Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-21-2010, 09:17 PM   #91
not_Joanna_eggs
DIS Veteran

Answering the burning questions

I'm not sure if I'll get to a "real" update tonight, so I thought I'd answer the question I know is burning in your minds....

How was DH today? Was he just as sleepy?

At this point you might be asking…. Is DH less Dopey than the day before? Did he get enough sleep?

I’ll just leave you with these picture and let you be the judge…

Old 09-21-2010, 09:58 PM   #92
Princess_K
DIS Veteran

Oh my gosh... your DH cracks me up. That first pic looks like he's just been told the saddest thing ever! too funny!
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-21-2010, 10:21 PM   #93
not_Joanna_eggs
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Princess_K View Post
Oh my gosh... your DH cracks me up. That first pic looks like he's just been told the saddest thing ever! too funny!
Yes, the saddest thing ever - you're at Disney World
Old 09-21-2010, 10:23 PM   #94
not_Joanna_eggs
DIS Veteran

Day 2 - Part 2 - Chillin' at the 'COT

We headed out and over to the Monorail.

Awww… nostalgia

Then the monorail came

We made our way to the TTC and waited for the next monorail.

Tron-o-rail!

Next stop? Epcot!

We got on the Epcot monorail and we were in a car with another child-less couple - maybe a little older than us. As the monorail was circling the WS, the guy in his best "Tina Faye doing Sarah Palin voice" said "I can see Morocco from the Monorail - take that Sarah Palin" LOL DH started laughing and the girl just looked like she might die. It was hilarious.

We got into Epcot, and stopped at Art of Disney, since I didn't get to go the night before. I showed DH the poster I wanted.

We decided to wait, because I'm not sure where I'd put it, but I just love it.

(and yes, I know this picture isn’t from the Art of Disney in Epcot – it’s from the MK… but it’s the same picture, so hush you!)

Then we headed to Club Cool

I was quite thirsty, so why not get it for free? We stuck to our favorites, but we saw an unsuspecting family get Beverly-ed.

We then headed through my favorite random air conditioned little hallway. I'm not sure what exactly it's supposed to be, but I love it!

Our destination? Soarin' Fast Passes!

DH was continuing to bear similarities to a peticular dwarf, and it was really irritating me, so we had that conversation again. I couldn't get him to commit to anything.

I know I probally sound whiny, but I was getting so frustrated with him, because he would say he didn't care what we did, but then say no to anything I wanted to do, until I guessed what he wanted to do. I was hot and tired myself, and I just couldn't handle him acting like a child. I wanted to hook him up to a caffeine IV stat.
Old 09-22-2010, 09:09 AM   #95
meeko_33785
Surrounded by characters

Well, I'm at least glad to hear that you guys didn't just go back to the hotel after your one ride at the Magic Kingdom. Too bad DH is still on the dopey side.

Love the random air conditioned hallway. There used to be some things in there. Years ago there was an exhibit on Imagineering with a work-in-progress demonstration of the Aladdin virtural reality ride that's now at DisneyQuest. A few years ago there was a exhibit celebrating EPCOT's 25th anniversary. Even though it's pretty empty now, I've noticed that some characters appear there every so often though. I spotted Lilo and Snow White's Prince there in December.
Old 09-22-2010, 10:41 AM   #96
Princess_K
DIS Veteran

I totally get your frustration. DBF and I went on a trip with my best friend and her boyfriend a couple of years ago, and we had that exact same experience. They didn't want to do anything, but they also didn't want to do anything we suggested. Ugh...

I feel like we met Belle in that hallway before. It looks really familiar!
Old 09-22-2010, 06:25 PM   #97
RachelNinja
Sometimes I'd rather live in VMK than in real life!

I graded 2 complete tests at school today already, and I graded Part I of another. I also only have 1 class left to prepare for tomorrow's lesson plans. Therefore, I am going to reward myself by finally catching up on your trip report! WOOHOO!!!

Haha, love how you pointed out your summer house and clarified that your real house is in Epcot's China ... across the "street" from me!

Wet underwear and wet socks are the absolute worst. I remember when I also got soaked on a ride wearing a denim skort. I got these denim burns on my inner thighs from walking!!! So unpleasant!

I cannot WAIT to watch some Stacey for myself! Then I'll finally understand what everyone's referencing! (Haha, I actually just YouTubed the Must Do's, and oh dear, she is quite the entertaining gal!)

I'm going to have to reread the Hidden Magic stuff for AK before Howard and I go for our Disneymoon. I read it in passing because I didn't know what was being referenced. Looking forward to seeing the ketchup, mustard, and mayo thing! Haha, I don't like writing "catsup" because Matt actually says "cat-sup" when he sees that, and it bugs me!

How cute is that dinosaur who took a chomp outta that sign!!!

LOVE THE DEAL of the waking up thing and the D&B bag thing! Haha. I'm sure that'd be a way to get ME up because I'm the napper who does NOT want to get up. If I nap after work, I have Howard call me. Usually he calls, and I say, "15 more minutes?" and he'll call me again. And again. And again. Sometimes I don't hear it at all. Hehe.

I like the framing of the pic you took of the Lego robot guy who's gonna destroy the crowds for you!

I definitely definitely definitely need to get something with the "I Love Nerds" thing on it. I think it'd be appropriate too since I'm a teacher. Haha, that might be my "bigger" souvenir purchase in February! Hopefully, it'll still be there!

Ooo, I like your Wedding Pavilion print! I've got a Larry Dotson thing too; a student bought it for me for Christmas 2 years since he too was a Disney fanatic and his fam just went. I have the one with Wishes, and he was there at the time, so he personalized it and signed it.

Those scallops look AMAZING. I'm very intrigued by nicely done scallops. I've never had "expensive" scallops before where it's the main course. Haha, I don't know if that makes sense, but I just always had it when it was part of a dish, and it's not the main focus. Obviously as a main course, they better be some gosh darn yummy scallops!

Weird and Ninja Shout Out to You (Jan '15 TR in progress) // Mr. and Mrs. Weak Sauce Go the Distance (May '12 Disneymoon TR) // Delicious Indeed! (Feb '11 TR) // Saving Dole Whip Float Money (Feb '11 PTR) // Weird and Ninja’s Pre-Disneymoon (April '10 TR) // It's Better Than Stuffed Mezzaluna with Sausage! (April '10 PTR) // A DISer's Trip of Firsts! (Feb '08 TR) // The Flat Adventures of Weird and Ninja! (Living the Life Outside of VMK)

BLOG / INSTAGRAM / TWITTER - Msg me here if you want to follow
Old 09-22-2010, 06:44 PM   #98
Caretames1
Mom & Crazed Planner

I can not wait until I can "Beverly" my family Shhhhh, Don't tell them, only I know how bad it is
Wake Up! SURPRISE, We're going to Disney World....TODAY Sept 2011 TRhttp://www.disboards.com/showthread....9#post42811539
"Momma, I got to dance with Flynn Ryder!" Our January 2011 TR.http://www.disboards.com/showthread....1#post39775931
First Ever Trip to Disney World 1/23/2009 (POR) 6 days
Back to Disney World 1/21/2011 (POR) 10 days

Shhh! Suprise MNSSHP Trip 9/21/2011 (POP) 5 days
Surprise...AGAIN! 11/1/12 (AoA) 11 days
ME: Carey DH: John DD: Kadence (10) DD: Samantha (20)
Old 09-22-2010, 10:35 PM   #99
not_Joanna_eggs
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by meeko_33785 View Post
Well, I'm at least glad to hear that you guys didn't just go back to the hotel after your one ride at the Magic Kingdom. Too bad DH is still on the dopey side.

Love the random air conditioned hallway. There used to be some things in there. Years ago there was an exhibit on Imagineering with a work-in-progress demonstration of the Aladdin virtural reality ride that's now at DisneyQuest. A few years ago there was a exhibit celebrating EPCOT's 25th anniversary. Even though it's pretty empty now, I've noticed that some characters appear there every so often though. I spotted Lilo and Snow White's Prince there in December.
I'm not going to lie, it was dicey there for a minute - I thought he might throw in the towel - but he soldiered on. But he was definitely dopey!

That's so cool - too bad they don't use it for demonstrations anymore. I'm glad they use it for character interactions - it seems like the perfect place on a hot day. Every time we've gone through it, it's been blissfully cold and 100% empty - not even other guests!

Quote:
I totally get your frustration. DBF and I went on a trip with my best friend and her boyfriend a couple of years ago, and we had that exact same experience. They didn't want to do anything, but they also didn't want to do anything we suggested. Ugh...

I feel like we met Belle in that hallway before. It looks really familiar!
Yeah, DH usually isn't like that which is good - I'm not sure I could have married him if he was a Disney dope all the time I've been on vacation with people that won't do anything, or just want to hang out in the room before - so not fun.

I'm glad to hear they do character interactions in that hallway. It's such wasted space otherwise (but a fun air-conditioned treat for those in the "know")

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caretames1 View Post
I can not wait until I can "Beverly" my family Shhhhh, Don't tell them, only I know how bad it is
I'm always too afraid to do it to my family - I tell them ahead of time, and then they never want to try it

I love the "Beverly" is now a verb!
Old 09-22-2010, 11:01 PM   #100
not_Joanna_eggs
DIS Veteran

Okay Ms. Ninja... you get your own post

Quote:
Originally Posted by RachelNinja View Post
I graded 2 complete tests at school today already, and I graded Part I of another. I also only have 1 class left to prepare for tomorrow's lesson plans. Therefore, I am going to reward myself by finally catching up on your trip report! WOOHOO!!!
Woah, sounds like you kicked some grading butt today. Hmmm.. that sentence just isn’t right is it? Glad you found the time to catch up. (and I feel honored that my TR is a "reward" hope I didn't disappoint you too much )

Quote:
Haha, love how you pointed out your summer house and clarified that your real house is in Epcot's China ... across the "street" from me!
How could I forget my neighbor! Since it it was Labor Day weekend - the last weekend of summer we only visited our summer house, and not our real house

Quote:
Wet underwear and wet socks are the absolute worst. I remember when I also got soaked on a ride wearing a denim skort. I got these denim burns on my inner thighs from walking!!! So unpleasant!
Yick! My thighs hurt just reading that! I hate getting soaked too - the poncho got me just the right amount of wet to cool me off, but I was dry enough to be comfortable. I felt really bad for the woman on our raft wearing a white linen dress- I don't know what she was thinking!

Quote:
I cannot WAIT to watch some Stacey for myself! Then I'll finally understand what everyone's referencing! (Haha, I actually just YouTubed the Must Do's, and oh dear, she is quite the entertaining gal!)
Yay for '12 and Stacey - the old one was much better, but she's still quite funny. I have no idea why, but it's sort of strangely comforting to hear her voice and know you're at Disney!

Quote:
I'm going to have to reread the Hidden Magic stuff for AK before Howard and I go for our Disneymoon. I read it in passing because I didn't know what was being referenced. Looking forward to seeing the ketchup, mustard, and mayo thing! Haha, I don't like writing "catsup" because Matt actually says "cat-sup" when he sees that, and it bugs me!

How cute is that dinosaur who took a chomp outta that sign!!!
I read it all really fast and didn't remember too much of it. DH got into it late, so only read the MK stuff. But some of the stuff is so cool in there! I can't stand the "cat-sup" pronunciation either!

Quote:
LOVE THE DEAL of the waking up thing and the D&B bag thing! Haha. I'm sure that'd be a way to get ME up because I'm the napper who does NOT want to get up. If I nap after work, I have Howard call me. Usually he calls, and I say, "15 more minutes?" and he'll call me again. And again. And again. Sometimes I don't hear it at all. Hehe.
I'm good at making deals where either way I win

DH is like that too. I can call him, sit on him, play the radio, there's nothing that can wake him up. I was so happy he woke up on his own, because if he was still sleeping, I had no chance of waking him up.

Quote:
I like the framing of the pic you took of the Lego robot guy who's gonna destroy the crowds for you!
I'd like to say that it was skill, but really I was shooting and walking, so it was totally by accident

[QUOTE=RachelNinja;38328017]I definitely definitely definitely need to get something with the "I Love Nerds" thing on it. I think it'd be appropriate too since I'm a teacher. Haha, that might be my "bigger" souvenir purchase in February! Hopefully, it'll still be there![/Quotes]

Actually, I totally thought of you when I saw it! They had an I love nerds bag - I was like Rachel would love this and she could use it because she's a teacher and doesn't work in a stuffy office like me

I'll keep an eye out on the stuff for you when I'm there in Oct. and Dec

Quote:
Ooo, I like your Wedding Pavilion print! I've got a Larry Dotson thing too; a student bought it for me for Christmas 2 years since he too was a Disney fanatic and his fam just went. I have the one with Wishes, and he was there at the time, so he personalized it and signed it.
This was one of the first times I even noticed the Larry Dotson prints. I seriously didn't know they even existed! I haven't seen the Wishes one, I bet it's awesome. I really like the WP one. It's a great souvenir for us!

Quote:
Those scallops look AMAZING. I'm very intrigued by nicely done scallops. I've never had "expensive" scallops before where it's the main course. Haha, I don't know if that makes sense, but I just always had it when it was part of a dish, and it's not the main focus. Obviously as a main course, they better be some gosh darn yummy scallops!
I totally get what you mean by "expensive" scallops. They're my dad's favorite seafood, so I grew to love them - and I always order them if they're on the menu. I scallops!

The ones at Narcoosee's were YUMMY!

Phew.... that was a long response. Now since you caught up, I suppose i should stop slacking and post another update.... huh?
Old 09-22-2010, 11:22 PM   #101
not_Joanna_eggs
DIS Veteran

Day 2 - Part 3 - Captn' EO and French...Kissing?

When we last left off, I was almost in tears of frustration near the line for Soarin’. DH didn’t want to go on living with the land, or Nemo. I finally I just said, fine, I want to go on Capitan EO, then we can go back to the room or whatever. So we headed to Captain EO.

Captain EO was cute. So 80s! Not quite as awesome as I remember, but still cute.

Afterwards, DH told me he was going to buy me this shirt.

I told him I needed the I’m “I’m grumpy because you’re Dopey”

We laughed and all was okay for a while.

We headed to the WS for lunch.

Boo… Canada, still holding a grudge for being closed this January…. So we just snapped this picture and hightailed it outta there!

DH’s Dopeyness was starting to return, so we just headed straight to France.

I got a ham and cheese croissant - DH got quiche. Why we both opted for hot food - I have no clue.

Croissant

Quiche

Will this yummy food wake DH up?

Only time will tell…

We lucked out and found a table in the shade.

Sitting there reminded us of the freezing cold morning in January we spent getting our pictures taken at o'dark thirty. Oh what I wouldn't have given for 40 degree temperatures at that moment!

We were still a little hungry and you can't very well eat in France without getting chocolate mousse - so we did.

The caffeine and sugar work DH up a little bit. I asked him if he wanted to go back to the room, and he said no. We devised a plan and headed out.

As we headed back to Future World, we passed by the French Arm

This is where we had our dessert part the night before the wedding. We decided to try to take a picture of us kissing in that location. I’ve got to say, for a self picture, not looking at the camera at all – I did pretty well – I got the eifel tower in there and everything!

Old 09-23-2010, 08:51 AM   #102
meeko_33785
Surrounded by characters

I've never seen Captain EO, so I'm hoping to be able to see it next time I make it to EPCOT. We'll see if I can convince whoever I'm with to see it too.

France has to be my favorite counter service restaurant at EPCOT. Their sandwiches, croissants and quiche are great, not to mention the desserts.
Old 09-23-2010, 10:47 AM   #103
Princess_K
DIS Veteran

The food looks really good. I just love getting desserts in France!

I would say you did pretty good with your self-portrait. It is centered and everything DBF and I take pics like that so often, but we still don't quite have the hang of it!
Old 09-23-2010, 08:03 PM   #104
not_Joanna_eggs
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by meeko_33785 View Post
I've never seen Captain EO, so I'm hoping to be able to see it next time I make it to EPCOT. We'll see if I can convince whoever I'm with to see it too.

France has to be my favorite counter service restaurant at EPCOT. Their sandwiches, croissants and quiche are great, not to mention the desserts.
Captain EO is definitely cheese-o-riffic, but I like cheese. Hope you can convince someone to go with you!

It was really the first time we've eaten at the France CS. It was yummy - Usually we hit up China or Japan - but France is now on our list too!

Quote:
The food looks really good. I just love getting desserts in France!

I would say you did pretty good with your self-portrait. It is centered and everything DBF and I take pics like that so often, but we still don't quite have the hang of it!
The sandwiches were nummy - definately worth going for more than sweets - not that those were bad either....

I was quite impressed with myself - especially since DH always says I have short little T-Rex arms
Old 09-23-2010, 08:10 PM   #105
not_Joanna_eggs
DIS Veteran

Day 2 - Part 4 - Shopping and the final fronteir

We decided to cut through Mouse Gears.

The Muppet Vynlmations are super cute!

I was way overly amused by this R2D2 toy

I LOVE this snow globe. If I wouldn’t need to ship it – I so would have bought it!

This tea-strainer thingy is so freaking cute. I drink tea every day at work, and have a ton of loose tea. This is so mine!

I wonder if this actually cooks evenly – since the area in the ears is smaller than the big area. If it does – this is way cool!

I pointed this out to DH – and explained the whole Dreamfinder thing. I always feel like I have to explain why I like figment because the ride is so lame now!

We planned on getting FPs for TT, but they were already for 5:30, and we wanted to head to DHS, so we went to the single rider line.

With such a cool line, why is this ride so boring?

Test Track is NOT boring.

I took this for Panic, in honor of her new home

We were both placed in the same car, with a family of 4. The little boy in the family decided he wanted to ride with his sister, so we got to sit together! Bonus! What great Single Rider line luck!

After our stint as crash test dummies, DH said he understood what I was saying about dinosaur. It's a bit more jerky and rough (which I know is what some people hate about it) which (to me) makes it more exciting. Test Track is kind of a snooze fest in comparison. (Though, now he’s claiming he never said that)

After Test Track, we rode Mission Space. It was walk on. What happened that no one likes this ride anymore? It never has a wait when we're there… it used to be a minimum 60 minute wait.

I really have to get over it and just let people pass me in short lines so I can soak in the theming and get better pictures

I wonder if “mission control” is fun? I’d like to try it sometime!

We’re going into Space? Like StarTrek? Ohhhh

(me) you’re such a nerd (dh) that’s why you love me

Space!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: