I hope you find a solution that is good on your wallet and in the best interest of your dog! Keep us posted!
Thanks, yes, she is bringing us tons of joy, we just adore her
There really isn't anyone that can come and stay @ the house...Everyone works all day w/the exception of a good friend of mine, who alas has 3 dogs of her own, thats the only reason she can't do it.
I did think that maybe I could ask PetSmart for a discount...I'll cross my fingers on that...How much in advance should I start calling them with my questions?

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherylp3 View Post
where do you live? My local boarding is $17.50 a day.
I live just North of Boston, everything is expensive here...if our boarding was $17.50, I'd be scared of what it would be, lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BamaTigger View Post
I dont know where athena lives, but I think our "boarding" is like 25.00 a day. And all that is is a cage in our local vets office with one walk per day. Pitiful. Thats why I DO NOT BOARD in our town! Thats why I take mine with me or either pay my sister to sit.
Yikes! Yeah, that wouldn't be a good situation for us either.

I'll keep you all posted, if there is any more advice that can be given to me, it is much appreciated
__________________

I got engaged 1/24/10 in Epcot
athenna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2011, 09:27 PM   #165
cherylp3
Florida Resident
 
Join Date: Jul 2000
Location: Davenport, FL (Orlando Area)
Posts: 4,738

which way North? I lived near lowell MA. Also regarding what I pay, the staff is great and my dog gets an indoor/outdoor run.
__________________
Dreams DO come true!!
Booked on 2008 Member cruise!!

DVC Member Cruise 2003 - 2005 - 2006 - 2007
cherylp3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:00 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: