Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-07-2010, 05:05 PM   #1
cancersucks
Mouseketeer

Need to get hubby excited about trip

This is my DH 3rd trip since we met. (I have been there many more times) The first time I suprised him. Needless to say he was not excited!! (we didn't have kids yet, so he didn't get why we were going.) the 2nd time our DS was 2, and it was his (DH) Christmas gift to us. Had fun, but still said it was not his type of vaca. This time, he is soooo in need of a vacation from work that he is ACTUALLY looking forward to going. (he says it is because of needed time off...but I think the pixie dust is taking over)

Anyway, does anyone have a link or list of "construction" magic? Like Facts, secerets, ect?? I think DH would really enjoy that. I already told him about the undercover security thread from a week or so ago, and think he will have fun playing spot the UC. Anything to get him involved!!

Last edited by cancersucks; 09-07-2010 at 07:27 PM.
cancersucks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2010, 06:15 PM   #2
minniefan65
Mouseketeer

The Imagineering Field Guides are great for behind the scenes stuff. I can't recommend them highly enough. They have a lot of great information about the thought processes behind designs and stuff.
minniefan65 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-07-2010, 06:23 PM   #3
twokids0204
DIS Dad #561
I control the universe.... scared yet?

Quote:
Originally Posted by cancersucks View Post
Need to get hubby excited
I can give you some suggestions, but I don't think they would be appropriate on a family board.

Me (Brian) DW (Sheri) DD12 DS9
Member #561
twokids0204 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2010, 06:26 PM   #4
cancersucks
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by twokids0204 View Post
I can give you some suggestions, but I don't think they would be appropriate on a family board.

Didn't even catch this until you said something!!
Old 09-07-2010, 06:27 PM   #5
cancersucks
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by minniefan65 View Post
The Imagineering Field Guides are great for behind the scenes stuff. I can't recommend them highly enough. They have a lot of great information about the thought processes behind designs and stuff.

Is this something easy to find at a regular book store, or just in the world???
Old 09-07-2010, 07:22 PM   #6
g3pak
DIS Veteran

As Twokids already pointed out, your thread title is misleading. I was about to suggest a shopping trip to Victoria's Secret.
g3pak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2010, 08:57 PM   #7
MNfamilycruiser
Reading more than posting!

Quote:
This is my DH 3rd trip since we met. (I have been there many more times) The first time I suprised him. Needless to say he was not excited!! (we didn't have kids yet, so he didn't get why we were going.) the 2nd time our DS was 2, and it was his (DH) Christmas gift to us. Had fun, but still said it was not his type of vaca. This time, he is soooo in need of a vacation from work that he is ACTUALLY looking forward to going. (he says it is because of needed time off...but I think the pixie dust is taking over)

Anyway, does anyone have a link or list of "construction" magic? Like Facts, secerets, ect?? I think DH would really enjoy that. I already told him about the undercover security thread from a week or so ago, and think he will have fun playing spot the UC. Anything to get him involved!!
I happened to walk by the travel section at Borders the other day - and saw this book:
http://www.borders.com/online/store/...sku=1605500631

I am sure if you look online or at a local bookstore you can find it or something like it. I also saw Imagineering Field guides for each park.
Old 09-07-2010, 09:04 PM   #8
minniefan65
Mouseketeer

The Imagineering books are available on ebay and Amazon. Amazon has some other really neat looking titles too.
minniefan65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2010, 09:10 PM   #9
dansyr2514
DIS Veteran

I have the same problem with dbf. My tip is find out what he enjoys about Disney...if it's hanging by the pool, golfing, fishing ...whatever. Give him the info and let him plan some time for himself at Disney.
Old 09-07-2010, 10:02 PM   #10
Eljay
DIS Veteran

Location: Lounging around the Royal Assante Suite at the AKL in my leopard pajamas, drinking Champagne! (In my dreams!!!)

Here's some cool info about R'nRC.
http://www.rocknrollercoaster.com/secrets

He might also like taking a tour there.
It gives you a whole different outlook on WDW.

http://allears.net/btp/tours.htm

http://www.wdwinfo.com/wdwinfo/tours.htm

My husband, who really isn't a big fan of the parks, absolutely enjoyed the Backstage Magic Tour.

Last edited by Eljay; 09-07-2010 at 10:11 PM.
Eljay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2010, 10:24 PM   #11
jpmandan
DIS Veteran

All my D.W. has to say is W.D.W. and I'm packed and ready to go.

Our WDW trips 2002,2003,2006,2007,2008,2009,2011
jpmandan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2010, 11:39 PM   #12
honeydiane1953
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Ok IF I had a husband or any body else who did not like, want to go to WDW I would simply leave them at home. I wouldn't even try. Some folks just don't like it and I don't want "those" folks with me.
Old 09-08-2010, 06:23 AM   #13
dioxide45
DIS Veteran

So it may not be his type of trip. That is fine. Though do you ever plan vacations to anywhere else? Or perhaps you could couple in a beach trip with a visit to WDW. Some people will just not love Disney vacations, nothing wrong with that. Perhaps going somewhere that he wants to go would be good. It doesn't always have to be Disney. You have already been twice before with him.
dioxide45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2010, 07:37 AM   #14
cancersucks
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by honeydiane1953 View Post
Ok IF I had a husband or any body else who did not like, want to go to WDW I would simply leave them at home. I wouldn't even try. Some folks just don't like it and I don't want "those" folks with me.
He does wind up having fun, I think he just drags his feet a little because he doesn't want anyone to think the the "tough guy" wants to go to Disney. Plus, I enjoy spending time with him and as a family...feet dragging or not before hand, it wouldn't be the same without him.
Old 09-08-2010, 07:39 AM   #15
Figment632
DIS Veteran

I could tell you some ways to get him excited but this is a family site

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: