Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-03-2010, 12:01 PM   #151
not_Joanna_eggs
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhioDisneyLover View Post
It looks and sounds like you were able to get a lot done at MK. I love when that happens.

Can't wat to hear more.
Yeah, it didn't look hopeful at the MK when we were in Tomorrowland, but ultimately, we were able to get a lot in. I love when that happens too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwiddleDeeTwiddleDum View Post
I had to look several times but I found him! Now I know where to look next time we go - thank-you!

Your final destination, was that Fulton Crab House?????
Yay! He's hard to see in that picture, but he is there. Good luck finding him when you go.

Yep! We had lunch ADRs at Fultons (yummmm!)
Old 10-03-2010, 12:03 PM   #152
not_Joanna_eggs
DIS Veteran

Day 3 - Part 2 - World of Disney Daze

Our ADRs at Fultons were for 11:40, but we decided to just check in early. Unfortunately the restaurant wasn't open yet, so we kept walking. We headed to the Lego Store.

It was mobbed! Dh walked around a bit and ogled some of the legos on display

Star Wars and legos it’s a marriage made in nerd heaven

But it was too crowded to do anything, so we left pretty quickly.

So we ended up at WOD. That store is just so fun to walk around.

Yo Ho, Yo Ho… Mickey’s life for me!

Say Cheese!

I want to live in this country!

DH looked and me and said, “They have the bags you want here right?”
I said, “yes, but you woke up, so I’ll get it later.”
To which he replied, “Yeah, but if you want it, you can get it. I’m sorry I’ve been so sleepy.”
Awwww…
I took DH to the room where they house the D& B bags, to show him the D&B bag I wanted - and they didn't have the princess collection at all! I was heartbroken!
He kept asking me if I wanted another bag, I considered it, but I really wanted a bag the Princess Collection bag, so I decided to wait.

I told him he could buy me this necklace as a consolation prize

But he didn’t go for it….

I don’t know why Tink looks like she wants to escape. I would love to be trapped in a room with D&B bags and expensive jewelry.

Okay, this room is creepy – what’s with the villain hands

We wandered around a little more. These lanterns are so cute!

IMG]http://i450.photobucket.com/albums/qq230/pheifej/September/IMG_0426.jpg[/IMG]

I kept trying to remember to “look up”

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-03-2010, 12:28 PM   #153
Princess_K
DIS Veteran

That stinks they didn't have the D&B bag you want. I hope you find it later in the trip! But how sweet of your DH for remembering

May 2012...POFQ May 2010...Poly Dec 2008...CSR May 2007...CSR July 2001...Off-site July 1997...CBR July 1995...ASSp
Old 10-04-2010, 06:46 PM   #154
not_Joanna_eggs
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Princess_K View Post
That stinks they didn't have the D&B bag you want. I hope you find it later in the trip! But how sweet of your DH for remembering
I was so bummed they didn't have the bag I wanted. I was surprised they didn't have the collection at all. Unfortunately, this was the end of the trip, so I didn't get it - but we're going back in a couple weeks, so fingers crossed he remembers then too
Old 10-04-2010, 06:48 PM   #155
not_Joanna_eggs
DIS Veteran

Day 3 - Part 3 - Lunch at Fultons

Soon it was time for our ADRs, so we headed back to Fultons.

We were seated in the downstairs bar area, and had a window table. Nice view!

Hmmmmm….. what should be have?

First, they yummy crab cheese dip stuff. Mmmm

Bottoms Up!

I’ll drink to that!

We still weren't super hungry from our dinner at Yachtsman, so we decided to order the seafood tower appetizer. Lots of chilled seafood. Mmmmm…

Mmmmm seafood…

Of course, DH ordered coffee. Even though he was more awake than I had seen him on the entire trip!

Not that this picture shows that…

Need Coffee to liiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiive!

Fulton's doesn't accept TIW, but they do have an AP discount of 20% at lunch! It was the perfect amount of food, and we had a great view.

Plus the restaurant was nearly empty –which is more than I can say for DTD. I don’t remember it being this crowded the other times we visited.

Old 10-05-2010, 08:42 AM   #156
meeko_33785
Surrounded by characters

That is really nice view from your table. And that seafood tower is an appetizer? I can definitely see how that alone would be plenty for a meal- especially after a big steak dinner the night before.
Old 10-05-2010, 01:26 PM   #157
Princess_K
DIS Veteran

Fulton's looks good! And what a nice way to escape the craziness from outside!

May 2012...POFQ May 2010...Poly Dec 2008...CSR May 2007...CSR July 2001...Off-site July 1997...CBR July 1995...ASSp
Old 10-05-2010, 06:32 PM   #158
not_Joanna_eggs
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by meeko_33785 View Post
That is really nice view from your table. And that seafood tower is an appetizer? I can definitely see how that alone would be plenty for a meal- especially after a big steak dinner the night before.
The table was really nice, and the view was great! Yes, the seafood tower is an appetizer, but I can't imagine eating anything more after it. It was quite yummy!

Quote:
Fulton's looks good! And what a nice way to escape the craziness from outside!
Fulton's is one of our favorites. We try to get there every few trips!
Old 10-05-2010, 06:35 PM   #159
not_Joanna_eggs
DIS Veteran

Day 3 - Part 4 - Westward Ho!

After lunch, we had about 30 minutes before we needed to catch the ME, and I still needed to get my mom cotton candy in the tub- the woman is addicted!

Instead of trekking back into the crowds of the Marketplace, I suggested we check out the West Side since we were there, and if they didn't have it, I knew the shop at the resort did.

I can't decide if I want to do flights of Wonder. It sounds fun, and you know DH's 80+ year old grandma did it, but I'm not the biggest fan of heights. Maybe some day!

We headed to D Street first

The store was cute, but I’m still resisting vynlmations.

Then the glass gallery - I loved these glasses!

Then the Candy Culdron to pick up my mom's cotton candy.

They had the cutest Halloween stuff out. I can't wait to go in October!

Oh, if we hadn’t been so full from lunch and getting on a plane in a few hours…

Is it just me, or is it kind of weird for a candy store to be themed for something poisonous and then have vials of the supposed poison displayed. Just saying.

Mission accomplished, we kept walking around.

We stopped at Magentron on the way back.

That store was just really weird.

I wasn't a huge fan of the West Side. It was very commercial and not Disney at all. Not that there's anything wrong with that, it was just a far cry from the Marketplace.

Old 10-05-2010, 07:51 PM   #160
norybell
DIS Veteran

Wow, I go out of town for a few days, and you post a gazillion updates!

Sorry to hear about your breakdown! I'm sure, though, that we've all been there. I know I've shed tears at WDW, usually over something that typically wouldn't be such a big deal...

I blame it on overexcitement.

That seafood platter looks amazing! I would like one now, please!
DISNEY TRIPS: 1977 - Vacation Villas 1978-1992 - many trips, all Vacation Villas or Treehouse Villas 1996 - Saratoga Springs August 2001 - YC May 2004 - YC April 2009 - YC October 2009 - CR/YC May 2010 - POR/GF/BWI October 2010 - POR/CSR/Poly January 2011 - CBR/WL April 2011 - Pop/GF/BC May 2011 - Disneyland GCH September 2011 - Poly October 2011 - AKL January 2012 - CR February/March 2012 - POFQ/Poly August 2012 - GF/BWI May 2013 - GF/BWV Sept 2013 - BCV Sept 2014 - ???

TRIP REPORTS:Nory Report III: In the Third Person! Nory and Simba CRAWL through the World: A Sept/Oct 2013 PTR Fleeing Wedding Showers for Epcot Flowers It's a SO-LO trip report!

Old 10-06-2010, 07:11 AM   #161
wdwgirl03
I'm just a big Disney Freak! :-)
I will throw a party the day I get a tag!!!
I am pretty wimpy when it comes to thrill rides

Bummer they didn't have the princess bag you wanted. It does look super cute though in the few pictures I've seen.

I really want to do the balloon! I think I might go for it in March.

Fulton's...I remember on one of our first trips we did a character breakfast there!
'91-Disney villas '93, '95, '97, '99, '01, '02-Polynesian '03-All Star Sports '05-All Star Movies; offsite- Universal/Disney Oct. '06, Dec. '07/Jan. '08-Saratoga Springs May '08-Animal Kingdom Lodge Dec. '08-Beach Club Villas Aug. '09-Villas @ the Wilderness Lodge April '10-Kidani Village Aug. '10-Saratoga Springs Mar. '11-Old Key West Oct. '11-Saratoga Springs April '12-Boardwalk Villas April '13-Bay Lake Tower Aug. '13-Pop Century Dec. '13-Saratoga Springs April '14-Pop Century UPCOMING TRIPS: Dec. '14-DISNEYLAND!!! April '15-VWL!!!
*DVC member since 2006*

Disneyland- '04, '06

Check out my past TRs: Mar./April '11 Oct. '11 CURRENT TR: APRIL '13 TR APRIL '13 PTR facebook Twitter/Instagram:mugirl0307
Old 10-06-2010, 07:31 AM   #162
meeko_33785
Surrounded by characters

I always thought the whole poison theme was an odd choice for a candy store too. I can kind of see where they were coming from with the carmel apple/ poison apple connection, but it's still weird.
Old 10-06-2010, 07:53 AM   #163
Princess_K
DIS Veteran

I agree with you... the westside has a whole different vibe. I much prefer the marketplace!

That candy looked really good! They do such good jobs with decorating

Old 10-06-2010, 07:43 PM   #164
not_Joanna_eggs
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by norybell View Post
Wow, I go out of town for a few days, and you post a gazillion updates!

Sorry to hear about your breakdown! I'm sure, though, that we've all been there. I know I've shed tears at WDW, usually over something that typically wouldn't be such a big deal...

I blame it on overexcitement.

That seafood platter looks amazing! I would like one now, please!
I'm trying to get this TR done before the next trip. So sorry to make you read a gazillion updates - then again shame on you for having a life outside of Dis and going away

Yeah, there is definitely an over-stimulation that goes on at Disney - even for adults. I can't even imagine what it's like for small children.

The seafood platter was yummy. I do wish it had more crab on it though

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdwgirl03 View Post
Bummer they didn't have the princess bag you wanted. It does look super cute though in the few pictures I've seen.

I really want to do the balloon! I think I might go for it in March.

Fulton's...I remember on one of our first trips we did a character breakfast there!
They didn't have the princess bags in the MK either? Not sure why... I would have gotten one!

Ohh you'll definately have to try the balloon. Grandma loved it, so it can't be too bad

I have NO recollection of character breakfasts at Fultons. We would always go there for lunch on our last day when I was little - kind of a tradition.

Quote:
Originally Posted by meeko_33785 View Post
I always thought the whole poison theme was an odd choice for a candy store too. I can kind of see where they were coming from with the carmel apple/ poison apple connection, but it's still weird.
Thank you - this is what I'm saying!

I'll admit, I saw the old-lady evil queen and immediately thought of apples, but come on - they were POISON. Not the most genius marketing there

Quote:
I agree with you... the westside has a whole different vibe. I much prefer the marketplace!

That candy looked really good! They do such good jobs with decorating
There's something homey and safe about the marketplace. I want to try Bongos and Disney Quest and Flights of Wonder, but other than that, I don't see us spending too much time over there.

Seriously, I'm so glad we went to the candy store when I was full. Otherwise it would have been bad. It all looks so pretty and yummy.
Old 10-06-2010, 07:48 PM   #165
not_Joanna_eggs
DIS Veteran

Day 3 - Part 5 - Saying goodby to Old Key West

We got on the 1:00 boat, and headed back for OKW.

Sad, our last Disney ride of the trip

But happy that we were on track to not miss the ME! Our ME time was 1:50. We had almost an hour to go...

Soon we were back at OKW

We still had plenty of time to spare, so we went in the store for a bit.

I tried to talk DH into this DVC ornament, but he told me I already got an ornament for the trip and we didn’t need to go overboard.

I was kind of disappointed how small this store is.

I wish my new car had an antennae. This would be mine!

Hey there cutie!

I tried to talk DH into getting this hat for himself. He said no.

We still had some time, so we took a little walk.

There were a lot of cool things here, it would have been nice if we’d have been there longer

We thought about it, but it was a little early to stop for a drink

Then it was time to head over wait for the bus.

Finally, we got our bags from Bell services, and waited for the ME bus.

We made it, with time to spare!

I realized that I forgot to get my traditional chocolate covered almonds for the trip home. I glanced at the General Store

Then at my watch

3 minutes to spare. Given our luck lately, I decided not to chance it.

So we waited, and waited. Hello bus - we're here…. Where are you?

After about 10 minutes, we were getting worried - did we miss it again?

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: