Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Weddings and Honeymoons
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-14-2011, 02:19 PM   #1
DisneySarah80
DIS Veteran

A friends getting married at the GF Wedding Pavilion...

A friend of mine is getting married at the GF Wedding Pavilion (also staying at the GF) and I'm wondering if you guys have any ideas on something I can send them / have Disney do for them on their stay that #1 isn't to expencive and #2 would be nice for their wedding. I am not going, but a few of us would like to send something to let her know we are thinking about her.

TIA
DisneySarah80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2011, 09:22 PM   #2
sambycat
DIS Veteran

well, firstly, disney would offer some options like gift baskets or flowers or sending wine or something to their room - i assume as long as you know where they are staying and when. as far as contributing towards "doing something" for them or the wedding, you could send a gift card (or perhaps get one incorporated to a gift basket type situation) or possibly contribute to their disney honeymoon registry, which they most likely would have if they are getting married at WDW. whatever you might pick on the registry really boils down to a "gift card" credit in that amount, so really they could apply those funds to anything. i think the tricky part in "doing something for them" is schedulaing - unless you know 100% what their plans are every day, i think a wedding trip is just ind of tough to spring something on them - even something lovely like a dinner reservation or tickets to something etc... this is a trip where i am betting every minute is completely planned!!

you can try looking them up on this website to see if they have a disney registry - this site is NOTORIOUSLY buggy though so even if they dont come up, they could still have one!!

if you have 8,000,000 spare dollars, i bet you could call DFTW directly and secretly pay for their wedding! haha! they would love that!!! but on a slightly more affordable note, you might also like to get them something like this when they return home!

happy shopping!

sambycat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2011, 09:54 PM   #3
Mindyjoy
DIS Veteran

It's probably included in the link that Sambycat posted, but when we went on the Disney cruise our friends surprised us with a bottle of champagne and chocolates for our engagement. It was waiting in our room and we felt it was a really nice gift! I'm sure if you know just their name, wedding date, and hotel, you can call the hotel and they can help you arrange something.
Mindyjoy is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: