Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 09-07-2010, 10:53 PM   #151
Puffles
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by kittythepoohbear View Post
We can only hope.
No i'm very Mickeyish and so is my family !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 09-07-2010, 10:55 PM   #152
luckyprincess
Dis Lord

Quote:
Originally Posted by si-am View Post
I am starting to think Puffles might be a troll. Totally not mickeyish.
agreed

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-07-2010, 10:56 PM   #153
bwilcox
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puffles View Post
No i'm very Mickeyish and so is my family !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I'm not sure insulting people who don't have kids is very "Mickeyish," so I would have to disagree.
Old 09-07-2010, 10:57 PM   #154
Puffles
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by luckyprincess View Post
They would be if they were mine!! Considering I don't want any I don't think they'd be very happy to have me as a Mom, lol! I didn't say a house full of kids for YOU is unlucky - I think everyone needs a cup of coffee or to read more closely and not take things personally!!! Geez!
By the way - so sorry about your dog! 15 is a lot of fantastic years to be loved and have a wonderful family! Did she get to swim in the pool? Mine is scared...
Never liked pools but always jumped in any lakes and rivers but she would scare the heck out of me because she had very limited swimming skills. and i always had to jump in to save her and she was like 55 pounds of paw pounding victim!!!
Old 09-07-2010, 10:59 PM   #155
smidgy
dimples

I still want to know which ADRs to cancel, since we were forewarned that it would not be a peaceful meal
Old 09-07-2010, 11:00 PM   #156
si-am
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by smidgy View Post
I still want to know which ADRs to cancel, since we were forewarned that it would not be a peaceful meal
Me and you both!
Old 09-07-2010, 11:08 PM   #157
Puffles
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwilcox View Post
I'm not sure insulting people who don't have kids is very "Mickeyish," so I would have to disagree.
David Wilcox is Mickeyish, you sir are not. Some people call me a bad apple, but I still taste sweet. I Maybe the sweetest apple on the tree.
Old 09-07-2010, 11:09 PM   #158
minniebride
DIS Veteran

Quote:
luckyprincess, you don't seem so lucky if you don't have kids, and dont want them. And you are not very Mickeyish for those that do. You post on the subject but do not have the experiance to post on what you don't know. I wish you better than a house full of cats.
Wow, what a disgusting & completely hypocritical comment & what's worse is you seem so proud of yourself with the you put at the end. I think the people who seem the most unlucky are the ones you are supposedly being a role model for.

I agree that this person is either a troll or just feels like an idiot for that awful comments and is trying to salvage themselves with *trying* to be funny.....

I think the point is, no matter how anyone chooses to parent their children, they do need to be mindful of other people when sharing a space with other people.

Would you let your child tantrum in a movie theater or library? Would you let them remain there and ignore their behavior because you are trying to teach your child a lesson at that point in time??? I'm guessing none of you would feel comfortable with this behavior. I fail to see why the same rules would not apply in WDW

I think most people are understanding of a child having a tough time.....as long as the parent is actively intervening on the situation. & if the child runs off, bumps into someone, spits on them, blows bubbles in their face, screams in their ear, please don't just brush it off as "kids will be kids" or "this is my trip of a lifetime"-you are still responsible for your childrens' actions and however you decide to deal with it, whatever your parenting style is, please just be mindful of those around you!!

I make a conscious effort in WDW (and in any public place where kids might be) to be mindful of my behavior & how it might affect other people. I would never smoke near a child. I would never get drunk around a child. I would never curse in line or talk about anything inappropriate while I'm in a line in WDW or anywhere near a child. I make a conscious effort to look away if I see a parent trying to manage a child having a difficult time. As an adult, I make a conscious effort to make sure I am being as respectful as possible around the children and people I am sharing my space with. I expect the grown ups, who are responsible for their children, to be mindful of me as well, by just being respectful that I am also sharing this line with you, following those simple social rules as a grown-up would, and taking that into consideration when you decide which route you are going to go with parenting that situation.

Last edited by minniebride; 09-07-2010 at 11:18 PM.
Old 09-07-2010, 11:13 PM   #159
bwilcox
DIS Veteran

Quote:
David Wilcox is Mickeyish, you sir are not. Some people call me a bad apple, but I still taste sweet. I Maybe the sweetest apple on the tree.
All right, I'm convinced-it's a troll. Let's all stop feeding it.
Old 09-07-2010, 11:16 PM   #160
Puffles
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by minniebride View Post
Wow, what a disgusting & completely hypocritical comment & what's worse is you seem so proud of yourself with the you put at the end. I think the people who seem the most unlucky are the ones you are supposedly being a role model for.

I think the point is, no matter how anyone chooses to parent their children, they do need to be mindful of other people when sharing a space with other people.

Would you let your child tantrum in a movie theater or library? Would you let them remain there and ignore their behavior because you are trying to teach your child a lesson at that point in time??? I'm guessing none of you would feel comfortable with this behavior. I fail to see why the same rules would not apply in WDW

I think most people are understanding of a child having a tough time.....as long as the parent is actively intervening on the situation. & if the child runs off, bumps into someone, spits on them, blows bubbles in their face, screams in their ear, please don't just brush it off as "kids will be kids" or "this is my trip of a lifetime"-you are still responsible for your childrens' actions and however you decide to deal with it, whatever your parenting style is, please just be mindful of those around you!!

I make a conscious effort in WDW (and in any public place where kids might be) to be mindful of my behavior & how it might affect other people. I would never smoke near a child. I would never get drunk around a child. I would never curse in line or talk about anything inappropriate while I'm in a line in WDW or anywhere near a child. I make a conscious effort to look away if I see a parent trying to manage a child having a difficult time. As an adult, I make a conscious effort to make sure I am being as respectful as possible around the children and people I am sharing my space with. I expect the grown ups, who are responsible for their children, to be mindful of me as well, by just being respectful that I am also sharing this line with you, following those simple social rules as a grown-up would, and taking that into consideration when you decide which route you are going to go with parenting that situation.

I would not smoke or drink in front of my kids either. I think you have the wrong Puffle. My kids are great, just saying i got a two year old so there is gong to be a meltdown this year. 12 and 8 year old will be cool but little girl will go nuts on a few occasions no doubt.

P
Old 09-07-2010, 11:17 PM   #161
Planogirl
I feel the nerd in me stirring already
Oh well, let's look on the bright side
If I hadn't been so wiped out I would have kissed my anesthesiologist

So when do we start comparing bank accounts? Seriously, some of these posts are unbelievable. It's amazing to me how often self-proclaimed child rearing experts disagree with one another. Some of you (not all) only know what works with your own kids and not anyone else's.

Also, what's wrong with having a house full of cats? I'd love one personally.
Old 09-07-2010, 11:21 PM   #162
minniebride
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Planogirl View Post

Also, what's wrong with having a house full of cats? I'd love one personally.
We've got two and they are loves!!!
Old 09-07-2010, 11:24 PM   #163
Planogirl
I feel the nerd in me stirring already
Oh well, let's look on the bright side
If I hadn't been so wiped out I would have kissed my anesthesiologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by minniebride View Post
We've got two and they are loves!!!
Plus cats go quite well with children IMO. That is if they are well-behaved...
Old 09-07-2010, 11:25 PM   #164
smidgy
dimples

actually, you said:
Quote:
Don't sit near me if you want a peacefull meal.

Puffles
Quote:
I My kids are great, just saying i got a two year old so there is gong to be a meltdown this year. 12 and 8 year old will be cool but little girl will go nuts on a few occasions no doubt.

P
other parents said they would take their children (and their meltdowns) OUT of the restaurant.

you said anyone sitting near you would NOT have a peaceful meal. ..and you thought that was funny... just sayin'
Old 09-07-2010, 11:26 PM   #165
palavra
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by AustinTink View Post

I haven't read the whole thread, just skimmed it. But, I think you've hit it on the head. People need to stop making excuses for their children's behavior. Meltdowns are not "normal" kid stuff. Not every child has them. My kid doesn't do it, so why do I have to listen to someone else's?
Yes, some people make excuses for their kid's behavior. But not everyone has "normal" kids. My DD has ADHD and sensory problems. How she reacts to situations will most likely be different than you "normal" child. The one thing I can say with certainty is that her behavior, even with sensory modifications and medication, is likely to be unpredictable. So, even though my daughter looks "normal" on the outside, you really have no idea what is going on. I've had people make terrible faces at me and my dauhgter and heard horrible things said about her behavior that were completely uncalled for. And my husband and I are not pushover parents at all. Looking in from the outside is always a danger as you cannot have all teh information you need to truly assess the situation.
Closed Thread

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: