Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-28-2010, 07:42 PM   #136
Princess_K
DIS Veteran

I love the TTA as much as the next person, but I have to agree that there had to be some disappointed people that night. What a line!

I really like Philharmagic, but i absolutely hate when people just stop in the middle. I mean, they say move to the other side about a million times. Oh well...what can you do?

May 2012...POFQ May 2010...Poly Dec 2008...CSR May 2007...CSR July 2001...Off-site July 1997...CBR July 1995...ASSp
Old 09-28-2010, 09:05 PM   #137
portobello_rd
Mouseketeer

ugh. UGH. brett favre. massive tool. anywho. glad you're eating steak again. its not right that someone from wisconsin doesnt inhale beef in any form.

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-28-2010, 10:40 PM   #138
TwiddleDeeTwiddleDum
Or was that Tweedle Dee & Tweedle Dum? I think my name is plenty long enough!

All caught up, I really enjoy your sense of humor. Instead of Dopey, your DH reminds me more of Sleepy these last couple installments you've written! Lord have mercy I hope he never gets ahold of some whacky weed, he'll never wake up

I can relate to the melt down, I had one of them myself on our last trip. You're around all these happy people & yet on the verge of tears you do wonder what is the matter with me It sounds like you had a case of heat stroke (is that what you meant by sun poisening?) You probably weren't drinking enough water either. I'm glad you felt better & made it to your dinner at Yachtmens afterall and your evening didn't end there, although your luck didn't seem to be too good in tomorrowland

Now what's this about not liking Pooh? For shame

I'm not lame!

POFQ 2001 ASMovies 2003 CSR 2003 CBR 2004 with Hurricane Francis!
Swan 2005 ASsports 2008 ASMusic 2010 www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2531836
Old 09-29-2010, 06:49 AM   #139
wdwgirl03
I'm just a big Disney Freak! :-)
I will throw a party the day I get a tag!!!
I am pretty wimpy when it comes to thrill rides

Aww that really stinks about the RNRC/Hollywood Studios stuff. Atleast you still made it to Yachtsman. Gotta love the comment about the meat and cheese being a good choice for you guys. Yep, all us Wisconsinites care about are meat and cheese.

20 minutes for TTA?! That is crazy!
'91-Disney villas '93, '95, '97, '99, '01, '02-Polynesian '03-All Star Sports '05-All Star Movies; offsite- Universal/Disney Oct. '06, Dec. '07/Jan. '08-Saratoga Springs May '08-Animal Kingdom Lodge Dec. '08-Beach Club Villas Aug. '09-Villas @ the Wilderness Lodge April '10-Kidani Village Aug. '10-Saratoga Springs Mar. '11-Old Key West Oct. '11-Saratoga Springs April '12-Boardwalk Villas April '13-Bay Lake Tower Aug. '13-Pop Century Dec. '13-Saratoga Springs UPCOMING TRIP: April '14-Pop Century
*DVC member since 2006*

Disneyland- '04, '06

Check out my past TRs: Mar./April '11 Oct. '11 CURRENT TR: APRIL '13 TR APRIL '13 PTR facebook Twitter/Instagram:mugirl0307
Old 09-29-2010, 07:52 AM   #140
meeko_33785
Surrounded by characters

I don't think I've ever seen a line that long at the TTA. Did the park feel more crowded than usual or was the long line there just a fluke? How very odd.
Old 09-29-2010, 08:24 AM   #141
Yankeemouse
Mouseketeer

really enjoying your trip report! You and your hubby are adorable. I'm going to have to read your earlier reports!
Old 09-29-2010, 06:10 PM   #142
not_Joanna_eggs
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Princess_K View Post
I love the TTA as much as the next person, but I have to agree that there had to be some disappointed people that night. What a line!

I really like Philharmagic, but i absolutely hate when people just stop in the middle. I mean, they say move to the other side about a million times. Oh well...what can you do?
Seriously. TTA is one of my favorites, it's such a relaxing ride, but I can't imagine waiting for it!

Yes, we ran into the "stoppers" a lot. Then they have the nerve to mean mug you for crawling over them. Grrrr...

Quote:
Originally Posted by portobello_rd View Post
ugh. UGH. brett favre. massive tool. anywho. glad you're eating steak again. its not right that someone from wisconsin doesnt inhale beef in any form.
It's so funny - hatred of Farve is now a "bonding" topic of conversation - when it used to be blasphemy!

What can I say, I'm a Milwaukeean that's allergic to beer - the beef thing was the least of my worries

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwiddleDeeTwiddleDum View Post
All caught up, I really enjoy your sense of humor. Instead of Dopey, your DH reminds me more of Sleepy these last couple installments you've written! Lord have mercy I hope he never gets ahold of some whacky weed, he'll never wake up

I can relate to the melt down, I had one of them myself on our last trip. You're around all these happy people & yet on the verge of tears you do wonder what is the matter with me It sounds like you had a case of heat stroke (is that what you meant by sun poisening?) You probably weren't drinking enough water either. I'm glad you felt better & made it to your dinner at Yachtmens afterall and your evening didn't end there, although your luck didn't seem to be too good in tomorrowland

Now what's this about not liking Pooh? For shame

I'm not lame!

Thanks for reading - glad you're enjoying it!

Yeah, he definately had some Sleepy in him this trip. That boy loves his sleep. When I told him the plan for December was to go to the parks for rope drop he looked at me like I had just said I was divorcing him or "I hate Sunshine"

I had a rash on my torso and legs, and the sense of nausea, and my sunburn was blistering. I've always called that sun poisining. Not sure what the difference between that and heat stroke is I hated the meltdown, but it woke DH up a bit, so it wasn't all bad. Tomorrowland was a total bust. I've never seen lines like that it was nuts!

Sorry - I just have never like Pooh. Not sure why? It's probally me that's lame - not you. Look at the bright side, that just means the line is one person shorter for you right?

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdwgirl03 View Post
Aww that really stinks about the RNRC/Hollywood Studios stuff. Atleast you still made it to Yachtsman. Gotta love the comment about the meat and cheese being a good choice for you guys. Yep, all us Wisconsinites care about are meat and cheese.

20 minutes for TTA?! That is crazy!
That RNRC line was just stupid. The posted standby line was 70 minutes. We waited for 60 in the single rider line - what's the point? The meltdown was not my proudest moment, but I fet much better after it. I think I just needed a release.

Well to be fair, meat, dairy and beer are all I ever think about

I've never seen such insanity in my WDW days. I could not belive the line!

Quote:
Originally Posted by meeko_33785 View Post
I don't think I've ever seen a line that long at the TTA. Did the park feel more crowded than usual or was the long line there just a fluke? How very odd.
I don't think I'd ever seen a line at the TTA period It was so crazy.

Mainstreet didn't feel overly crowded and neither did Adventureland or Fronteirland, but Tomorrowland and Fantasyland were akin to a sardine can. I don't know if it was the construction, or the fact that COP and the Laugh Floor were both closed for the night or what, but tomorrowland was like uncomfortable crowded.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yankeemouse View Post
really enjoying your trip report! You and your hubby are adorable. I'm going to have to read your earlier reports!
Hello there. Thanks for reading along! Glad you're enjoying it - I've got to build up my readership - we still have 3 more trips to go before the end of January!
Old 09-29-2010, 09:32 PM   #143
not_Joanna_eggs
DIS Veteran

Day 2 - Part 11 - Ghostly Encounters of the Tired Kind

After PhilharMagic, we wandered around the MK for a while

The first attraction that didn’t have a 45 minute wait was the Haunted Mansion.

We decided to give it a go, because there was a whole section on it in the Hidden Magic book, and DH wanted to see all the stuff.

We entered line, and DH was taken over by a (not-so) happy haunt

um…. Why are you glowing?

There was even a little bit of a wait for the HM, not TTA crazy, but still longer than I’ve ever waited.

It was kind of fun in our little Doom Buggy, DH was pointing out all this stuff that he read about. It was cool how excited he was. Leave it to DH to finally start getting perky, awake and excited after midnight

We couldn’t see it since it was so dark, but in the photo you can kind of see Mr. Toad.

After HM, wandered through Liberty Square.

2 Lanterns – in honor of Paul Revere

We headed to BTMRR – there was absolutely no line. It’s a world gone mad! 20 minute line for the TTA and no line for BTMRR??

We like RAN through the line because people were right on top of us, but if we’d stop to let them through, they would just look at us as if we’d gone mad and not pass. I’m not sure they spoke English.

It was obnoxious, they hadn’t changed the queue from the day – so there was a million little crannies that we had to weave through.

’’

I see blurry things!

We got to the front of the line and were ushered directly to the empty corral for the last car. There were people in what I assume was the GAC line, and we ended up waiting for 2 more cars. And the people behind us were yelling at us. Um… yeah, it’s our choice not to get on the ride.

Whatever

Um… anytime now…

Finally, we ended up riding and had a fabulous time as always. After BTMRR, we debated going on Splash, but we just didn’t want to get wet, so we kept heading in our circle, and decided to take a ride on Pirates.

Can you tell I was getting tired? I couldn’t take an in-focus picture to save my life.

After that, we were beat, and it was almost 1 (the end of EMH that night), so although we briefly discussed a ride on Jungle Cruise, we just headed out.

An OKW bus came about 5 minutes after we arrived and we were soon on our way back to the resort. We marveled at all we got accomplished that day. I'm starting to worry about what we're going to do in December when we have 10 days (yeah, you should feel so sorry for me! )

Anyway, once back at the resort I discovered my rash and exactly how red I was. Not good! After a long exhausting emotionally draining day, we snuggled into bed and headed into dream land.
Old 09-30-2010, 09:18 AM   #144
Princess_K
DIS Veteran

I would say you certainly had a full day! I've always wanted to stay out really late at one of the parks, but the last few trips I've been on, the parks haven't been open that late Looking forward to your next update!

May 2012...POFQ May 2010...Poly Dec 2008...CSR May 2007...CSR July 2001...Off-site July 1997...CBR July 1995...ASSp
Old 09-30-2010, 09:26 AM   #145
meeko_33785
Surrounded by characters

Wow, what a long day. I bet you were tired.

Quote:
Originally Posted by not_Joanna_eggs View Post
We like RAN through the line because people were right on top of us, but if we’d stop to let them through, they would just look at us as if we’d gone mad and not pass. I’m not sure they spoke English.

It was obnoxious, they hadn’t changed the queue from the day – so there was a million little crannies that we had to weave through.

’’

I see blurry things!

LOL at "I see blury things". Did you take these as you were running through the queue?
Old 09-30-2010, 01:52 PM   #146
TwiddleDeeTwiddleDum

Quote:
Sorry - I just have never like Pooh. Not sure why? It's probally me that's lame - not you. Look at the bright side, that just means the line is one person shorter for you right?
Aw shucks, I wasn't saying either of us were lame, I put a tigger icon in there to defend pooh since I couldn't find a pooh one to say he wasn't lame

ANYWAY please tell me EXACTLY where in that picture is Mr. Toad? DH LOVED Mr. Toad & was totally DISGUSTED when Winnie the Pooh took over his space. I guess he thought Pooh was lame too well, that was before we had our son who LOVED pooh when he was 4.

Now I have been able to show him owl taking over the "deed" from Mr. Toad in the winnie the pooh ride, but never been able to spot him at HM, my DH's all time favorite ride.

So please do tell where he is!!!!

Old 09-30-2010, 07:30 PM   #147
not_Joanna_eggs
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Princess_K View Post
I would say you certainly had a full day! I've always wanted to stay out really late at one of the parks, but the last few trips I've been on, the parks haven't been open that late Looking forward to your next update!
It was definitely a full day. I still can't believe how much we did! I much prefer the late nights to the early mornings. It's been so cool to have the late nights available these past few trips - I'm bummed there aren't any scheduled when we go in October.

Quote:
Originally Posted by meeko_33785 View Post
Wow, what a long day. I bet you were tired.

LOL at "I see blury things". Did you take these as you were running through the queue?
I was dragging. It didn't hit me until after we left POTC, but I was exhausted. DH, on the other hand, had pretty much woken up

And yes, those blurry pictures were me holding the camera while trying not to be trampled by the people behind us

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwiddleDeeTwiddleDum View Post
Aw shucks, I wasn't saying either of us were lame, I put a tigger icon in there to defend pooh since I couldn't find a pooh one to say he wasn't lame

ANYWAY please tell me EXACTLY where in that picture is Mr. Toad? DH LOVED Mr. Toad & was totally DISGUSTED when Winnie the Pooh took over his space. I guess he thought Pooh was lame too well, that was before we had our son who LOVED pooh when he was 4.

Now I have been able to show him owl taking over the "deed" from Mr. Toad in the winnie the pooh ride, but never been able to spot him at HM, my DH's all time favorite ride.

So please do tell where he is!!!!

Haha... There should be a Pooh smiley! It would prevent confusion!

Mr. Toad was one of my favorites too! I'm so sad it's gone, but just one more reason to visit Disneyland. He currently resides in the the "pet" cemetery as you're leaving the ride. In my picture - the third (from the left) "spear" from the fence is pointing to his leg. He's directly to the right of the stone pillar on the left. Does that help?
Old 09-30-2010, 07:37 PM   #148
not_Joanna_eggs
DIS Veteran

Day 3 - Part 1 - Ferry Me Away

Here’s a shocker, I woke up earlier than DH (imagine that!) But not early by any stretch of the imagination - 9ish. I took a shower and started packing up. Fortunately there wasn't too much stuff and it went rather quickly. At 10, I turned on Stacey , which is my signal to DH to start waking up. He did (WHOAH!), and our bags were packed and we were heading to bell services by 10:00.

Come on, stop lollygagging!

WHO ARE YOU?

It was empty near the boat dock.

We checked our bags in with Bell Services, and headed to the Ferry.

We caught the boat to DTD. It took me a while to figure out their crazy schedule - the boats ran at :00, :20, :40 and they arrived 5 minutes before that. Complicated isn't it?

Huh?

We had a short wait..

But soon, the ferry was arriving.

I love this little ride, it is so great!

Grrr… Balloons make me angry!

How about other resorts?

Our ultimate destination?

Old 10-02-2010, 04:30 AM   #149
OhioDisneyLover
DIS Veteran

It looks and sounds like you were able to get a lot done at MK. I love when that happens.

Can't wat to hear more.

Hey BangBang Chicken...Where's Carl?http://www.disboards.com/showthread....3#post50814403 CURRENT TR in Progress Really? All of us? ... a Jan PTR: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3186622
The Most Wonderful Thing About Tiggers...happened to us! A 2013 TRhttp://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3066866
Road Trip! Stop1: Inkedupmomma's Wedding, Stop 2: Disney - A Feb 2013 PTR http://www.disboards.com/showthread....0#post45966160
Small Po-taaaa-toes! My Sept 2011 TR http://www.disboards.com/showthread....3#post42885313
The "I said I wasn't going to do a PTR...PTR (Sept 2011) http://www.disboards.com/showthread....9#post39927349
Drama Please End...Fun, Please Begin..A Sept TR http://www.disboards.com/showthread....1#post38357331
Old 10-02-2010, 06:58 PM   #150
TwiddleDeeTwiddleDum

Quote:
Mr. Toad was one of my favorites too! I'm so sad it's gone, but just one more reason to visit Disneyland. He currently resides in the the "pet" cemetery as you're leaving the ride. In my picture - the third (from the left) "spear" from the fence is pointing to his leg. He's directly to the right of the stone pillar on the left. Does that help?
I had to look several times but I found him! Now I know where to look next time we go - thank-you!

Your final destination, was that Fulton Crab House?????

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: