Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Weddings and Honeymoons
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-09-2011, 12:08 PM   #1
eveshepherd
Future Disneyworld Bride 2012

DFTW Wedding Planner

I saw a thread about other planners in a later posting, but never saw my planner's name mentioned. Anyone else have or have had Michelle Wenzler-Dorr? Her assistant is Christina Jacoby and both so far have been great to work with. Both are very prompt and attentive to responses thus far. Anyone else interacting with either of them and want to offer feedback?

Eve and Phil's Wedding PJ 05/18/2012
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2754539
eveshepherd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2011, 03:27 PM   #2
mickin
Starlight, Starbright, first star I see tonight

We have Christina as our assistant...carol mikles is our main planner...both have been great so far
Me Jay 25 DB Tracie 24 Luna First trip 1989, 1991-1995 All stars, Dixie Landing, 1996 DVC members at OKW, 1997-2008 All DVC resorts, Coranado, POP, 2009-2010 at least once a month, 2010 vinylmation obsession starts, May 2011 first stay at Bay Lake. Wedding set for Jan 6th at WP/ADH Our PJ

mickin is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-10-2011, 07:46 AM   #3
pinkfairy1684
Mouseketeer

Michelle is our planner and she is absolutely FANTASTIC! We haven't had our wedding yet (that will happen in October), but she has been such a wonderful person to work with so far. She is always prompt in returning my emails, and I really feel like she "gets me". You are lucky to have her!!!
pinkfairy1684 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2011, 12:38 PM   #4
eveshepherd
Future Disneyworld Bride 2012

This is great news, thank you! Yes, so far, both have been great to work with. I'm very excited about planning this big event.

Eve and Phil's Wedding PJ 05/18/2012
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2754539
eveshepherd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2011, 11:18 PM   #5
Lisacope
DIS Veteran

Michelle was my planner for my VR - she did a fantastic job and patiently answered every question I had - she was with me 100% of the way at my event and went above and beyond! I would be thrilled if I were you.
Lisacope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2011, 06:36 AM   #6
DVC Bride 2011
Mouseketeer

Michelle was our planner and I wholeheartedly believe she the biggest reason why our wedding day was so fantastic. I miss talking to her multiple times a week! She is very good at her job and at making you feel like your day is her biggest priority even though you know she's got a bajillion other weddings she's planning. We went into our wedding with a budget and she was really attentive to that. She had great ideas that helped us save money here and there, and she really wanted to make our wedding day feel as special as the ones where people drop a lot of money.

The day of the rehearsal and wedding, it felt like we had an old friend directing everything. Michelle knew our wedding inside and out, so there were no problems at all. She was very friendly with our guests and did a great job of being there but not being there, if you know what I mean. I was actually really sad to say goodbye to her on our wedding day! I absolutely loved working with her to plan the most important day of our lives. You are in excellent hands!
DVC Bride 2011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2011, 01:31 PM   #7
GreenDisneyBride
Mouseketeer

I have michelle too and she has been absolutely wonderful. We still have 9 1/2 months until our April 21, 2012 wedding but she has answered everything as if the wedding was next month.

Rebekah and Stephen
Wedding Date 4/21/2012 at Disney

GreenDisneyBride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2011, 09:25 AM   #8
Ash8716
Disney Maniac

I also saw a planners post but did not see mine. Anyone have Pamela Mattack?
Old 07-14-2011, 02:32 PM   #9
ckpoodge
Mouseketeer

Count your blessings!

You got a great wedding planner.

We had Michelle for our wedding on June 3, and all I can say is that she is amazing.

We had a series of errors with things beyond our control (tuxedos, groom's cake, running out of time) and she helped us so much, she definitely went above and beyond.

We were seriously behind schedule and Michelle helped the groom by assembling our welcome backpacks.

We also had a problem with the groom's cake. It was supposed to be delivered to our rehearsal. Of course I forgot about it, being in such a rush. Michelle fixed that as well.

And the finale of it all - the tuxedos we got from Men's Warehouse were completely mixed up. Michelle ended up going to the Winter Garden store to try to get things fixed.

That's just the things she handled for the wedding. For the planning session, she talked us out of getting things that we ended up not even missing. This saved us a LOT of money, and we definitely appreciated it, since we had to pay for everything ourselves.

Definitely count your blessings! She is great.

We were married at the Happiest Place On Earth!
ckpoodge is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: