Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Line Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-27-2010, 05:37 PM   #31
pierresgirl
DIS Veteran

Talking On Our Way!!!

Dun, dun dunnnnn!!!! A rather ominous start to our vacation, doncha think? Now mind you, a lot of it was preventable if I wasn't so lazy (orcheap) sometimes but every time I take my car to the dealership they try to guilt me into doing a lot of stuff. I SHOULD probably DO all that stuff but that's beside the point. I feel like they always want to rip me off and luckily when I've had problems it's been a recalled issue. Heck, I even got a whole new engine for free last year! YAY me!!!

So I had my emission test in May and it failed. Dun dun dunnnnn!!!! 60 days later I was SUPPOSED to take it back for a retest but I kept imagining it would just disappear or pass all on its own while I stared into the clouds. Do you know, boys and girls, that that DOES NOT happen? Not even when you wait 120 days.

No, despite knowing the test person and begging, it still didn't happen. PLUS my registration was due so I was panicking but was told I could pay the state (shocker) and worry about emissions later as long as they knew I did bring it back to retest. OK, I can deal. But there were a few things wrong with my VW that really needed to be taken car of before driving to FL from 1300 miles away. My neighbor is OLD time autorepair shop owner and as long as he doesn't have to deal with computers in the car he can do it. He had it for about a week and the night before we were leaving he said it would be ready in the AM. Of course that was after Pierre put the heat on him.

9 am, nothing. 10 am nothing, 11 am nothing, noon, finally!!!! We went to pick it up and I was waving the checkbook around but he said not to worry about that yet. Till I remind him we're gone for 10 days. Yeah. THEN he takes $500. FOR PARTS, I TELL YOU!!!! PARRTTTSS!!! Drop the P, R and T thankyouverymuch.

At home the car is loaded up, the kids are tossed in the backseat and off we go!

Here's Bella, i-Touch loaded and ignoring us already!

Here's Cooper, he was annoying, I mean entertaining!

See, I don't even know how he did that. The image actually loaded upside down! So weird.

Need to save this one for prosperity

Did I mention I drive like a grandma (no offense Mother) and I white knuckle Pierre's driving. Oooopph, makes it kinda tough, ya know?! Driving *sounded* like a great idea last year when I planned this trip. Now? No way! Ah well, too late to complain about something I did on my own accord. So you know what THAT means?

I can complain about everything else!!! YAY me! Haha Pierre! Anyways, we sailed though NYC and Bella booed Yankee Stadium. One of her fav sayings is that the “Red Sox spank the Yankees” lastnightnotincludedthough. When we got to NJ I, of course, had to make all the RHoNJ references (that's Real Housewives of New Jersey, YO! ) cause I sweat the dramz. Like I need to watch a show for that.... I was talking in my best Jersey accent about prosti...-whor-ah etc and I hear a chirp from that back seat copying me. Huh? I thought only 2 year olds did that! It was very quickly talked about NOT to talk like that!

Well, D. Staub of NJ got back at me by brewing up the worst storm I have. Ever. Seen. All cars put on their emergency lights and drove 15 miles an hour for about an hour. It really was unbelievable! I'm talking literally buckets dropped on the car, mud flinging, wind whipping kind of storm!

So by this point we had made like 8.8 bathroom stops cause no-one can coordinate their bladders and the kids are making this a “Bathroom Tour of America”. BTW the best stop is in Maryland but I can't remember exactly where so if you are driving through there you should look it up. They were also making it a “Eat Crap In Every State Tour” and THAT was in addition to the whole LOAF of sandwiches, 50 snackbars, bag of apples, bunch of bananas, box of juiceboxes, bag of pretzels. Need I got on? Didn't think so.

Will continue our drive down the coast Wed! In the meantime.......

I give yous guyses a fuucha look at my trip repo-aht. Dang, them housewives!

Umm, seriously, the cops? Broward County, bad boys bad boys! I'm innocent officer

Tossed in the bin already

“Hey Bella make sure you get from the waist up ok?”

“Is this where I sign up for the booze cruise?”

Assaulted by the Hook!!!!

You'll have to wait for more!

The Boss is Back Onboard! Trip Report still in session! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2546146

pierresgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2010, 07:38 PM   #32
verygfy
DIS Veteran

LOL, loving your TR!! Your road trip sounds like ours, those darn kids and there bladders, seriously!!

You guys headed to Laudy after the cruise, how fun!! Can't wait to hear more
verygfy is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-27-2010, 08:09 PM   #33
zurekgirl
Mouseketeer

AHHH Can't wait!!!!! Write more..... Write more.......

January 2008 POFQ
January 2011 POFQ
September 2011 DREAM 10yr Anniversary Trip
zurekgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2010, 12:37 AM   #34
SCDizneyDawn
DIS Veteran

Loving your TR! Cannot wait to read more!
Old 09-29-2010, 05:23 AM   #35
pierresgirl
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by verygfy View Post
LOL, loving your TR!! Your road trip sounds like ours, those darn kids and there bladders, seriously!!

You guys headed to Laudy after the cruise, how fun!! Can't wait to hear more
Hi! Glad I stopped by to read your TR, how funny that I saw you guys!

Quote:
Originally Posted by zurekgirl View Post
AHHH Can't wait!!!!! Write more..... Write more.......
thanks for reading! Going to try today!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCDizneyDawn View Post
Loving your TR! Cannot wait to read more!
Hi there! Glad you like it!

So my boss let me use her portable DVD player for the drive and told me you break it you buy it. You guys know where this is headed, right? Well the kids were watching it in the backseat, AFTER I spent a good 10 minutes tryin to get that dang cord lined up who makes those things anyway??!! A few hours later I was watching something and the screen kept going greenish so I asked the kids and they said it kept doing that for them too. Later on I ended up busting the cord (I think) because I pretty much have the patience of a flea not to mention they only watched about 30 minutes of EACH movie I Redboxed for them BTW Do NOT waste your time watching 'Solitary Man' with Michael Douglas unless of course you are driving down the entire East Coast. SOOOOO, my boss told me to drop off her DVD player today and I mentioned the screen thing butnotthecord and she said her boys never mentioned that to her. great JUST great Hopefully I can sort it out today and maybe it has something to do with the cord so if I get a new one the color will be okay.

You guys think it will be okay don't you?

The Boss is Back Onboard! Trip Report still in session! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2546146

Old 09-30-2010, 07:09 AM   #36
hlrababy
Disney Princess ~Tinkerbell, sprinkle me with your pixie dust~ That castle is mine!!

Heyyyyyyyyyyyyyy!!!! I am sooo glad you started!! Wooo hooo!!!!!!
hlrababy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2010, 01:58 PM   #37
Hedy
I'm 22 27 and I still kind of stammer
If you're old enough to hold a job, you're old enough to not burn popcorn

Looking forward to reading more and getting tips on my upcoming Wonder cruise!
4/93-Dixie Landings*12/96-Dixie Landings*2/02-POR*DLR-8/05-Royal Stovall's Inn*3/06-POR*12/07-POFQ**8/08-POP/Dolphin*10/09-POFQSwan 12/10*Podcast cruise 12/10*AKV 8/11*AoA 1/13*AoA 4/13 Universal: 7/08 HRH, 7/09 RPR, 8/10 RPR
*A vegetarian and pescetarian do Disney dining 12/07*Hedy and the Carnivores 08/08*Hedy and Lexie Rock Vegas 12/08*
'Ohana means family. Family means nobody gets left behind or forgotten

Hedy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2010, 04:45 PM   #38
pierresgirl
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by hlrababy View Post
Heyyyyyyyyyyyyyy!!!! I am sooo glad you started!! Wooo hooo!!!!!!
Hi Heather! Thanks for stopping by, work has been so crazy (gotta pay for my trip somehow!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hedy View Post
Looking forward to reading more and getting tips on my upcoming Wonder cruise!
Hey Hedy, long time no see! When is your cruise? Who's going with you this time? You're writing a TR for it, right?

Old 10-06-2010, 07:49 PM   #39
Blueyed Girl
HAKUNA MATATA!

Yay! Glad you started!!!
Too funny about blaming the storm on Danielle. Geeze that chick needs serious help!! Insaaaane!!! Anyhoo....love all the pictures. Looks like there are fun times coming up!
Old 10-07-2010, 04:58 AM   #40
pierresgirl
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueyed Girl View Post
Yay! Glad you started!!!
Too funny about blaming the storm on Danielle. Geeze that chick needs serious help!! Insaaaane!!! Anyhoo....love all the pictures. Looks like there are fun times coming up!
Hey girl! She is certifiable fo sho

I wrote out my second installment on my laptop yesterday, was inerting the pics and BAM it died contrary to the belief of my family I actually did NOT to anything to it so I'm pretty mad cause I didn't get to the "save" part. I'm home this afternoon though so want to redo it then!

Old 10-07-2010, 07:22 AM   #41
UGAFan0829
DIS Veteran

I'm interested to hear how things turned out with your boss! Sorry to hear that you had everything typed up and then lost it. That is one of the most frustrating things ever!!
UGAFan0829 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2010, 10:10 PM   #42
postalcop
Mouseketeer

OMG!!!! OMG!!! L~ HOLY MOLY... i forgot yo had to drive through Jersey!!!! dang it i needed to borrow you! lol... remember... haha..
so close!!lol
oh well...
waiting to hear more..
postalcop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2010, 07:10 AM   #43
pierresgirl
DIS Veteran

Accck, WHY do I keep putting this off?!?! I absomotuley LOVE writing my trip reports but things have been nuts since I cam back. Considering I have to somehow pay for my trip I have to take the work that comes in and time gets away from me. We all know how it is!

Anywhatevershesaid..... I periodically offered to drive (more like once, barely audible peep every 300-400 miles) and Pierre seemed fine through Jersey, Delaware, D.C. but towards the end of Maryland he needed a break . Oh. Woops. I forgot about the fact that I have a hard time driving at night because there is a halo around EVERYTHING. That's what happens when your eyes are an insane 9.5 with astigmatism, I'm 2 seconds away from being blind. Incidentally, I'm usually about 2 seconds away from something dramatic like; dying, telling someone off, leaving, etc etc. That's how I roll

I think I was maybe 2 seconds away from being a little drizunk here

Since he had driven from 1 pm till 10 pm I suppose I could suck it up, besides the roads were a bit quieter so I didn't have to worry about THAT many opposing lights. I took over and drove a whopping 2 hours and decided I was tired and my eyes were failing. I should also mention that everyone else was asleep and a car cut in front of me so I slammed on the brakes and woke them all up. Maybe Pierre told me to pull over. Can't remember. I got off at the next reststop in North Carolina , took an Ambien and popped my feet on the dashboard to snooze. Of course the kids took this as an invitation for a gigglefest. Ughhh!

Pierre could not sleep, unlike this which cracks me up

but I managed to get about 4 hours in so when I woke up we hit the road with me at the wheel again. We were all hongray so stopped at one of the greatest American establishments that we had never been to. The Waffle House!!! In South Carolina!!!

I am not a breakfast person, I'm more like a protein bar person but decided to split a combo thing with Cooper that came with grits. Are all Waffle Houses kinda ghetto or is that my imagination? I recalled the first time I had been in the south at a breakfast place and didn't know what grits were so I asked the waitress if I could have them without butter. “Oh honey, grits awhhr mayud with buhhttahhh” and I sat there looking like an idiot.

Those waffles are THE best EVER! Really they are! So after we ate I drove for about 4 or 5 hours and Pierre took over again. I am completely unable to relax when he's driving because although he asks me to check his blood he'll keep looking over at the meter or he rips all the skin off his fingers (I swear I can do a skin graft from the floor of my car)(eeew) will turn around and have a conversation with the kids.... Did I mention my Garmin was acting like a Gar-fail? I ended up calling Garmin and spoke to someone in support who said I needed to update the software. Then she looked up our friends address on Googlemaps. Yeah. Nice work. Lets pimp out another company YO! She gave me a streetname in the neighborhood that finally showed up and after we drank up some free OJ in the FLORIDA Welcome center (yay, we made it!) we drove the rest of the way to Paul and Janelle's house in Orlando, making it there about 4 pm.

They are transplants from our state as of January and had a nice little house with an inground pool, 2 husky dogs (Bella is planning a future of the Uconn Huskies womens Bball team),

a Red Sox bedroom, a Celtics bedroom. Need I say anymore to a true New Englander? Um, NO!!! And a Celtics pool float!

Gotta cool off in the insane heat!

They had another dog too and Bella forgot she was sitting next to him so she started flapping her knees up and down. That poor dog looks like HE is 2 seconds away from killing her, look at the eyeballs, HA!

It was great to see Paul again and his wife was working till 6 at Universal City Walk to we planned on going there. Sweet! I've never been but wanted to check it out! And we will. After we spent 45 minutes looking for my key. I found it in the safe place I put it which would be my duffle bag pocket. Specifically so I would not lose it. Off to City Walk!!!!!

Old 10-09-2010, 06:27 AM   #44
pierresgirl
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by UGAFan0829 View Post
I'm interested to hear how things turned out with your boss! Sorry to hear that you had everything typed up and then lost it. That is one of the most frustrating things ever!!
You know, those cords are the WORST!!!!! I got a single razor blade, crammed it in to the straighten the teeeeeeeny prongs and got it to fit back in. The color wasn't as bad but wasn't allowing me to adjust it so when I gave it back I had told her. It seemed like the red/blue/green thing needed adjustment but the remote (which I didn't have) can do it. I ALMOST just lost my next post because my pc said an error occured in photobucket so I did it quickly!

Quote:
Originally Posted by postalcop View Post
OMG!!!! OMG!!! L~ HOLY MOLY... i forgot yo had to drive through Jersey!!!! dang it i needed to borrow you! lol... remember... haha..
so close!!lol
oh well...
waiting to hear more..
HAHA Sue, that's hysterical, I totally woulda!

Old 10-09-2010, 06:39 AM   #45
pierresgirl
DIS Veteran

Two updates in two days? I'm on a roll baybees! We got to City Walk and there was a lot of bustle and excitement, totally Downtown Disney style! SOOOOO much to look at and it's definitely on my list for next time.

I LOVE this picture! We don't have many family shots and this one came out nice.

When we were walking in Paul remembered that he forgot a shirt for Janelle, what an oxymoron! She needed something to change into so we could eat dinner somewhere and she was probably gonna be a little mad she'd have to buy something! This is where the employee discount comes in very nicely so it's a little less painful.

She spotted the gang and came over to give us all hugs everyone was talking at once Dinner was decided on at Bubba Gumps but we needed to it up a store for a shirt and my kids were going nutty at the prospect of making their first, official vacay purchase. Do you ever notice how quickly the money is spent when it is YOUR money? Cooper is the worst when it's his own money.... he ended up leaving several places empty handed because he WAY surpassed the time allowed. By me, that is.

Janelle found a cute shirt and her discount ended up being more than she thought it would which is always nice. Cooper got the most interesting thing

I mean, really?! Red, liquid sugar in a blood bag? I don't even know if this item was character based or what. Are they pushing a vampire thing at Universal? Did Harry Potter get bitten and I missed it? I'm a pretty good, self proclaimed celebrity authority but I musta spaced out on something!

We had sent Paul and Pierre over to sign in Bubba Gumps so looked inside for them since they weren't outside. I swear I need a GPS locator attached to Pierre, if you've read my other reports you may already be aware of his penchant for disappearing and what it does to me. Good thing Paul knows how to answer his phone! We found them outside and waited for our name to be called, got another good family shot!

Me and Bella just watched Forest Gump recently and she absolutely loved it! The staff comes around and asks movie related questions so it's a good thing we did! Bella really dug all the ping pong scenes which came in handy later on! Coop got a hold of the paddle

This is how you get a hold of your waitress, LOL! ORRRR it can be read as “Run, Leyla, Run!”

I ordered the gumbo, I've never had it before, isn't that crazy? Drinks were also ordered, duh! I love how the waitress had her cups stacked, cool huh?!

I think he needs to wait about 13 more years....

It was Janelle's birthday so they all came over to sing a little Bday jingle!

The food was yummy and we had a great time yappin' away. Pierre and I treated them to dinner since they were so kind to let us crash at their joint. When we were leaving we had seen the signs for Blue Man Group which I'd love to see one day. My co-workers brother is a Blue Man and he actually set up the show down there but is currently in the NYC production. How cool is that?! He's the one on the left

We crammed in the car and headed back to their house with big talks about getting in the hot tub, my back needed it SOOOO bad after the drive down! I think my part of the conversation last about 2 minutes (there it is again!) and I crashed hardcore but I wasn't the only one. All four of us conked out and hit the sack as soon as we got back to their house. The drive down, including stops and our sleep break took about 27 hours and we had a busy day up next so as much as I would have LOVED to get a tubbie? Ain't gonna happen.....

I slept great and got up in the morning to start organizing our day at Kennedy Space Center. We were also going to check into the Sheraton in Cocoa Beach and hit up the CRUISE the next day.

Up Next~ AAA, really? REALLY? Chase Visa, really? REALLY? Pierre, really? REALLY?

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: