Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 09-07-2010, 11:28 PM   #166
Minnie J
Disney isn't ready for Minnie J Baby!!

I made them apologize for those they upset and I apologized for them. I do also say if they behave they can get a treat
Old 09-07-2010, 11:31 PM   #167
poohbear227
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puffles View Post
I would not smoke or drink in front of my kids either. I think you have the wrong Puffle. My kids are great, just saying i got a two year old so there is gong to be a meltdown this year. 12 and 8 year old will be cool but little girl will go nuts on a few occasions no doubt.

P
Well, I plan to smoke and drink right in front of your kids! Think I'll start swearing in line really loudly as well and telling inappropriate jokes! You won't mind right? You could just ignore my behavior.... Heck, I could keep your older kids entertained while your little one is having a meltdown!....I'm one of the "lucky ones" by the way, so I get to tell you how to parent
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-07-2010, 11:36 PM   #168
Sammie
DIS Veteran

Mickeyish.....................

Mickey does not even have kids, so what does he know.
Old 09-07-2010, 11:37 PM   #169
smidgy
dimples

um, when did drinking "in front of" your kids become illegal? or in poor taste?
last I checked, prohibition ended.

of course, now that my "kids" are 28 and 31, I drink "with" them!

but we've been known to have cocktails in front of our grandkids.
Old 09-07-2010, 11:41 PM   #170
minniebride
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sammie View Post

I guess he is unlucky
Old 09-07-2010, 11:42 PM   #171
luckyprincess
Dis Lord

Quote:
Never liked pools but always jumped in any lakes and rivers but she would scare the heck out of me because she had very limited swimming skills. and i always had to jump in to save her and she was like 55 pounds of paw pounding victim!!!
Lol - Hazel Nut is like that too! She's 80 pounds and I can't swim (I flail about in the pool ) so I don't let her venture in unless my bf is there...

Old 09-07-2010, 11:48 PM   #172
luvthemouse71
Cries like a baby at Illuminations..

I think age plays a big role too..I'm not going to get all freaked out over a little one throwing a fit(especially those under 3). However......

Last trip, we were at the stunt show in HS, sitting in the bleachers. A girl about 8 or 9 was kicking the back of my bleacher and actually kicked me a couple of times. Now, I said something directly to the child. Didn't raise my voice or anything. Just turned around and calmly said, "I know you didn't mean to, but you kicked me a couple of times." The child said she was sorry, and she didn't do it again. Kind of got a nasty look from the parent though(the mom). In this case, I stand by what I did..the child was old enough to know better and quite frankly, so was the mom. The mom chose to do nothing about the behavior, so I finally said something.

If a child is not suffering from any issues(autism etc) than a child older than 5/6 should be expected to show basic courtesy. I think that's what most people mean..
Old 09-07-2010, 11:51 PM   #173
luvthemouse71
Cries like a baby at Illuminations..

Quote:
Originally Posted by smidgy View Post
um, when did drinking "in front of" your kids become illegal? or in poor taste?
last I checked, prohibition ended.

of course, now that my "kids" are 28 and 31, I drink "with" them!

but we've been known to have cocktails in front of our grandkids.
Sheesh, my dad used to let us have the foam off of the top of the beer. I'm not an alcoholic and neither are my siblings..
Old 09-07-2010, 11:52 PM   #174
smidgy
dimples

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvthemouse71 View Post
I think age plays a big role too..I'm not going to get all freaked out over a little one throwing a fit(especially those under 3). However......

Last trip, we were at the stunt show in HS, sitting in the bleachers. A girl about 8 or 9 was kicking the back of my bleacher and actually kicked me a couple of times. Now, I said something directly to the child. Didn't raise my voice or anything. Just turned around and calmly said, "I know you didn't mean to, but you kicked me a couple of times." The child said she was sorry, and she didn't do it again. Kind of got a nasty look from the parent though(the mom). In this case, I stand by what I did..the child was old enough to know better and quite frankly, so was the mom. The mom chose to do nothing about the behavior, so I finally said something.

If a child is not suffering from any issues(autism etc) than a child older than 5/6 should be expected to show basic courtesy. I think that's what most people mean..
well said.
and if a child is younger than that, and in a nice restaurant, the parents should take her out until she calms down.
Old 09-07-2010, 11:53 PM   #175
Suellen
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvthemouse71 View Post
Now, I said something directly to the child. Didn't raise my voice or anything. Just turned around and calmly said, "I know you didn't mean to, but you kicked me a couple of times." The child said she was sorry, and she didn't do it again. Kind of got a nasty look from the parent though(the mom).
This would be fine by me... even to my three year old. Again politely asking them not to touch you in any way... be it tongue to the hand of foot to the back is completely different than "nutting up" in a kids face.

And was the look definitely and angry one? If it were me (and it wasn't I don't have any kids that age) I would have been mortified that you had to talk to her. So the look you would get from me would be mortification.
Old 09-07-2010, 11:56 PM   #176
brunette8706
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Good call lets do it !
Don't FEED THE TROLL! Especailly the CRASS one. What Puffins said about LuckyPrincess, is ignorant and Crass. It really sounds like she needs better parenting skills if she just let's her kids have a meltdowns, with no discipline what so ever.

Last edited by brunette8706; 09-08-2010 at 12:10 AM.
Old 09-08-2010, 12:01 AM   #177
brunette8706
DIS Veteran

Quote:
David Wilcox is Mickeyish, you sir are not. Some people call me a bad apple, but I still taste sweet. I Maybe the sweetest apple on the tree.
Old 09-08-2010, 12:06 AM   #178
disney david
DIS Veteran

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sammie View Post

he might we might just not know about yet rember tmz wasnt always around so we might find out one day.

Bring back Walter on the podcast we miss him
CHIP AND DALE ARE A LIST CHARACTERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 09-08-2010, 12:07 AM   #179
smidgy
dimples

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suellen View Post
This would be fine by me... even to my three year old. Again politely asking them not to touch you in any way... be it tongue to the hand of foot to the back is completely different than "nutting up" in a kids face.

And was the look definitely and angry one? If it were me (and it wasn't I don't have any kids that age) I would have been mortified that you had to talk to her. So the look you would get from me would be mortification.
see, but you're obviously a parent who disciplines her kids. the example given was a different scenario.

back when I raised my kids (now 28 and 31) all us neighborhood moms discplined each others' kids. that's how it was.

in my house, if a friends' kid was banging on my piano, on she did nothing, I firmly told the child "that's not allowed".

there are some parents who don't like anyone telling their kids what to do. I'm "old school". I will tell a child what is proper behaviour if the parent doesn't.

i once had a friend "argue" with me, in my own house! about what her son was allowed to do. we had a pool table; children not allowed. we ahd a football party (they refused to get a babysitter), and he wanted to play pool. I told him "no, sorry, it's for grown-ups". he cried and whined. instead of backing me up, she asked me "well, can't he just roll the balls around, and not use the sticks?"
(while we are all trying to hear the game).
I stuck to my guns, and the kids screamed louder, and instead of dealing with her child,she was mad at me for not changing my rule!
that's what happens when children are used to doing whatever they want, and their parents back them up. when they get in a situation where they can'tget their way, they explode.
(now, before anyone gets all upset, I don't mean that all meltdowns at WDW are like this. ) I was just giving examples of when you have to tell other peoples kids to behave.
oh yeah. like, when we had a boat. and a couple invited out insisted on bringing their 3 year old. who was down in the cabin, tearing down the wires hubby had for the stereo system on our boat. the dad kept telling the mom to stop her. she said "well, those wires shouldn't BE there!"
hubby turned the boat around, and back to the marina we went! no boat ride for anyone. she was very angry.
Old 09-08-2010, 12:09 AM   #180
smidgy
dimples

sorry, brunette, you're right. I'll stop!
Closed Thread

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: