Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-04-2010, 04:35 PM   #16
bradk
She runs to get away from you.

leaving your car inside the parking lot at one of the theme parks overnight for one night is one thing. although i still wouldn't recommend it if you were certain you didn't want it investigated or towed, there's just no way they don't keep track of this even if they don't do anything about it immediately.

since i suspect OP wishes to leave the car parked at DHS for example *every* night of their trip (or most), I honestly wouldn't count on it working beyond 2 or more nights. At that point, I would seriously question any element of security. There is also a point at which the vehicle could simply be considered abandoned.

in fact, while I'm not going to bother looking up the specific local laws for WDW, here's a sample law from a township in NJ that I found through google:

Quote:
Has remained on or about private property or public property without the consent of the owner or other person so in charge of the property for a continuing period of more than 48 hours;
the owner being the person that owns the private property, not the vehicle. ergo, you just leave a vehicle parked somewhere for an extended period of time, you could just lose it. and be subject to fines as well.

so unless you plan on getting expressed written consent from Disney Parks, I wouldn't recommend it. even you plan on moving the car each day just to be sneaky. you know the parking charge at the resort going in, so you'll either have to consider that as just part of the cost of staying at the resort or seek alternative plans.

that would be my advice.

bradk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2010, 05:09 PM   #17
chartle
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by bradk View Post
since i suspect OP wishes to leave the car parked at DHS for example *every* night of their trip (or most), I honestly wouldn't count on it working beyond 2 or more nights. At that point, I would seriously question any element of security. There is also a point at which the vehicle could simply be considered abandoned.
This was my thought also, that you would have to move the car around. Even if you moved it around the same lot, after a few days security will realize its the same car. Any car still in the lot 2 hours after close is going to be noticed.

Also if you really wanted to use your car to get to a park it would take a big chunk of time out of your morning. Its kind of like parking at DTD to visit a park, yes you can do it but Disney puts enough hurdles in front of you to make it not worth your wild.

What it boils down to, is it worth the hassle to save $14 a day.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-04-2010, 05:43 PM   #18
Allison
- Join date March 2004 -

It won't work. In order to park for free at the parks, you need to have a parking pass from the resort. If you don't tell the resort you have a car, you don't get a parking pass. Once you tell them you have a car to get the parking pass, you'll be charged for parking.

Even if it did, it's too much work for whatever the daily charge is at the Dolphin. Just pay it.
Old 09-04-2010, 05:50 PM   #19
bradk
She runs to get away from you.

all that argument might suggest to the OP is that it's still a lot cheaper to pay for WDW parking one day than resort parking for a week.

bradk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2010, 06:20 PM   #20
mrbghd
DIS Veteran

Seriously, if money is that big of an issue that you are trying to find a way to avoid paying for parking maybe a vacation is not right for you.

mrbghd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2010, 07:01 PM   #21
Allison
- Join date March 2004 -

Quote:
Originally Posted by bradk View Post
all that argument might suggest to the OP is that it's still a lot cheaper to pay for WDW parking one day than resort parking for a week.
If they weren't moving the car at all during the week-true.
Old 09-04-2010, 08:02 PM   #22
Local_Girl
DIS Veteran

Hmmmm...OP has not returned. First post controversial. Troll?
Local_Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2010, 08:16 PM   #23
d1gitman
Mad About The Mouse!

Now you see, Everyone has it all wrong.

With a question like the one the OP posed, everyone should have gotten on board with "yes, it's easy to do, go for it" "I do it every trip, no problem" "this is a hidden secret at WDW", etc....

then maybe they would learn their lesson
d1gitman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2010, 08:30 PM   #24
francie57
DIS Veteran

As a pp said, the resort will add the daily parking fee to your bill since you need the parking pass to park free at the parks.
francie57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2010, 08:38 PM   #25
minniebride
DIS Veteran

Cancel your reservation at the Dolphin and stay at a WDW resort instead. Then, you won't have a fee for parking at the resort.
minniebride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2010, 08:53 PM   #26
ilovecoasters
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrbghd View Post
Seriously, if money is that big of an issue that you are trying to find a way to avoid paying for parking maybe a vacation is not right for you.
A little harsh don't you think?
Old 09-04-2010, 09:24 PM   #27
Art 1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrbghd View Post
I agree.
Art 1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2010, 09:36 PM   #28
Eljay
DIS Veteran

Location: Lounging around the Royal Assante Suite at the AKL in my leopard pajamas, drinking Champagne! (In my dreams!!!)

What good is a car that's not available when you want it?

Okay, let's say that you are staying at the Dolphin and you are able to talk them out of a parking pass for the parks, but convinced them that you won't be parking in their lot.
You drive to the MK and park in the lot, then you take a bus back to the Dolphin. Great, now it's midnight and you want to run to the 24 hr. Walmart to pick up some beer, but you can't because you are at the Dolphin and your car is at the MK lot, MK's closed and there's no way to get to it except by taxi.
Bad plan.
Eljay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2010, 09:42 PM   #29
mapmakerj
DIS Veteran

Actually, at the Swan and Dolphin, you do not get a parking pass for your window. They ask at check in if you have a vehicle and they activate your room key so you can enter and exit the hotel lot using the card reader and they charge you the daily fee at the end of your stay. When you drive to a park, you just flash the attendant your room key and you get waived thru the gate. I would think that these days that you wouldn't be able to leave your car in the park lots without causing a red flag and making security suspicious.
6/09-Celebrated my and DH's 40th BD's for 14 nights (9 Swan & 5 RPR)
10/06-1st MNSSHP-AKL;12/04-DS's 1st trip-AKL;9/98-1st trip to WDW for 2nd Honeymoon-offsite
mapmakerj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2010, 10:48 PM   #30
seashoreCM
All around nice guy.

I suppose that from time to time someone leaves a car in the park parking lot overnight because it was easier to take the bus back or maybe the driver had a little too much to drink.

Now a car without a resort parking pass would at first glance be subject to another park parking fee come the next day. Most likely just a warning notice might be issued if it is a "first offense".

Tags
epcot, free, parking

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: