Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-11-2010, 11:50 AM   #16
wdwgirl03
I'm just a big Disney Freak! :-)
I will throw a party the day I get a tag!!!
I am pretty wimpy when it comes to thrill rides

Woo hoo, thank you for the OKW pictures! It does look beautiful! So excited to stay there. Can't wait to hear about your day.
'91-Disney villas '93, '95, '97, '99, '01, '02-Polynesian '03-All Star Sports '05-All Star Movies; offsite- Universal/Disney Oct. '06, Dec. '07/Jan. '08-Saratoga Springs May '08-Animal Kingdom Lodge Dec. '08-Beach Club Villas Aug. '09-Villas @ the Wilderness Lodge April '10-Kidani Village Aug. '10-Saratoga Springs Mar. '11-Old Key West Oct. '11-Saratoga Springs April '12-Boardwalk Villas April '13-Bay Lake Tower Aug. '13-Pop Century Dec. '13-Saratoga Springs April '14-Pop Century UPCOMING TRIPS: Dec. '14-DISNEYLAND!!! April '15-VWL!!!
*DVC member since 2006*

Disneyland- '04, '06

Check out my past TRs: Mar./April '11 Oct. '11 CURRENT TR: APRIL '13 TR APRIL '13 PTR facebook Twitter/Instagram:mugirl0307
Old 09-11-2010, 06:49 PM   #17
norybell
DIS Veteran

OKW looks beautiful!

I hear ya about the TVs. They must be planning on upgrading them all, right? And it's just taking them forever? It really is ridiculous.
DISNEY TRIPS: 1977 - Vacation Villas 1978-1992 - many trips, all Vacation Villas or Treehouse Villas 1996 - Saratoga Springs August 2001 - YC May 2004 - YC April 2009 - YC October 2009 - CR/YC May 2010 - POR/GF/BWI October 2010 - POR/CSR/Poly January 2011 - CBR/WL April 2011 - Pop/GF/BC May 2011 - Disneyland GCH September 2011 - Poly October 2011 - AKL January 2012 - CR February/March 2012 - POFQ/Poly August 2012 - GF/BWI May 2013 - GF/BWV Sept 2013 - BCV Sept 2014 - ???

TRIP REPORTS:Nory Report III: In the Third Person! Nory and Simba CRAWL through the World: A Sept/Oct 2013 PTR Fleeing Wedding Showers for Epcot Flowers It's a SO-LO trip report!

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-11-2010, 11:11 PM   #18
TwiddleDeeTwiddleDum
Or was that Tweedle Dee & Tweedle Dum? I think my name is plenty long enough!

Our family is like your DH, only we call it going on a "pop" run. It'll take us hours to come back from running up to the store to buy some pop (soda, coke, whatever they call it in your neck of the woods). Although we all do pretty good when it comes to catching a plane or arriving for dinner

Looking forward to hearing how your day at AK went

POFQ 2001 ASMovies 2003 CSR 2003 CBR 2004 with Hurricane Francis!
Swan 2005 ASsports 2008 ASMusic 2010 www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2531836
Old 09-11-2010, 11:29 PM   #19
crissy1974
Mouseketeer

Some people read books when they can't sleep...........................I read WDW trip reports. I love them. I read the first entry and then decide from there. I can't wait to hear about the rest of your trip!

Pics of OKW are great. Looks like an awesome resort.

Sept. 1999 - Dixie Landings
Aug. 2008 - All Star Movies; Dec. 2009 - POFQ
Oct. 2010 - POFQ ; Nov. 2011 - POFQ
Nov./Dec. 2012 - CBR (unless I find opening for POFQ)

Old 09-11-2010, 11:50 PM   #20
portobello_rd
Mouseketeer

i love reading your trip reports. i just joined the boards and i think i read all of your trip reports in about an hour. so im in on this one. also nice to see a fellow Wisconsinier. Wisconsinite?
Old 09-12-2010, 11:03 AM   #21
wlake
DIS Veteran

Love your pictures of OKW! It looks like that might be the resort to lure us away from POR!
Old 09-12-2010, 11:04 AM   #22
Caretames1
Mom & Crazed Planner

HELLOOO WISCONSIN

Subbing in! Central WI here

Carey
Wake Up! SURPRISE, We're going to Disney World....TODAY Sept 2011 TRhttp://www.disboards.com/showthread....9#post42811539
"Momma, I got to dance with Flynn Ryder!" Our January 2011 TR.http://www.disboards.com/showthread....1#post39775931
First Ever Trip to Disney World 1/23/2009 (POR) 6 days
Back to Disney World 1/21/2011 (POR) 10 days

Shhh! Suprise MNSSHP Trip 9/21/2011 (POP) 5 days
Surprise...AGAIN! 11/1/12 (AoA) 11 days
ME: Carey DH: John DD: Kadence (10) DD: Samantha (20)
Old 09-12-2010, 01:54 PM   #23
Princess_K
DIS Veteran

How did I miss this? I'm so glad to have found another one of your TRs.

Old Key West looks nice. We took a bus there to take a boat to DTD in May, and I was curious about what the rooms looked like. That's funny about that high bed.

Looking forward to the next update!
Old 09-12-2010, 02:20 PM   #24
not_Joanna_eggs
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdwgirl03 View Post
Woo hoo, thank you for the OKW pictures! It does look beautiful! So excited to stay there. Can't wait to hear about your day.
Haha... I figured you'd like the pictures

Quote:
Originally Posted by norybell View Post
OKW looks beautiful!

I hear ya about the TVs. They must be planning on upgrading them all, right? And it's just taking them forever? It really is ridiculous.
I really liked OKW. I wasn't expecting much, I figured it would be like SSR - nice, but way too big. Maybe it was the location of our room, but I didn't feel like OKW was giant, even though I know it is.

The TVs totally don't make or break a vacation, I just think it's a bad show of face on Disney's part. I know some resorts have the new TVs (like BLT) so hopefully they'll eventually upgrade them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwiddleDeeTwiddleDum View Post
Our family is like your DH, only we call it going on a "pop" run. It'll take us hours to come back from running up to the store to buy some pop (soda, coke, whatever they call it in your neck of the woods). Although we all do pretty good when it comes to catching a plane or arriving for dinner

Looking forward to hearing how your day at AK went
Glad to know other people suffer from that vortex too. (and I'm in the small pocket of WI that calls it "soda" ) DH was 5 hrs late to our second date

You're in luck - the first AK update should be up shortly!

Quote:
Originally Posted by crissy1974 View Post
Some people read books when they can't sleep...........................I read WDW trip reports. I love them. I read the first entry and then decide from there. I can't wait to hear about the rest of your trip!

Pics of OKW are great. Looks like an awesome resort.
I do that with TRs too - read TRs when I can't sleep and read the first entry to decide. Glad mine passed your "test" and you're on board

I was skeptical of OKW when we booked, we booked late, and it was one of the only resorts available. But I would stay there again in a heartbeat. It was lovely.

Quote:
Originally Posted by portobello_rd View Post
i love reading your trip reports. i just joined the boards and i think i read all of your trip reports in about an hour. so im in on this one. also nice to see a fellow Wisconsinier. Wisconsinite?
First off Welcome, and congratulations to you for not being sick of my yammering yet! There's quite a little group of us Wisconsinites (I had to google it it make sure - but I think that's the right one ) on here. It's so fun to "meet" people from WI on DIS. Makes me feel not so alone in my obsession

Quote:
Originally Posted by wlake View Post
Love your pictures of OKW! It looks like that might be the resort to lure us away from POR!
Hi and Welcome. I haven't stayed at POR yet, but we might be soon! We've toured POR FQ and really liked it. OKW might be a good variety for you. Our DVC advocate told us, since it was the first DVC resort the rooms were the biggest. We definitely could tell that. The extra space was nice. Plus you still have the boat to DTD and a dedicated bus. We both really liked it and will definitely be staying there again!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caretames1 View Post
HELLOOO WISCONSIN

Subbing in! Central WI here

Carey
Hellooooooooooooooo.... I'd so rather be associated with That 70's show than Happy Days!

Hello to another Wisconsinite! Glad to have you on board
Old 09-12-2010, 02:26 PM   #25
not_Joanna_eggs
DIS Veteran

Day 1 - Part 3 - Exploring Asia

The bus was crowded; we got the last two seats! We had little hope for the park being not crowded, but nearly everyone got off at Blizzard Beach.

Soon, we were through the gates and soaking the loveliness that is DAK

Soon, the Tree of Life was in sight. I seriously could just spend all day staring at it pointing out all the different animals.

What can I say, I’m easily amused?

I suppose now is as good of a time as any to explain the title of the TR, since I’m pretty sure it was the first time it happened this trip….DH was still sleepy, and therefore very dopey. I was hot and therefore crabby therefore….this conversation took place at least 3 dozen times this trip
Me: "What do you want to do?"
DH: "I don't know"
Me: "Do you want to go on (insert ride here)
DH: "I don't care"
Me: "Do you want to stay here"
DH: "I Don't know"
Me: "Fine let's go on (insert ride here)"
DH: "I don't want to"
Me: "Okay, what do you want to do?"
DH: "I don't know"
Me: "That's not helpful, you need to make a decision"
DH: "I'm relaxing"
Me: "Well, can you un-relax and at least turn on your brain a little?"
DH: "You're grumpy"
Me with full fledged exasperation in my voice "Because you're Dopey"
DH: "I'm not Dopey"
Me:"What do you want to do?"
DH:"I don't know"
At this point I would charge off in the direction of whichever ride or whatever I wanted to do, and he would follow asking "why are you mad?"

I'm sure people thought we were nuts or that we hated each other. Which is not the case. He just literally turned his brain totally off, it was so frustrating.

Where did I storm of to this time?

Along the way, I stopped to let sleepy catch up, and take in the prettiness

This is my summer house (my real house is in Epcot’s China)

Soon our destination came into view

One of the things in the Hidden Magic view, is how well Asia’s Corporate Sponsor is placed and hidden in plain sight.

Suddenly, I want a Pepsi!

There was something about this truck in the Hidden Magic Book – but I’m too lazy to go look up what it is about it to remember why I took a picture of it.

Wow.. I bet you’re thinking… are they at Everest yet? No? Maybe you’re thinking “Mmmmm Tacos”

Once we made it to Everest, the wait was only 20 minutes, but we were sweating already, so we decided to grab fast passes and head to the Kali river rapids.
Old 09-12-2010, 02:38 PM   #26
norybell
DIS Veteran

I love your summer house! You should totally invite me over some weekend. I'll bring the beer. And the Pepsi.
DISNEY TRIPS: 1977 - Vacation Villas 1978-1992 - many trips, all Vacation Villas or Treehouse Villas 1996 - Saratoga Springs August 2001 - YC May 2004 - YC April 2009 - YC October 2009 - CR/YC May 2010 - POR/GF/BWI October 2010 - POR/CSR/Poly January 2011 - CBR/WL April 2011 - Pop/GF/BC May 2011 - Disneyland GCH September 2011 - Poly October 2011 - AKL January 2012 - CR February/March 2012 - POFQ/Poly August 2012 - GF/BWI May 2013 - GF/BWV Sept 2013 - BCV Sept 2014 - ???

TRIP REPORTS:Nory Report III: In the Third Person! Nory and Simba CRAWL through the World: A Sept/Oct 2013 PTR Fleeing Wedding Showers for Epcot Flowers It's a SO-LO trip report!

Old 09-12-2010, 03:46 PM   #27
not_Joanna_eggs
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Princess_K View Post
How did I miss this? I'm so glad to have found another one of your TRs.

Old Key West looks nice. We took a bus there to take a boat to DTD in May, and I was curious about what the rooms looked like. That's funny about that high bed.

Looking forward to the next update!
Whoops - don't know how I missed your comment. Sorry. It should be know that this is what happens when you come late to one of my TRs Okay, not really at all - I have no idea why I missed it. Sorry.

Thanks for reading along. The rooms at OKW were nice and large - they were just built for giants and high jumpers

Quote:
Originally Posted by norybell View Post
I love your summer house! You should totally invite me over some weekend. I'll bring the beer. And the Pepsi.
Haha! You can come on over any time ~ especially if you bring the beer
Old 09-12-2010, 03:55 PM   #28
GSD4ME
As old as Tigger

Enjoying your TR so far - LOVE the title!!! It sounds like a conversation DH and I would have. We're staying at POR and AKL on our next trip in just 27 more days - WOO-HOO! Can't wait to hear more about your "quickie" adventures.

"That's just freaky; that's what that is." - from Disney's "Tarzan"

Old 09-12-2010, 07:28 PM   #29
not_Joanna_eggs
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by GSD4ME View Post
Enjoying your TR so far - LOVE the title!!! It sounds like a conversation DH and I would have. We're staying at POR and AKL on our next trip in just 27 more days - WOO-HOO! Can't wait to hear more about your "quickie" adventures.
Hello there! Thanks for joining in! So jealous for your upcoming trip! Sounds like it will be fun we love AKL!

So, the football game is just sad.... so you get two updates today. The Eagles misfortune is your gain...
Old 09-12-2010, 07:34 PM   #30
not_Joanna_eggs
DIS Veteran

Day 1 - Part 4 - Braving the Rapids

We headed to Kali River rapids, and the line was non-existent.

The line was moving really fast, I kind of wish we could have gone slower. But the people behind us were rushing. So I just was clicking away with the camera.

Some came out good… but some just came out creepy

Finally we slowed down and DH said to me – did they change the line to Everest? I thought there was yeti stuff here before.

Um…. We’re not at Everest…

Ohhh….

In line, I asked DH to give me my poncho. He wears cargo shorts, and we try to travel without a bag, so he's in charge of holding everything. He asks me why I need the poncho. I explained that I didn't want to get soaked. He said "well isn't that the point, it's hot out" I said, yes, but I also don't think the world needs to know what color bra I'm wearing. He gave me the poncho and proceeded to make fun of me. Telling everyone I was a cheater.

For such a hot day, the line moved really fast. I hadn't been on this ride in years, because we always come during cold seasons when we really really don't want to get wet. It was quite fun actually. We got splashed pretty good, I had the hood down on my poncho, so I got wet too. Wet is okay, soaked isn't fun.

As we're leaving, DH says, "My underwear is soaking wet" I said, "see - who's the weirdo now?"

After Kali, we had the afore mentioned conversation again, and then headed to the Jungle trek. It was so hot, the animals weren't active at all.

DH was mad jealous of this guy – he wanted to be napping too

This is such a cool themed drinking fountain (okay since I have so many Wisconsin readers, I’ll be honest – it’s not a drinking fountain, it’s a bubbler. Okay I said it… I feel better now…)

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: