Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-08-2010, 10:15 AM   #1
exwdwcm
wishes she was Wendy Moira Angela Darling

The Pregnant, Half Blind and Sick take on DL in September

So it is an odd group right? But we have a sense of humor to say the least. This is the first trip back to disneyland for most of us in over 25 years!!! We are WDW vets and just were in WDW at the Wilderness Lodge in December for 10 days (14 of us!).

WHEN: Friday, September 10th to Monday, September 13th
WHERE: Disneyland! Staying off site at Residence Inn Maingate (one bedroom suite)

Table of ContentsWe have 4 day park hoppers, WOC dining package, Walk in Walt's Footsteps tour and more. We are flying into LAX and renting a car. Our flight departs DFW at 6am and arrives LAX at 7:30am. Our return is on Monday at 4:10pm- arriving home about 9ish.

This trip started because Wendy and I wanted to check out the D23 expo. We missed it last year and assumed they would have another this September. So we started talking about going. Then it turned into my sister Mandy, mom and Nancy wanting to go. Then we learned of course that D23 will be every other year. We were disappointed, but decide, what the heck, let's just go anyway and have a girls getaway and celebrate my birthday. So now it is a girls trip, sans husbands and kiddos. We are so excited to enjoy shopping without a toddler tugging on my shirt or kicking over displays. Excited to not have to stop and change my son's diaper every few hours. As much as we love sharing the magic with the kids, it is nice to get away on your own every once in a while too. Plus, DH and I are taking our son (2.5) in early December (see other PTR link in my sig), so not like he is missing out completely!

Here is our cast:

Mom- just turned 60. Had major brain surgery last year, lost most of her vision due to the brain tumor (benign) and can no longer drive. She uses a cane to walk sometimes and has zero peripheral vision (don't walk up from behind/beside her, she can't see you!). She is retired, mom of 3 girls and wonderful, considerate and giving!!

Nancy- mom's cousin- our cousin. She is mom's age and best friend (their mom's were sisters, both since passed) works for the school district, single, but mom to lots of pets! She sort of is our 'second mom'.

Me- oldest sister, turning 37 on 9/10! mom of one toddler, marketing manager and WDW ex cast member (college program in 1996). Just bought DVC last year (we call BLT home!). Huge disney nut!

Wendy- middle sister, huge disney nut as well- paralegal, mom of 2. she is the fun, loud, comedian in the family, always making us laugh. She talks a LOT! lol

Mandy- the baby sister- so-so disney, not super crazy about it, but enjoys it. special ed teacher, about 25 weeks pregnant with her first child (will be sitting out some rides). She is the fashionista of the family, always with the hippest clothes and decor.

So that is our gang......a preggo, a cancer survivor, an almost blind woman, a comedian and me, a red light running, neat freak. Should be interesting to say the least.

here's one of mom and us girls and then one of Nancy too! she is rarely in the pictures, she is always the one taking them.

Nancy and her nephew at WDW in Dec

WDW College Program-Fall 96
84, 86-FTW, 93-FTW, 97, 98-OFFSITE, 00-POR, 03, 04, 05-GAYLORD, 04-POFQ, 05-POR, 06-CBR, 07-AKL, May 09-DIS Podcast Cruise, DEC 09-DAP/WL, Sept 10-DL, DEC 10 BLT, FEB 10 JOINED DVC! AUG 11 DLH, OCT 11 BLT, NOV 2012 BLT

Last edited by exwdwcm; 10-06-2010 at 01:17 PM.
exwdwcm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2010, 10:21 AM   #2
exwdwcm

Being the commando that I am, we do have an itinerary. Planning is half the fun for us. My mom and Wendy really enjoy that part too. So I have put together a 'schedule' for us, but it is flexible and just a good starting point.

This trip we plan to go with the flow and relax, not rushing from ride to ride. We want to explore the little nooks and crannies and take in all the details of the park. Sit and just people watch. Shop. This is the kind of trip we are planning. NOT commando. Let's see how well i do with that. BUT we are sort of forced to take it easy.....with mom's vision issues (and tiring easily) and Nancy tiring easily plus Mandy being 6 months preggo, we just need to watch it and go at a slower pace. It might mean finding a place to grab a water and just sit for awhile every hour or so. But that's fine.

We anticipate maybe even needing a wheelchair for mother at some point if she gets frustrated with walking with her cane. She usually has a stroller to push, which makes it a little easier- at least people sort of move out of the way with a stroller coming at them. Without her white cane, people don't know she has a vision issue and she might run right into someone (and often does). She has trouble with perception too- and curbs or inclines etc. So we might end up getting a chair for her, we will see.

we do have some ADRs as we love to eat. We are also really looking forward to the tour. We've done the Keys to the Kingdom (well mom, Nancy and I) at WDW.

So here are the plans!
Friday, September 10

3am wake up!!!! Rise and shine (you too Nancy!)
3:45am depart home!
4:15am arrive airport
5:50am flight boards
6:20am flight departs dfw
7:30am flight arrives LAX, get rental car, bags
8:15am head to Disneyland (35 miles)
9:15am arrive Anaheim
10am Disney’s California Adventure opens
11:30am lunch at Pilots or pacific wharf café (fast food)
2pm check in hotel, rest (or downtown Disney!)
5:30pm dinner at Steakhouse 55 at DL hotel
7:30pm to Disneyland (open until midnight)
10:30pm Fantasmic
12am park closes

Saturday, September 11

7:30am wake up!
8:30am arrive DL for tour
9am Walk in Walt’s Footsteps Tour
1pm Tour complete- break in room?
3pm downtown Disney shopping
6pm to Disneyland
7pm dinner at Blue Bayou
9pm/10:30pm Fantasmic (if missed before)
12am DL closes

Sunday, September 12

6:45am wake up!
7:45am arrive DL
8am-9am Magic Morning DL
1pm lunch Carnation Cafe
1:30pm DCA afternoon
7:10pm dinner at Ariel’s Grotto for dining package
9:30pm line up for WOC!
10:15pm World of Color

Monday, September 13

8:30am Storyteller’s breakfast at Grand Californian
10am parks open (see whatever we want)
1:15pm head to airport
2:00pm arrive airport, return car
3:40pm flight boards
4:10pm flight departs

84, 86-FTW, 93-FTW, 97, 98-OFFSITE, 00-POR, 03, 04, 05-GAYLORD, 04-POFQ, 05-POR, 06-CBR, 07-AKL, May 09-DIS Podcast Cruise, DEC 09-DAP/WL, Sept 10-DL, DEC 10 BLT, FEB 10 JOINED DVC! AUG 11 DLH, OCT 11 BLT, NOV 2012 BLT
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-08-2010, 04:46 PM   #3
Mich123
Mouseketeer

Looks like a great trip!! Subscribing!

And...HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!
2014 Port Orleans Riverside and Beach Club/2013 Back to Disneyland Grand Californian/2012 Polynesian/2011 Our Second Disney Cruise - Mexican Riviera/2010 Our First Disney Cruise and Disney's Vero Beach...and Our First trip to Disneyland! Grand Californian/2009 Polynesian and Port Orleans Riverside/2008 Disney's Vero Beach/2007 Port Orleans Riverside/2006 Coronado Springs

Mich123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2010, 12:25 PM   #4
exwdwcm

Tighty Whities?

Friday, September 10th- MY BDAY!!! and departure

The day started out like any other……….oh wait, no it didn’t. It was 3am when the first of our group awoke to shower. Definitely not like any other day. Wendy was up first and couldn’t figure out how my shower worked….so she headed upstairs to try that bathroom…..nope, still couldn’t get it working. She finally decided maybe it was user error and mom helped her turn it on. By about 4:30am, we are all up, dressed, showered and semi awake. Not really. Awake that is.

We head out, pack up the car and drive the few blocks to Mandy’s house to pick her up. Should I honk to let her know we are there? I decide against my better judgment and refrain from waking the neighbors. We get Mandy (and baby Brynley tagging along in the belly) packed in and off we go to the airport. Wow, no traffic this early, imagine that. We do hit a detour near the airport and have to go a different way and u-turn back to get around the construction. We finally make it, decide to just park at the terminal instead of parking off site and taking a shuttle (had a bad experience last time with that). We park, unload and try and remember where we are parked for the return ride home! I store mom’s keys safely in my backpack. Last trip, I lost my keys at WL. They are probably there behind the armoire still. Some lucky guest can probably get into my Cadillac now. Go figure. So keys are safe.

We go do the electronic check in at American at the kiosk. While I love this, now so many people do it, that it really isn’t much more convenient since you have to wait in a line to check your bag still. It’s great if you are simply carrying on. So I check us all in together and we get in the bag line. It moves quickly and before we know it, we are off through security. No problems here, we all make it through without a cavity search. I also sit back and thank my lucky stars it was so easy……last trip, was my first time travelling with a toddler (had travelled with an infant before, but toddler is a whole other ballgame- they are mobile!). Anyhow- last time, I had a car seat, stroller, diaper bag, my bags etc and the unruly toddler that wanted to run around everywhere. It was madness. So we go through security and say- yeah no kids! Hopefully there are no screaming kids on the flight. You can only say that when you are travelling sans kids, ya know!
We get through and are starving, we locate the McDonald’s which opens at 5:30am apparently and we wait. A line forms. The first of many we will experience over the next few days, I am sure. Only this one isn’t for singing happy dolls at small world, it is for a greasy hot hash brown and large cup of caffeine! We finally get our breakfast and sit and enjoy- again, sans kiddos! Yeah! Well unless that baby in Mandy’s tummy counts. So far Brynley has been well-behaved, so we won’t count her. Our flight leaves at 6:20am and we board by 6am or so.

Breakfast eaten, bellies full, we proceed to the gate and sit and wait. It doesn’t look too crowded. We finally get to board, group 5 and get seated. It is still dark out. Mother, Wendy and I sit on a row together, me in the middle, mother at the door. Nancy and Mandy sit across the row from us- and have an empty seat. The plane is probably only 2/3 full, if that. The bright lights they have on near the windows (since it is dark out) are bugging mother, so we switch around seats. We all have a good flight and I think everyone sleeps. I have a hard time sleeping on planes, but somehow managed to this time. I think sitting by family helps. I am always nervous on business trips, travelling solo that I will fall asleep and start drooling on my neighbor or something embarrassing. Family doesn’t care if you drool on them. At least most of the time. Our 2.5-3 hour flight arrives on time at 7:30am.

We all get off the plane- at least we are sitting towards the front, so it doesn’t take as long. We exit, ensuring mother doesn’t trip over any of the multiple lips and steps on the way in-you never realize how treacherous that walk can be off the plane until you pay attention. We get off and head to baggage claim. And we wait and wait. And feel the cool breeze outside. Wow, it is cool. Such a change from the 100plus temps in Dallas we’ve been facing all summer. Everyone else is going outside to smoke, we are just going outside to enjoy (and try and avoid the second hand smoke as we attempt to get a breath of fresh cool air!). The bells rings and the bags start coming, but not before we notice a pair of shabby and gross looking tighty whites make the rounds on the conveyor belt. Yuck……..who put those there? Why doesn’t someone pick them up? Gross! I assume they fell out of a bag or something. But come on LAX, pick up the dirty underwear already. I know LA is funky and all, but this is a little much.
So we manage to dodge the dirty tighty whities and get our bags. Off to the car rental shuttle (National) we go- and perfect timing, there is one right outside. We board, tip $5 for the bags and off we go. We unload and head over to the Emerald Aisle and select a nice mini van- similar to the one my parent’s van (which we left at the airport) with the automatic doors. I am the official driver this trip and Mandy is our navigator. Mother obviously can’t drive. Wendy doesn’t know east from west and Nancy, well she is just enjoying. So we get in, get loaded and figure out the controls, adjust the mirrors and all that, everything they teach you in drivers ed, mom was so proud.

Old 09-16-2010, 12:38 PM   #5
exwdwcm

And off we go- navigator, where is the exit? There it is- now onto the mouse! Mandy does a great job navigating and we make it to 5 in no time. We hit a little traffic, but not too much. It was a Friday at 8am by now and we could see the traffic going the other way though- did not look pretty. We follow the signs to Disneyland and sort of loop around the first time- trying to get our bearings and figure out which direction the hotel is. Dallas driving can be tricky, but I definitely notice folks are more aggressive here too. We finally decide to just go to Disneyland, although the original plan was to open DCA at 10am. However, it is like almost 9am and we are already there, so we hit up Disneyland first. We finally find the parking garage and we have mother’s handicap sign on the mirror, so we pay our $15 for parking and get on the first floor of the mickey and friends garage in the handicap area. We unload- have a great spot! And head over to the trams. So far, so good. We enjoy the tram ride and see some cute little Halloween décor out already.
sorry it is blurry, we were moving! Unfortunately this was the only holiday decor we saw all week until the last day when they had out a few more things, but not the full halloween overlay. bummer!

We arrive at the stop and get off and head to the restrooms near guest services- I also stop for my birthday pin! We then head in to Disneyland for the first time in like 25 years! We stop at city hall to get a GAC for my mom in case we need it for shows or anything. We didn’t end up using it once. We decided we were a bit hungry and Nancy really needed to eat something fast! So off we went to find breakfast #2. Wendy had just given her some candy, so Nancy wanted some real food, not just a cinnamon roll or muffin. We finally find they serve breakfast quick service in tomorrowland, so we head that way. We all order a little breakfast platter with eggs, bacon, biscuit and hash browns. Wendy gets the burrito. I do get 10% off with my DVC card! While they eat, I head with our tickets to get a space mtn fastpass, only to find it is down and no FPs available. Ugh. So I get one for Buzz instead and head back to eat. We enjoy a nice breakfast taking in the sights and sounds.

We decide to head over to the Nemo subs first since I know the line gets long later. We wait maybe for 15 minutes or so. Mother stepped out of line for a bit and good thing, she would have never made it down those steep curving stairs onto the dark sub. Plus she can’t see anything in the dark areas either, and most of the ride was in the dark. So we all enjoyed our ride with nemo, very cute! I do miss the subs at WDW. After the subs, we hit up the shops! There is a big one in Tomorrowland there and we shopped for a while. I think we all bought something and left it there to pick up later. I got a cute hat, a star wars t-shirt for my son, some collector’s packs of the little statues and something else. We loved some little Halloween votives they had there too (and ended up buying later on).

Since our original plan was to go to DCA first, we decided after Nemo and shopping that we should head over, since it opened at 10am. I think it was nearing 11am when we got over that way. I did love how close the parks were, just a quick walk over. Definitely not like park hopping at the world which involves a boat, a tram, a walk, a monorail and maybe a piggy back ride. We took some pics outside, including Nancy in front of the N. We made it in and decided we wanted some ice cream (do you see a theme here with all the eating??).

We stopped off to the right and grabbed some and had a seat. Nancy decided to stay there while we went to check out the line for Soarin. It was only 15-20 minutes, so we called her and all got in line. It was her first time on it. She somehow missed it at the world on all our prior trips. She loved it!!! We came back down to earth, pine fresh scent in our noses and we decided to shop some. We hit a few stores, got a few pics and then headed off back to the tram, then to the garage to get the car. We realized we were a bit thirsty, so we actually stopped at a burger king on the way to find the hotel. We pull in, order a few drinks and some fries for the baby! Cravings, you know. As we are trying to order, there are loud sirens going off, the poor lady could barely hear our order. Little did we know we would pull around the drive through, ready to exit, only to be blocked in by a huge fire truck. Yep, huge fire truck and ambulance right there, blocking the drive through completely.

We see them rush over to some lady sitting on the side of the drive through near the street. We can’t make out much other than she looks like she is totally high on something. We sit there for probably 10 minutes, completely blocked in, but at least we have fries and cokes to entertain us, oh and the crack lady…….and some handsome firefighters. Except the one with the handlebar mustache was a little much, but still cute. So finally they wheel her off on a stretcher and depart. We finally can leave the drive thru. We head next door to the grocery store……at least that is what I thought. I offer to go in quickly to get some bottled waters and drinks for our room. I go in and realize I am in a Mexican market. I mean, they have a tortilla machine for fresh hot tortillas and a taqueria inside type of Mexican market. I can’t even find a pack of water, so I just have to buy a bunch of individuals. But as I am checking out, I see some sandals, 2 for $10 or $5 a pair. Great! I forgot shoes to wear that night for our nice dinner. I only had tennis shoes and sporty sandals. So I found a pair of dressy sandals at the Mexican market for $5, who knew?

So I take my finds back to the car and we head to find the hotel. Only as I am pulling down the street, we realize we are a bit lost. We keep breaking out the iphone to find our way. I see the light turn green and turn left, only to realize, I am in the cast member parking lot. I quickly try and get over to turn around, but I cut off some poor cast member in his camaro and he was NOT happy about it and let me know it. He goes through the security booth and I follow, she directs us to turn around. There is no where to turn around though, I have to go all the way through the parking lot, wait behind a cast member shuttle for a few minutes and finally manage my way out. Woo, finally out and we finally find the hotel.

I get out and check in, only to realize I can’t find my license. Geez, what else can go wrong here. She sees my debit card with my photo and says we are good. We stayed at the Residence Inn Maingate, which was fairly close to the parks. It is a half mile walk probably, but of course we planned to drive everyday. We were in building 8, which wasn’t far and a first floor location. We had a one bedroom suite. We walked in and had a small living area with couch and chair and then a dining table for 4 and a kitchen. Then the bedroom with two queen beds and a bathroom. It was enough for the 5 of us and nice enough for our needs.

We go to unpack and put the waters in the fridge and discover a cake! So I start to say thanks, assuming they bought me one, but no one knows where it came from. It was the birthday cake of mystery! I assume the hotel or travel agent somehow had it put in there for us, as my birthday was listed on the reservation. Super sweet if it was, but it was pretty funny since none of us had a clue who it was from!
So we unpacked, got situated and rested for a bit. We had dinner reservations at Steakhouse 55 for 5:30pm, so we headed out in the van again. We manage to find the Disneyland hotel and decided to just valet it. We take a few pics and explore a bit. We head over and check in and sit in the lounge and order some drinks. A pina colava for me!

We are seated almost immediately, before we get our drinks. The restaurant is dark, cool and smooth with black and white photos/paintings of celebrities all over the walls. We had a fun time seeing who each one was. The waiter told us a funny story about them too- that they photoshopped/painted to remove the cigs that everyone was smoking. Only one photo still had someone with a cig or cigar and that was Sammy Davis Jr. I think. We had great service here all night long. The restaurant was fairly empty since it was still early. A few of us started off with salads and I think all of us but Nancy ordered the filet. She had a big rib eye I think. The steaks were good, but somewhat a bit dry. They weren’t cooked wrong or anything, it just seemed the meat itself was a bit dry. We also ordered the au gratin stack, mac and cheese and green beans. It was way too much food and we were stuffed.

They brought out some dark chocolate mousse with a candle for my bday. But by then I was so stuffed, I could barely eat but a bite. Mother stole the check and paid when we weren’t looking. She did this the entire trip until the last day when we finally managed to get the checks and pay for her instead. Even though the meat was slightly dry, it was still very good overall.

After dinner, what did we do………you got it, we shopped! Hit up the gift shop in the hotel- sometimes we find unique treasures in the resort shops that you don’t find in the parks shops. After dinner, we walked down to the DTD monorail station and waited in a huge line to head to Disneyland. We finally boarded the monorail for the short ride to Tomorrowland. I did miss the usual “Por favor mantangese” spiel on this monorail and they were letting people sit up front on this one. We make it to Tomorrowland and it is pretty packed. We use our fast passes I got that morning to ride Buzz and then head over to Small World.

We all decided the DL small world is better than the WDW one. We loved all the new Disney characters that were included. I don’t think it takes away from the original ride at all, and hey, Walt was all about ‘plussing’ the rides, right? Everything was always growing and changing and I see this addition as a positive for sure. I hope they do the same at the WDW ride.

Afterwards, we realized the crowds were just a little too thick for us so we picked up our shopping bags and headed back to the monorail. It was just very hard for mom to maneuver in the dark like that and we noticed the parks were very poorly lit- or at least tomorrowland was. Since it was our first day, we didn’t know the park layout very well either and let’s face it, we had been up since 3am and it was going on probably 12am our time……so we had been up for like 20plus hours now. So we packed it up and headed back to valet where our validated ticket got us free parking!

Last edited by exwdwcm; 09-16-2010 at 01:06 PM.
Old 09-16-2010, 12:58 PM   #6
Belle Ella
DIS Veteran

Hey, happy belated birthday! Looks like we share Signing myself up!

And before I forget, would you mind if I added your Trip Report to the September Check in thread?
Old 09-16-2010, 01:23 PM   #7
exwdwcm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mich123 View Post
Looks like a great trip!! Subscribing!

And...HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!
welcome and thanks for reading along on our crazy adventure!

Old 09-16-2010, 01:24 PM   #8
exwdwcm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Belle Ella View Post
Hey, happy belated birthday! Looks like we share Signing myself up!

And before I forget, would you mind if I added your Trip Report to the September Check in thread?
oops double post! so your bday is 9/10 too- if so, happy bday!

Old 09-16-2010, 02:02 PM   #9
Tinkermom76
Gawrsh

I'm here!!! Can't wait to hear it all!!!

Me (Natalie) DD12 (Eryka) DD9 (Emma)

May 1989 offsite, May 1999 CBR, Feb 2008 Nickelodeon, Dec 2009 CR, Dec 2010 Pop, Oct 2011, Pop, Feb 2012 WL, Sept 2012 POR, Sept 2013 ASM, May 2014 Pop, Nov 2014 CBR
Tinkermom76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2010, 11:36 AM   #10
PoppyGirl
The kiddies come for the autographs but the mummies come for the captain!

What an adventure! Sounds and looks like SO much fun! Anxiously waiting for more!!!! (and you know which part I mean!) The part about the cake is too funny! Did you ever find out where it came from?

And Happy B-day!

PoppyGirl
(POR) Jan 2007 (HoJo) June 2007 (CSR) Girlfriends Trip Jan 2008 (POP)/Wonder Cruise Mar 2009 (CSR) Mom/DS Trip June 2009 (DLH) Girlfriends' B-day Celebration Feb 2010 (DLH) DH B-day Celebration July 2010 (AKL) Christmas Miracle Trip December 2010 (Wyndham Bonnet Creek) Girls Only Mother Daughter February 2011 (POFQ) Mother Daughter February 2012 (AKL) Mother Daughter February 2013 (Grand Californian) Girls Days Out May 2013 (Yacht Club) Best Friends at Food & Wine October 2013 (Wilderness Lodge) Marvin & Abigail Mother Daughter January 2014

PoppyGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2010, 02:45 PM   #11
exwdwcm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinkermom76 View Post
I'm here!!! Can't wait to hear it all!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by PoppyGirl View Post
What an adventure! Sounds and looks like SO much fun! Anxiously waiting for more!!!! (and you know which part I mean!) The part about the cake is too funny! Did you ever find out where it came from?

And Happy B-day!

PoppyGirl
welcome ladies- and no, never found out who the cake was from, i need to ask my TA! that or the hotel just did it, which is so, is way nice for a residence inn! lol

i have the next installment (all of day two) written, but need to post this afternoon with pics. Gotta actually get some work done though.

Old 09-18-2010, 11:34 AM   #12
Mich123
Mouseketeer

Great report! I noticed you mentioned the submarines at WDW...where were they and when were they there? When I first went back to WDW as an adult I noticed they were missing and then I realized that I must have confused a DL memory with a WDW memory. Now I'm just confused!
2014 Port Orleans Riverside and Beach Club/2013 Back to Disneyland Grand Californian/2012 Polynesian/2011 Our Second Disney Cruise - Mexican Riviera/2010 Our First Disney Cruise and Disney's Vero Beach...and Our First trip to Disneyland! Grand Californian/2009 Polynesian and Port Orleans Riverside/2008 Disney's Vero Beach/2007 Port Orleans Riverside/2006 Coronado Springs

Mich123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2010, 11:56 AM   #13
PoppyGirl
The kiddies come for the autographs but the mummies come for the captain!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mich123 View Post
Great report! I noticed you mentioned the submarines at WDW...where were they and when were they there? When I first went back to WDW as an adult I noticed they were missing and then I realized that I must have confused a DL memory with a WDW memory. Now I'm just confused!
The subs at DL used to be 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea. A couple of years ago they re-vamped them as a Finding Nemo attraction so they are back now. I was there the week they opened....I avoided them like the plague! But we did go on them in January. ONce was quite enough for me!
(POR) Jan 2007 (HoJo) June 2007 (CSR) Girlfriends Trip Jan 2008 (POP)/Wonder Cruise Mar 2009 (CSR) Mom/DS Trip June 2009 (DLH) Girlfriends' B-day Celebration Feb 2010 (DLH) DH B-day Celebration July 2010 (AKL) Christmas Miracle Trip December 2010 (Wyndham Bonnet Creek) Girls Only Mother Daughter February 2011 (POFQ) Mother Daughter February 2012 (AKL) Mother Daughter February 2013 (Grand Californian) Girls Days Out May 2013 (Yacht Club) Best Friends at Food & Wine October 2013 (Wilderness Lodge) Marvin & Abigail Mother Daughter January 2014

PoppyGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2010, 03:21 PM   #14
parrisk
Mouseketeer

Enjoying the TR. Girls Only trips are the best!

DD13 and I are leaving in 20 more sleeps for DLR, staying in a studio at Grand Californian Villas. I read that you received a 10% discount at a restuarant using your DVC card. Were you able to use it for any other discounts like merchandise? (I am bringing an extra suitcase packed inside my check-in luggage because I plan on doing a lot of shopping!)

Please tell me more about the tour, cost, time, value, etc. My DD13 loves all tours and I would like to surprise her. This tour sounds like a good idea.

Also, I must, must, must eat ice cream every day on a Disney Vacation, so where did that tasty looking cone come from?

Any other tips would be greatly appreciated.
parrisk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2010, 03:24 PM   #15
cinderellabride2011
Earning My Ears

I love hearing how different people spend their vacations at disneyland. It seems like you guys had an amazing time! I always have a itenerary when we go to DL, but always venture off it. But at least it keeps some kind of organization while there. My Fiance and I are spending our honeymoon in WDW and I'm debating whether or not to make an itenarary (it will be my fiance's first time and my first time since 1997ish)...my fiance isn't too crazy about my packed filled itenararys. He wants to have a relaxing honeymoon, not a chaotic one. lol! Anyways loved your story!!

Me (27) DH (28) DD (6) DS (8months)
Puppy Bella (3)

cinderellabride2011 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: