Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-18-2010, 07:50 PM   #76
Princess_K
DIS Veteran

The I Love Nerds stuff is too cute! I haven't seem it before!

I really enjoy Basin, but like you, I can't usually convince DBF to spend much time in there...must be a guy thing

May 2012...POFQ May 2010...Poly Dec 2008...CSR May 2007...CSR July 2001...Off-site July 1997...CBR July 1995...ASSp
Old 09-19-2010, 11:21 AM   #77
not_Joanna_eggs
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caretames1 View Post
I think it was his sister-in-law!

Carey
Spoiler Alert

Quote:
Originally Posted by Princess_K View Post
The I Love Nerds stuff is too cute! I haven't seem it before!

I really enjoy Basin, but like you, I can't usually convince DBF to spend much time in there...must be a guy thing
It was the first time I saw the I love nerds stuff too. It's so cute. If I was a tween, I'd be all over that. Actually, I'd secretly love it, but be waaaaaay too cool for it.

Yeah, Basin is waaay too girly for DH. They need to take a lesson from Arribas Bros. and have someone using a torch in the middle of the store Though I'm not sure how you would use a torch to make bath stuff...
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-19-2010, 01:12 PM   #78
meeko_33785
Surrounded by characters

I think "I will destroy the crowds for you" is the best caption yet.
Old 09-19-2010, 04:51 PM   #79
not_Joanna_eggs
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by meeko_33785 View Post
I think "I will destroy the crowds for you" is the best caption yet.
One too many "blow 'em up" movies the other night!
Old 09-19-2010, 04:54 PM   #80
not_Joanna_eggs
DIS Veteran

Day 1 - Part 11 - Waking Sleeping Beauty

As I walked back to the room, I was bracing for the argument I was sure I'd be having with DH as I woke him up.

I put my key in the door, took a deep breath, and walked in. I was prepared to jump on the bed and start pleading with DH to wake up.

Imagine my surprise when I walked in the room, and he poked is head out from the balcony and was already dressed and wide awake reading the Hidden Magic book!

Okay Ashton... where are you? I'm 100% sure I'm being Punk'd now!

I couldn't believe my eyes. Note to self - threatening DH with expensive accessories does the trick!

It was a Disney Miracle!

He looked at me and said – I thought you said you’d be back at 7:30. Look – don’t push it buddy! I was so happy!

We headed out to the bus stop to catch a MK bus.

It’s blurry, but I couldn’t believe that after a 3 hr. nap, he was still yawning!

I tried to catch him again, but he was on to me…

Self picture!

I think he was still leery of being awake and trying not to yawn so I couldn’t take a picture.

Have you ever wondered what happens if you forget to take off the zoom on your camera, then try to take a self picture?

I'm keeping an eye on you!

Maybe I was the one that needed the nap!

Soon the bus was on it’s way

I really hate using the MK as a hub to go other places. I just kills me to get so close, and then not go in. As we were pulling into the MK, we started to get nostalgic for the Contemporary and Polynesian. So we talked about doing a monorail tour and stopping at both resorts - we had about 45 minutes until our ADR.

Then my better sense got a hold of me, I just knew we'd get distracted and be late for our ADRs and I had it perfectly timed for the fireworks. So we decided just to take the boat over to the GF.

We walked around the GF grounds a bit - it brought back memories of our wedding trip when we stayed there.

We popped into the gift shop and I saw a print of the Wedding Pavilion. I thought that would be perfect, plus we got 10% off with our APs - bonus! I knew there was a reason we just went to the GF!

We then walked back to Narcoosee's and checked in a bit early. We received a pager, and walked outside.

Just as we did, the Electrical Water Pageant started. I totally forgot about it. We watched it and it brought back memories of the wedding trip as we could see if from our room at BLT.

But, what we didn't realize is that we could only see 1/2 of it from BLT. So we were both shocked to see the 2nd half - with the fish, and the dinosaur and alligator and triton.

We had no idea it was there! No wonder the music lasted so long.

(Okay…. Okay… so maybe DH isn’t the only one who turns off his brain at Disney after all…)

At least we knew to expect the Patriotic Finish…

After the Electrical Water Pageant, we were seated, and we didn't have a proper window seat, but we were seated on the first level facing the window (or I was) very nice.

Very soon, we were seated and had our glasses of wine. (Conundrum if you care…)

We got the civeche for an appetizer. I wasn't a fan. It had some flavor that just wasn't my cup o'tea. But DH really liked it.

As we were eating, Wishes started. We watched it a bit, but as DH said "I've seen this so many times, I think I still remember the order" since we watched it a ton in January.

Then our entrees came -
DH got the Tuna. He said it was okay - not his favorite. I tired it, but it was way too spicy for me.

I got scallops. They were delicious, and there was a yummy corn risotto that they were served with. Yum. DH was jealous.

We were talking to the waiter and found out he got married at the WP too! How cool is that?

DH ordered a specialty coffee. As you can see he woke up to make it to dinner, but he definitely wasn’t awake… (well either that or the coffee was really interesting….)

I got a glass of port

We decided to split dessert and got the crème brulee duo. The flavors were coconut and keylime.

After dinner, we took a bus to downtown Disney.

The bus better come soon, so I can go to sleep!

As you can see, my robot friend successfully destroyed all the crowds. Good robot.

We got back to the room and fell asleep right away. We were so so so so tired and full.
Old 09-19-2010, 07:55 PM   #81
Princess_K
DIS Veteran

Yay! He woke up! I so understand what you say about using the MK as means to get somewhere else. That about kills me too! One year, my brother was playing at a big basketball tournament at the Wide World of Sports, and so we were clearly very close. But unfortunately, we only made it to the MK and AK one day. It literally about did me in!

I love your wedding pavilion print. Good find!

May 2012...POFQ May 2010...Poly Dec 2008...CSR May 2007...CSR July 2001...Off-site July 1997...CBR July 1995...ASSp
Old 09-19-2010, 09:21 PM   #82
norybell
DIS Veteran

I can't believe your DH woke up!

I feel strangely proud of him.

Looks like you had a nice dinner (and yum, Condundrum). Have you eaten at Citrico's? I've been there but not to Narcoosee's...I'm wondering how they compare.
DISNEY TRIPS: 1977 - Vacation Villas 1978-1992 - many trips, all Vacation Villas or Treehouse Villas 1996 - Saratoga Springs August 2001 - YC May 2004 - YC April 2009 - YC October 2009 - CR/YC May 2010 - POR/GF/BWI October 2010 - POR/CSR/Poly January 2011 - CBR/WL April 2011 - Pop/GF/BC May 2011 - Disneyland GCH September 2011 - Poly October 2011 - AKL January 2012 - CR February/March 2012 - POFQ/Poly August 2012 - GF/BWI May 2013 - GF/BWV Sept 2013 - BCV Sept 2014 - ???

TRIP REPORTS:Nory Report III: In the Third Person! Nory and Simba CRAWL through the World: A Sept/Oct 2013 PTR Fleeing Wedding Showers for Epcot Flowers It's a SO-LO trip report!

Old 09-19-2010, 11:06 PM   #83
TwiddleDeeTwiddleDum
Or was that Tweedle Dee & Tweedle Dum? I think my name is plenty long enough!

Good for you going to DTD on a solo tour - nothing wrong with that at all

POFQ 2001 ASMovies 2003 CSR 2003 CBR 2004 with Hurricane Francis!
Swan 2005 ASsports 2008 ASMusic 2010 www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2531836
Old 09-20-2010, 08:37 PM   #84
not_Joanna_eggs
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Yay! He woke up! I so understand what you say about using the MK as means to get somewhere else. That about kills me too! One year, my brother was playing at a big basketball tournament at the Wide World of Sports, and so we were clearly very close. But unfortunately, we only made it to the MK and AK one day. It literally about did me in!

I love your wedding pavilion print. Good find!
I was so shocked that he was awake - I double checked to make sure I wasn't asleep and dreaming It's so hard to be so close but so far away!

The WP print looks so cute in my living room. I'm so happy with it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by norybell View Post
I can't believe your DH woke up!

I feel strangely proud of him.

Looks like you had a nice dinner (and yum, Condundrum). Have you eaten at Citrico's? I've been there but not to Narcoosee's...I'm wondering how they compare.

Haha. I was so proud of him too

Dinner was really good. We did eat at Citricos in March of '09. I liked Narcoosee's better - personally. Citricos seemed more "meat and potatoes" heavier where as Narcoosee's was lighter and more seafood. Both were very good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwiddleDeeTwiddleDum View Post
Good for you going to DTD on a solo tour - nothing wrong with that at all
I felt like I put on my big girl pants for sure. It was fun, maybe one day I'll try a park solo
Old 09-20-2010, 08:42 PM   #85
not_Joanna_eggs
DIS Veteran

Day 2 - Part 1 - Chuga Chuga chooo chooo!

We both managed to sleep in a bit (this is a huge feat for me) until an annoying noise woke me up. (No, it wasn’t DH)

The offending party.

Now that I was awake, I took a shower, and started to read. Eventually, DH got up and poked around for the longest time.

We brought Starbucks Via with us for him, because he’s not a huge fan of the Disney coffee, and I don’t really drink coffee in the mornings. We figured this would save us a ton of money – we were right. He only stopped and bought coffee once. And he actually liked it.

Since he was using my horribly ancient smart phone I took the opportunity to try to convince him that I should upgrade to a new shiny one – before my contract is up. He wasn’t buying it.

You know, this will go a lot faster if you just let me do this!

Come on… put (my bright pink) phone down… and let’s go

Finally we were on our way. Since we didn't make it to the MK the night before, we (okay, DH) decided we should go to the MK so we could ride the train.

Yes, you heard me right, we were going to the MK just to ride the train. There's something wrong with my DH.

Soon, we arrived.

It was decorated for Halloween already. September, nice to meet you – I think we’ll be best friends!

We entered the park, and headed straight up to the train station.

The train was there waiting for us! This made for one happy DH!

Hey sweetie – did you miss me?

We rode the full loop twice.

Bet you can’t guess which picture is mine and which is DH’s

I believe these are set up for the Halloween Party – there’s some sort of “Treat Trail”

I asked DH if he wanted to stay in the park for a while, he said no.

I asked to take a few pictures of the Halloween decorations before we left.

Old 09-20-2010, 10:26 PM   #86
TwiddleDeeTwiddleDum
Or was that Tweedle Dee & Tweedle Dum? I think my name is plenty long enough!

All he wanted to do was ride the choo choo & take pictures of machinery

Wild horses couldn't have gotten me to leave after that teaser! WOW!

You must embrace your urge to tour & do it solo if it has to be. I did this twice on our last trip & it made all of us happier

Oh, & my DS likes to sleep it sounds like as much as your DH

POFQ 2001 ASMovies 2003 CSR 2003 CBR 2004 with Hurricane Francis!
Swan 2005 ASsports 2008 ASMusic 2010 www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2531836
Old 09-21-2010, 07:05 AM   #87
wdwgirl03
I'm just a big Disney Freak! :-)
I will throw a party the day I get a tag!!!
I am pretty wimpy when it comes to thrill rides

HA, that "I love Nerds" stuff is hilarious! It is really cute though.

Love the Halloween decorations at the MK.
'91-Disney villas '93, '95, '97, '99, '01, '02-Polynesian '03-All Star Sports '05-All Star Movies; offsite- Universal/Disney Oct. '06, Dec. '07/Jan. '08-Saratoga Springs May '08-Animal Kingdom Lodge Dec. '08-Beach Club Villas Aug. '09-Villas @ the Wilderness Lodge April '10-Kidani Village Aug. '10-Saratoga Springs Mar. '11-Old Key West Oct. '11-Saratoga Springs April '12-Boardwalk Villas April '13-Bay Lake Tower Aug. '13-Pop Century Dec. '13-Saratoga Springs April '14-Pop Century UPCOMING TRIPS: Dec. '14-DISNEYLAND!!! April '15-VWL!!!
*DVC member since 2006*

Disneyland- '04, '06

Check out my past TRs: Mar./April '11 Oct. '11 CURRENT TR: APRIL '13 TR APRIL '13 PTR facebook Twitter/Instagram:mugirl0307
Old 09-21-2010, 08:57 AM   #88
meeko_33785
Surrounded by characters

I can't believe he actually woke up.

That's cool that you got to see got to see the Water Pagent. I was just trying to remember when I saw it last and I realized that it was almost 9 years ago. It really doesn't feel that long ago. Time sure flies. I have some great memories of it from years ago.

And seriously, you guys only went to the Magic Kingdom to ride the train around the park? Wow. Just... wow. Your husband seems quite the character. Now I'm wondering what you'll do the rest of the day.
Old 09-21-2010, 09:38 AM   #89
Princess_K
DIS Veteran

I love that you went to the MK just to ride the train. Reminds me of my last trip. We went one night, during Spectro, just to ride the peoplemover. Makes for good memories

The MK fall decorations are too cute. I'd love to see it decorated like that some time!

Old 09-21-2010, 08:14 PM   #90
not_Joanna_eggs
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwiddleDeeTwiddleDum View Post
All he wanted to do was ride the choo choo & take pictures of machinery

Wild horses couldn't have gotten me to leave after that teaser! WOW!

You must embrace your urge to tour & do it solo if it has to be. I did this twice on our last trip & it made all of us happier

Oh, & my DS likes to sleep it sounds like as much as your DH
Yeah... DH definitely embraced his inner 6 year old on this trip.

I'm learning that DH and I have fundamentally different vacation styles - I like to explore and do, he likes to sleep. So I might have to work on getting over my fear of the solo exploration.

My DH can sleep more than anyone I've ever met, maybe it's a guy thing?

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdwgirl03 View Post
HA, that "I love Nerds" stuff is hilarious! It is really cute though.

Love the Halloween decorations at the MK.
I really like the I love nerds things. So cute!

This was my first time seeing the Halloween decorations. I wish we could have explored them a bit more. They seemed so cute!

Quote:
Originally Posted by meeko_33785 View Post
I can't believe he actually woke up.

That's cool that you got to see got to see the Water Pagent. I was just trying to remember when I saw it last and I realized that it was almost 9 years ago. It really doesn't feel that long ago. Time sure flies. I have some great memories of it from years ago.

And seriously, you guys only went to the Magic Kingdom to ride the train around the park? Wow. Just... wow. Your husband seems quite the character. Now I'm wondering what you'll do the rest of the day.
Actually, I think he surprised himself!

Yeah, I'm not sure i would seek out the EWP, but it is always fun to see. It's super random though. Before we stayed at BLT in Jan., I hadn't seen it since the 90's. It's so nostalgic!

Seriously, we went to MK just to ride the train. It's what he wanted to do - and I'm way too smart to try to argue with him

There are many times in the course of the normal week where I feel like I'm trapped in a sitcom. Just this weekend, I asked him to clean the wall in the bathroom because it was starting to get black from dirt and moisture. 20 minutes and one huge crash later there was a small hole in my bathroom wall. I ran in and he had a sheepish grin on his face and said he could fix it. So I left him alone... 20 more minutes later, there is a 2X4 hole in my wall - still unfixed He looked and me and shrugged "It's the Tim Taylor syndrome" Yeesh

Quote:
I love that you went to the MK just to ride the train. Reminds me of my last trip. We went one night, during Spectro, just to ride the peoplemover. Makes for good memories

The MK fall decorations are too cute. I'd love to see it decorated like that some time!
I never ever thought I would go to the MK just to ride the train - the people movers okay - but the train

The decorations are totally awesome - if you can make it, definitely do!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: