Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-18-2010, 02:56 PM   #1
soulmates
traveling through life, with the one I love

DVC Gold Member
Paid DVC Rent/Trade
Gold Membership

7 girls estrogen tour!

“7 GIRLS ESTROGEN TOUR”

Cast of often loud, but always lovely ladies:
Me, Wifey #1 JUST MARRIED and all things girly! 44
DP, Wifey #2 JUST MARRIED and law enforcement, nuff said 39
Grandma- Matriarch of the crowd and the chick who started our whole DISNEY OBSESSION, 64
Sister- My only sister and my BESTEST friend ever 42
DD #1- Bride to be 22
DD#2- Tennis star extraordinaire 15
Niece- Lover of ALL things Disney, especially princesses 6.

We started this wild ride online, 4 years ago. Yup, I met her online, doesn’t everyone meet the love of their life online? It was 6/6/06. I know, not the MOST romantic day ever. We met, we emailed, we fell in love, I told my family I met a SHE and not a HE, she moved here, I sold my home, my family started breathing again, we got FANTASTIC new jobs, my family fell in love with her, we bought our first home together, her family fell in love with me and we FINALLY had 2 children of our own, 2 Mini Schnauzers. Fast forward 3 years, I take DP to Disney World for her first ever trip. We stayed at Wilderness Villas and she was completely blown away by it all. Now, I aint no stupid girl. I KNEW if I started off taking her to a deluxe, then there was NO way she’d ever want to stay anywhere BUT a deluxe. Smart, eh? Okay, so during this amazing trip, I decided to surprise the life out of her. After a FABULOUS (we’re gay, we have to say FABULOUS at least once)meal at Artist Pointe and an entire bottle of Magicale, we shuffled over to the Polynesian. Just when the fireworks started, I got down on one knee and proposed. It’s a lot harder than you’d think! You have to put A LOT of effort and planning into saying 4 little words, trust me!! So that was August of 2009. We HAD to redeem ourselves by choosing a VERY cool date for our ceremony, the whole 6/6/06 thing was just ewww! This is where the 10/10/10 comes in. We had a very lovely Commitment Ceremony. Surrounded by family & friends, it was a perfect evening indeed. There was however, NO time for any frivolity, not tonight folks. It was 2 Benadryl and “Night Everyone”. The both of us brides and my 2 DD’s were UP and ON the road by 5:30 AM. Did you get the AM part? For me this was a piece of cake, I’m up early for work every day and I’m a HUGE morning person. DP, eh, that took some coaxing with a pot of coffee and me promising to drive the first leg of the 10 hour journey. The daughters’, well THAT was an entirely different story. They like to wake up at the crack of noon, so getting them up and out the door was truly, a MAGICAL experience. It would take more than a pot of coffee to motivate these two. I had to bribe them with Disney gift cards , their own studio room and I promised to NOT listen to my beloved 80’s music in the vehicle. That was the deal breaker, because even the DP sighed a breath of relief. Ever onward, we rolled down the driveway and started our 10 hour trek! DP drove for the first hour to get me on the freeway. Here is Wifey #2 in the driver's seat. Once there, it was a straight shot and even I couldn’t get lost going straight! There is a pun there, but I’ll leave that one for now! So as DP was driving, and my girls were fast asleep in the back, I got to listen to my WDW Pod Casts. This was pure heaven because NOBODY was rolling their eyes at me and saying things like, “Mom, really, it’s too much, it’s like overload!” Nope, I was in the ZONE and aint nobody standin in my way! 10 hours, and 3 DVD’s later, we arrived at the Boardwalk Villas. We were exhausted and hyper all at once, and after 10 hours in the car, we looked like we were arriving to some sort of intervention….we looked BAD! DD #1 would kill me, but this gives you an idea of what we looked like. It wasn't pretty. Good thing Disney sees A LOT of haggard car riders, so they didn’t even bat an eye when we rolled in there. The front desk had us checked in very quick, which was a good thing, cuz 3 of us were VERY ready for a drink Now I know someone will ask what they are, sorry. All I can tell you is they were fruity, yummy and almost $10~Hurry up girls, up to our rooms and then let’s meet down at the bar! So Wifey #2 and I head up to the 5th floor, SO excited. What will our honeymoon room view be? Well, it was a view of the entrance. Nothing amazing, just a few guys parking cars and some more haggard folks crawling in. Hmmm, now I’m curious what view the girls got. Upstairs we trudge and low and behold, THEY (the non-payers) have a great view of the pool. I have no luck, and I’m too tired to switch rooms…all I can think of is down by the pool is a drink with my name on it! We leave the 15 year old to unpack her stuff and take the 21 year old DD and head down to the pool area. Just want to note, that some sort of phenomenon happened to me, because I was overcome with ENERGY! In no time at all, we were seated at Leeping Libations and sipping some VERY yummy drinks. Now we had that little pick up we needed to head back to our rooms and get ready for tonights’ MNSSHP!
We got ready in record time and met in the lobby. Wifey # 2 got the car and away we went. Great thing about driving is NO waiting for buses or boats! We were at the Magic Kingdom in no time! Now I’m bouncing with excitement, I get to see my family!! We were all in our matching orange tee’s so I knew they’d be easy to spot. Walla, there they were, right by the turnstiles. Lots of hugs, tears and kisses. So happy to all be together again. Now, it’s GAME ON! Inside we go and we’re just amazed how beautiful the park looks for Halloween. This is our first visit during this time of year, so we had to take it all in. I gave everyone 20 seconds then it was “Let’s go, we’re HUNGRY!” Off to eat at Peco’s Bills. I was a bit disappointed as this was my favorite CS in the MK and to me, it wasn’t as good as our last visit. Eh, we were all so hungry, nobody noticed. Now it was time to ride some rides! First ride, BIG THUNDER RAILROAD.I have to say, it’s SO much fun at night. My neice just 6, rode those rides like a pro. Couldn’t get over what a little thrill seeker she was. After that we hit Pirates & The Haunted Mansion…yup, we’re SO in Magic Kingdom. Doesn’t matter how old we get, those attractions are WHY we love that park so much. Okay, the parade was coming up and after hearing how great this was, I knew we had to scout out a great spot. We found a great spot in Frontier Land and the kids went on Splash Mountain while we guarded the coveted spot. Did they make it back in time for the beginning of the parade?? Of course NOT! That’s right, they missed the Headless Horseman. Luckily Grandma got it on video. Those who DID see him, were thrilled. We loved loved loved it. The entire parade, just SO much fun. The girls did see it and loved it as well. Okay, now we were off to find a great spot for the fireworks. I know, time was flying by. Once again, we found a great spot, sat on the ground and waited. Was it worth it? You bet it was. Those were hands down, THE best fireworks we’ve ever seen. If you’ve never been to MNSSHP, the fireworks alone, are worth the tickets! First day, now we’re ALL exhausted. The long day has finally caught up with us, time to part ways and head to our resorts. Once again, hugs & kisses, but no tears this time. Here we are in our matching tee's which were a huge hit.
Now something happened on the way to the resort. Wifey & I got a second wind. So we headed down to the ESPN Club and got a pitcher of beer and some chili fries. I know, it’s wayyyyy too late to eat like that, but I didn’t eat much of my dinner and well, I’m on vacation. Let me also note, I gained ZERO pounds this trip. All the walking paid off! So, we’re at the ESPN Club and Wifey got to catch up on her football, while I people watched. You can get in some REALLY cool people watching in Disney. I like to play, “Do they or don’t they go together”. You know how you look at some couples and you think, there is NO way I’d have put him with her. But there they are, married and happy. There is someone for everyone. I’m sure Wifey & I get that all the time. “Are they sisters or are they MORE than sisters?” Too funny. Okay, so DD#2 calls and asks where we are. Next thing I know, there THEY are. Amazing how free food will bring them out of their cozy room. They finished off the fries and now we really were EXHAUSTED. Hugs & Kisses goodnight and we all went to our rooms. Big day ahead, time for Disney dreams…

Last edited by soulmates; 10-23-2010 at 06:26 PM.
Old 10-18-2010, 07:17 PM   #2
MEK
DIS Veteran

Great start to your TR. I'm in! You are so lucky to have only a 10 hour drive! I would take that easily. I can't wait to hear more about this estrogen trip!

The Empty Nester's Magical Mystery Tour I Told You Driving Was Bad for Your Health

Sorry Gaston, They are MUCH More Interesting than You!
Will You Chill Out if I Sprinkle You With Pixie Dust?

Remembering 9/11:MEK Original
Why Not Just Queue Up Another Disney Trip?
How Do You Think We Stay So Happy?
Inching My Way Closer to the Castle Sept 10 TR
Wheeling & Dealing at the WL May '10 TR
Play'in It at Pop Sept 09 Anniversary Trip
JUNE 09 TR...KICK'N IT AT KIDANI DH & I do Disney Solo! DEC 2008 June 2008 tripreport
My Trips 2002-Offsite 2003-POR 2004-Royal Pacific/Daytona Bch 2005-CBR 2006-Pop, SSR 2007-ASM 2008-Pop, Vero Bch/SSR, POFQ/SSR 2009-Kidani/CSR, Pop 2010- VWL, BLT 2011-POR/BCV, Disney's HHI Resort, OKW2012-Treehouse villa/BWV, VWL/BWV 2013-HHI, Secret off site location;BWV/AKL 2014- Tampa, ASSp/BCV, OKW
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-18-2010, 07:35 PM   #3
Ducky4Disney
-->Place Tag HERE!<---

Great beginnings - to all of it! The magical internet meeting on 6-6-6, the Poly fireworks proposal, and the 10-10-10 ceremony!

I'm with MEK about that 10 hour drive; I could do that EASILY! I think the title of your TR got us interested beccause we just finished a 2-girls trip together and MEK is planning a 5-girls-trip this spring.

I wonder what you'd have thought of MEK and I in WDW

D4D
Old 10-19-2010, 06:24 AM   #4
soulmates

DVC Gold Member
Paid DVC Rent/Trade
Gold Membership

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEK View Post
Great start to your TR. I'm in! You are so lucky to have only a 10 hour drive! I would take that easily. I can't wait to hear more about this estrogen trip!
Thanks! Yes just 10 hours, which is very doable. No complaints, we just looked rough
Old 10-19-2010, 06:25 AM   #5
soulmates

DVC Gold Member
Paid DVC Rent/Trade
Gold Membership

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ducky4Disney View Post
Great beginnings - to all of it! The magical internet meeting on 6-6-6, the Poly fireworks proposal, and the 10-10-10 ceremony!

I'm with MEK about that 10 hour drive; I could do that EASILY! I think the title of your TR got us interested beccause we just finished a 2-girls trip together and MEK is planning a 5-girls-trip this spring.

I wonder what you'd have thought of MEK and I in WDW

D4D
We LOVE our 10/10/10 date...way cool! Thanks for coming along
Old 10-19-2010, 07:59 AM   #6
soulmates

DVC Gold Member
Paid DVC Rent/Trade
Gold Membership

Day 2

DAY 2 Magic Kingdom.

I can’t tell you how much I LOVE the bedding at Disney. I love a firm mattress and I get my best sleep on property. Wifey #2, not so much. Oh, and don’t get me started on their pillows, TRIPLE love them. I keep telling myself, I’m going to buy them when I get back home. Maybe THIS year I really will. Okay, so you can surmise, I slept AMAZING….Wife #2, not so much. I got up early and started some coffee. I’m doing my college online, so I brought the laptop so I could do my class work while on my honeymoon. There was a time, back in high school that if I had a bad hair day, I didn’t even go to school. Shocking, I know. My father almost cried when I told him I was doing homework on vacation. It’s the little things that make him happy. Okay, so after I did my school work, time to hit the shower, put on the makeup (KNOWING I will sweat it off in a few hours) and head out the door. It’s always funny to me, that I am the girlie one, I wear makeup, jewelry etc. and somehow, I am the FIRST one ready to go…hmmmm? Okay, so I’m just about ready to head out the door when my phone rings. DD #2, “Mom, we forgot some of our makeup, can we come up and BORROW some of yours?” Love that one, BORROW. This is code for, the rest of the trip, I will have to GO to their room to retrieve what was mine to begin with! At this point, Wifey #2 rolls her eyes…. and so it begins.

Okay, moving right along. We meet my Sister & Niece at the Riverside Marina where the niece is taking her Bayou Pirate Adventure! SO much fun. We got her all ready and before we knew it she was off to collect treasure. I HIGHLY reccomend this for the kiddies! We arrive at MK around 11:30, heavy on the ish. Our goal today, is to ride the rides we weren’t able to last night. First stop, SPACE MOUNTAIN! I’m wayyyy stoked about this one. Last trip, it was being refurbished, along with the People Mover ( Aren’t you glad they FINALLY switched the name back??) So we’re all hustling over the SM and I’m wondering how the neice will do. This is a pretty intense ride and well, she is just six. Wifey #2 bows out gracefully. Coasters aren’t her thing. Fine with us, 6 is an even number, “See ya!” We walked right on, like no wait, amazing! I have to say, I LOVE the changes. This ride is so much fun, we all loved it! Okay, now what? Buzz Lightyear to the rescue. Let me just say, I’m no gamer. The only video games I was EVER good at were Pac Man & Centipede. Needless to say, my score was like 500, while her’s was in the millions. Sad, very sad. Next attraction puleeeze! The People Mover. LOVE this one. One of the first rides we ever did on our first trip, back in 79’. Always fun times. Now we’re ready for some lunch. How about heading to Columbia Harbour House? This to me is a hidden gem. The best counter service in MK. We ate upstairs, very nice up there. I had the fried shrimp, WAY too much food. I have YET to eat the desert they give you with lunch. I opted for the bottle of water instead. Okay, now where? The gang all votes on Pirates of the Caribbean. You can’t go wrong with Johnny Depp, I don’t care who you are! Everyone loved it, as always. I’m so crazy about the attraction, I even love the SMELL and that my friends, is how I roll! We headed outta there and over to the Haunted Mansion, again, they don’t get any better than these attractions. I love the detail. Every trip I see something new I hadn’t seen before. The Sister has an app on her IPhone about finding Hidden Mickeys. I secretly think, “You’re not REALLY finding them, if you have an app to TELL you where they are”…am I right? Of course I am. Ever onward. We checked out some stores, wandered around and before we knew it, our dinner was just around the corner. I scored Cinderella’s Royal Table! I know, I shocked myself. I really thought the niece would be the one to go crazy over this…but turns out, we ALL had a great time. We got there 30 minutes early and had to go to the ladies room. So I asked the girl at the check in, can we go inside to potty? Sure she said, just come right back out. No problem. However, when we walked in, the potty is a one seater. Guess who was in the lobby area taking pictures?? Ahhhhh, you guessed it, CINDERELLA!! We were all blown away. That was when we realized how haggard we looked, again! The folks taking pictures all had princess costumes and their mom’s all looked like something out of a Lancôme’ commercial. We, well, once again, we rocked our INTERVENTION look. The Sister immediately says, “I’ve got lipstick what do you have?” I rummage through the purse and find eye shadow. Really? How the….., who cares, it’s there. So, right there, on the bench just feet away from Cindy herself, we apply our makeup. Say it, you know you want to…TACKY. Yes, we knew it was, Cindy knew it was and yet we did it. It took us all 15 minutes to potty and reapply our faces and fix our hair. Back outside we trek and wait 3 minutes to be hauled BACK inside. Now we’re being introduced to Cindy who like any royalty is FULL of class. She never mentioned how tacky we looked 10 minutes ago. Nope, she greeted us with open arms, as if we were long lost friends. She wished Wifey #2 and I a wonderful happily ever after and gave us each hugs. Once the pictures were snapped, upstairs we went. I was shocked how big it was, like really really big. Hello? It IS a castle, right?? Okay, so we’re seated and our server comes over, very funny guy. Drinks all around (not THOSE kinds of drinks!) and then the princesses start coming out to meet and greet. First Snow White comes over, and we’re all just taken by her beauty and sweetness. Then Fiona, she’s so quiet and demure. Then comes Ariel, SO much fun. She really took time at our table. And like a dream, SHE entered the room. Have I mentioned that my email username is BELLEFAN? Have I told you about many trips to DW and hours of waiting in lines to meet her, only to be turned away? Yes, BELLE entered the room and my entire table gasped. They all looked at me like I was a stalker. I felt the pressure. “Just breath and refrain from running over to her” I tell myself. Soon she’s coming over and all eyes are on me. “Remember the niece is just 6 and Belle will be spending time with her, I’m the old 44 year old stalker aunt.” So I sort of talked myself down and just accepted, this is about the kids. She came to the table and of course went to the niece, and they chatted. And like a dream, someone ( I can’t even remember because it was like a dream) said, “Belle, you have a very big fan here” and at that moment, I jumped up and was at her side. I attempted to say, “I’m your biggest fan”, but the tears just started rolling. What? I’m crying, in front of some sweet girl whom I’ve never met before. True, I did and when I looked up, so was everyone else. It was a very emotional moment one that I’ll treasure. Okay, so how was dinner, pretty good. Nothing like signature dinning, but overall, I would recommend this to anyone who wants the total experience. As we left, it was time to head out because MNSSHP was getting ready to start. We were all worn out, so this was perfect timing. We decided to head to our resort and take a swim. This is code for, let the kids swim and we’ll have DRINKS! After an hour, we called it a night. Hugs & kisses and we all headed to our beds for some Disney dreams….
Old 10-19-2010, 10:28 AM   #7
TagsMissy
Counting down the days... It's not always easy being the wife of a soldier.

It's been a great read so far, I have definitely chuckled aloud! Cannot wait to read more -- it's been a wonderful journey these past months!
79-95 Numerous Disneyland Trips/98 POFQ /08 POR/09 POR, SSR/AKV Kidani & BLT/11 BWV & BLT/12 Aulani & Disneyland Club 33/13 DL Club 33/Wonder & BLT/BWV/14 AKV Jambo/VWL & DL Friend's Wedding Celebration/15 DCL Fantasy Eastern Caribbean

Old 10-19-2010, 11:01 AM   #8
soulmates

DVC Gold Member
Paid DVC Rent/Trade
Gold Membership

Quote:
Originally Posted by TagsMissy View Post
It's been a great read so far, I have definitely chuckled aloud! Cannot wait to read more -- it's been a wonderful journey these past months!
Thanks, I still can't believe it's come and gone already!
Old 10-19-2010, 11:38 AM   #9
addictedtothemouse
DIS Veteran

Just had to jump on when I read your title. DH knows all about estrogen tours, in a family of 6 he's the only boy.
Great date for your commitment ceremony, it's DD birthday!
I know all about tears in Disney, at Wishes, the parade (any of them) and just being there in general.
Can't wait to read more about your trip.
Old 10-19-2010, 11:59 AM   #10
zeitzeuge
DallasDisneyDork
Some people NEED to be bitten
Had a little accident in my pants when I found out I was going to Club 33!

Love the TR so far! Can't wait to read more.
Old 10-19-2010, 12:00 PM   #11
sbprincess
Mouseketeer

Great start! Your title got me too.

Love that last picture of your group right in front of the castle. The lighting is perfect! And I totally would have done the same thing - putting on makeup before meeting the princesses.

Can't wait for more!

1984 - 2002 Many visits with family (off site) * May 2005 Girls' Trip - POP Century * March 2008 Honeymoon - All Star Movies * May 2010 - Contemporary Resort (Trip Report) * December 2010 - POP Century * October 2011 - Contemporary Resort & Universal Studios (WWOHP!) * November 2012 - Caribbean Beach Resort (Dining Report) * March 2014 - Coronado Springs Resort * May 2014 - Boardwalk Inn & Contemporary Theme Park View

**July 2014 - Grand Floridian Girls Trip!!!!**
Old 10-19-2010, 12:07 PM   #12
soulmates

DVC Gold Member
Paid DVC Rent/Trade
Gold Membership

Quote:
Originally Posted by addictedtothemouse View Post
Just had to jump on when I read your title. DH knows all about estrogen tours, in a family of 6 he's the only boy.
Great date for your commitment ceremony, it's DD birthday!
I know all about tears in Disney, at Wishes, the parade (any of them) and just being there in general.
Can't wait to read more about your trip.
I'm SURE your DH knows about some estrogen...bless his heart!

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeitzeuge View Post
Love the TR so far! Can't wait to read more.
Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbprincess View Post
Great start! Your title got me too.

Love that last picture of your group right in front of the castle. The lighting is perfect! And I totally would have done the same thing - putting on makeup before meeting the princesses.

Can't wait for more!
Oh I KNEW there were others out there! I mean, she IS a princess...so we have to look good!
Old 10-19-2010, 12:54 PM   #13
Ducky4Disney
-->Place Tag HERE!<---

Quote:
We arrive at MK around 11:30, heavy on the ish
Everything I say ends in "-ish" so I'm going to start using this!

Quote:
we rocked our INTERVENTION look

I can't wait to hear this more!

Quote:
And like a dream, SHE entered the room. Have I mentioned that my email username is BELLEFAN? Have I told you about many trips to DW and hours of waiting in lines to meet her, only to be turned away? Yes, BELLE entered the room and my entire table gasped. They all looked at me like I was a stalker. I felt the pressure. “Just breath and refrain from running over to her” I tell myself. Soon she’s coming over and all eyes are on me. “Remember the niece is just 6 and Belle will be spending time with her, I’m the old 44 year old stalker aunt.”
I was walking down steps when I was reading this. I had to stop to laugh before I fell down the rest of the steps! You look like you're trying to assimilate her into your being in that pic! I can't blame you, I would too

D4D
Old 10-19-2010, 01:04 PM   #14
soulmates

DVC Gold Member
Paid DVC Rent/Trade
Gold Membership

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ducky4Disney View Post
Everything I say ends in "-ish" so I'm going to start using this!

I can't wait to hear this more!

I was walking down steps when I was reading this. I had to stop to laugh before I fell down the rest of the steps! You look like you're trying to assimilate her into your being in that pic! I can't blame you, I would too

D4D
Glad your enjoing!!
Old 10-19-2010, 01:25 PM   #15
MEK
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by soulmates View Post
DAY 2 Magic Kingdom.

This is code for, the rest of the trip, I will have to GO to their room to retrieve what was mine to begin with!
Lots of funny comments in your last update, but this one hits home and frequently happens with my cell phone charger.

And you're right about the hidden mickey's. They should all be found on accident and if that were the case I would never find a single one.

REally want to eat at CRT one of these days!

The Empty Nester's Magical Mystery Tour I Told You Driving Was Bad for Your Health

Sorry Gaston, They are MUCH More Interesting than You!
Will You Chill Out if I Sprinkle You With Pixie Dust?

Remembering 9/11:MEK Original
Why Not Just Queue Up Another Disney Trip?
How Do You Think We Stay So Happy?
Inching My Way Closer to the Castle Sept 10 TR
Wheeling & Dealing at the WL May '10 TR
Play'in It at Pop Sept 09 Anniversary Trip
JUNE 09 TR...KICK'N IT AT KIDANI DH & I do Disney Solo! DEC 2008 June 2008 tripreport
My Trips 2002-Offsite 2003-POR 2004-Royal Pacific/Daytona Bch 2005-CBR 2006-Pop, SSR 2007-ASM 2008-Pop, Vero Bch/SSR, POFQ/SSR 2009-Kidani/CSR, Pop 2010- VWL, BLT 2011-POR/BCV, Disney's HHI Resort, OKW2012-Treehouse villa/BWV, VWL/BWV 2013-HHI, Secret off site location;BWV/AKL 2014- Tampa, ASSp/BCV, OKW

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: