Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-27-2011, 04:50 PM   #136
lenshanem

DIS Veteran / DVC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaysmommie View Post
Hi again. I was just catching up on this thread. I booked a villa suite for our Pug for August 1-8 and we are staying at the Poly. Unfortunately the VIP suites were booked up. Glad to know Poly is only 10 minutes away so we can check on her each day. I'm a bit scared about her being outside in Florida heat for more than 5 minutes a few times a day. Pugs can't tolerate heat. I remember in your first post you thought it was kind of warm in the kennel. I'm hoping someone can tell me if the A/C is working better these days. Just worried about my baby overheating being a flat faced breed.
This was why I was looking at the indoor kennel as opposed to the indoor/outdoor kennel. It says on the website during the summer they shut off the outside part to the indoor/outdoor kennel and only open it a few times due to the heat. In that case, the indoor kennel would be a larger accommodation for them! Plus, they get walked more in the indoor kennel.
Old 04-27-2011, 05:23 PM   #137
Yardbird
Picks up a variety of nuts every few weeks
I have one in the center of my right hand
butter or nothing for me!

After comparing the numbers, I called to upgrade from a villa to a VIP suite; I spoke with Kristin. I told her that a villa plus stay and play, was more than the cost of the suite, which includes two 30 minute play groups a day.

She said that if we forgo the 30 minute play group that comes with booking the villa, add the four, hour stay and play, it is an additional 11.00 a day, instead of 22.00. That explains the 11.00 charge for stay and play on our last trip.
Yardbird is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-28-2011, 11:04 AM   #138
BamaTigger
ANNUAL PASSHOLDER! 6 HOURS FROM DISNEY! 28th TRIP AND COUNTING!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yardbird View Post
After comparing the numbers, I called to upgrade from a villa to a VIP suite; I spoke with Kristin. I told her that a villa plus stay and play, was more than the cost of the suite, which includes two 30 minute play groups a day.

She said that if we forgo the 30 minute play group that comes with booking the villa, add the four, hour stay and play, it is an additional 11.00 a day, instead of 22.00. That explains the 11.00 charge for stay and play on our last trip.
Thats great info yardbird! Thank you!!!!

TAKING FUR KIDS TO WDW? CHECK MY BEST FRIENDS PET CARE RESORT FAQ THREAD!http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2552159
BamaTigger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2011, 11:29 AM   #139
Feralpeg
Diet coke lover
Can now visit the parks anytime
My DD, the movie star
Sean Bean...is he related to Mr. Bean?

I toured Best Friends last Monday. It is incredible. I watched a group of pups having a play date, they were having a blast! So cute!

While I was there, the kennels with the flat screens were showing "Snow Buddies". It was really cute seeing some of the pups watching the dogs on the tvs.

I loved the place!
Old 04-28-2011, 03:06 PM   #140
BamaTigger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feralpeg View Post
I toured Best Friends last Monday. It is incredible. I watched a group of pups having a play date, they were having a blast! So cute!

While I was there, the kennels with the flat screens were showing "Snow Buddies". It was really cute seeing some of the pups watching the dogs on the tvs.

I loved the place!
Its wonderful there isnt it?? My boys really loved the flat screen TV...it gave them noise and company while I wasnt there with them!

Thanks for the post!!!

TAKING FUR KIDS TO WDW? CHECK MY BEST FRIENDS PET CARE RESORT FAQ THREAD!http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2552159
Old 04-29-2011, 10:29 AM   #141
cherylp3
Florida Resident

Just a note: there are some road closures this month due to Ironman competitions, please check the best friends wdw webpage for details.

DVC Member Cruise 2003 - 2005 - 2006 - 2007
cherylp3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2011, 12:02 PM   #142
BamaTigger

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherylp3 View Post
Just a note: there are some road closures this month due to Ironman competitions, please check the best friends wdw webpage for details.
Thank you cherylp3!

Here is whats on the website :

May 8 and 15 Race Day Advisories!Planning to visit us on either May 8th or May 15th? Please be aware the section of Bonnet Creek Parkway in front of our building will be closed from 6 am until 10 am for the Danskin Triathlon on the 8th and the Ironman Triathlon on the 15th and you will not be able to drive to our building.

For guests who need to drop off or pick up a pet during race hours, we will be providing a special “shuttle” service from the parking lot of the Port Orleans Riverside Resort. Please follow the signs to our tented area in the Port Orleans parking lot where our staff will assist you.

If possible, you may want to postpone your visit that morning until after the race, when you will be able to drive directly into our parking lot as usual.

We appreciate your patience as we do our best to accommodate you and your pets without interfering with the races.

And, we wish good luck to all the race participants!

Old 05-09-2011, 01:08 PM   #143
dwtraveler
Livin' my Golden 'Ears

I am not going to get into the specifics of cost or anything like that, but just want to say that yesterday was our first experience with this pet center and we were very happy! Our sable cocker is 5 months old and has never been left before. We were very nervous when we dropped him off but the whole check in process was great. We met at least 5 people who were so friendly. The facility was clean and Snickers, who usually cries when not in sight of us, didn't even look back as he was lead out of the room.

When we picked him up 6 hours later, we couldn't wait any longer, he was joyful and energetic. We were told he had, well, done his business and eaten all of his food. We went out to the play area for a few minutes where he jumped in the fountain some and relieved himself again before getting into the car where he lay down and fell asleep. He had had an eventful day with new experiences but was comfortable. Last night, he was his usual self, eating right on schedule and enjoying his walks. Went to bed as usual and even slept late, yeah!

We have no qualms about his stay tomorrow and the next week as we enjoy all of our vacation plans that even include a little outlet shopping. As annual pass holders we enjoy the slight discount but feel the price is fine for what we are getting in return, a well taken care of pet. We have had a positive experience and are looking forward to more good days!
dwtraveler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2011, 02:21 PM   #144
PrincessSuzanne
Guess I will be eating crow tonight
Good thing I can be quiet when necessary

Does anybody have any information on the Pocket Pet area? We have a 4.3lb rabbit we are considering taking with us in Dec, I'm just not sure about leaving her for a week. My cousin or a friend will care for our cats and dog and that is fine, they love my cousin, but she doesn't know how to care for Mable.

Mable is used to a 6ft x 2ft multilevel apartment of her own, with a large hay box and litter pan blanket and toys. I don' t think she would like to be confined for 8 days. The prices at BF compare to that of a local place we have used before for our other rabbits.

I just don't know what to do.

Suzanne
Old 05-09-2011, 03:25 PM   #145
BamaTigger

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwtraveler View Post
I am not going to get into the specifics of cost or anything like that, but just want to say that yesterday was our first experience with this pet center and we were very happy! Our sable cocker is 5 months old and has never been left before. We were very nervous when we dropped him off but the whole check in process was great. We met at least 5 people who were so friendly. The facility was clean and Snickers, who usually cries when not in sight of us, didn't even look back as he was lead out of the room.

When we picked him up 6 hours later, we couldn't wait any longer, he was joyful and energetic. We were told he had, well, done his business and eaten all of his food. We went out to the play area for a few minutes where he jumped in the fountain some and relieved himself again before getting into the car where he lay down and fell asleep. He had had an eventful day with new experiences but was comfortable. Last night, he was his usual self, eating right on schedule and enjoying his walks. Went to bed as usual and even slept late, yeah!

We have no qualms about his stay tomorrow and the next week as we enjoy all of our vacation plans that even include a little outlet shopping. As annual pass holders we enjoy the slight discount but feel the price is fine for what we are getting in return, a well taken care of pet. We have had a positive experience and are looking forward to more good days!
That is a GREAT review!!! Im so glad you had a great experience with the resort! Sounds like your little baby had a great time!!!! If you took any pics we would love to see them!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessSuzanne View Post
Does anybody have any information on the Pocket Pet area? We have a 4.3lb rabbit we are considering taking with us in Dec, I'm just not sure about leaving her for a week. My cousin or a friend will care for our cats and dog and that is fine, they love my cousin, but she doesn't know how to care for Mable.

Mable is used to a 6ft x 2ft multilevel apartment of her own, with a large hay box and litter pan blanket and toys. I don' t think she would like to be confined for 8 days. The prices at BF compare to that of a local place we have used before for our other rabbits.

I just don't know what to do.

Suzanne
Hello PrincessSuzanne! Nice to see you again! I have a link to just a few pics of the pocket pets page on Facebook...

http://www.facebook.com/#!/media/set...39930586023383

On the official website, it says this of pocket pets...."We strive to care for many types of family pets…within reason of course! Our facility provides a safe little haven for “pocket pets” such as hamsters, guinea pigs, rabbits and ferrets. Pet parents must provide their own housing/cage and all supplies (food, bowls, litter, etc.) for their pocket pet.

So, im assuming that you will have to take Mable's own crate! So It really depends on what you want to do, if you have to take her own crate, then that would be ideal so she wouldnt be out of her element. I dont know what your local kennel requires, so you may want to check with them. The most important thing is, is to do what would make Mable most comfy!

Old 05-11-2011, 12:20 PM   #146
dwtraveler
Livin' my Golden 'Ears

Just thought I'd report another good day for Snickers yesterday. It was another half day and he again had a good time. Ran into the building ready for fun and went off without looking back. This is so much better than the crying fits into the vets! Tomorrow will be his first full day and we are having him groomed as well so I will post how that goes afterwards. We are a little picky about his grooming since he gets a show cut instead of a regular cocker cut but after talking to the groomer there, we have high hopes and I know he will enjoy the extra attention to help break up the day.
dwtraveler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2011, 12:39 PM   #147
PrincessSuzanne
Guess I will be eating crow tonight
Good thing I can be quiet when necessary

Quote:
Originally Posted by BamaTigger View Post
That is a GREAT review!!! Im so glad you had a great experience with the resort! Sounds like your little baby had a great time!!!! If you took any pics we would love to see them!

Hello PrincessSuzanne! Nice to see you again! I have a link to just a few pics of the pocket pets page on Facebook...

http://www.facebook.com/#!/media/set...39930586023383

On the official website, it says this of pocket pets...."We strive to care for many types of family pets…within reason of course! Our facility provides a safe little haven for “pocket pets” such as hamsters, guinea pigs, rabbits and ferrets. Pet parents must provide their own housing/cage and all supplies (food, bowls, litter, etc.) for their pocket pet.

So, im assuming that you will have to take Mable's own crate! So It really depends on what you want to do, if you have to take her own crate, then that would be ideal so she wouldnt be out of her element. I dont know what your local kennel requires, so you may want to check with them. The most important thing is, is to do what would make Mable most comfy!

Unfortunately , I won't be able to take her house with me, it is 6ft long x 2ft wide and wouldn't fit in our mini van, if we wanted it to. I think she would be too closed in in the large crate we take her to the vet in, she is never in it more than a few hours at a time, since we have to go to Birmingham to her vet. There aren't any places I have found around here that will board a rabbit. I don't know what I will do, maybe give my cousin some training, I mean all she would really need for those few days is food added to her bowl and her daily vegetables and hay added to her hay box.

I still have plenty of time. I think I am more worried about the 6 hour drive stressing her out, then having to be cooped up for 7 days and then another 6 hour drive home. IDK.

Suzanne
Old 05-11-2011, 03:08 PM   #148
BamaTigger

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwtraveler View Post
Just thought I'd report another good day for Snickers yesterday. It was another half day and he again had a good time. Ran into the building ready for fun and went off without looking back. This is so much better than the crying fits into the vets! Tomorrow will be his first full day and we are having him groomed as well so I will post how that goes afterwards. We are a little picky about his grooming since he gets a show cut instead of a regular cocker cut but after talking to the groomer there, we have high hopes and I know he will enjoy the extra attention to help break up the day.
Thats great to hear! Im so happy Snickers (cute name BTW!!) is having a good time and that is less stress on you as well! Would love to see pics if you have any and please keep us updated on the grooming!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessSuzanne View Post
Unfortunately , I won't be able to take her house with me, it is 6ft long x 2ft wide and wouldn't fit in our mini van, if we wanted it to. I think she would be too closed in in the large crate we take her to the vet in, she is never in it more than a few hours at a time, since we have to go to Birmingham to her vet. There aren't any places I have found around here that will board a rabbit. I don't know what I will do, maybe give my cousin some training, I mean all she would really need for those few days is food added to her bowl and her daily vegetables and hay added to her hay box.

I still have plenty of time. I think I am more worried about the 6 hour drive stressing her out, then having to be cooped up for 7 days and then another 6 hour drive home. IDK.

Suzanne
Suzanne, I think it might be best to just teach your cousin some Rabbit sitting! I too think the stress of the drive and then the couped up environment might be too much for a bunny! And if your bunny is stressed, then you will be too, so maybe a stay at home for the bunny may be best! Let us know what you decide!

Old 05-16-2011, 04:08 PM   #149
TomWolf
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yardbird View Post
I sent them an email from work today asking if that option was possible for Foster. (I'm still on a tight budget, but he's a very social dog). So hopefully they can do it. I'm heading down there with him next week. Filming the whole trip.
TomWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2011, 05:06 PM   #150
kaysmommie
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomWolf View Post
I sent them an email from work today asking if that option was possible for Foster. (I'm still on a tight budget, but he's a very social dog). So hopefully they can do it. I'm heading down there with him next week. Filming the whole trip.
Great . Will you post a review when you get back? I'm also hoping someone can comment on how well the A/C works there. My Pug can't get too warm. She is booked for a villa in July, waitlisted for a VIP suite.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: