Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-11-2014, 07:01 PM   #1
indylaw99
Disney-loving Mom!

BWV: Help Me Make It a Trip to Remember!

My nieces and nephews have never been to Disney (ages 2, 4, 8, and 11). We got them 2 nights at BWV in June. So they will be there from noon Monday through noon on Wednesday. All day Tuesday will be spent in MK. We have ressies for Rainforest Cafe DTD Monday evening and Cape May character breakfast Wed morning.

What should I do to make it a really special trip for the kids? I was thinking swimming in the Luna Pool, lunch, and playing on the playground when they get there Monday. Then after dinner Monday night going over to Beach Club for the Campfire and Movie on the Beach? (have never done that before)

Is there anything I should be looking for in particular at the resort to do? Activities? Games? Etc.? Is there a place to watch fireworks from either BCV or BWV on Monday night?

We will get to BWV a few days before them so I will have a chance to check on things and make any plans I need to when I get there as well.
indylaw99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2014, 07:35 PM   #2
TowMater92
Mouseketeer

You could take them to Beaches N Cream at the BC and get the kitchen sink (ice cream) its a big bowl that looks like a kitchen sink and they fill it with chocolate, vanilla, strawberry and mint choc. chip and coffee ice cream, every topping they have and a whole can of whip cream it will be enough for everyone. You can change out ice cream if you don't want a certain flavor. You should try to get an ADR though.

Straight from the menu
Kitchen Sink - Scoops of vanilla, chocolate, strawberry, coffee, and mint chocolate chip served with all the toppings in the house and a whole can of whipped cream. Serves four. - $26.99

You could also go play miniature golf at Fantasia Gardens across the street from the Swan/Dolphin. Its an easy walk from the BW.

You can see some fireworks from the Boardwalk or BC beach but a lot of the show is on the water so there will be gaps between the fireworks you can see.

S'mores and a movie on the beach at the BC would be fun too. You could also go to Fort Wilderness Campground and do the same thing but they have characters come out before the movie so you could get some pictures with characters without being in the park.
Old 05-11-2014, 08:08 PM   #3
Poohs Pal
DIS Veteran
Beautiful and smart so she says

I had my niece's two 8 year old girls on our trip last November. They did the pool games and had a blast. Latter we went to the Marshmallow Roast right at the Boardwalk. We didn't watch the movie afterwards because they were not interested in the Fox and the Hound. Instead we grabbed a pizza and then watched the boardwalk performers. After that we sat on the boardwalk and watched the Fireworks. Once they were home that was the one day they talked about the most besides the dinner and a movie at DTD..
Poohs Pal is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: