Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants > Disney Dining Reviews
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-04-2010, 09:10 AM   #1
mossyflossy
Mouseketeer

A signature dinner a day keeps the doctor away Dlxddp August 2010: upd FFish 10/10

Welcome along to my second deluxe dining report. You can find a bit more about us in last October's deluxe dining report linked in my signature.

So without further ado, we were onsite at the Yacht Club for 5 nights in August on the deluxe dining plan (standard DDP was free and we paid only to upgrade).

Iíve set out all the places we visited (or planned to visit) below and will complete the links for you when they are done. An asterisk shows the tweaks that occurred.

Disney DDP restaurants

L Raglan Road

D Yachtsmanís* tweaked to Flying Fish

L Yak & Yeti

D Artists Point

L 50ís Prime Time cafe

D Flying Fish

B Sunshine Seasons

L Chefs de France

D Hollywood Brown Derby *

B Crystal Palace

L Grand Floridian Cafe

D Narcoosees

B Cape May Cafe

L Wolfgang Puck Cafe * tweaked to Captain's grille

D California Grill

So, let's get the party started

Last edited by mossyflossy; 10-10-2010 at 03:54 PM.
mossyflossy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2010, 09:12 AM   #2
mossyflossy
Mouseketeer

Narcoossees August 2010
We had an 8.30pm ADR for Narcoossees and set off from the Yacht Club on the MK bus around 7.30pm, catching the boat across to the Grand Floridian boat dock as this comes up alongside the restaurant.

We checked in more or less on time, and had a few mini Dibb meets before being called to our table, which was up on the second level as you go into the restaurant.

Still a lovely table, but not as special as last time and no special personalised menu this time as we weren’t celebrating our anniversary

We had a great server here, unfortunately don’t remember her name, might have been Rasilia?, and the chef came out to chat as I’m allergic to shellfish and DD2 is allergic to peanuts.

We ordered a passion fruit mojito and a pina colva with charmbord. Be aware that here the Chambord was charged at an additional $8 unlike Artists point where it was not charged separately.

And some bread soon arrived.

For our appetiser, both of us ordered the cheese plate, which was the best of many over the course of the week, and that’s coming from someone who is not a cheese lover! It was delicious. As a POI this is one of the few places where the cheese plate is also an option as a dessert, so perfect for those on the regular plan who don’t have a sweet tooth.

more in next post....

Last edited by mossyflossy; 09-04-2010 at 09:18 AM.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-04-2010, 09:24 AM   #3
mossyflossy
Mouseketeer

I was so tempted to have the snapper here again as it was so good. But, in an effort to be different from last time, we both tried the grouper in a soy chilli broth with rice and haricots verts (mine minus the cherry heirloom tomatoes). This dish was as good as the snapper, packed with flavour, every bite was different and we loved it.

The children had a fruit cup to start and as we were overloaded with credits each had a meal here.

DD1 had the adult grouper, served plain over white rice with haricots verts,

DD2 had the kids baked fish, which was salmon, and chose to fries instead of the oven roasted potatoes.

more coming
Old 09-04-2010, 09:26 AM   #4
mossyflossy
Mouseketeer

For dessert, I ordered the almond crusted cheesecake again as it was my absolute favourite last october, and DH joined me. Every bit as delicious as last time, I really struggled to do it justice but there was no way I could leave it behind!

And DD1 ordered her dessert off the childrenís menu, (and her appetiser) even though using an adult credit, which shows how flexible the DDP can be). She chose the Nemo cupcake, and i have vague memories of it and the cheesecake making the journey back with us to the Yacht Club and sitting in the fridge until meeting its end!

We both ordered cappuccinos to have as our dining plan drink, the perfect end to another glorious meal at Narcoossees.

I donít have my receipt in front of me as Iím doing this out of order, but the bill was around $170-190 at most of the signatures pre tip. Worth every penny, even more so when it was all included on the free dining plan bar the alcoholic drinks.
Old 09-04-2010, 10:41 AM   #5
ChefColette
Mouseketeer

Looks like you ate at some great places!
ChefColette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2010, 12:14 PM   #6
mossyflossy
Mouseketeer

Raglan Road August 2010

Iíve seen lots of mixed reviews on Raglan Road but this was a really solid 1TS meal for us last October and one we all wished to repeat.

So around 2.20pm we set off for DTD on the resort bus, arriving on time for our late lunch ADR at Raglan Road, just in time for the dinner menu to be offered (3pm).

Raglan Road is very different during the day to the evening as the band isnít playing. It was very peaceful in there and we had a good chat to the waitress and the Manager who liaised with the chef over the allergies.

We shared 3 adult TS credits here between the 4 of us which worked perfectly.

The soda bread:

We ordered 2 appetisers between the 4 of us, so 2 lots of smoked salmon, I know itís not very adventurous, but when something isnít broke, why fix it?

DH and the girls each had the fish and chips, but the girls shared one portion, which was more than enough:

I had the salmon of knowledge again, and absolutely loved it again.

I know youíre all saying these are the same pictures as last time, but really it isnít! What I think it shows brilliantly however is the consistency in the quality of Disney food: the same meal looks the same some 9 months on.

Anyhow, the proof of the pudding is in the eating and this time I knew I wanted to get Dundonís delight thanks to a food report I had seen on the Dibb by JamelUK

And DH wanted to have Gerís bread and butter pudding as he was still sulking that he hadnít ordered this 9 months ago.

The girls shared a Moores Market, but substituted ice cream for the yoghurt

4 diet cokes, bill was $129 excl tip, and another lovely lunch had by all.
Old 09-04-2010, 02:43 PM   #7
vinotinto
Just Keep Swimming

Quote:
Originally Posted by mossyflossy View Post
I was so tempted to have the snapper here again as it was so good. But, in an effort to be different from last time, we both tried the grouper in a soy chilli broth with rice and haricots verts (mine minus the cherry heirloom tomatoes). This dish was as good as the snapper, packed with flavour, every bite was different and we loved it.
I totally remember your review of the snapper last year! We'll have a tough choice between the snapper and the grouper in a few weeks, they both sound delish! Looking forward to the rest of the reviews!

Aug 2014 - YC Jan 2014 - Disney Dream and WL Oct 2013 - PBH Oct 2012 - BC (DxDP) Oct 2011 - YC (DxDP) May 2011 - PBH and AKL (DxDP) Sept 2010 - Poly (DxDP) Oct 2009 - BC (DDP) May 2004 - RPR April 1995 - AsMu
vinotinto is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2010, 08:12 AM   #8
DLo
DIS Veteran

great pics. i want some fresh fruit - right now looking forward to more. looks like you ate well this trip
Oct 2006 - WL Nov 2007 - GF Nov 2008 - Poly
Oct 2009 - BC Oct 2010 - BWI Oct 2011 YC May 2014 YC
DLo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2010, 02:48 PM   #9
Pooh&OurHunny
DIS Veteran

joining in...great start and love your pictures. We love Narcoosee's, we try to go every trip but this trip I wanted to try new restaurant so we will have to skip this one until next time.

Grand Floridian (son 1st Disney Trip) May & October2007
Swan Feb 2008
AKL May 2008
Swan & CSR December 2010
Pooh&OurHunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2010, 02:57 PM   #10
emmysmommy
DIS Veteran

Oh my gosh! Such great photos and the food looks amazing. I'm so on board for this one!!
emmysmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2010, 03:38 PM   #11
dixonsontour
DIS Veteran

Noticed you'd started this on the dibb - lovely photos.
20ish trips to USA 1997 onwards including All Star Movies Dec 2009 with DDP, OKW Oct 2010 with DDP, Floridays Resort Oct 2011, Bahama Bay resort May 2012, OKW Oct 2012 with DxDDP, All Star Movies Oct 2013 with DDP

DH 39 Me 39 DD 8

Perfectly Princess Tea Party Review Disney Dining 2010 Review
Dining on a budget - $100 a day with coupons All new Dining on a Budget of $100 May 2012
Dixons go Deluxe Oct/Nov 12
dixonsontour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2010, 02:08 PM   #12
chocolateMinnie
DIS Veteran

great photos - definitely subscribing. Never thought about Raglan Road but those photos are twisting my arm for sure.

chocolateMinnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2010, 04:35 PM   #14
mossyflossy
Mouseketeer

welcome along everyone, so nice to see more of you saying hello!

So tonight's journey is:

Yachtsmanís Steakhouse, tweaked to Flying Fish

After our late lunch at Raglan Road and a Dibb meet at the Margarita Bar in DTD where a few margaritas were enjoyed, we headed back on the bus to the Yacht Club. On the way back I suggested to DH that we continue on to the Beach Club so that we could pick up our refill mugs and check out the menus for Yachtsmanís on the walk back.

So around 8pm we were walking back by YS (our reservation was for 9pm) and there were so many people hanging around outside and on the steps that we could hardly even get to the menu to view it. People were standing, sitting on the floor and the steps, and the atmosphere was somewhat tense with lots of people holding pagers and trying to speak to the people at the podium.

Anyhow, the long and short of it was that there was nothing really suitable for us on the menu as it had changed (we are not meat eaters) and I was not ďfeelingĒ this place at all. I said to DH ďshall we change it?Ē and he happily agreed. We got back to the room and rang down to the concierge to say we were cancelling and instead got a reservation for 9.10pm at the Flying Fish, perfect.

So after a very quick freshen up and change, we caught the boat over and arrived just as the Epcot illuminations were going off.

This evening we were to meet the best server ever. His name was Bob, and he was simply brilliant. Witty and charming, and simply fantastic with the children. A+ to Bob:thumbs-up.

So some drinks first, a Magical Star cocktail for me (I wanted a glow cube!!!...when the kids were ummming and ahhing over it, Bob bought out a second glow cube free of charge so they could each have one...thanks Bob!). DH ordered the tropical frieze although this is listed as a seasonal martini on the bill.

So the chef came over for a quick chat, and he made me the tuna appetiser/sushi without shellfish oil, which was so very good. Itís a real treat for me to have sushi without fear of cross contamination, and I really enjoyed this dish.

DH went with the degustation of flying fish artisanal cheeses, which was 5 tasting portions that included brillat savarin, bellwether farms carmody, queso manchegro en acite de olive Rocinante, la yerbera and BelGioioso gorgonzola dolce. The accompaniements are raisins on the vine, spanish membrillo, honeycomb, peach, sweet onion and citrus compote "agrodolce".

We then both went with the signature potato wrapped snapper, served without veal glace, so the pot is a red wine sauce instead. This was heavenly: beautifully cooked snapper with a very thin layer of soft potato, then wrapped in a thin crispy pastry wrapper...yum.

We both had the sorbet for dessert...nice and light.

Looking at my receipt it appears that both girls ordered off the childrenís menu so we paid OOP for their food.

They shared the fruit, then DD1 had the kidís fish sticks and potatoes, whilst DD2 had the pasta with sauce on the side. They shared a Mickeyís puzzle too which we had wrapped ďto goĒ as were full and very tired by now.

What a lovely introduction to a new signature restaurant to us!...so pleased we made the change...this was a real case of following your heart and of course, for us, a fish restaurant is always going to trump a steak restaurant as a venue to visit.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: