Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-24-2011, 02:28 AM   #16
skiingfast
Has had no bacon
Skiing fast to chocolate
But, will he succeed?

I'm excited to see what else you have to report. I like the pictures of the compact hotel room.
skiingfast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2011, 05:28 AM   #17
zanzibar138
DIS Veteran

Wow! Certainly beats my graduation trip of camping at the beach with the girls for a few days lol!

Can't wait to hear about all your adventures! (And looking forward to hearing more about Tokyo too)

TRIPS TAKEN
March 2011 DLR Engagement (HoJo & Peacock Suites) TR - March 2012 HKDL Honeymoon (HKDL Hotel) TR - Feb 2013 DLP (Hotel l'Elysee) & HKDL (Hollywood Hotel) TR - Aug/Sep 2014 RunDisney 10k DLR (DI&S & Portofino) TR

TRIPS IN PLANNING
Sep 2015 RunDisney Half DLR PTR - 2016 Shanghai Disneyland Opening Day PTR
zanzibar138 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-24-2011, 04:39 PM   #18
Disneydreamsdancer
Mouseketeer

Can't wait to hear more about your Tokyo trip!!

DLRP Aug '94 - Hotel Sante Fe
DLRP Mar '95 - Hotel Sante Fe . DLRP Jan '01 - Hotel Cheyenne . DLRP Jan '07 - Hotel Sante Fe . DLR Cal Jan '08 - Hilton Anaheim . DLR Cal Dec '08 - Marriott Anaheim . DLR Cal Jan '12 - Fairfield Inn . DLR Cal May '12 - Carousel Inn
Disneydreamsdancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2011, 04:23 PM   #19
Feathers
Ohana!

Quote:
I'm excited to see what else you have to report. I like the pictures of the compact hotel room.
I'm excited to report! xD
I actually really liked the compact rooms, it made the walks a bit easier (I'm super lazy)

Quote:
Wow! Certainly beats my graduation trip of camping at the beach with the girls for a few days lol!

Can't wait to hear about all your adventures! (And looking forward to hearing more about Tokyo too)
Haha, most of my other friends are either not going anywhere or they're going on a trip to Mexico over the break for grad. Though they aren't paying for themselves because their families are going too. We're parent free.

I'll be making another post about Tokyo today!

Quote:
Can't wait to hear more about your Tokyo trip!!
I'll get more up today!

And I have more good news! Yesterday while I was at work I sent a text to my dad on a whim, right out of nowhere. It said: We should go to DisneyWorld.

He sent back: k, I'll talk to your mom.

Luckily my parents love Disney, and they haven't been to WDW in something like 20 years. Of course my younger sister would love to go as well. So we've already set the dates for August next year. They're leaving the research up to me, but we're pretty sure we're going. I've never been before so I'm really excited! And my dad also wants to go back to Universal so we'll probably be there for two days as well. Does anyone think 4 nights and 5 days would be good for the Disney parks? We aren't doing the waterparks and we'll more than likely get parkhoppers.
Old 02-27-2011, 04:35 PM   #20
Feathers
Ohana!

And something I forgot and just added a ticker for, but my family wants to do a trip around Asia early next year. Of course we are going back to Tokyo DL and finally to HK Disneyland. My dad made it a goal to get me to every DL park before I move out in a couple of years. My parents have actually stood outside the gates of HKDL, but didn't go in because my sister and I weren't with them at the time.

This looks like a good Disney year for me. On top of that, I plan to stay with friends in CA on and off, and they live right down the road from DL.
Old 02-27-2011, 07:11 PM   #21
Feathers
Ohana!

Back with more pics!

So we left off with the park just out of sight, so I figure that's where I'll start off. I know, I'm mean.

So I'll backtrace a bit to the walkway into Disneyland. One of the more awesome things I saw was the train to DisneySea. It takes you all around the 'Island' of the Disneyparks, over vast expanses of parking lot.

and once you pass that, you enter thier version of the World of Disney store, it isn't exactly huge, but it had a lot of stuff in it. It was actually one of the only places in the whole park that I say actual toys. Most of the giftshops contain food like noodles and candies, cakes, hats (no mickey ears! only plush character themed hats) and duffy. Lots of stationary as well, which I never use and don't need. xD

But there was this really cool passport outside the shop, so we grabbed some pictures.

And then onward, ever onward!

Can you tell what season it was?

Halloween in Tokyo! Spooky music and cool pumpkins. I even took pictures of the garbage cans, which are further down the road. Here is the garden in front of the park entrance:

Our walk through main street was a quick one. Main Street in TDL is a covered and slightly enclosed area and it was always PACKED. We were rushing a bit towards the nearest exit, which led to Tomorrowland. Before we made it out, Breanne got to see her first glimps of a Disney marching band.

And then we turned around to see who else but Mickey mouse! We learned very quickly that there is NO order to meeting characters. The parents push and shove other parents out of the way, crowding around the characters and forcing the kids into the arms of the character. ):

It was nearly impossible to even see Mickey, but I braved the crowd to try and take a good shot.

After that I basically saw no other characters. I don't know why, but they don't seem to appear very often. On our way into Tomorrowland, the Fairy Godmother came up and walked beside my dad for a bit, followed by a huge crowd of parents and children. She was wearing a creepy mask and wasn't a face character. 0_0

There wasn't much to do in Tomorrowland since Space Mountain had a huge (120 minute) line at around 11am! So we walked on to Star Tours, which I had never ridden before since it was always closed in CA. It was officially Breanne's first Disney Ride! xD

After that we rode Autopia, which was SO BAD compared to DL. I'm not even joking, it was no fun at all. No offroading or cute crossing signs or anything. Really short too. :/ I will be skipping this when we come back...

After that, we found our way back to the front of the park to finally see the castle, which I think is my favorite castle. It was huge and awesome!
In front of it was a giant courtyard surrounded by four towers that looked like they contained lights and such for shows.

Also it had started raining. It was warm though. It would be totally dry, and then 30 minutes later torrential rains, and then suddenly dry for another 30 minutes.

Here's my whale...

Some of the signwork in Fantasyland.

Parts of Fantasyland were under construction, but we were still able to do some rides. We did Snow White, Pinocchio, and Peter Pan's Flight. Strangely enough, there were no stars in PPF, and those have always been my favorite part of that ride...

We left the Haunted mansion (yeah, it's in Fantasyland here...) until later because that line was up to 60 minutes. It looks the same as the WDW one.

Instead we looked around some more. One of my favorite things was the Queen of Hearts Banquet hall, even though we didn't eat there. I feel that it improved the overall visual feel of Fantasyland.

By now we were hungry, so we started looking for some munchies. I can't remember the name of the place we ate at, but it served.... interesting flavors of pizza. I bought the seafood pizza since I love fish to bits, and I swear it had a bit of everything in the ocean on it. It was sooooo good.

and after lunch.... is in the next post!

I hope I've just been remembering right.
Old 02-28-2011, 06:01 PM   #22
skiingfast
Has had no bacon
Skiing fast to chocolate
But, will he succeed?

That's a shame there wasn't more character interactions.

Unlike you I would of never have been able to stomach that pizza.
skiingfast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2011, 06:21 PM   #23
JH87
DIS Veteran

Tokyo Disney looks sooo cool. I love seeing photos from all the DLs from all over the world!

JH87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2011, 03:00 AM   #24
Feathers
Ohana!

Something incredibly amazing just happened...

So up there where I posted about how I'm allowed to plan our family's tip to WDW upon my request? Yeah, not happening anymore. We were going to go down in August for four days and such, just a nice little trip...

But today everything changed! My parents called me upstairs to talk about our trip to Minneapolis this August. They told me they didn't want to have to tell me until I was actually at the airport (they are fans of the disney commercials) but we would be having a ten day trip instead of a short one. In Minneapolis? Really? Nope.

We are going to Disney World this year. In August.

It's my graduation present. A once in a lifetime trip that I never would have thought would ever be possible with our budget....

We are leaving August 24th, some time around there, to go to WDW for four days. But it doesn't end there... we will be boarding the Disney Dream for a three day cruise in the Bahamas! And then we are getting two days at Universal, and then one final day back in WDW.

I was crying I was so happy. I just can't get over it... a trip I had never even considered and it's happening this year! I can't believe it! I'm going to pick up a lot of extra hours in the summer for sure. I just can't believe it...

I don't even know how to react. ;-;
Old 03-16-2011, 08:24 PM   #25
Mich123
Mouseketeer

WOOOOOOOOOOOOO-HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!! Happy trip to WDW and happy cruise!

Enjoy the moment for a second and then...start planning!
2014 Port Orleans Riverside and Beach Club/2013 Back to Disneyland Grand Californian/2012 Polynesian/2011 Our Second Disney Cruise - Mexican Riviera/2010 Our First Disney Cruise and Disney's Vero Beach...and Our First trip to Disneyland! Grand Californian/2009 Polynesian and Port Orleans Riverside/2008 Disney's Vero Beach/2007 Port Orleans Riverside/2006 Coronado Springs

Mich123 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: